Holiday Inn Charlotte University Reviews

8 | Charlotte, NC

8 Reviews for Holiday Inn Charlotte University

Heather and Tommy · Married on 04/21/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner here in April of 2018. We did the Southern BBQ buffet and the food was delicious! They set up the room very well and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kevin · Married on 01/16/2016

Magnificent! Everything was wonderful. The reception was enjoyed by all of our guests. Guests commented on how beautiful the reception was and how great the food was. Alice, the wedding coordinator, was great to work with. Always professional and available. She has an eye for detail and is competent in what she does will. She is friendly and personable. She put at ease and we trusted her judgment. She never let us down. Actually she could not have done a better job. The entire staff was commendable. I would recommend this venue and Alice to anyone planning a wedding. It was the icing on the cake!

Sent on 01/23/2016

Sara · Married on 01/01/2016

Our wedding was phenomenal. After our wedding, a ton of our guests asked how they could get this vendor for various events. The day my-now-husband showed me the location I fell in love. The Hotel gave us the ballroom area, the restaurant area and the patio for the night. The hotel was very generous with the time allotted to us in setting up the location and the wedding ceremony. They helped set up everything, and worked with us trying to understand and make sure we had an amazing time. The day before the wedding we were given the ballroom to set up. The staff kept checking up on us to make sure we were okay and to see if we needed any help. The day of the wedding, the restaurant area was cleared and the staff of the hotel worked on the room decorating it. Alice, the event coordinator, was easy to talk to, very helpful, tried to make sure that everything was fabulous and worked amazing under pressure, her and the beloved staff. By 4 everything was set up beautifully! The food was delightful, that special thanks goes to the Chef! He made sure to keep loading our guests with delightful food. The theme was Mediterranean food and homemade pizza (The kids loved the pizza, and the adults said the food was savory). The desserts were fruits (which were cut beautifully), strawberry covered chocolate, and cupcakes for Nona's Sweets (which the hotel corresponds with for the cake). The appetizers included crackers and multiple-colored cheeses (The guests were raving about how they had never seen that many cheeses in one area). All I'm saying is this hotel put in 125% in making this night memorable for my husband and I. We are both so happy to have chosen this hotel, and we hope other couples looking to have an amazing service will also chose this location, as we did. Best wishes and make the correct choice with Holiday Inn.

Sent on 01/29/2016
  • Q

Quinton · Married on 09/26/2015

I recomment this venue to anyone who is looking for a very elegant but affordable wedding. The wedding coordinator (Alice) was great. She was always there when we needed her and she was very helpful during the whole wedding planning and the day of the wedding. Thank you Alice for making this a memorable event.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/28/2015

All went as planned on my wedding day and the staff at Holiday Inn played a major part on this! I literally didn't have to worry about anything. They truly did an excellent job. Everything was organized and I was definitely pleased with how everything came together in the end! The food was great, and the drinks were as well. The event specialists there are very attentive and always made themselves available when I needed them. I woukd recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Shay · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding ceremony and reception and room

We had a good experience the staff was nice the facility was very clean .they made sure we had everything we needed 😊

Sent on 06/19/2019

Leporche · Married on 04/29/2017

3.8
      3.5

I had my wedding at The holiday inn university on 4.29.17. Beautiful Venue, friendly staff. Very understanding management. The Chef was great! He checked in on us after dinner and for the complementary breakfast the next morning. Catering staff was amazing... there was nothing that we asked for that the were not willing to do. There were a few bumps along the road but we were able to work things out.

Sent on 05/10/2017