79 Reviews for Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City

Flatware (1)
Shuttle (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
78 Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City Reviews

Kat was absolutely amazing. Going into the process we read other reviews about her being great and she was just that from start to finish. She went out of her way to accommodate and make sure we were happy during planning and on the wedding day. Her passion and professionalism is sharp. I would recommend working with Kat to anyone. Holiday inn city center has great wedding packages for any budget!! Great staff!

Profile Picture Kim, 11/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When you think of the Holiday Inn you don't think of it being as grand as the one in Charlotte Center or even think to have your wedding there on the rooftop. My wife and I had just relocated from Florida and had already booked to have our wedding in Savannah. However with family being so close to us we opted to cut our losses and move our wedding to Charlotte. I had been searching for a venue for a few weeks and when I had called the Holiday Inn, our day was booked, so I was like there was not point of even going to go look at it. However once I spoke to Kat, I told my wife lets just go look and maybe if we liked we would move our date. When we got there Kat met us in the lobby gave us an amazing tour of the hotel. we were absolutely blown away especially on the rooftop. One side you can see the whole city line and the other side you can see the greenside. Best of both worlds. That Monday after we saw the venue . Kat called me with her pleasant voice, we booked that day with only 4 months to spare. Her communication is amazing

Kat, I just want to say a HUGE thank you for all that you did for our wedding! You did everything you could to make our wedding day smooth and perfect! My family and I did not have to worry about a single thing on our day, and it was so comforting to know that we were in good hands. When we walked into the reception, we all blown away by how incredible everything looked, and our guests were super impressed too! Not only did was everything perfectly, but you were there the whole day and night to make sure everything was spot on. Every time I needed something, Maria knew exactly where I had put it and went to get it for me. I cannot imagine working with anyone else and I am SO happy that we had your help! To everyone out there: I am so glad that Kat Wrona at the Holiday Inn Charlotte Center was part of our wedding, and you would be INSANE not to use them for your own wedding! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Ebony and Jaymie

Photos
Profile Picture Jaymie, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my wedding at the Holiday Inn Center City in October 2017. The staff, particularly Kat Wrona, were wonderful to us throughout each step of the process. They also helped with providing recommendations, which I was very grateful for. We also wanted a wedding where we could A) invite a lot of people, B) not go into debt, and C) have a nice-looking space. We had a brunch party in the ballroom and it was perfect for us. For those who are interested in more of an outdoor feel, the rooftop is beautiful. We got the best of both worlds, because we were able to take our wedding photos on the roof and party in the ballroom. The staff was very accommodating and everyone said that the food was very good. This venue is ideal for anyone who wants a nice wedding at a reasonable cost and doesn't want to have to deal with a thousand different vendors. All of the articles online that have tips for having a budget friendly wedding only work if you invite less than 50 people. If you want more than that, but don't want to go into massive debt, I can't recommend the Holiday Inn enough!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Omg I’m not sure were to begin with this venue. Kat was so awesome!! Our wedding was 10-7-17.. was supposed to have been on the rooftop. Can you imagine your dream wedding being on the roof for you to be told it’s going to have to be moved in. I was hurt but Kat and her team including another vendor made it so beautiful on the inside. I had no idea of how it was going to turn out but they all worked together and did an amazing job!!

Profile Picture Brandy, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, In-House Catering, Set Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings

We got married Sept 2017 at the Holiday Inn Rooftop Siena. We did our ceremony and reception on the rooftop, it was beautiful! The weather was amazing and the scenery was amazing especially at night. The staff was great to work with, from the day we visited the venue (May 2016) until the end of the night of our wedding day. They were there every step of the way, answering all our questions and requests. Everything was perfect, they made the whole process 100% less stressful.

The food and bar was great. The menu had great options and lots of variety. We went with the open bar which was completely worth it, the bartender was amazing. All the guests loved her!

This is a great venue especially if you have a lot of out of town guests like us. Location is right in the middle of uptown, there's plenty of food, bars, and other entertainment for you guest to experience during their stay. Even the bar and restaurant in the Hotel is great!

Overall, if we could do it all over again. We wouldn't change a thing, best experience and service.

Thank you to ALL the Holiday Inn Staff (from the coordinators, front desk associates, servers, and to the bartenders) for making our special day unforgettable!

Profile Picture Lonjezo & Nigel , 9/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: China, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Tastings

Holiday Inn Center City was a life saver and ended up being a game changer!! Their assistance and professionalism was so amazing!!! I enjoyed working with Laura and Kat to make sure my vision and dreams came true!!!

Profile Picture Cami, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kat assisted us throughout the entire wedding and was the maître de on our wedding day. She always treated us as if we were the only wedding which was extremely important to us both! The Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City is an amazing choice for a wedding if you would like a rooftop wedding!

Profile Picture Ann, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Kat was fantastic. She was our third wedding coordinator (the others left the Holiday Inn) but you wouldn't have known it. She was always very quick to respond to emails. Any time I asked a question she gave great feedback. She was very accommodating anytime I suggested a change. The day of she was very attentive leading up to the ceremony and into dinner. She coordinated everything very well including our rehearsal. The food was great, the suggested list of vendors was very helpful and the ones we chose were fantastic, the waitstaff were very friendly, the rooms were nice, and the front desk did a great job making sure the room block guests got a wedding bag when they checked in. Overall, I had a fantastic experience with the Holiday Inn planning and having my wedding ceremony and reception on the rooftop.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This venue was a huge part of making our all our wedding dreams come true! Half of our wedding guests were from out of state so it was important to me that they have a great experience at the hotel. My guests couldn't stop telling me how friendly and helpful every single staff member was. We had no problems! Which, for a wedding with a lot of people and moving parts, I was amazed and so happy.

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The team at Holiday Inn was amazing. They work hard to make sure that our special day went off with out a hitch. Any issues I had Laura was able to help me fix them right away. I would recommend the Holiday Inn Center City to anyone for their wedding.

Profile Picture Shannon, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Sarah was really good. She was knowledgeable and made sure everything was to our liking. She was a pleasure to work with. We had a pretty large wedding and she rocked it!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Ask for Sarah. She was wonderful. Worked within our 1 month deadline and was so accommodating and knowledgeable. My wedding was rained out and she set up the ceremony inside and it was flawless. Very thankful to her for making our big day an exceptional experience!

Profile Picture Rukiya, 11/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Parking, Valet, Accommodations, Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

The venue was absolutely breathtaking. The staff was on their game at all times and made the day run smoothly! Very pleased with the way the whole day was managed and the food was AMAZING!

Profile Picture Donna, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I changed vendors to the Holiday Inn Center City months before my October 9th wedding and am SO GLAD that I did. The hotel and the team took care of everything. The catering, cake allotment and florist allotment is included in your per person price. The fact that they include almost everything is worth it all- food, linens, chairs, covers, setup/breakdown, a wait staff, bar/bar tender, the list goes on! Honestly, it was the most reasonable and accommodating vendor around Charlotte. We had the ceremony and cocktail hour on the Rooftop Sienna and the Reception inside the Discovery Ballroom. My pictures turned out GORGEOUS and I received endless compliments on how pretty everything was.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

So I got married May 6th, 2017 here and had my ceremony and reception at The Holiday Inn Center City. I am a super anal person when planning any event I'm hosting. I was adamant about a couple of things and this venue came through 100%! The communication was great, the food was OUTSTANDING (I'm a cook and entertain friends weekly at my home and was so nervous it wouldn't be flavorful) and not your normal wedding food. We all know "normal, boring wedding food" and The Holiday Inn went above and beyond. I have had several compliments on how incredible the food was at cocktail hour and reception. The entire staff worked together diligently to bring my wedding inside last minute due to incliment weather and it turned out BEAUTIFUL. My guests were super impressed and had a BLAST. Laura is a gem to work with and Jami was incredible too!!!! The open bar was fully stoked and poured generously! Hahaha! They really helped me keep my wedding very personable and intimate. I could go on and on about each person that helped me at this venue. JJ at the front desk answered questions for my guests and helped them get acclimated. LOVE HIM!!! And the valet guys out front, ha!!! LOVED THEM TOO!! Just amazing people. If you're contemplating having your wedding here, DO IT!!!! Trust me, I am incredibly picky and these guys just KNOW HOW TO DO A WEDDING. They take care of EVERYTHING!!!! Your wedding isn't just another hotel wedding. They make you feel like that hotel was built for YOU and your guests. Haha! We took it to the hotel bar after the reception (12am) and went out uptown following the hotel bar. I would do it all over again. For the value you cannot beat it. Don't waste your time looking anywhere else. You'll thank yourself later.. :-)

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you are looking for an all inclusive no fuss wedding this is the spot! Karen Flowers, JJ, and the crew made every visit to the hotel be it for a consultation, meeting, or stopping by to make payment feel like a visit with old friends. We didn't have to worry about one thing the entire weekend of our wedding. They provided a list of preferred vendors from which I did choose my vendors although I didn't have to. However, each vendor on their list that I chose was TOP NOTCH!!! Karen was very accommodating from all aspects. Our ceremony was on the roof top, and the reception was in a ballroom. Everything was beautiful! Everyone that was in attendance raved about the venue. It's in a convenient and attractive location especially if you love the city life like my husband and I. You can't go wrong choosing this venue. Thank you Karen, JJ, and the crew for all you do!!! XOXO K&J

Profile Picture Katrina, 9/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Accommodations, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations

I want to thank Karen and Sarah for all their help with my wedding event. My family had so much fun. It was because of these two ladies. They made my wedding life so unstressful!!! Love You Both!!!

The Payne's

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

They were more than we could of ever asked for!

Profile Picture Catie, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our son's Holiday Inn Rooftop wedding was unique, elegant, and beautiful! All vendors did an over the top wonderful job. Lots of choices and the wedding staff was wonderful in offering suggestions and making sure it was a perfect day. The food was beautiful displayed, ample, and delicious. The roof top was a great venue for the money! 100 guests fit there perfectly! The stars made the evening even more perfect! The wedding day went off without a flaw, Perfect venue, food, rooms, service!
My only complaint is the hotel needs to INCLUDE the service charge (22%) and sales taxes (7% - 8%) in the wedding price quote and include it in the payment plan. That way there is no shock to the couple that additional funds are required weeks before their wedding takes place.

Profile Picture wnay, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Karen, Corinna and the entire staff at the Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City & Cafe Sienna did a phenomenal job for our wedding. It was truly the best day of our lives! All of our guests are continuously complimenting the entire night including the food, decor, etc. They listened to what we wanted and made it come to life. HI Charlotte is highly recommended by us and we can't thank them enough for all they did to make our day extra special!
Mr. & Mrs. Cooper

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen and her team at the Holiday in were fantastic! We loved working with everyone and had the most perfect wedding at the best rooftop venue in Charlotte!! All of the coordinators are beyong accommodating and definitely went above and beyond to make sure that all of our needs were met and that our big day went perfectly! We also got so many complements on the food which was really important to us and absolutely amazing by the way! Also the staff in general, from the bellman to the reception desk, bartenders and waitstaff all worked with such kindness and professionalism. I even managed to sneak in a few pics with some of my favorite staff members while taking my wedding pictures around the hotel :) We highly recommend having your wedding here!!! By far the best place in town!!

Profile Picture kayla, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Thank you very much for the gracious and over the top service throughout the wedding planning process; and especially on our wedding day this past April. It was wonderful and the hotel and wedding staff exceeded our expectations!
Sheyla and Joel

Profile Picture Sheyla, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I want to give a HUGE thank you to Corinna and her staff at the Holiday Inn. My wedding was breathtaking in the rooftop. The reception was in the Discovery ball room, and everything was perfect. Our guests are still raving about the food! Having the wedding at the hotel took a lot of the stress away from us with planning; all we had to do is just show up and know things will be impeccable as planned.

Profile Picture Tenaya , 4/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I strongly recommend Holiday Inn. Awesome Venue; Great Value, knowledgeable staff. I feel that all employees were looking out for my best interest. I recommend without hesitation. Shout out to Corinna; .......Awesome!

Profile Picture Willie, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Valet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, House Liquor, House Wine, Accommodations, Event Planning