Holiday Inn Norwich Reviews

4 | Norwich, CT

4 Reviews for Holiday Inn Norwich

Dorothy · Married on 07/08/2017

Richelle at the Holiday Inn of Norwich was THE best! She listened to us and did the best job. The food was great, the staff was professional. Everyone had a great time! I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Holiday Inn Norwich's reply:

We all had so much fun meeting your friends and family . Allowing us to be a small part of your special is awesome and makes my job not feel like work.
    Enjoy your lives together, and cherish each day.

Kelly · Married on 06/05/2016

I can't say enough good things about the Holiday Inn Norwich! The ballroom at the Holiday Inn is a great space that can be so adaptable. My husband & I got married & had the reception in the ballroom. We had about 80 guests so we had one side of the ballroom set up for the ceremony and the other side set up for the reception. We worked with the Sales Manager Richelle Meneses and she was a true professional to work with! The entire Holiday Inn crew was just so pleasant, helpful and really know what hospitality and customer service is all about.
    We opted for a buffet package and the food was amazing! We did a prime rib carving station, had a delicious chicken/prosciutto dish & stuffed sole. Our guests loved the meal & appetizers. One of our guests were vegetarian and they were happy with the meal as we did also have vegetable lasagna, a summer mix of vegetable sides and a wonderful plated salad. We worked with Richelle and she was very patient and always made time for our calls, emails and the occasional pop in. Richelle let us bring decorations & favors days in advance so she could start setting them up for the big day. The staff did a wonderful job setting up the venue, I was blown away with the space & how it all looked. My bridal party had one of the conference rooms to get ready in and HI set up mirrors there for us to get ready. My husband & I had a complimentary room for that night and our guests that stayed there had a great rate. Our wedding night we came back to our room to a bottle of wine waiting for us, Godiva chocolates, a note from the staff and a platter of cheese & fruit in the mini fridge. It was all so thoughtful and indicative of the touches that this venue provides. The hotel is a great location, easy access off highway and so close to Mohegan Sun with complimentary shuttles there. The Holiday Inn is an exceptional value and is well worth every penny! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Holiday Inn Norwich's reply:

We all loved sharing your day with friends and family. I truly enjoyed helping you through the planning and getting to know you two. The two of you are a terrific couple and I know you will love your life together forever.

We had our wedding reception at the Holiday Inn Norwich. It was a really good value, especially with how expensive weddings can be these days. We had about 150 guests, and they all had a great time. The food was great, the staff was helpful, and it was really great to have the reception in a hotel because our guests could stay right onsite.

They were accommodating with all the little details we had put together, and everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. We would recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Kristen · Married on 10/22/2011

3.5

Hotel options are few and far between in Southwest CT unless you want to pay to stay at the casinos - not realistic for most guests. If you need guest accommodations, this is a good place. The hotel itself is basic, there are no suites to get ready in, but rooms are large enough - we fit 8 girls in one room to get ready in the morning of the wedding. My sales contact was always responsive, informative and helped me through several room crises with guests. They also were very flexible, allowing us to have an outside shuttle service, handing out our gift bags, etc. The only downside was that their pool was broken, leaving some guests disappointed, but I am sure they got over it. Location is great, only 3 miles from Mohegan Sun. They are one of few hotels in the area with a bar onsite, where we celebrated post-wedding, without issue. It is not the cheapest place in the area, but it is the cheapest nice hotel - good for grandparents and friends alike. Also, for every 20 nights booked, you get one comped room - me and my husband didn't spend a dime on our own rooms! Ample parking, right off the highway, so no issues with lost guests either. I cannot comment on their wedding services, as I was married at another location, but I recommend this hotel for lodging.

Sent on 11/08/2011