Hollister Entertainment Reviews

Hollister Entertainment 5
Hollister Entertainment 6
Hollister Entertainment 7

Nancy · Married on 08/08/2015

I can't recommend Chris highly enough. He kept the dance floor at our daughter's wedding packed all night long with guests of all ages. The music was perfect and his announcements for the toasts, introductions etc. were classy. An extremely professional and excellent job.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Rick & Nancy! It was an honor to be part of such a magnificent day! It was great meeting you all, thank you all so much for making me feel like part of the family!

Christine · Married on 07/25/2015

From our first meeting with Chris, my now-husband and I felt extremely comfortable and confident with our choice to have him as our DJ. Chris was so easy to work with and he encouraged us to share our ideas with him, but we trusted his expertise and suggestions (which went off flawlessly!). His experience as a DJ made it easier for us to relax during planning and the day-of events because we knew he would handle everything professionally and without issue. Even during some unplanned moments, Chris was able to react quickly and humorously, helping us to have such a great night. So many people said that our wedding was the best they had ever been to and I attribute that largely to Chris's exceptional DJ services! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Christine & Mike, I really enjoyed meeting you both and was looking forward to your wedding reception ever since we sat down for the planning meeting. You were right about your crowd too, they danced all night! I'm glad you added the extra hour! You are such a sweet couple. It was my pleasure to share such a special day with a special couple! Best of luck to you both in the future!

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2015

I loved working with Chris. He was fabulous. Really knew how to cater to us and our guests. We really helped keep everything going the whole night. I could not have asked for a better DJ to make our night perfect!!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Jess & Chris! It was a great night. Thank you both so much for choosing me as your DJ! I hope to see you both again in the future.
  • User4519886 · 2+ years ago

There is no reason to hire another musical host. From the first time we talked on the phone, to meeting, to checking in before our wedding, and the day of, Chris, was a pleasure to work with. He is professional and knows how to keep the party going. It was the perfect mix of music that our 5 year old cousins, to our family members in their teens and early 20's, friends in their late 20's, and all age groups up to our Grandparents enjoyed. When Grandpa is on the floor dancing you know you have the best musical host in the area. He worked very well with our other vendors to keep everything flowing smoothly. We could not have been happier with Hollister Entertainment. It was truly a perfect day and we can not thank Chris enough.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Melody, it was a pleasure to work with your and Mark. I had such a great time with you all. Mark's special "Hoppily Ever After" home brew was fantastic. Thank you both so much for having me as your DJ!

Tyleane · Married on 06/27/2015

Chris did an AWESOME job at our wedding. He really works well with the couples. He does a great job of playing a variety of music, that both the young and old will enjoy. I would strongly recommend Chris for any of musical entertainment needs.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Chris was an amazing DJ! Prior to the wedding, he was able to offer suggestions on how to structure our ceremony and reception, and which songs to play based on the type of guests that were attending our wedding. We had an incredible wedding and almost all of our guests were on their feet dancing the entire reception! Everyone was raving about the music afterwards and about how great Chris was.

Chris took a ton of pictures during our wedding which we loved! So many good shots of people dancing. He also took a lot of video and created a short film for us. This is something we weren't expecting but it was a great bonus and surprise to see after the wedding!

He is also a super nice guy and I felt like he genuinely cared about our day and our wedding! I would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Maureen · Married on 06/06/2015

We put a lot of thought into selecting our wedding vendors, and the DJ was no exception. Chris was recommended to us by two other local DJs who were already booked for our date. From the beginning, Chris was polite, very organized, and genuinely seemed to care about our music "experience" at the wedding. He was never pushy, but also gave us advice based on all of his years of experience. Our tastes are a little more on the alternative side of music (we were introduced to a Weezer song...the recessional song was from Star Wars...you get the picture.) After going over our planning form the month prior to the wedding (which, by the way, Chris reached out to US to remind us about and to schedule a meeting - we didn't have to go hunting him down) I believe he said something like, "OK...you guys are a little different. That's cool - I like it!" Ha! Also, before the ceremony started, my Dad really wanted to make sure that Chris has downloaded the right rare version of a Beatles song for our Father-Daughter Dance. Chris, of course, had the correct song, but he also made sure to let my Dad listen to it on headphones to confirm and to make him less nervous. He also put together an AWESOME cocktail hour playlist based on some bands and eras of music we told him we were into. In fact, after the wedding, he sent us CD of our cocktail hour because we ended up going outside to catch a few minutes alone and missed hearing a lot of the songs. We whole-heartedly recommend Chris as your wedding DJ and we were so glad to have found him!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

My 100th Wedding Wire Review...Thank you so much Maureen & Dustin! It was so awesome being a part of your big day! Thank you so much for having me as your DJ!

Gilbert · Married on 05/29/2015

Looking for a DJ for our wedding did not start out easily. Then there was Chris. Chris is the kind of guy that gets you, plays exactly what you want, incorporates all your suggestions (no matter how difficult they are) and goes the extra mile to make sure you are happy. Coming from Lebanon, all of my family members' names and my last name are pretty difficult to pronounce. Chris did one heck of an amazing job making sure everyone in our wedding party (14 people!) and our parents had all their names pronounced the right way. Most importantly Chris incorporated some Lebanese songs into the wedding playlist, something that I thought would be very difficult, but ended up to sound fantastic, of course after Chris's skills. In the course of our preparations, Chris made sure to communicate with us well before our event about all the details we need, and provided all the mixed songs that we requested beforehand extremely swiftly. There is really nothing negative we can say about Chris! Everything he did was awesome. The dance floor was on fire during the entire event! He played songs that all the age ranges in our event enjoyed and danced to, even until the last minute! Don't forget to ask him about his up lights. Those were pretty awesome! We went for icy blue for our venue (Longfellow's). Chris made our wedding reception one that was filled with joy, happiness, fun, and most importantly, awesome music. We highly recommend Chris for your wedding.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Danae · Married on 05/17/2015

I had seen Chris in action at my best friend's wedding in 2011. When it came time for my big day, I knew I wanted Chris to be a part of it. From the time my husband and I met with him, we knew he was a perfect fit for us. Chris is funny, and laid back. He offers excellent advice and insight into the elaborate world of wedding preparation. He has a great personality and energy that translates well into his work.
    He worked with us to ensure that my husband and I had everything that we wanted, and all at a price we were very comfortable with. Chris is a phenomenal DJ, and person, and we are so glad we were able to share such wonderful memories with him!!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Danae & Jason! It was a pleasure to be a part of such a great day. I had a great time celebrating with you and your family and friends.

Megan · Married on 05/16/2015

Chris is AWESOME! He was recommended to us by a friend so we arranged a meeting with him the summer before our wedding. From that very first meeting, we knew we wanted Chris to be the DJ at our wedding. Sometimes in wedding planning vendors can be pushy and try to tell you how things should go and Chris is so the opposite! He was so much fun and so interested in us as a couple and what we liked, what we wanted, how we envisioned things, etc. We really appreciated the way that Chris let us explain what our thoughts were and he made helpful suggestions based on his experience from there. We came to really trust his judgement and everything (literally, everything) that he recommended to us worked out perfectly. Chris was fantastic throughout the planning process and he was even more amazing on the day of our wedding - we didn't have a wedding planner or coordinator or anything so Chris helped take on that role, which he did seemingly effortlessly and flawlessly. He helped us keep things on schedule and flowing naturally all while playing great music which kept the party going. We had the best time and everyone danced all night. We could not be happier with our decision to hire Chris as our DJ!
    THANK YOU CHRIS!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

THANK YOU meg & Ross for having me as your DJ! I really felt like we really connected when we met that first time and it only got better when we met for the planning meeting a few weeks ago. 2 1/2 hours later and I felt like we were old friends! I always say the more planning that goes into an event, the better it turns out. You had such a wonderful day, everything was great, the weather, the food, the photographer...I am very thankful to be a part of such a great event!

Tarah · Married on 04/18/2015

Chris is an amazing DJ! He was super open to all of our suggestions and really did an amazing job at getting to know US. He also worked well with our guests and made sure that WE were in control of the night. He really knows how to get a dance floor packed so that everyone has a great time!!!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for having me as your DJ Tarah & Jamie. I really enjoyed meeting you both and being a part of such a cool day. You are both make such a great couple together. I loved the toasts that were made, I feel that they really gave great insight into your individual personalities and as a couple I had a great time and I am honored to have been a part of your big day!

Chris was amazing!! We had such an incredible night of dancing and laughing with our friends! Chris kept the music coming and got everyone onto the dance floor!! We have recieved so many compliments on how fun our wedding was which I am attributing directly to Chris Hollister! He obviously loves his job and does an absolutely incredible job!!

Sent on 04/19/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for having me as your DJ Jackie & Phil! Your wedding was AMAZING, non-stop dancing all night! I had as much fun as you did! You are such an awesome couple! it was great to meet you both, i wish you both many, many happy years together.

Cynthia · Married on 01/31/2015

Awesome DJ. Would recommend him for anything! If I ever need a DJ in the future this is who it will be!

Sent on 02/03/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Cynthia, it is a huge compliment when someone books your services 2 years before their wedding. I hope you all had as much fun as i had! Thanks again for having me as your DJ, you ROCK!

Pamela · Married on 12/12/2014

Chris was very easy to work with and extremely professional from the beginning. His main goal was for everyone at our wedding to have a great time and that's what we were looking for in a DJ. We are very happy customers!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Pam & Mike! I'm glad you all had a great time! I LOVED your Christmas Carol Tables and the singing competition! That was the highlight of the wedding for me, oh that and your adorable dog making an appearance at the reception!

stephanie · Married on 11/09/2014

Chris was fantastic! I wouldn't have any other DJ. From our first meeting with him to our wedding ceremony and reception Chris was the utmost professional. He played a wonderful mix of music and quite a few friends and family members said that it was the most fun they ever had at a wedding. Thank you for sharing our special day and making it fantastic Chris!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

This made me smile on a gloomy, cold and snowy Monday! Thank you so much Stephanie for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure to celebrate with you and all your family & friends! I am so glad you had a great time - I hope that it was worth the wait!

Brittany · Married on 11/08/2014

Chris was absolutely FANTASTIC at our November 8th wedding. My husband and I could not have asked for a better DJ. At our meeting with Chris prior to the wedding he made some unique suggestions for the music to be played at our ceremony - I am so glad we took these suggestions as many guests have commented that the upbeat, happy tunes really set the mood for the whole evening. Our reception was an absolute blast- his song selection was on point and the dance floor was packed from the moment dinner ended to the end of the night. I know I didn't even want to leave the dance floor for a second ( I even passed on having cake because I didn't want to miss a single song). So many of our guests have raved on what a great time they had, and this is in large part due to Chris. We cannot thank him enough and I know he will be getting calls from our family in the future when my younger sisters get married.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany! I had such a great time at your wedding, it was a great day from the ceremony to the final song! You and your family and friends came to party! I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself! Thank you so much for having me be a part of your day!

kristen · Married on 11/01/2014

Chris is a fantastic DJ and guy. This was the 2nd event he has done for us and he is one of the best. If you have the opportunity to book him for your event do it as soon as possible. He and myself also like meeting and a pizza place for our meetings not your normal Starbucks or internet café.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Maureen · Married on 10/04/2014

Chris was absolutely the best DJ we could have ever imagined! He's flexible, fun, patient and personable. We had a few strange requests for songs, but Chris was able to get every single one and bring the party! We met with him a week or so before the big day, and we knew then we were in good hands. He played a wonderful variety of dance music that pleased our parents and our friends. We would recommend Chris to anyone in a heartbeat. I found him after he worked for my company's party, so his talent stretches from corporate to personal events. Chris - you rock!!!!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Maureen! Your wedding was a BLAST! You were 100% correct that you had a "dancing crowd"! The dance floor was packed for almost 4 hours straight! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of such an amazing night!
    Chris

Kellie and T'Quomas · Married on 09/26/2014

Words can not begin to explain the gratitude we have for Chris! He was kind, patient, helpful and a lot of fun!! Chris was a pleasure to meet with and even practiced names (we had some hard ones) just to ensure everything was perfect! We had last minute (20 minutes before the ceremony was to start) unforeseen changes due to the venue having their own issues.. he was on point, so easy to work with, flexible,early and ready to roll with it! We had a blast and so did all of our guests! Even though we were a little flustered due to the venue issues he set our mind at ease and no one ever knew there was a hiccup with the venue! My brother and sister in law used Chris a few years ago, this year was our turn and we plan to continue passing on all of Chris' amazing talents! We are so grateful and appreciative of Chris!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Kellie! It was definitely a pretty hectic situation, but we all worked together to make a great wedding! A big part of that was the fact that you trusted all your vendors and you just "went with it". Congrats to your and TQ. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful day! You guys are awesome!

Kelly · Married on 09/12/2014

Chris was amazing! From the first time meeting him, we knew he was the DJ for us. Super friendly and really knows his stuff. He helped us find just the right music to fit our small but mixed group of guests. I even emailed him the morning of the wedding to change our first dance song and he made it happen with no questions asked! He added some up-lighting for us and it looked awesome!! He walked us through everything and I really couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Thank you Chris for making our day, the Best Day Ever! :)

Sent on 09/17/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Sean & Kelly! It was a pleasure to get to know you both and celebrate your day with you. The entire day was awesome! Longfellows Rocked the food and Carrie was amazing! You guys are the best!

We knew we wanted Chris to be the DJ for our wedding just from reading his reviews and website alone. We couldn't have been more thrilled and felt so fortunate upon learning that he was available. First encounter was on the phone and he showed nothing but patience, kindness and his full attention. When we met him in person it really was a no brainer to have him be a part of our team for our special day. Chris exhibited the utmost professionalism and was very responsive. He loves what he does and it shows. What truly set him apart is his commitment to make your wedding day the best and we all know how critical his roles being the biggest supporter to help set the tone for your wedding day. We had many requests to make our wedding very personalized and there was nothing he wasn't willing to do, we couldn't have asked for a more flexible person to follow out on our vision, not to mention he had his own wonderful ideas and was more than happy to share them without being overly pushy which all in all made us a great team.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Adee & Alex! You both had such an amazing, classy & elegant wedding day! From the beautiful ceremony in Congress park to the dance party in the tent...It was such a great night. I am so thrilled that you were happy with my services. It means a lot to me (as the only vendor NOT from NYC area)! Thank you so much for trusting me to make you wedding happen the way you envisioned it!
    Chris

Sandra · Married on 08/30/2014

We were very pleased with Chris Hollister as our musical host for our August wedding. He was professional from our initial meetings through our wedding day. He listened to what types of music we had planned on having for the ceremony, cocktail hour & the reception. He made suggestions when he thought at certain times certain songs might work better, but left it up to us for the final decision. We also felt he has the experience in reading crowds from previous events and what works best at the time. We heard many good compliments about Chris from our guests & the way he handled the whole event. Everything went smoothly, certain music we wanted were timed just the way we wanted & we would certainly recommend his services. He was really a big part of making our day special. Great job Chris! Thank you, Sandra & Eric.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Sandra, it was a pleasure working with you and Eric to plan a really elegant & classy wedding celebration!

Emily · Married on 08/23/2014

Chris Hollister is a great DJ and great person. He is all about the bride and groom! And willing to do the "crazy" things most DJ's might not.... He made our reception what we wanted and more. I highly recommend him to DJ whether it be a wedding or a party of some type, you can't go wrong with him as your DJ. Many of the people that had attended our wedding wanted to have a "do-over" because everyone had so much fun!!!!!! A++++++++

Sent on 09/02/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Emily. It was great meeting you and Jake...and the rest of your friends and family. I had a fun time celebrating with you all. I am not sure what "crazy" things I did! But I am very happy that you appreciated having me!

Cassandra · Married on 08/16/2014

My husband and I had the privilege of experiencing Chris Dj at a good friends wedding in Sept 2013. We loved his energy and outgoing personality. We decided immediately we wanted him at our wedding and didn't even waste time meeting with someone else. He was extremely professional but so much fun at the same time, and very attentive to our needs. We had so many compliments at our wedding. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a Dj in the future. P.S..not only is Chris an amazing DJ, but he took awesome pictures and videos as well! Triple threat! Thanks Chris we had a blast!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Cassie! I was honored that you wanted me as your DJ, and even more thrilled that your wedding day turned out to be so great! Thank you both for sharing your special day with me!

Derick · Married on 08/09/2014

From the moment my wife and I met Chris Hollister, we immediately knew that he was not only a very professional musical host, but also an amazing person and now friend. He treated us like family from the beginning and approaches his job much more like a hobby than an occupation.
    Chris gets a sincere enjoyment out of making people happy and he contributed greatly to the most amazing night of our life. Words cannot express how thankful we are to him. You will not find a better musical host anywhere.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Hollister Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review Nikki & Derick! You are both such a wonderful couple! It was truly an honor to share such a special day with you and the rest of your family and friends! It was such a great night. Have a great time in Paris!