Holiday Valley Reviews

Holiday Valley 5
Holiday Valley 6
Holiday Valley 7

Ashtin · Married on 09/07/2013

Holiday Valley is an excellent venue for a Wedding. They take care of everything on the day of the wedding. We received many compliments on the beautiful ski lodge, the food, as well as the service. I would not have changed anything about the day!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Andrea · Married on 08/03/2013

We had our wedding at the Yodeler Lodge 8/3/13 and the staff was fantastic. We had a personal waitress (Missy and Shanna) the entire night who made sure everything stayed on scheduled, always had a drink in hand. They were at my side all day and night. Mark Stark was perfect he went above and beyond to make the day about me! I could have not asked for a better staff. It was truly a stress free ALL about the bride and groom day.

Our wedding was so perfect 3 of our guest have booked Holiday Valley for their weddings in 2014

Andrea & Jeremy Niece

Sent on 09/11/2013

Annie W · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent!

Katelyn was amazing to work with! She was flexible, kind, professional, helpful. Working with her made the experience seamless. It was our dream wedding! Beautiful venue and our guests loved riding the chairlift.

Sent on 08/03/2019
    Holiday Valley 8
    Holiday Valley 9
    Holiday Valley 10
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic October Wedding

My husband and I could not have been happier with Holiday Valley as our venue for our October 20, 2018 wedding. We primarily worked with Katelyn as our coordinator and she was more than accommodating! She was absolutely fantastic and always got back to my emails quickly. This was a “destination” wedding of sorts for us, being that we live 3 hours away, but they were always accommodating.

The venue itself was perfect. The food was great. We enjoyed the tasting for the venue as we tried nearly everything on the menu, the only little ding that I would give is that on our actual wedding day, all of the food seemed very peppered. Like someone had shaken the pepper shaker a bit too much. We had the filet, salmon, and HV stuffed chicken as plated dinner options.

Our reception was in the Holiday Valley lodge.

I would also not particularly recommend the Holiday Valley shuttle. The gentleman driving was pleasant, but it seemed to be extremely long delays with him picking up and dropping off guests.

Otherwise, we enjoyed our day more than words can explain, and we wish that we could go back and live it again!!!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Holiday Valley 11
    Holiday Valley 12
    Holiday Valley 13
    Holiday Valley 14
    Holiday Valley 15

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

We recently had our daughters wedding at Holiday Valley and I have to say it was perfect from the beginning to the end. From crisp fall morning to the stunning sunset in the valley, our guest are still talking about this event. We had a number of people from out of town, that raved about the venue and the service. Our wedding was large, but that didn't stop the professional staff from getting everyone their delicious meal in a timely matter. They were very attentive and accommodating to all our guest. Katelyn and Connie were there to answer all my questions and helped me coordinate everything from lodging to napkin folds...lol. The entire staff was not only professional but friendly and made themselves available at all times. Worth every penny, our fairy tale wedding was a hit and a memorable experience for all. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Matt · Married on 10/13/2017

We had an amazing wedding at Holiday Valley Main Lodge and the staff was awesome helping us out with all our questions and needs.

Sent on 10/25/2017
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/08/2017

Holiday Valley was a great option because there was a lot included which made planning so much easier. The cost per guest is kind of a middle of the road price compared to other options in the area.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Colleen · Married on 07/15/2017

We were defiantly nervous planning our wedding (as a lesbian couple), but Holiday Valley was absolutely fantastic!! Katelyn and Jolene were AMAZING to work with & made us feel so comfortable. We were so pleased with their guidance & support. We are still getting complements about the venue, food, & overall experience! I can't count how many people said it was the best wedding they have ever been to! We also LOVED the wait staff, specifically Jessica, Tess, Anna, Courtney, Kaylie, & Melinda. My wife & I have both worked in the food service industry & were VERY impressed with their positive attitude, work ethic & friendliness!

The only issue we had involved the kitchen manager. We overpaid for the wedding and thought we discussed some flexibility with the wedding end time (adding an extra half hour instead of getting a refund). The wedding was going so well, the majority of our guest were still dancing at 11:30! Although the staff was willing to stay (in fact, we convinced a few of them to join in dancing), the kitchen manager (I think his name was Mike), was quite cold and unaccommodating. He was unwilling to allow the wedding to continue for the extra half hour & proceeded to essentially follow guests around. A few guests commented that he seemed to be "pushing people out" as soon as the clock hit 11:30pm. While a few of us stuck around to clean up & help staff organize, he stood by staring at us instead of helping his staff-which was quite uncomfortable. Although his actions & behavior towards us put a damper on the night, we would not change anything else involved in planning or facilitating the wedding. Katelyn made us feel so comfortable & at-ease throughout the planning process. Jolene was on site the majority of the night & was unbelievably helpful & accommodating. We were just bummed that we had to deal with the unprofessional & rude Kitchen Manager, who we didn't meet in advance. He was the complete opposite of Jolene, Katelyn & our AMAZING servers!!!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Krystal · Married on 11/04/2016

Booking with Holiday Valley was a great experience. Katelyn responds to emails very quickly and will answer any question you may have regarding all aspects of your wedding. Any changes we wanted were immediately reflected on our contract and updated. The tasting they offer to couples is super helpful to pick out your food choices and get a feel for what the lodge could look like on your wedding day. Linens and your cake are included in your price which is a great deal! The day of Katelyn and Jolene were there to make sure everything was perfect! The only negative thing that happened through the whole process was one of the bartenders was extremely rude. Overall, I would recommend Holiday Valley!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Yodeler Lodge at Holiday Valley was truly a dream come true for a wedding reception. While being one of the most expensive options in the area, it is absolutely worth it for the incredible service, delicious food, and mind-blowingly beautiful venue.

Working with Katelyn in the months ahead of time was a breeze. Wedding planning can be overwhelmingly stressful, and having Katelyn so easy and quickly respond to questions and problems made it simple. I found email communication to be the easiest. Then both parties can respond when easiest, and everything is saved so you can look back if you forget things.

One thing to think about with the cost is that Holiday Valley really gives you an all-inclusive wedding package. Food, alcohol, and a champagne toast is included in the price. Even our cake was included, and they can run $600-$800 dollars for 150 guests. So while the price can seem scary at first, when you break it down, it becomes more reasonable for all that they provide! I have never felt so pampered. The Holiday Valley staff was fantastic at coming to the bridal table and taking drink orders. As the bride and groom, they made sure we had whatever we needed at all times, and sent us home with 3 to-go boxes of food so that we wouldn't go hungry! We spent an extra $150 to get a second bar, and it is worth the extra money to make all the bar lines really short and easily accessible for guests.

We also chose to have a breakfast the next morning for our guests staying at the hotel. It was delicious!!!!! And the cost was very reasonable. Their cheesy scrambled eggs were divine! We opened up our gifts and were able to say good bye to our guests with long drives or flights. Definitely a fun way to send everyone off, and it was nice to have it catered so that it was easier for everyone to enjoy.

It was an unbelievable beautiful day, and we couldn't be happier that we chose Holiday Valley.

Sent on 07/04/2016

Nancy · Married on 09/13/2015

The venue is beautiful and you couldn't ask for more professional employees. Everyone really went above and beyond to help with every detail. Comments on the food were wonderful....the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Katelyn was wonderful as was Joleen and her staff. When we didn't have a sound system at the last minute for the ceremony Katelyn made it happen. Joleen took such good care of the bride and groom continually asking them if she could get them food or drink even though it was a buffet. Although it was raining it really didn't cause any issues. The staff moved the ceremony inside and made it beautiful. I would recommend Holiday Valley Resort to anyone!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/01/2015

My wedding turned out amazing ! Planning seemed rocky (but that's bc I worry to much) Katelyn was beyond amazing !!! She helped me with everything! I could send her email after email with questions and she was always quick to respond ! She needs a major raise based on how much of a asset she is to holiday valley. Everything went smoothly and even more than I had hoped for or expected. There was a few mix ups with our hotel block but eh what can you do it was pricey, but it was worth it.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Jake · Married on 07/12/2014

We had our wedding at Yodeler this last weekend and it went perfect. The staff was incredibly helpful during the planning process, and especially during the wedding weekend itself. I would definitely recommend as long as the price tag is acceptable to your budget.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Evelyne · Married on 06/14/2014

My husband and I wanted a venue where we could have the ceremony and reception all in one place and Holiday Valley Resort was the perfect location for our wedding. We had our ceremony on the mountain top, where the view of the valley made a beautiful backdrop for our pictures. The value and convenience of this venue can't be beat by having the ceremony, reception and hotel all in one location. Holiday Valley also provide the linens, cake and food which eliminates the need for many other vendors. The wedding coordinator Karen was wonderful to work with. She was very helpful in the planning process and very quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. We cannot say enough great thing about the entire staff at Holiday Valley. They were very accommodating and all contributed to make our day so very special.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Sara · Married on 10/26/2013

From the start, Holiday Valley catered to our every need for our wedding. They were flexible in our requests, and helpful in making suggestions when necessary. We received an amazing amount of compliments on the beauty of the venue and the delicious food.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Jaimie · Married on 09/24/2016

Enjoyed having our wedding at the Tannenbaum lodge at Holiday Valley. Very responsive to emails and phone calls. Answered all questions and was will to work with us so we could stay within our budget! Beautiful venue and amazing food....still getting complements about the food to this day!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Matt · Married on 07/30/2016

What a fantastic venue! We had our rehearsal, ceremony and reception on site and everything was exactly (if not better) than we could have hoped for. The whole experience from the time we got there, until the time we left was great. We couldn't stop saying how perfect everything was the day after the wedding. Katelyn was a joy to work with and helped us through all the details, timeline, and kept us on schedule. She also took care of calling the vendors with our changes when the weather didn't cooperate as well as we had hoped. Mark was phenomenal to work with as well, even helping us keep the Cabana Bar open a little later than usual so that we could have a meet up with our guests from out of town the night before the wedding. We all had a GREAT time. Post-wedding, he was there at John Harvard's providing us with pizza and great service throughout the night. Him and the bartender's we're great with everyone, even some of the "over-enthusiastic" drinkers which is to be expected. If you plan on having your wedding there, you need to get to know these two people. Also, if she's available, You NEED to request Sandy as your head server.

Our ceremony on the deck next to the Lodge was even better than we could've expected and I can't even put into words how nice our reception was on the 2nd floor of the Lodge. The venue was gorgeous, I can't even count the compliments that we received. It was the best day of our lives and we can't thank the Holiday Valley staff, Katelyn, Mark, and Sandy enough for everything.

Sent on 08/10/2016

I had such a great experience planning my wedding with the wedding team at Holiday Valley Resort. They were extremely flexible and worked with us in every way possible to create the perfect day for my husband and I. The resort is beautiful, and allows for many natural breathtaking backdrops for photographs. The food at the reception was delicious and the catering team was amazing! I can't rave enough about their great service for the entire night. They even helped to break down decorations when the reception was over. We were also able to ride the chairlift during cocktail hour and that provided most guests with a first time experience that they all loved. I couldn't be happier that we chose Tannenbaum Lodge at Holiday Valley Resort for our wedding venue!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Kimberly · Married on 07/18/2015

3.5

Katelyn was a dream to work with for our wedding. She was so helpful and responded quickly to all of my questions and concerns. She helped me plan out everything and met with me whenever I felt we had to! The venue is gorgeous and they offer so many options. It was more expensive than some venues and the food was good but not great. However, I really have no bad things to say, our day was wonderful.

Sent on 08/11/2015

The day went exactly as planned- completely flawless and perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Heather · Married on 12/06/2013

A truly magical Christmas wedding!! We could not have picked a better venue to make our wedding dreams a reality. The lodge was perfect, it was so convenient to have the opportunity to have the ceremony downstairs and the reception upstairs. The food was great and our head server for the evening, Nicki, was amazing!! She waited on us hand and foot, we were treated like royalty. Clean-up was a breeze, the staff at HV packed everything up for us!! We have recommended you to everyone!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Chris · Married on 09/02/2018

The team went above and beyond to make our day extra special

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Holiday Valley 16

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2018

Katelyn and Jolene made planning a wedding from across the country easier than I could ever imagine. Very professional, responsive and accommodating. I couldn’t have asked for more

Sent on 07/08/2018

Kristen · Married on 09/24/2016

3.5

We loved our experience with Holiday Valley!!! Katelyn and Jolene are absolutely amazing!!! I literally worried about nothing other than the guest list. There was a hitch in our wedding where a very important guest fell during cocktail hour, and as we tended to them, guests were encouraged to go inside and only a few guests of 150 even knew what was going on. Katelyn and Jolene handled the situation perfectly by starting dinner late and opening up the bars. They are an amazing team and well versed in running a smooth event. The food is great but expensive. Wait staff were phenomenal!!! Only major complaint is that there aren't bathrooms on the reception floor of Yodeler Lodge, a few guests went to the bathrooms upstairs which encouraged all of the guests to use the upstairs bathroom, which was specifically meant for the bridal party. As the bride I was a little upset because those bathrooms upstairs are in the bridal lounge where only the bridal party were supposed to be. So my suggestion is to put a little card on each of your tables or a sign upstairs to notify guests to politely refrain from those bathrooms. It was already a struggle trying to pee in my dress, I didn't want other people walking in on me. But overall I couldn't have asked for a better day!! Everything was nearly perfect and handled remarkably. I haven't heard one bad thing from my 150 guests either!!! If I could get married again, I would totally choose Holiday Valley!!!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Kaileigh · Married on 09/13/2014

We had an amazing weekend thanks to the Holiday Valley crew. Our wedding day itself was flawless from beginning to end and a huge reason for that was the attentiveness of the staff. We didn't have to worry about things not getting done, and that was a big weight lifted off of our shoulders and enabled the groom and I to just have fun. The waitstaff was friendly, professional, and very helpful throughout the entirety of the day/night. Throughout the last year and a half, our communication with Karen really kept us on track and allowed us to move forward in planning at a nice pace. Thank you to everyone that made our day so memorable!

Sent on 09/16/2014