Hollister Entertainment Reviews

Hollister Entertainment 5
Hollister Entertainment 6
Hollister Entertainment 7

Emily · Married on 08/23/2014

Chris Hollister is a great DJ and great person. He is all about the bride and groom! And willing to do the "crazy" things most DJ's might not.... He made our reception what we wanted and more. I highly recommend him to DJ whether it be a wedding or a party of some type, you can't go wrong with him as your DJ. Many of the people that had attended our wedding wanted to have a "do-over" because everyone had so much fun!!!!!! A++++++++

Sent on 09/02/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Emily. It was great meeting you and Jake...and the rest of your friends and family. I had a fun time celebrating with you all. I am not sure what "crazy" things I did! But I am very happy that you appreciated having me!

Cassandra · Married on 08/16/2014

My husband and I had the privilege of experiencing Chris Dj at a good friends wedding in Sept 2013. We loved his energy and outgoing personality. We decided immediately we wanted him at our wedding and didn't even waste time meeting with someone else. He was extremely professional but so much fun at the same time, and very attentive to our needs. We had so many compliments at our wedding. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a Dj in the future. P.S..not only is Chris an amazing DJ, but he took awesome pictures and videos as well! Triple threat! Thanks Chris we had a blast!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Cassie! I was honored that you wanted me as your DJ, and even more thrilled that your wedding day turned out to be so great! Thank you both for sharing your special day with me!

Derick · Married on 08/09/2014

From the moment my wife and I met Chris Hollister, we immediately knew that he was not only a very professional musical host, but also an amazing person and now friend. He treated us like family from the beginning and approaches his job much more like a hobby than an occupation.
    Chris gets a sincere enjoyment out of making people happy and he contributed greatly to the most amazing night of our life. Words cannot express how thankful we are to him. You will not find a better musical host anywhere.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review Nikki & Derick! You are both such a wonderful couple! It was truly an honor to share such a special day with you and the rest of your family and friends! It was such a great night. Have a great time in Paris!

Kendall · Married on 08/08/2014

My husband and I would hire Chris as our DJ again in a heart beat. He is the best DJ we have seen (and we've been to a lot of weddings!). If that's not enough, read on:

First of all, the music selections were outstanding- the perfect combination of old and new. The music was so perfect that our family members (parents, aunts, uncles, etc) and friends (aged 25-35) never left the dance floor which is exactly what we wanted. Chris does "sets" of songs in which he plays a few similar songs (one type of genre), then a transition song, then another set of songs in a different genre. This helps with the flow of the evening. There were not a bunch of random songs mixed together- one song simply flowed to the next. This also made it so no one left the dance floor. Even if someone was leaving to get a drink, another great song pulled them back onto the dance floor!

Secondly, Chris is one of the nicest and most down to Earth people you will ever meet which, in my opinion, is equally as important as music selection (if not more!). My husband and I have noticed that DJs can sometimes be a little too animated, or a little too "groovy" for our liking. We were so blown away by Chris' personality. He's energetic but not over-the-top.

One of the other things that we liked about Chris was his honesty. I had picked a couple of "must play" songs, but I wasn't sure if our guests would dance to them. Chris told us what he thought of our music choices and he talked about his past experiences playing those songs at weddings. It's great to have an experienced DJ that is honest with you! Eliminating bad dance songs, and adding good ones made our wedding so much better than I could have ever imagined.

I can't really put into words how thankful I am that we chose Chris as our DJ, but I hope this review is a little glimpse.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Kendall & Tim it was my pleasure to be a part of your special day! From our first meeting, (4 days before your wedding) I knew that your wedding was going to be amazing. You both were so calm, cool and relaxed, it was easy to plan and discuss the wedding with you both. In fact, I should thank you all for making my job so easy! I may have had more fun that you both did! It was so great meeting you and Tim, and the rest of your friends & family!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2014

My husband and I knew Chris was the best choice for us from our first phone conversation. He was extremely attentive to our desires and truly cared about us and our satisfaction. Chris was responsive to phone calls and emails and always made us feel like we were his only priority. He provided excellent tools to help us in the planning process and in addition to this, gave us some outstanding helpful and practical advice (something we did not find terribly often in other areas of planning). We cannot say enough good about Chris!!! He is a true professional at the top of his craft and one of there nicest people with whom we have had the pleasure of working. I would absolutely recommend him to all my friends and family!! I encourage all of you to visit his Facebook page and see more photos and first hand accounts!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jessica & Ray! I can honestly say that I spent more time with you both planning, hanging out (and eating cannoli), than any other couple! I felt like we were old friends by the time the wedding day came around! I am so glad everything turned out well! I had a great time with you both, we have to meet up next time you're in Schenectady!

Katelyn and Chris · Married on 07/26/2014

Chris was an amazing person to work with. He gave us wonderful ideas and added some special touches on our wedding night. If we ever need a dj again he will be the first person we call. He had everyone in the dance floor and helped our wedding day run smoothly! I can't thank him enough for his awesome professionalism kindness and his amazing personality. I'd recommend Chris to anyone in need of a wedding dj! Thank you so much Chris. Also thanks for the music choices and putting my dads and I song together. It was an amazing night. The up lighting was beautiful and I can't thank you enough for that! Chris rocks!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Katelyn! It was a really fun night! I am glad you and Chris liked the uplighting. You did a great job yourself, especially with the intro songs, Chris Cross)! I am so glad you all enjoyed the day!

Desiree · Married on 07/05/2014

Chris is a wonderful DJ!! He had everyone on the dance floor and felt the crowd beautifully to keep the dancing going - the music selection was perfect for what we were looking for! Prior to our wedding he was available anytime to talk with us to guide us through the wedding process and was always willing to give suggestions or just listen and knew exactly what was best.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Desi & Charlie! It was great being a part of such an amazing day! I loved the New State Room, the uplighting and most of all your Monogram light! Great job picking that out! Best wishes on your future together!

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2014

Chris is PHENOMENAL! Because we had a relatively small, intimate wedding, I had initially questioned whether we even needed a DJ, but after working with Chris, I honestly could not imagine having had out reception without him. Having Chris as our DJ was one of the best reception-related decisions we made. From the first time we spoke, I knew that he was exactly the kind of DJ -- and more importantly, the kind of person -- I wanted involved with our wedding: genuine, enthusiastic about his work, intuitive, able to read a crowd (and my mind!), easy-going, with a great sense of humor. Chris manages to perfectly combine a fun-loving energy with a sense of being completely laid-back and relaxed; he was able to calm my nerves about various music-related issues and to create a really memorable set even though I wasn't terribly decisive about what we wanted to hear at the wedding. We had a broad age range of guests at the wedding -- 16 months to 90 years -- and Chris was able to play a mix of music that everyone loved and that had everyone (including my generally non-dancing father and my 80-year-old Catholic nun cousin!) out on the dance floor. My feet ached the next morning from dancing so much!

What I appreciated the most about Chris was that he didn't treat us like "just another customer" -- I had the sense that he truly cared about who we were as people and as a couple. From our early planning conversations to his offering to grab us a drink during the reception to making sure he gave me a hug at the end of the night to checking in after the big day, Chris felt more like a friend than "just a vendor." He is an amazing guy and fantastic DJ, and I recommend him wholeheartedly. We love you, Chris! :)

Sent on 06/26/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Jess! You had such a classy and fun reception at the Wishing Well. Everything was perfect, the food, the guests and the music. I am so glad you you all enjoyed yourselves. It was an honor to be a part of such a special evening.

Claudia · Married on 06/14/2014

Chris Hollister was the DJ at our wedding at Fort William Henry on 6/14/14. Chris is amazing to work with. He's so much fun!!! He even got up and danced!!! We requested spanish music at our wedding. Chris really worked with us. We provided Chris with some selections and Chris did an amazing job. His spanish music library is larger now. YAY!!!

Thank you Chris for being an awesome DJ. We will miss working with you and hope we can stay in touch. Thank you for being a part of our special day.

Claudia (Nieto) España and Erik España.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Claudia & Eric! Thank so much for the great review. It was so great meeting you both and getting to know you! I thought your wedding was wonderful, from the ceremony on Lake George to the party in the ballroom at Ft. William Henry. The blue uplighting looked great. I also want to thank Eric for the latin music 101 education! You guys were so much fun, I had a blast celebrating with you all...thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.

Jill · Married on 05/31/2014

Thanks for making our day absolutely amazing Chris! You did everything that we asked for and more and everyone had an awesome time! We knew our guests loved to dance and you sure helped us with that all night long!! And thanks for that video, that was so awesome to see!! We can't thank you enough for everything!!!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Jill & Chris! You guys were awesome! You were right - the dance floor was packed all night, even with the extra hour you added! You guys made my job so easy! Congratulations to you and Chris, I hope that you have many, many years of happiness together.

Christina · Married on 05/25/2014

Chris Hollister is the best!!! From the minute we met him, we knew we made a great decision. He was so outgoing and personable, it felt like we had been friends forever! He was very flexible and listened to our ideas and our guests requests. He did the best job making our day/night everything we wanted. We kept in touch throughout the planning process to make sure we were all on the same page but he also came to us throughout the night to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. He even offered to get us a drink! :) All of our guests were dancing and had the best time! We would absolutely recommend Chris for your future event!!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Christine & Mike...you are one of the sweetest couples I have ever worked with! From the first moment we met - you made me feel like we were old friends! I had such a great time with you and all of your friends & family. I loved Mikes singing on "Livin' on a Prayer"! Thank you so such for allowing me to be a part of such a special day...and making me feel like part of the family!

Christina · Married on 05/25/2014

Chris Hollister is the best!!! From the minute we met him, we knew we made a great decision. He was so outgoing and personable, it felt like we had been friends forever! He was very flexible and listened to our ideas and our guests requests. He did the best job making our day/night everything we wanted. We kept in touch throughout the planning process to make sure we were all on the same page and he also checked in with us throughout the night. All of our guests were dancing all night and had the best time! We would absolutely recommend Chris for your future event!

Amy · Married on 05/24/2014

I would absolutely recommend Chris to anyone looking for a great DJ! He was absolutely wonderful to work with, had some great suggestions for songs when I wasn't sure what to pick and was very quick to get back to me when I had a question about about something. Most importantly, he had our dance floor packed all night and everyone had a great time at our wedding! Thanks, Chris! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without you there!

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Amy. It was great meeting you and Randall! Your wedding ROCKED! I had such a great time! Thank you so much for having me as your DJ!

Tom · Married on 05/17/2014

I originally met Chris ten years through work. Not only is he a great DJ, he is a great guy all around. He was always easy to reach. He did an incredible job at our wedding last night at Key Hall. Without a doubt, he would be the first DJ I would recommend to anyone looking for someone who is the utmost professional.
    Great job Chris,
    Tom & Jami

Sent on 05/18/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Tom. I was honored that you thought of me to be your DJ. It was great wedding. Congratulations to you and Jami! I hope that you both have many, many happy years together!

Jenna · Married on 05/10/2014

Chris was wonderful from the start. Very laid back and knowledgable. He was willing to work with us to schedule meetings after work, and even on weekends if needed. I had confidence that he would do a great job, and looking back I couldn't be happier with his services. He kept the guests out on the dance floor and was very interactive and fun!

Sent on 05/30/2014

K · Married on 05/09/2014

Chris was an amazing DJ he kept the party going from start to finish. He was very easy to get a hold of and quick to respond to any of our questions/ needs. The up lighting he provided made the room look beautiful. THANK YOU so much Chris!

M · Married on 05/09/2014

Sent on 06/05/2014

Laura · Married on 04/26/2014

Chris was awesome!! He was very easy to work with and provided more than just music for our wedding! He was so flexible and generous. Our wedding celebration was an all day affair and Chris stayed for the entire day. He varied the music perfectly to match the specific setting, from our ceremony, to cocktail hour to reception. He took videos, photos, brought fun hats and props and provided us with beautiful up lighting for our wedding. He kept the party going and his personality fit in so well with the entire wedding party. He felt like a friend at our wedding which was awesome. We highly recommend Chris for weddings or any other event!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Margaret · Married on 01/04/2014

Chris was our Dj for our January 4th wedding at Browns Brewery in Troy. From the first email Chris's responsiveness was always prompt and professional. He took the time to call us and get to know us as a couple, as well as meet with us at our venue.
    We gave Chris a very specific and detailed list of music we were looking to have played; much of this music he was not familiar with. Chris took the time to not only listen to the music, but incorporate it throughout our day, and make a perfect list for our entire evening.
    He had the flexibility to touch base with us throughout the evening to not only make sure we knew what time it was (and what we were planning on including!), but to tweak music/volume/games/etc.
    Chris is really everything we were looking for in a DJ. He enhanced our entire wedding by creating a playlist and atmosphere that was so true to my husband and I. He was able to maintain the flow of the entire wedding and keep people dancing the entire time! Chris did great in coordinating timing, set up, and take down with other vendors so we didn't have to worry about anything.

We really had a perfect day and we were very happy that Chris was apart of it! We would recommend Chris for any event, and look forward to using Chris for future events!

THANK YOU, CHRIS!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Heather · Married on 10/27/2013

Overall I think that Chris provided a really great service and both I and my husband would use him again for other parties. He was very helpful throughout the process, guiding but not pushy. He often helped me with details I would have otherwise overlooked, and he was very calm and understanding about my time constraints and travel issues (I live a distance from the location where we were married).

Sent on 11/05/2013

Bonnie · Married on 10/25/2013

Chris did a wonderful job right from day one he was great to work with

Sent on 10/28/2013

It was a pleasure working with DJ Chris Hollister. He was very organized and listened to our needs/wants. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Rose · Married on 10/05/2013

Chis Hollister was a wonderful pick for our wedding! From the first time my husband and I met Chris, we knew he was the perfect fit for us! He was not there to steal our spotlight- just to provide us with a wonderful atmosphere. He is so knowledgeable and is very easy to work with! We felt very comfortable allowing him to play whatever the crowd wanted because he was great at judging what to play and when to play it. From the time we started dancing until the wedding was over Chris had people on the dance floor at all times. We really had the time of our lives and I am so thrilled with Chris's professionalism and style. If you are looking for a DJ that has a wide variety of music, is friendly, knowledgeable and knows how to supply the perfect soundtrack for your wedding then look no further! Chris Hollister is the man for you!! Thank You So Much Chris!
    Rose and Ryan

Sent on 10/16/2013

Shannon · Married on 10/04/2013

Chris was great and easy to work with! His pricing is very reasonable for his DJ services! He was prompt, sold himself well and presented us with sources to view/listen. He catered to us and our wedding - not someone who has to or needs to be the center of attention, but really had the attention on the crowd/us. He had a meeting to go over everything and a meeting before the wedding to confirm all details - it really helped and we just wanted him to do what was best - be the DJ and make the event fun! It really was a wonderful experience and he made the event successful!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Chris was FANTASTIC to work with. He is an amazing DJ with great knowledge of the industry, as well as a wide variety of music. He collaborates well through multiple genres and works well with all age groups. When you have an idea of what you want, Chris can take that, and expand it into an amazing evening filled with fun, excitement and, most of all, dancing. From my first conversation with Chris, I felt so amazingly comfortable with putting my wedding music in his hands....and that is hard for me, as I took ownership of every aspect of my wedding (slightly obsessively). Then Chris and I met and I felt 99x MORE comfortable (which says a lot).

I would HIGHLY recommend Chris!! He has great ideas and awesome playlists. He has an amazing personality and a great presentation. My guests were so impressed with him, and his energy. Book Chris ASAP.

Sent on 10/06/2013