Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach - North Beach Reviews

28 Reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach - North Beach

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2013

4.2
      3.5

I has my rehearsal dinner at this venue, I also booked my guests reservations at the hotel, and this is where we stayed on our wedding night (and 3 nights following). The hotel is great, and the staff is amazing.

The catering/chef was awesome and food was delicious. They had a ton of options. We had 100 guests at the rehearsal dinner, so we did a wedding package. Everything was perfect, and they handle everything for you.

The only complaint we had was when we arrived the sound system in the room did not work and it took one of my bridesmaids the entirety of the cocktail hour to get a speaker set up. The sound quality was terrible and there was no back up plan from the venue. So that was a bummer. It wasn't that big of a deal ultimately because there wasn't a lot of music and dancing....but had it been an actual wedding it would have been irritating.

Aside from that one issue...the hotel was AWESOME....

Sent on 02/12/2015

2.8
      1.5
      2.0
      3.0

The actual wedding and reception was wonderful, but the biggest problem was the communication between myself and the women working at the venue. They were never in the office, they took their time responding to messages and emails, and they were constantly changing the prices without informing us as to why. It was extremely stressful dealing with them. The staff during the reception was extremely nice, but they lost our cake, and then they lost the napkins that were supposed to go back to the linens company. Then they tried to make it seem as if they were not responsible for clean up. On the other hand, the chef and the food at the venue made up for most of the hassle. The accommodations were excellent, and the fact that it is right on the beach was a plus as well. Overall, we enjoyed our day even with it's ups and downs.

Sent on 10/09/2013
  • Krisitn

Krisitn · Married on 09/12/2015

0.4
      0.0
      1.0
      0.5

Book this vendor is you don't mind:
    1) Serving your guests water glasses that are dirty, smeared with lipstick stains
    2) Being double charged for your hotel room you're staying in the night before your wedding
    3) Your guests being served a side dish that you DID NOT choose during the tasting
    4) The bartender lying and saying people haven't given them drink tickets, when they already had just so he could try to pump money out of them
    5) The waitstaff clearing the table before your guests are completely finished eating and/or drinking (I had more than one guest have their completely full alcoholic beverage removed from the table while they were out on the dance floor. They would come back to their table and it was gone)..
    6) Not having ''The Kids Room'' open and available at the said time. (I had guests asking what to do with their children because they tried to take them to the kids room but the room was locked and no staff to be found anywhere. How embarrassing! I (the bride) had to hunt down staff during the cocktail hour to open the kids room.

If you have other options for venues then I would strongly suggest you go another route. The staff at this hotel is the laziest and rudest I have ever dealt with in hospitality. They will nod yes and promise to get something done but if you actually want it done, be prepared to ask at least 5 more times and then ultimately having to do it yourself!

I am so disappointed that I choose this venue for my wedding. I honestly have nothing positive to say about my experience planning/having my reception at Holiday Inn Suites: North Beach. I never got an apology or recognition for the stress and horribly service they provided. As I said, if you have other options, steer clear of this place. I'm still appalled and livid a month later with everything I had to go through with them the wedding weekend.

Sent on 10/10/2015