Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel Reviews

141 | Sugar Grove, OH

141 Reviews for Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel

Lisa · Married on 08/12/2013

What an awesome experience! The only thing I would have changed was not having a video of our ceremony for our family and friends back home!

Sent on 02/02/2014

Carisa · Married on 07/27/2013

My wedding was absolutely PERFECT and I have Karen and the staff at Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel to thank for that. The planning aspect was so easy. I just picked a wedding package and she took care of the rest.The day of the wedding everything went smoothly, I did not have to think or worry about anything!

Deborah · Married on 07/14/2013

The best venue and service that you could ever ask for!

Heather · Married on 06/29/2013

Karen and her staff were amazing! We loved how easy it was to plan our special day, being that we live over 3 hours away. Karen explained how everything would move along and she is so knowledgeable, and that helped with the little details. The chapel and cabins are very clean, and they do not use well water - they have fresh spring water. That was a major concern of mine because I didnt want to smell eggy or feel slimy on the wedding day. The food was excellent! Everyone had a great time and loved the venue!! My husband and I will definitely go back! We wish we could do it over again because everything was perfect!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Andrea · Married on 05/18/2013

Very personable, flexible and caring.

Sent on 01/19/2014

We had our wedding there and everything was just perfect and beautiful.I mean from the first time I contacted
    them to the first meeting ,Karen and the staff there were helpful,professional and always there for any questions or concerns.They took care of everything. All of our guest still keep telling me how beautiful our wedding was. I keep telling everybody I know and meet about it how great a place it is to get married.

Sent on 01/20/2014

Brandy · Married on 03/30/2013

Beautiful location, or day was wonderful. We could but have asked for a better day on such short notice.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Beautiful cabin and wedding ceremony

Sent on 01/19/2014

Everything turned out wonderful for our wedding day!!

Julie · Married on 09/15/2012

Karen and her staff were amazing! I had lots of questions, and Karen patiently answered each. The facility is beautiful and is perfect for both the ceremony and the reception.

Special shout out to Stacey and Greta! They attended to our every need and had a total handle on ALL the details.

If you are looking for a beautiful wedding in Hocking Hills, you MUST go here.

Be careful on your DJ selection. Definitely take Karen's suggestions for a DJ.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Randi · Married on 08/04/2012

Our wedding was beauitful! If there was anything we wanted or need all we had to do is ask. Everyone was very professional and easy to get along with. They are very quick to get back to you on any questions or concerns you may have. The value and flexiablity is awesome. We had everything included in our package such as our ceremony, cake, flowers, pictures,food, and you even get a honeymoon cabin for two nights. It was nice not to have to call around and search for these vendors. We are planning to go back sometime this year for a weekend visit at the cabins!

Jennifer · Married on 05/29/2012

I can't say enough about Karen Thompson and Valley View Cabins. They handled everything and it was better than I expected. It was so easy and perfect. We still go back at least once a year.

Anna · Married on 06/18/2011

Great people to work with. Made our wedding day go smoothly. Beautiful venue, all of our guests were very impressed with the beauty & nature of this venue.

Sent on 03/08/2015
  • O

Sarah · Married on 12/11/2009

We planned to be married here, but due to an last-minute, unforeseen circumstance with our finances, that was not possible. However, we are spending our belated honeymoon for four days in one of their cabins. The grounds are absolutely beautiful! Very secluded and private to create an initimate feel. The grounds are very well kept and are gorgeous for any wedding. They have many options that can be upgraded or even removed to adjust to your own budget. Karen, the owner, and Kallista were both very prompt and extremely helpful in answering any questions that I had. I really wish that we could have been married here instead of the courthouse, but I am looking forward to spending my four day weekend there and hope to make Valley View Cabins (the property on which HH Wedding Chapels resides) a romantic getaway for my husband and myself more than once!

Sent on 01/02/2010

Sabrina · Married on 10/18/2008

I'll always remember my special day and I couldn't have picked a more beautiful place:)

Sent on 01/17/2014

This was a great venue. We actually changed our venue after finding this place online. They provide most of the services so you don't have to communicate with multiple vendors and it was very easy!! All of our guests were amazed at the gorgeous scenery and the beauty of this venue in the woods.

Sent on 07/29/2015
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/21/2011

Beautiful very clean!

Sent on 06/07/2011
  • Angeline

Angeline M. · Getting married on 10/16/2021

wonderful experience

had our intimate ceremony and reception here. Had to move our wedding plans around due to covid and Karen and Stacie were absolutely wonderful. Grounds are gorgeous. Onsite lodging. Best of everything

Sent on 10/04/2020

Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel's reply:

Thank you for great review, Angeline! We are so happy you were pleased with your experience. We wish you the best! Congratulations!

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Weeks, months, a year before the wedding I had I no idea what to expect with getting married at the Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel, I just knew that it was beautiful! During my wedding day they took care of every need I had and made me feel like I was a queen. I highly recommend getting married here and I would do it all again if I could, with the same groom of course! :D

Sent on 10/08/2018

Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! We wish you both the best!

Kayla · Married on 06/17/2018

We will recommend Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel to all of our friends, and our guest have said the same thing! The grounds were beautiful and well taken care of, the staff was wonderful, patient, and professional. Jessie was phenomenal, especially for being so young, we could not have asked for a better person to help us organize our day. We were unable to stay in the cabin for the night due to our work schedules, but it provided a nice place to get ready and appeared clean.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive to make a positive experience for our brides and grooms! We wish you both the best!

Hannah · Married on 10/14/2017

We loved our wedding day at hocking hills wedding chapel. The staff was great and super helpful. We didn't have to worry about the details the staff took care of everything.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel's reply:

Thank you for your review! We wish you both the best!

Kristy · Married on 09/03/2016

Extremely satisfied with our wedding and reception . Everything was taken care of, I had no stress or worry. Everything was perfect. Thanks for helping make our day perfect.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to help make your special day memorable! We wish you both all the best!

The grounds were beautiful, food was great, well organized and clean.

Sent on 01/31/2014

The outdoor wedding site was absolutely beautiful! We stayed in the Morning Glory cabin for 3 nights. It was nicely decorated and very secluded. We had a fantastic time and hope to go back to visit soon. The only semi- negative thing was that some of our wedding pictures did not turn out as good as we would have liked. Otherwise , I highly recommend them for those who want to have a small wedding getaway!

Alexandra · Married on 09/22/2018

So happy with our decision to choose The Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel! The team was extremely helpful and responsive from start to finish and they thought of things that I didn't even think of to make our big day that much more special.

Sent on 10/11/2018