Holiday Inn Harbourside Reviews

Holiday Inn Harbourside 7

Lindsey · Married on 02/12/2011

3.8
      3.5

When I first booked my wedding here I was very excited. It was the perfect place and they came down a couple dollars on their menu for me to remain competitive. Elizabeth was always quick to respond and give me information, However as we got closer to the event date, it seemed as though i kept having to remind her of details i had already given her, remind her that she had quoted me a lower cost..etc..then a week before the wedding, I call her to find out if we would still be able to set up the night before as originally talked about. She informed me that we would not be able to do that and not only that, but that the room had been booked untill 3pm the afternoon of my 530pm wedding. Meaning I would not be able to set up the room nor have the help of anyone in my wedding party. This really upset me and stressed me out. Luckily i was able to call in some outside people and they turned the room in an hour. however i feel like this should not have happened. The venue was beautiful. The servers were amazing, however the Bartender was a jerk. All the guests complained about how rude he was and acted as though he did not want to be there. The night of the wedding was my 21st birthday, and when i went to the bar and told him that, he said "so what" and mulitple guests told me he asked for tips. To say the least we were not at all happy with him. The food was good for the price and most guests enjoyed it.

Sent on 02/26/2011

R · Married on 07/21/2012

3.2
      3.0

The Holiday Inn Harbourside was such an intimate setting for a party of 33 people in the Hemingway room. However, a larger reception was going on as well and leading up we didn't feel as special or remembered. Overall, it was very reasonable and wouldn't have gone anywhere else.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Nicole · Married on 03/02/2008

3.0

Everything was great at first, but when the prices went up about 4 months before the wedding, I refused because our contract said that prices were set 6 months out. I had to fight to keep the prices that were rightfully mine. In addition, they said that eventhough they required my credit card on Wednesday, they would not charge it until Friday. I got my final check from my parents on Wednesday so it would have been ok. They didn't hold to this and charged it on Wednesday, tip and all, causing my account to over draw.

Overall I enjoyed the food and the clubhouse, but I just caution to watch what they do closely.

Sent on 08/24/2008