HollyHedge Estate Reviews

HollyHedge Estate 3
HollyHedge Estate 4
HollyHedge Estate 5

Suzanne · Married on 05/10/2013

WOW. Holly Hedge was the first and only venue I checked out. It had everything I was looking for: Tranquility, lush surroundings, Bucks county originality, a "barn" and even farm animals (the goats are awesome!). The quality of food and service was also very important to us. The food was very fresh, super yummy and is farm to table. The chef even prepared ice cream sandwiches for us as a wedding cake option.
    We received rave reviews from our guests when it came to each of these elements. Wendy and Liz are a pleasure to work with.

The one thing I would give brides a "heads up" on is reservations at the 1740 House and Holly Hedge. There were several occasions where guests had made a deposit, but this was not on record in the hotel reservation systems. So, it took a little bit of back and forth managing from my end. I gave the inn keeper feedback and she was very appreciative and ensured me that this was a known challenge to guests and they were currently finding a better solution to their reservation system. Aside from that little glitch, the planning process and the day of exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 06/22/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/13/2013

I really cannot say enough amazing things about HollyHedge and the staff there.

We had visited a few other venues before coming to HollyHedge, but nothing really grabbed us. Half way through the tour, my now husband looks at me and goes, "This is the place." Throughout the whole process we worked with Wendy, who is absolutely wonderful! She officiated our wedding as well and was phenomenal. She was quick to answer emails, never made us feel stupid for asking questions, and really is just such a sweet person.

Now for the wedding itself: They seriously took care of everything. Everything ran so smoothly and my husband and I were talking the next day and there is not a single, even slight complaint either of us had. Liz was AMAZING. So nice, yet so in control of everything. Both her and Wendy stopped by the bridal suite to make sure things were going well and if I needed anything. I can't stress enough how on top of things the staff was. I'm a slight control freak and since I had to go start with hair and make up a little after we arrived there, I was concerned about things not getting done that I wanted. They did everything. They even had a server dedicated to us during cocktail hour when we were taking photos so that we weren't starving and got to enjoy some of the appetizers. Every single person of the staff, including at the inn, that I encountered that night was so lovely and made us feel so special. To top it off, when we got back to our room, there were rose petals leading up to our door, all our presents were there, the top layer of our cake was in the mini fridge along with a plate of appetizers in case we were starving.

Throughout the night and the next morning at breakfast, we had so many of our guests tell us how beautiful the place was, how amazing the food was (IT IS SO GOOD!), and how nice the staff was to them. I could seriously ramble on forever about this place and how perfect they helped make our wedding.

Sent on 04/21/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/06/2013

First off, I cannot rave enough about HollyHedge. My fiancee and I did not look long, in fact, HH was the first and only venue we visited. Wendy and Liz are absolutely fabulous. The estate grounds are gorgeous and our wedding was nothing short of spectacular. We did get married at an off-peak time which made it a little more of a bargain. It was so amazing, really.

Unfortunately for me, my mother passed away on New Year's Day. I was completely distraught and mourning the worst day of my life while planning the best day of my life. ALL of the staff (specifically Wendy, Liz, Sara and Kyle) were the most supportive and attentive staff. I obsessively emailed multiple times a day from the point of her passing until our wedding on April 6, 2013. There was never a day that went by where no one returned an email. My fiancee travels often and I had to make trips from our home in Brooklyn to PA to pick out the details of our wedding. Wendy was right there with a smile to ease my anxiety and really help me decide on every single thing. I would email pictures from Pintrest and they would help me execute the exact look we were going for.

As far as the room blocks, we chose to block all of HH as well as their other bed and breakfast named the 1740 House. Many guests raved about the accommodations and the uniquely beautiful settings at both places. The breakfast the day after our wedding was sooooo delicious. Everyone was hungover and it was the perfect end to a nice weekend.

The staff at HH also helped us pick all of our vendors. We LOVED every single one of them!!!! We just got our pictures (files) back of the wedding and we re-lived it all over again. We also chose to have an After Party for 2 hours in the Old Barn where our cocktail hour was. This was completely worth the tiny bit of extra money. HH is worth every cent we spent. I still receive texts, emails and Facebook posts about how wonderful our wedding was. We got married at HH also so it was c

Sent on 04/24/2013

Devann · Married on 04/05/2013

The first time I laid eyes on this beautiful venue I knew there was no other place for us. The atmosphere was like a fairy tale, unbelievably gorgeous! The staff was an absolute pleasure to work with. Wendy, Sam, Kyle, Liz, Sarah and Kim (to name a few) were not only professional and responsive but incredibly talented and FRIENDLY!!! The food was outrageously delicious and we had a BLAST! The entire staff was wonderful including the people I had the pleasure of talking to in the morning who were setting up for the next wedding. I cannot say enough about how much I love Holly Hedge. Our guests have been RAVING...many have said it is the best wedding they have ever been to. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being such a special part of the best day of my life!

Sent on 04/24/2013
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 03/30/2013

Our wedding and reception at Holly Hedge was amazing! The staff was so attentive (to everyone, not just us) and all of the details were exactly what we imagined. They even packed everything up at the end of the night for us. Wendy was incredibly in helping us plan and our day-of helpers were always there when we needed them (to bring us water after the ceremony even during pictures). We have been getting the best feedback from everyone who was there. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/21/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 03/23/2013

Holly Hedge was amazing from start to finish. Regarding cost, they are worth every penny, they do not nickel and dime you and they are extremely flexible. Whenever we had any questions we received a response within hours from Wendy, Liz, or Sara. On the day of the wedding they made sure that everything ran smoothly. What we appreciated most was their guidance throughout the planning process, their responsiveness, and their willingness to accommodate all of our needs. I can't say enough about our experience working with them (not to mention the food is AMAZING)!

Sent on 04/17/2013
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 03/22/2013

I couldn't be happier with my experience with HollyHedge Estate. When we first saw the place, we knew that HollyHedge was the only place we wanted to have our wedding. We had our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in the Old Barn and reception in the New Barn. Throughout the whole wedding process, Wendy, Liz & Sara were fantastic! They responded promptly to all questions, and always gave me answers that I wanted to hear. :-)

Friends had always told me to expect something to go wrong on your wedding day - I'm happy to say that it never happened! On the day of the wedding, everything flowed perfectly that I didn't have to worry about a thing.

The food was delicious, including the cocktail hour. I've gotten so many compliments about our wedding that I am so happy we chose to have our special day at HollyHedge Estate!

I highly recommend it!

Sent on 04/08/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 01/12/2013

Looking back at our wedding, my husband and I would not have changed anything! Holly Hedge Estate was a wonderful venue to work with and if there were any problems the day of the wedding, we had no idea. Everything turned out PERFECT!

Sent on 01/23/2013

Kathryn · Married on 01/04/2013

Hollyhedge provided us with the most magical winter wedding. The flow and all the details were handled to perfection. Not to mention the food... It was delicious.
    I highly recommend using Hollyhedge as your venue

Sent on 10/01/2013

Celeste · Married on 12/01/2012

Our wedding was actully held at the 1740 House which is a smaller venue for Holly Hedge right on the Delaware. We had 28 people and the staff at both Holly Hedge and the 1740 House gave our wedding the same attention to detail that a wedding of 300 would receive. It was amazing and very special with a very intimate and romantice and holiday feel. We also had our guests stay at the Inn and we stayed in the large suite, it was very special. We loved it.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Caitlin · Married on 11/09/2012

I knew about Holly Hedge Estate from growing up in the area and I always thought it was a beautiful place. When it came time to find a venue to host our wedding it was the first and last place we looked at. It was perfect. The place itself is gorgeous, tucked away and private with all the trappings of an old country farm. The barn that we got married in needed no decoration the stone walls and lit fire place provided the most romantic atmosphere. The food was INCREDIBLE, people could not stop talking about how delicious it was and as a bride I found the time to eat & try everything. Most importantly they let me make the day mine, I had the flexibility to have my non-traditional wedding, to do the ceremony & reception the way that I wanted, but they guided me through the process with expertise and made sure that everything went as planned. They even made sure that my husband and I had a slice each of the pies that we served waiting for us in our rooms when we got back from the reception, which was incredibly thoughtful as I totally missed dessert! Their staff is amazing and friendly and I wish I could get married their every year! Thank you Liz & Wendy and all the staff and Holly Hedge, you guys rock!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Kim · Married on 10/27/2012

Fabulous! Wonderful! Amazing! Wedding that we will never forget! From the minute I met Wendy, we clicked, so easy to work with and so accommodating. Sara was wonderful the day of the wedding, handled everything like a pro. The rooms was fabulous, the food was delicious! Even the most picky guests raved about the food, our cake was beyond our expectations and the after party a blast. The opportunity to eat breakfast with some friends that spent the nigh was great too!

HollyHedge is the best! Check them out!

Thanks to all of the staff.

Kim and Lester Walker

Sent on 10/30/2012

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2012

I really cannot say enough about the beauty of HollyHedge and the amazing staff at HollyHedge.

First, let me say that I was planning my wedding in PA from FL. I was familiar with New Hope but booked my wedding at HollyHedge sight unseen after going through tons of photos online and the reviews here.

Wendy, Liz and Sarah, the events staff, are all perfect at what they do. These women appear to be so carefree and unstressed, which is great for a bride, and somehow just everything gets done and comes together perfectly, without you even knowing how. They were all beyond helpful and such a joy to work with. These ladies made sure my wedding was everything I wanted and absolutely perfect. They are wonderful.

As far as the venue itself, just browse through some photos. HollyHedge is a rustic fairytale. Everyone who attended the wedding was in awe of the estate. We had under 50 guests so were able to have our reception in the beautiful old barn, which I absolutely loved. The food and accommodations were amazing as well. If you choose HollyHedge as your wedding venue it will far surpass your expectations. It's impossible not to have a beautiful wedding here.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Heather · Married on 10/05/2012

Courtyard and reception room were absolutely beautiful. The food was amazing and the staff was extremely attentive. Everything went off without a hitch, and all of our guests were talking about how beautiful the venue was for the next couple weeks. Absolutely loved having my wedding reception at Holly Hedge and would absolutely recommend it to any bride!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2012

My Husband and I could not have been happier with Holly Hedge. It was a whole experience and everyone there had our best interests at heart the whole time. We were married on a Sunday so Sarah was our "day of" coordinator - and she took care of everything. But that is how we felt the whole day. Every time we would turn around and think of something it was already done. After the ceremony we were talking with a few guests and she came up and asked me if i was done with my bouquet (which i totally was. what the heck are you supposed to do with it after the ceremony anyway?) When we walked into the reception there it was sitting in water on our table. it was such a nice gesture and there were at least 20 more just like it throughout the day. Everyone there wanted us to enjoy and we did. Things you don't even know you want they take care of because they are good at what they do. It started to rain during our outdoor ceremony, and then there was a little hail, but there was a team of people standing by with umbrellas ready to help. We quickly went into the barn and of course the rain stopped but it was all so easy. It was great after all of the planning and hard work to just have a carefree day.

Sent on 01/13/2013

Moira · Married on 09/29/2012

My husband and I chose Holly Hedge for our wedding day because it was so incredibly beautiful in the Fall and it was exactly what we had always envisioned. What blew us away though was the incredible quality of, well, EVERYTHING when we were there for our wedding weekend. The venue was breathtaking, the planning was perfect, the food was delicious, and the service was incredible - truly above and beyond. The staff ensured that everything went perfectly so I didn't need to worry or stress. They made sure we always had a drink and were having fun. They made sure our guests were comfortable and happy. And best of all, our closest family and friends stayed in the Inn that night and had an incredible brunch before departing in the morning. It was perfect having the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after party, and lodging all rolled into one incredible place. I am so thrilled to have been married at Holly Hedge and thank Wendy, Liz, Sarah, and everyone else there for making our day everything we hoped it would be and much, much more.

Moira & Brett F.

Sent on 12/19/2012

Katrina · Married on 09/28/2012

I can’t say enough about the wedding coordinators and staff at Holly Hedge for our wedding. It was perfect and the responsiveness and attentiveness that we got from everyone there during our year-long preparations for our wedding was outstanding. Wendy, Sarah and Liz were great working with us during our planning, as well as executing the rehearsal, ceremony and reception. The food was excellent and we were even able to eat, as Sarah had brought food from the cocktail hour down to us while we were taking pictures. The venue was spectacular when we had our wedding and we ended up booking the B&B so that we had a place to hang out and talk after the night was over. I can’t recommend Holly Hedge enough for their professionalism, responsiveness, care and flexibility for our wedding. We will definitely be going back there to enjoy the B&B and food!!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2012

We could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding reception. Not only is it located in beautiful New Hope, PA, but also the staff is amazing and our wedding reception moved along seamlessly. Wendy and Liz helped us to plan the day of our dreams and helped to keep our stress level down, by recommending fantastic, reliable vendors!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Great venue, great staff, great food, what more could a bride ask for? I picked this venue off the internet from over a thousand miles away and they delivered! From the first minute I set foot on the property to the moment I got in the car to leave after the wedding, I never had a single regret. I also don't have a single complaint! When I was planning the wedding I worried about picking a venue off the internet and I stalked Hollyhedge trying my hardest to find bad reviews and I simply couldn't find any. Then I had my wedding there and now I know why I couldn't find any. It REALLY is THAT good. From bringing a bucket of water to the bridal ready room to Sarah's magnificent save at the toast (I can't have alcohol and my husband grabbed my glass of ginger ale for the toast and Sarah rushed across the room to correct it before my hand even reached the champagne glass) to the pathway of rose petals and votive candles leading to the bridal suite, the entire evening went off without a hitch! My new in-laws even mentioned possibly having their 50th wedding anniversary there. Every guest described the entire evening as a fairytale and everyone raved about the food and the service. If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 02/23/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2012

I have to start off by saying that my wedding was the best wedding I have ever been to! Wendy and Liz made everything so easy for me! If I ever had a question or concern I would just email or call them and I got a response within minutes. They gave me the opportunity to actually relax and enjoy my wedding day. The staff was professional and have beyond excellent service. The food was phenomenal, our guests are still raving about it. The grounds at HollyHedge are like a fairy tail, it is so beautiful! It has been over a week since our wedding and our whole family is still talking about what a beautiful day it was. It truely was the best day of our lives! I would absolutely recommend everyone to have their wedding at HollyHedge Estate!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Allison · Married on 07/20/2012

Not only is hollyhedge a gorgeous venue with impeccable food but the staff is absolutely amazing!!! They did everything and more in their power to make my wedding day absolutely perfect! From holding an umbrella over my bridesmaids and I, to pushing my 1 1/2 yr old son in a stroller during the reception so that we could eat and enjoy ourselves. All my guests were blown away by how amazing and accommodating the staff was. And did I mention that the grounds are absolutely breathtaking?? :)
    Hollyhedge is the perfect venue! U couldn't of had a more perfect day!
    Thank you!!! :)

Sent on 08/10/2012

Linda · Married on 06/20/2012

We feel in love with Holly Hedge Estate at first sight and then after meeting Wendy we were sold on having our wedding there. We were to have a small intimate wedding and were treated the same as if we were having 250 guests. The numbers did not matter to Wendy, Sara and Liz it was all about making our day the most amazing day of our life. After booking our wedding we had most of our communication with Sara and I have to tell you she is the sweetest woman who bent over backwards to accomodate us, and always with a smile. I cannot thank these event planners enough for the wonderful experience we had in planning our wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Mark · Married on 06/05/2012

We found Wendy, Liz & Sara at Holly Hedge to be extremely helpful & approachable throughout our planning stages, and came up with some wonderful ideas. Holly Hedge is a picturesque venue, the perfect location for a wedding. We reserved the fifteen rooms in the inn for two days for our families and wedding party. We had a rehearsal dinner on site the night before and of course the ceremony and reception there as well the next day. It made it extremely convenient to do everything in one location. The food and the service were excellent.

Sent on 07/01/2012
  • User2039462 · 2+ years ago

HollyHedge was beautiful from start to finish. My husband and I immediately fell in love with the venue; and the innkeeper's warm chocolate chip cookies sealed the deal!
    We were both born and raised in Bucks County, and we wanted to share the beauty of this area with our guests. HollyHedge was absolutely perfect, and we felt it was the quintessential property to display this charm. Wendy and team were excellent at every step of the way. Always incredibly responsive and easy to get in touch with. They're certainly time-tested wedding professionals, yet we never felt like we were just another wedding.
    The day of, I was so impressed with how smoothly everything went, and how helpful the staff was. At every step of the way they were there and anticipated what we needed. From helping to bustle my dress, to ordering pizzas for the afterparty, to boxing our dinner leftovers (unasked!) and leaving them in our room for later; the entire staff went above and beyond to make our day incredibly special.
    The unspoken bonus to this incredible property is the food. Every guest raved at how delicious everything was, from the appetizers to the main course, and I have personally never had a more delicious wedding cake!!
    My husband and I spent our wedding night at the property, along with our wedding party and families. Everyone really appreciated the convenience of staying on location, and the breakfast the next morning was yet another delicious bonus.
    We really loved every aspect of HollyHedge, and look forward to visiting in the future as "alumni."

Sent on 07/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2012

Holly Hedge was the best decision I ever made for my wedding. Everyone there was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. They responded quickly to emails, and were extremely helpful with any issue that arose. Holly Hedge was also extraordinarily accommodating for one of my friends, who has cancer and thus has very specific needs. My wedding was beautiful, which is thanks to Holly Hedge's gorgeous, natural scenery and beauty. The people there were amazing as well - very helpful before and during the wedding. They made sure everything went smoothly. I love Holly Hedge.

Sent on 07/02/2012