Holiday Inn Williamsport Reviews

15 Reviews for Holiday Inn Williamsport

• Cassie

Cassie · Married on 09/14/2019

Awesome Experience

Love the Holiday Inn! They are so sweet and very helpful!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Stacy is such an amazing help with everything! Always calling and answering back, works with you as much as she can!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Nicole · Married on 04/05/2014

Erica was amazing to work with planning our reception. Everything turned out better than I could dream of it was so beautiful the grand ballroom at the Holiday Inn was a great choice. The food from the James was amazing. Will recommend to everyone to use the Holiday Inn as their reception venue!!!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

kerry · Married on 06/15/2013

I was completely SHOCKED at how amazing my wedding food was at the Holiday Inn in Williamsport, PA. I never ever in a million years thought such sophisticated food could come out of little old Williamsport! I had over 150 people at my wedding and not one single complaint about the food, and there were some PICKY people at my wedding! The staff was fantastic also, professional, friendly, just perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2013
  • Mrs.

Mrs. · Married on 07/31/2011

Our reception was held at the Holiday Inn & was catered by Events by James. Rebekah was our wedding coordinator & she was absolutely amazing! She helped with all the little details & made sure everything went smoothly the day of. Events by James's food was absolutely amazing! Our guests had 3 choices for their main course, along with a penne in vodka sauce & a salad for the first 2 courses. There were no complaints about food at all & my husband & I have no complaints about the service that was provided by either vendor!!

Sent on 08/26/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2010

Our wedding reception in the Library Room was absolutely gorgeous! The Library room is an amazing room by itself...so minimal decorations are needed! The staff was very helpful from the moment we started planning to the closing of the reception. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn!!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Dominique · Married on 10/23/2010

We had our reception in the grand ballroom and it was fabulous! Joseph was the head table server and his service was awesome. My only complaints are that we left a check with the staff to give to our cake baker when she delivered the cake and it was never given to her...a minor detail. Great venue!

Sent on 02/01/2011

Josh · Married on 10/02/2010

Everything was great!

Sent on 10/20/2010

Doreen · Married on 10/23/2010

Our wedding reception went really well. The team from the Holiday Inn that worked the event were absoultely great to deal w/.
    The one criticism that I would have, we were told that appetizers would be ready for the wedding party when they arrived. They weren't and I needed to go find someone who could get them for the bridal party.
    Other than than, everything went really smoothly.

Sent on 10/26/2010

We had our reception at the Holiday Inn in their Library Room. It was absolutely amazing! They made sure everything was done correctly and to our liking. We had the entire day before the reception to set up and anything left to do the day of, they took care of. They even provided us with a small room to relax in before we were announced into the reception where we were given h'orderves and our signature drinks. They added personal touches that were unexpected but made our day that much more special. The food was amazing and so was the staff. Quick to serve and very polite! I received many compliments from guests on how good the food was!
    We also received a complimentary honeymoon suite (huge room with a king size bed, beautiful view, and jacuzzi tub) that night with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and breakfast the next morning. It really was all I could have asked for.
    One word of advice....have your ID's if you plan on being served alcohol at your own reception...my husband went to the bar we had set up and was denied because he didnt have his ID on him.
    Overall great experience with the Holiday Inn and The James!! Great value too considering other wedding vendors in the area!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Melanie · Married on 06/14/2014

We had our reception in the Library Room and it was absolutely beautiful. I took in all of my own decorations in labeled boxes, with pictures of each set up attached - the final set up could not have been more perfect. The staff took the time to look at my pictures and set everything up exactly as I wanted and it turned out even more beautiful than I could have imagined. The food was amazing, and the service during the reception was great. I would definitely recommend the Holiday Inn as a wedding venue.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Jeanie · Married on 10/08/2016

I would recommend this place to anyone! We used the library room. It was gorgeous and surprisingly affordable!

Sent on 10/15/2016

4.2
      3.0

Nice venue. Few problems with reception.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/16/2010

2.0

The parking situation became a bit of a problem. There is very limited close to the front door parking. While I know it's a hotel and there are alot of other people around, I didn't like how easy it was for non-wedding guests to get into the ballroom and "crash" the wedding. I also have quite of few non-invited names in my guest book, which was left out in the hall way. A little more attentive staff would have been nice to try to combat some of this.

Sent on 10/19/2010
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/25/2019

1.6
      2.0
      3.0
      1.0

Terrible way to end your wedding

I’m honestly so disappointed with this hotel. We had our guest from our wedding which was around 30 people or more who booked rooms with them for the night of our wedding. We called the hotel months in advanced to make sure we could have our after party at their bar around 11pm. The person on the phone was wonderful and said yes of course, as long as there are people at the bar before 11 they stay open knowing more people are coming. I ordered Pizzas and chips for this after party. On our way to the hotel that night after the wedding around 10:45 (we brought a bus of 50 people) I got a phone call from guests who were already at the bar telling me the bartenders want to shut down and close and will not wait for us if we’re not there at 11. Mind you they knew we were coming with a lot of people and they already had a decently filled bar. We showed up and immediately the 2 bartenders were annoyed and not happy. They refused to serve my dad who didn’t have his ID and is 59 years old and me the bride who is 29. They said they didn’t care if I was a bride or not they refuse to Serve me. I understand the laws and regulations, but we came with a lot of money to give away and i have been to many after parties at hotels and never been carded. They then continued to follow me around to watch me “not” drink and then called others bars in the area to tell them not to serve the bride. It was an awful way to end your very expensive wedding day. The kicker for me, was someone left my bag of snacks, my hair extensions I wore, and a wedding card there and when my maid of honor asked the next day if they saw it, they said the bartenders definitely threw it away. That is terrible hospitality on a hotel. I am a hairstylist and work with many many brides who ask for my recommendations all the time. I just recently had someone ask about your hotel and I told them absolutely do not book your guests with them. I also made guest bags, and because my one guest booked a suite they didn’t give them the goodie bags even though she told them she is booking under my wedding. I’m so disappointed in this hotel and the end of my night.

Sent on 06/12/2019