Holiday Inn Harbourside Reviews

Holiday Inn Harbourside 4
Holiday Inn Harbourside 5
Holiday Inn Harbourside 6
Holiday Inn Harbourside 7

Holiday inn Harbourside was the best place to have our wedding they made sure all our needs were met for the wedding and the price was reasonable. They gave our family members and friends a discounted room and my husband and I a complimentary room for our honeymoon. Love this venue and would pick it a million times over

Sent on 09/14/2013

Renee · Married on 11/24/2012

Loved working with Elizabeth! She made our event a breeze! The hotel was very accommodating and each team member that we encountered during the process was friendly and helpful - always eager. We had several of our guests stay at the hotel for the wedding weekend and they couldn't say enough about the great guest service the staff provided! This hotel is a great location for a beach wedding! They have everything you would want or need for your wedding and your guests. Great hotel, great location, great staff!!

Sent on 12/07/2012

Kim · Married on 09/23/2012

This is a great place to have a reception, especially if you have out of town guests. we were married on Sunday but checked in on Friday. We had every room booked that was set aside for the wedding. We had a great time hanging out at the beach and pool. the bars are open till 1:30 AM. The food is wonderful, we had plated dinners with an open bar. the wait staff was very attentive and all of our guests commented how perfect the event was.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Marcey · Married on 05/12/2012

We had our wedding ceremony and reception in the Key West Center at the hotel. Everything was wonderful. The staff was great and on the ball with everything from keeping the flow of the reception going to accomodating us with a last minute table due to last minute RSVP's. The food was wonderful and everyone enjoyed. I enjoyed working with Elizabeth and would recommend this venue to everyone for any kind of event. Thank you!

Sent on 05/28/2012

Kaitlin · Married on 06/17/2011

We really enjoyed our reception at the Holiday Inn. I'm very wishy washy so I changed my mind 100 times, but Elizabeth was always helpful and friendly with me. She recommended great vendors for Dj and chair covers. When we setting up the reception we moved tables, changed table numbers, etc and the staff was very accomodating. Our main server was Adam and he always checked in on me and my now husband to make sure we were having a good time and had everything we needed. It was so convenient for our guests and our comped hotel room was amazing! Our main server was Adam and he was great. We paid per consumption on our bar, and he let us know when our limit was close. He always made sure Phillip and I knew what was happening and when- and he made sure to let us eat!!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Andrea · Married on 01/09/2010

Elizabeth was great to work with. We got married on what turned out to be the coldest day in Florida and our ceremony and cocktail hour was planned for outside. We made some last minute changes on the ceremony location and everyone at the hotel was more than willing to help. The hotel made the decision to move the cocktail hour inside the reception hall which was perfect. The food was excellent and I heard that from guests as well. We loved the room we stayed in the night of the wedding.

Sent on 01/25/2010

sarah · Married on 11/21/2009

We recently had our reception here in the Hemingway room. It was a very small wedding so that room was just the right size (we had 46 guests). The staff and the event planner, Elizabeth, were very very helpful all the way up to and through the day of the wedding! They even accomodated us after dinner and cake and set up tables on the deck for our whole group to re-locate to and listen to their musician for the night. It was a perfect setting. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/04/2010

Katina · Married on 04/04/2009

Great Caterer. Everyone was happy. Was not your typical caterer who provided boring, slow food. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Karen · Married on 03/14/2009

We had our ceremony and reception at the Holiday Inn Harbourside. Our ceremony was held in the main breezeway area facing the Marina and Intra Coastal. It turned out beautiful.

We really loved it that we didn’t feel nickled-and-dimed to death. When we were shopping around for reception venues, the gratuity fees seemed high at some places, other places charged to cut the cake, and they didn’t offer us a free room night for our wedding night. I was especially sensitive to the bottom line budget since I knew that we didn’t want to go into horrible debt for our day!

It was free to host our ceremony on site at the hotel. Also, Elizabeth provided us with complimentary mirror and fishbowl centerpieces and helped us by even floating our heart candles in them for us. I know that we saved a fortune by using these free centerpieces and not going with fresh flower centerpieces. She offered us a complimentary night’s stay in a suite as well as helped us find wonderful vendors.

Our wedding guests even received discounted room rates which was convenient. They made their reservations directly through the reservation manager.

Elizabeth really made our day special and was great to work with. She answered all my (looking back now) silly emails and made us both comfortable for the get-go.

Our guests keep complimenting us on how delicious the food was at the reception. We chose a buffet package which included a free champagne toast. It was so fun to use our engraved flutes for the first time!

Anyway, we loved the Holiday Inn Harbourside and so did our guests. We loved working with Elizabeth. She put at ease and made sure every detail was handled the way we wanted.

I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Harbourside for wedding parties! We will cherish the memories we made there for our lifetime together!!

Sent on 04/09/2009

Kelly · Married on 02/28/2009

After only planning our wedding two weeks we had narrowed down our list of possible venues to two with the help of my sister. My sister was really pushing for Holiday Inn Harbourside. We went and met with Elizabeth and decided right then and there that we had to have our reception and ceremony there. The hotel is beautiful. Elizabeth was so helpful with everything and even ungraded our reception room at no charge. This was a surprise as we did not find out until one week before the wedding, which was February 28, 2009. The staff was very curteous and accomodating. There are several places within the hotel to hold a ceremony, and I believe we picked the most perfect spot. Everything came out wonderfully, from the ceremony, to the food and decor. I always hoped my wedding would be amazing, Elizabeth helped make our wedding more than amazing!

Sent on 03/17/2009

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2009

I used the Holiday Inn Harbourside for my reception site and Elizabeth was wonderful to work and all the staff was completely professional. The food was wonderful and for the price, it is a steal of a deal. If you ever want to get married in elegance at an affordable price, this is the place for you. The honeymoon suite that you receive for free is also wonderful. All my guests loved the area and the quality and look of the rooms.

Sent on 11/26/2009
  • Peggi

Peggi Lalor · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Wedding Reception planning

We met with Barney twice thus far for wedding planning and have been Very happy with the respect, caring and professionalism displayed. Our wedding isn't until November 2019 but feel very confident with our choice for this Venue. The Venue is beautiful and has an old Florida charm to it

Sent on 01/28/2019

Holiday Inn Harbourside's reply:

Good morning Peggi,
    Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to planning a lovely day celebrating you and Albert :) oxo
  • Coon06

Amy · Married on 05/01/2010

Our wedding was great! Holiday Inn Harbourside is absolutely beautiful. The staff is extremely helpful and I would definately recommend them to any future bride. The only thing that I don't like is the minimum requirement. You have to spend a minimum amount in order to book a room.

Sent on 05/08/2010
  • giftedfred

Jamie · Married on 03/20/2010

Outstanding! Elizabeth is wonderful to work with, we received a great deal, the food was fabulous, everything was beautiful. I'm very glad that we chose this venue. It also worked out well when we had to use their site for our ceremony at the last minute, too. Couldn't have been better!

Sent on 04/09/2010
  • Sissy

natasha · Married on 05/09/2015

Barney Laprad was wonderful to work with she made sure that us and our guest were happy and comfortable. I look forward to visiting the hotel on our first aniversary!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

My fiance and I used this venue for our wedding guest room block, as it was less than half a mile from the beach cottage where we stayed and got married at. Our guests had wonderful things to say about the hotel: from the clean and spacious rooms, to the wonderful open “Key West” design of the hotel, it’s no wonder that they were completely booked the weekend of our wedding (with 3 wedding receptions and a class reunion in addition to some of our wedding guests!). I also used one of the suites as my “getting ready suite” with my bridal party, and my new husband and I spent our wedding night at the hotel: both suites were the same design, two floors, and beautiful. I only wished we could have stayed longer. If you’re planning to visit the area beaches, don’t hesitate with the fact that this hotel is on the Intercoastal side of the map: Indian Rocks Beach is a quick walk away. This is a very well-kept and convenient property.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Megan · Married on 05/05/2012

Elizabeth is a big part of the reason we ended up choosing HI Harbourside to be the venue for our reception. She was so much fun when we went to meet with her and was more than ready for us when, on a whim, we decided to come back a few hours later to do a tasting. She wasn't always 100% when emailing back and forth throughout the year between us booking and our wedding date, but she was always prompt. Sometimes I just had to ask questions more than once if I had sent her an email with multiple questions because she would overlook them. When my husband's family backed out and left us well below our minimum requirement, the hotel was really flexible with how they allowed us to spend that money. Initially they weren't but they came around without me even having to protest. The day before the wedding Elizabeth let us put together centerpieces in her office because there was another wedding in the venue the day before so we couldn't get into the room to do it there. She also made sure she was nearby the day of the wedding, even though I was getting married on the beach instead of on hotel property. Very few glitches throughout the night and none of them were major. Adam was incredible.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Claire · Married on 06/11/2011

This venue was wonderful! The best prices for food I could find, since I wanted a hotel setting that would do the ceremony and the reception! My guests complimented my food tremendously. The ceremony was on their property, and the reception was in their stand alone building, the Key West Center. The event planner at the hotel was very responsive to all my emails and questions, letting me in to set up the reception room the day before the wedding. Excellent group rates for the hotel rooms for my guests-- even gave the same rate the day of for the rooms that were left and guests who wanted to extend their stay! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/05/2011

3.5

We just got home from my sisters wedding weekend, it was perfect! I helped in the planning, behind the scenes, and through the process as I have worked in the industry in one form or another for 10 years.
    There were excellent & not so wonderful aspects, but all of the best parts happened in the last month when dealing with Kerry. He really loves what he does and really made my sister feel special.
    In the beginning it was not as delightful as it became, his predecessor was very forgetful and made offers initially that she would either forget about or forgot to note.
    Having been in the business I know the difference between a Planner & Sales Manager, but there was a disconnect at times-her job and ours.
    The previous Manager would take days to respond to our inquiries and almost never return phone calls, when she did the conversations were all over the place-from wedding details to her personal life. This it the reason for the two 3.5 stars above. They would be all 5 if we had started off with Kerry.
    About 2 months ago, Kerry called us to introduce himself, letting us know that his predecessor was on vacation but would be retiring the end of May-one week before our wedding!!!! SCARY! We were very concerned-due to the problems mentioned above. However, he stayed 'on task', sent us a very detailed menu sheet (banquet event order/BEO). I saw this and calmed my sister, I knew we were in good hands and the worries went away.
    Kerry was available to us the entire time we were on property, almost as if he anticipated all of our needs and wants. When we were setting up the space, he came in and helped set our tables, tied sashes, set-up our favor table, etc., my parents thought this was wonderful.
    At the reception he assisted with our introductions and made them 100 times what we planned! Loved the drapes opening and closing!
    The next morning my sister received a 'congratulations' email and asked if there was anything else he or his team could do! Above and beyond!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Andrew · Married on 11/17/2012

4.2

My wife and I got married here two months ago and were thrilled with how everything turned out. The location is probably the biggest plus of all. The hotel is only three blocks walk from the beach, it is walking distance to several restaurants and it is right on the water, making for some beautiful views.

The service was also excellent. Elizabeth (events coordinator) was very helpful and worked with us the whole way up to our wedding date. They were able to make several of our requests work and her Elizabeth's experience is also a big asset.

The hotel's layout is unique. It is open air and exposed to the elements. But most of our guests loved that. The mini golf course is also a lot of fun (and much more tricky than your average course too).

I only have good things to say about my experience there. The bar (Jimmy Guana's) is a lot of fun too.

Andrew Skwara

Sent on 01/18/2013
  • Team McCormick

Suzanne · Married on 06/20/2009

3.5

I was initially told that as long as I gave any cancelations within a few days, I wouldn't have to pay for those people. A week out I gave my final payment and called the next day to tell her that people had cancelled on me and she told me it was too late. I couldn't even put the additional money to something else.

Sent on 06/30/2009
  • Mandi

Mandi · Married on 04/16/2010

2.5
      3.5

The staff at this facility is phenomonal.... I was promised a few things that were overlooked.... Which my mother did my entire wedding for me... She started at 10am and put that entire room together with only one hotel staff *james* who helped her.. With my brother, and my sister in law and my step dad!! They did everything!!! the hotel even came in to take pictures, which was false advertisement per my dad, because my mom did everything, and nothing was from the hotel except the room!!! We are taking James a gift card this weekend for all his help!! He was phenomonal.. I just felt that the wedding coordinator should have been at my reception like she said she was going to be... Because even at the wedding, my mom had to take care of everything, because once i walked down the isle, elizabeth was gone... She never stayed to take care of what she said she was going to!!! This hotel is lucky that they have such a good staff to pick up for her not doing what she said she was going to!!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Dina · Married on 05/30/2009

4.2

We had some minor problems, nothing too big and overall everyone enjoyed themselves and had a good time. I would recommend to other couples who are looking to have a wedding that is close to the beach.

Sent on 06/13/2009

Ellen · Married on 12/13/2008

3.5

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last Spring and decided to hold our large (120) destination wedding here. The event was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed the resort and its amenities. Elizabeth Ottani is the person we dealt with and she was very responsive. A few issues arose (inevitable) and they were dealt with on the whole very well. Some things to look out for:

1. Your room block. People were told time and time again that our block was sold out. And it was not. Our invitations hadn't even gone out yet. It took a lot of extra work on my part to get accurate information flowing from the hotel, but eventually it got worked out fine and everyone who needed a room got one.

2. The wedding and reception were held at the Key West Center, across the street from the hotel. A lovely venue, and the room has good accoustics. Attached to the Key West Center is a 'private' pool, which guests of the hotel can access. A sign was posted 2 hours before the ceremony was to begin that it was closed for a private function and I was assured that the slippery concrete would be toweled off prior to the start of my event. And I'm sure it was. Except that not 5 minutes before the ceremony began, there was an uninvited 'guest' floating about the pool. They shooed him of course, but there wasn't time to dry things off again. I believe only my husband slipped on the way but it was a cause of stress.

3. The food was solidly very good. Not fancy-schmancy but that's not what we wanted anyway. We worked with Elizabeth and the chef to get our desired menu, which contained big caveats about food allergies... the biggest of which was ABSOLUTELY NO NUTS on all the billing sheets. Yet, as my green beans arrived, they were artfully decorated with almonds. I halted food service as I had 4 attendees with violent (read: lethal) allergies to nuts and all seemed calm. When service resumed, the nuts were back on the plates. I halted it again and had a minor bridezilla moment with one of the servers, who couldn't have been nicer. They fixed the problem but our meals were delayed. And all because the function sheets were being ignored by the person plating. I found this frustrating all the way around but was pleased that the servers were all so responsive.

That's another thing I'll add - the people who served our event in the room (our waiters, the bartender) were exceptional. I went to another wedding a few weeks later (at another locale) and couldn't help but notice the difference between that wedding and my own.

Sent on 01/06/2009

Lesley · Married on 03/06/2009

3.5

I love my wedding but the planner they have there was a little abrassive and didn't seem to care what was going on. She seemed to have other things on her mind and I didn't see her the whole day of my wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2010