Hoffmann Photographer Reviews

Hoffmann Photographer 1
Hoffmann Photographer 2
  • Laura

Laura · Getting married on 10/04/2020

so in love with our photos!

We got married in Kelowna on July 3rd, 2018 and our photos captured the day beautifully. We are so in love with our photos and how they turned out!

Hoffmann Photographer 3
    Sent on 04/22/2019

Ryan · Married on 10/29/2016

simply amazing to work with!!

Ryan and Jordan were simply amazing to work with!! Ourselves and our wedding party had so much fun with them throughout the day! They are down to earth and definitely up for anything. They make photos enjoyable and very relaxing. They provided us with some 'sneak peek' photos almost immediately after the wedding was done. They did an amazing job capturing our day and I would recommend them to anyone!

Hoffmann Photographer 4
    Sent on 04/22/2019

Shannon · Married on 09/27/2014

We hired Steve Hoffmann to photograph our September 2014 wedding in Rancho Santa Fe and were thrilled with his services.

My husband and I are Type A personalities, so we started the wedding planning process about a year and a half ago. We reached out to Steve early on after reviewing his work and reading many glowing reviews. He kindly drove down from Orange County and met us on the side of the road in front of a North County venue we were considering. Not the best setting to share his portfolio and talk business, but it speaks to Steve's professionalism and willingness to work with his clients. We got our contract in place and Steve was great about hitting milestones along the way -- venue walk-throughs, submitting insurance certificates, coordinating with our wedding planner, etc.

Steve has a great sense of humor, a keen eye and is very easy to work with. The shots he took of us, our guests and the venue were impeccable and really captured the joy of our big day.

I should note that we were also the first same-sex couple that Steve had photographed. We appreciated Steve's forthrightness, openness and willingness to work with us, as we have heard horror stories about other couples being denied service from other vendors. We highly recommend Hoffmann Photographer without reservation!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Janet · Married on 07/18/2013

My Husband and I were married in Laguna Beach and the photos came out incredible. Steve takes absolutely fantastic photos. He was a pleasure to work with and really did capture some great photos of my big day.
    I am very pleased with his work. He did an outstanding job.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/09/2013

Steve was so easy to work with. He captured such beautiful moments from our wedding without us even noticing he was there. We only had our family, 5 people with us and the kids, and he treated it just as he would a large big party. We have received so many compliments on our photos. He was just amazing

Sent on 07/05/2013

Kathy · Married on 05/11/2013

Hoffmann is the best of the best!! We flew him to VT to photograph our daughter's wedding and we were not disappointed. Not only was he the ultimate professional while at the same time being friendly and personable, but the photos are unbelievable. They truly tell the story of the events--they take you back to relive every moment. It isn't just a still photo--it is truly a storybook, capturing every moment, not staged, just natural, beautiful, moments you might have missed or forgotten are captured in film forever and in such a beautiful way. You will not be disappointed if you book with Hoffmann!!!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Heidi · Married on 05/11/2013

My name is Heidi Congdon and I recently had the pleasure of having Steve Hoffmann as our photographer at my wedding. When searching for a photographer, I had several qualities I was looking for: attention to detail, flexibility, quality, and someone who didn't need to be directed. Steve possesses every single one of these qualities.

When reviewing his work, every single detail is captured. Not a single memory is missed. He is more than happy to travel. We flew him out to Vermont and he went right to work capturing every single moment and detail from the beginning of the rehearsal dinner right through the end of our reception. He has an amazing sense of humor, while being incredibly professional.

Of course after coming back from our honeymoon, the first thing that we wanted to do was look at photos. And Steve did not disappoint. All of our photos were ready to view in a short amount of time. The pictures are not simply photos. They tell a story. They show every detail. They show every emotion of the day. They are captivating.

I would recommend Steve Hoffmann, Hoffmann Photographer, for any occasion. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Absolutely loved working with Steve! He's a very talented photographer and an all around great guy. Hire him!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Heather · Married on 11/30/2012

So we chose to do our photos before the wedding and I am so glad we did. Our wedding day rained all day (except the ceremony) and it was dark during photo time; however, Steve still made them absolutely amazing. We can't stop looking through all of them. I am so impressed by his professionalism and skills that shined through from start to finish. The only hard part is trying to pick which ones we want for our photo album since they all look great! He truly captured the love and fun from the evening! Steve Hoffman rocks!

Sent on 12/27/2012

AMAZING photos!! From engagement to wedding day our pictures are great! The team is professional and captures every moment while being non intrusive! We look forward to using them in our future!!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2012

Choosing a photographer can be one of the most critical details in planning your Wedding. You cross your fingers that you are able to find the perfect person to capture all of your special moments and freeze "Your Moment" in time. Steve Hoffmann is definitely that person!

Hoffmann has a genuine style that puts everyone at ease. He moves from point to point capturing genuine shots & does everything he can to get the Perfect Shot (like climb over a balcony to get a beautiful panoramic shot of our ceremony).

One thing I know for sure is you won't regret choosing Hoffmann as your photographer!

Sent on 01/25/2013

Debbie · Married on 08/20/2011

Thank you SO MUCH Hoffman for making my daughters WEDDING SO UNBELIEVABLE. Hoffman is AMAZING!! Hoffman was the photgrapher at my daughter and now son-in-laws wedding at the Pantheon Mansion. I was planning on using a friend who is a professional photographer but my daughter insisted on us using Hoffman. He was FANTASTIC. I could not have asked for anyone better. Hoffman captured every moment of this spectacular wedding. I am so looking forward to seeing all the pictures. I highly recommend Hoffman to any new bride out there if you want amazing pictures to look back on in the years to come.

Debbie

Sent on 09/01/2011

Rebecca · Married on 08/06/2011

Hoffmann did such an amazing job photographing our wedding! He worked non-stop to make sure every moment of our wedding day was captured, without causing the slightest interference to the day. Hoffmann captured us and our background setting in a way that was truly breathtaking. He is extremely creative and artistic so every picture makes you say, "Wow!" I got tons of compliments on our pictures, and there are so many that I love that I can barely narrow it down to 90 favorites for our album. You will not be disappointed with Hoffmann and his quality of work - he is awesome!

c · Married on 07/23/2011

Planning a wedding is hectic enough. The last thing you need to be is burdened with the "task" of finding a photographer. After doing my own rigorous research, I came across Hoffmann. The reviews you will read are deadly accurate. Hoffmann and his team "preserved" my special day for a lifetime to come. It is refreshing that such quality and service is provided at a reasonable price! (If you are planning a wedding, you know how quickly things can add up.) So, if you are on the fence about who to choose, stress no more...go with Hoffmann and his team, you won't regret it (especially Mike Villa...he's awesome)!
    ~C & B

Sent on 09/21/2011

Reed · Married on 07/16/2011

We chose Hoffman Photography to do our engagement and wedding photography and we are absolutely thrilled with the results. Hoffman showed the clearest attention to detail and made the whole picture taking experience fun and easy for the two of us and all of our family and friends. From the engagement shoot to the bridal shoot to the full day wedding ceremony and reception coverage, we couldn't be happier with results. Even our wedding guests are requesting prints of the pictures Hoffman Photography captured of them. (10 out of 10 Stars)

Megan · Married on 07/16/2011

Working with Hoffman during the engagement shoot and on my wedding day was wonderful. Before the engagement photo shoot I was a bit nervous, but Hoffman worked with our ideas and photos came out beautiful. I was even able to make a photo collage from the engagement shoot and include it in our wedding invitations. I was also able to decorate the reception with the photos, which really tied in the whole theme. I received so many compliments from them.

Since the engagement shoot, three guests have requested his name and number to have them take their family portraits. Hoffman is also really great about getting the photos to the individuals quickly and during the wedding preparations every email and phone call was returned that very same day.

As far as the wedding is concerned, Hoffman was completely flexible with pictures that I wanted. He traveled to three different locations: where I got ready, the chapel, and the reception. He captured my day in every stage of getting ready and was able to capture very intimate moment of the bridesmaids, my father, and me. I was completely amazed at all the details he captured of the chapel decorations and flowers, my husband’s expressions and my expressions during the ceremony, and all over our guests. (I hardly noticed any decorations or people’s faces because I was so focused on my husband, so it was nice to have them captured on film to look back on.)

The pictures themselves are so special because they communicate through Hoffman's photography the precious day I experienced. I can see and identify how each picture, portrait, or shot says how special, significant, and monumentus that day was to my husband and me. I had no idea that the photos would hold so much detail that displayed the most important decision I made in my life and basically tell a beautiful story.

One of my favorite parts of Hoffman's photography was his attentiveness to detail and the whole ability to capture the theme of the wedding. I have wonderful pictures of the different decorations that will look great in a photo book.

The last thing that Hoffman captured that I am so very thankful for is the faces of my guest interacting and having a wonderful time. Some of my guests have requested the pictures of themselves at the wedding because they look so beautiful. :-)

Sent on 09/01/2011

Danielle · Married on 07/01/2011

Hoffman was referred to us by a friend for our July wedding. We found him to be extremely professional, friendly, and creative. He worked with us on discovering what we wanted to capture on our wedding day. He truly went the extra mile with us as clients. We felt very comfortable with Hoffman and his staff in providing us with amazing photos. We would recommend his services for any big event. Amazing photographer, indeed! ~Danielle & Edward Alvarez

Sent on 09/17/2011

Anne · Married on 06/18/2011

Steve is the best! From the moment I interviewed him for our wedding, I knew my wedding pictures (and rehearsal pictures) were in good hands!

Throughout the planning process, Steve was extremely responsive and helpful with any questions that we had. He even went out of his way to recommend what turned out to be amazing vendors when we asked him for advice. The day of the wedding he arrived on time, captured all of the pictures on our shot list (and more!), and was great working with all the different members of our wedding party and families. We received so many compliments from our guests and wedding party the day of the wedding about how wonderful Steve was.

We received all of our proofs shortly after our wedding and they were absolutely stunning.They turned out even better than we could have imagined. Steve captured all of the special moments of our day and more, making it difficult to narrow it down to the picture limit for our album (which I consider a good thing!).

The next time that I'm in need of professional photography services I won't hesitate to call Steve, nor would I hesitate to recommend him to friends and family!

Maria · Married on 06/04/2011

If you are deciding between photographers, GO WITH HOFFMANN! There really is no question in my mind that he does excellent work. Also, if you are from an Asian family like me, Hoffmann works plenty with our peeps so he is very culturally aware. =)

I have used his services twice now. The first time was for our family reunion, and everybody was so so soooo happy with his photos. He doesn't just show up on time, he shows up way earlier to scope out the location and to make sure he knows where to get the best shots. When my family of 35 members arrived, he was able to organize and direct us. He also gave us a lot of flexibility to come up with our own poses and let us have fun with the pictures! My family isn't the easiest to work with, either. haha

I also used Hoffmann for my wedding on June 4th, 2011, and he and his crew did an unbelievable job. His pictures turned out AMAZING!!! He will ask you exactly what you want and then get a detailed time line of your wedding day (which the crew followed to a T!!!) I recommend that you introduce your family members and close friends (or whoever is important to you) to Hoffmann before the event and that way he knows which people to capture in his photos. What's great about his crew is that they divide and conquer, so you can have several things going on at the same time and they won't miss a shot. For example, they got pictures of me getting ready the same time that my husband was getting ready, and we were at completely different locations. It really saved us time and made things so much easier to organize because we could overlap. We had a pretty big wedding party (24 people) so you can imagine how many pictures were taken for the group and individual shots between the ceremony and reception. In fact, the crew pretty much skipped their lunch in order to get all the pictures in, and didn't even complain once. We didn't even notice they hadn't eaten until way after we had finished eating. It was obvious that they had made our wedding their #1 priority.

Oh, and for Asian weddings, it's very common to have pictures with each guest taken at the beginning of the reception, which he did an awesome job with! All of these pictures were developed and in photo frames by the time the guests left at the end of the night for them to take home. This makes a great thank you card, too!

Overall, we were very happy with Hoffmann and would definitely recommend his services. I still get very emotional looking at my wedding pictures because each moment was captured so nicely. Cheers!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Gloria · Married on 05/07/2011

Hoffmann is a top-notch photographer and knows exactly how to adapt to his clients' personalities. We were referred to him by my maid of honor, who did a couple of family photo sessions with him and absolutely loved him. He did our engagement as well as our wedding photos. During our engagement session, I was a bit nervous because neither my husband nor I had ever had taken professional photos before, but Hoffmann made us feel extremely comfortable from the very beginning and we ended up having so much fun! When we got our engagement photos back, we were amazed at how natural and beautiful our pictures were - we received compliments from everyone we shared the photos with! Between the engagement session and our wedding day, Hoffmann made sure to keep in touch with me to stay up to date on our schedule, etc. He showed up right on time on the day of, and although everything was extremely hectic, he adapted very quickly and made things work. We were pressed for time the entire day, but he made sure to get all of the shots we wanted in while keeping our pushy wedding coordinators at bay. Additionally, our wedding happened to be on the ONE cloudy Saturday in Orange County, which I was worried about. HOWEVER, we've just gotten our wedding photographs back and they look absolutely beautiful - I don't even notice the lack of sunlight :) I couldn't imagine having anyone else photographing our most important day.

Sent on 05/25/2011

Kristina · Married on 02/05/2011

We got married on February 5th, 2011. Hoffman was the most impressive photographer I have ever worked with. Many of my friends that were there were from the Bay area and all were blown away by his "coolness, ease, and flexibility" with the entire day. It was seamless- he never was made a big deal of anything, and because of this, caught some very priceless shots, when we didn't even know he was snapping photos. He's a gem. If you are lucky enough that he is available on your wedding day- snatch him up- and pay him well. He's worth every single penny!!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2011

Lesley · Married on 12/17/2010

What a professional! Hoffman did my niece's wedding and she was 8 months pregnant and the groom didn't speak English! How about that for a challenge!
    Hoff was fantastic; we didn't even know he was there. That is how it should be -- he caught the bride and groom's love which was the most important thing of the day.
    I would not hesitate to recommend him!

Katie · Married on 10/23/2010

Hoff was amazing. We got the pictures back in less than a month and he did a wonderful job capturing the "feel" of the day. I can't stop looking at my pictures.

Sent on 11/17/2010

Caroline · Married on 09/18/2010

Hoffmann did an incredible job photographing our 30-guest wedding! He was very responsive and answered all of my questions almost immediately. He and his 2nd photographer (Mike Villa) managed to capture so much of our event almost without our realizing they were there. I was concerned about having two photographers at such a small event - I didn't want to feel like I was being stalked by paparazzi, but Hoffmann and Mike did such a great job and made us feel at ease the entire time. The photos are beautiful and very natural! Hoffmann is a true professional and has an artistic (but not "artsy") style. We will definitely use Hoffmann to document future family events and portraits.

Sent on 10/17/2010

Alyssa · Married on 08/07/2010

We picked Hoffman because of his incredible experience and fantastic personality. My husband is a little camera shy but once we met Hoffman the shots were endless. We were so comfortable around him that I was literally happy to see him on the wedding day. He showed up early, stayed late and even helped with some of my crazy bridal requests after the wedding once the photos were in. There were so many unexpected things that Hoffman caught that my whole family has been in tears while seeing his work of our wedding. I didn't have to have a huge "list" of shots we wanted prepared for him like many magazines suggest because Hoffman is such a professional that I didn't need to worry about it! With out a doubt I have already started to recommend him to all of the engaged girls I meet!

Sent on 03/23/2011