53 Reviews for H&K Weddings and Events

Full Planning (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Religious (1)
51 H&K Weddings and Events Reviews

Holly and Kacy were awesome! They helped us plan a wedding in DuBois from the other side of the country (New Mexico and Colorado). They gave us great recommendations on other vendors to use, and they helped us out with so many of the little details on the wedding day. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sally, 10/28/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Religious

Holly was an absolute delight throughout the entire wedding process. I had the pleasure of working with her for 2 years since my husband and I were living in separate states at the time. Not only did she help keep me on track but my wedding ran perfectly without me having to think about anything! If you are considering getting a wedding planner Holly is the only person you need!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Holly was a dream, and I can't imagine having a better, kinder, more competent person helping us plan our wedding. In the months of planning leading up to the wedding, she helped educate us and offered advice whenever we needed it, while also listening to us and truly getting to know our personal needs and style. She helped us with so many things, from broad outlining to helping us find vendors. My partner and I live in NY and were planning our Central PA wedding remotely, and Holly made this as easy as possible with Google Docs, video chats, and clear communication on all fronts.

The day of the wedding, Holly couldn't have been more calm, having every detail under control while gently deflecting our best attempts to do some of the work ourselves. Somehow, there wasn't one moment on our wedding day when my partner or I felt any planning stress, as Holly ran everything smoothly and almost invisibly. She was also wonderfully kind and thoughtful with our (sometimes insistent) family.

I can't say enough about H&K - they were amazing!

Profile Picture Orr, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly was amazing! We couldn't have pulled off our wedding day without her. From the beginning, Holly's professionalism was something I noticed right away. She asked us to fill out a survey so she could get to know me and my partner as a couple and understand the type of wedding experience we wanted to have.

Holly was there to answer many questions that came up — from thinking through what rentals we needed to the logistics of the day of timeline. She was incredibly responsive and thoughtful throughout it all. She even helped us think through our ceremony (we wrote it ourselves) by forwarding some examples and letting us know what phrases needed to be included to make it official.

On our wedding day, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Holly really let us sit back and enjoy the day. Everything that needed to be done got done. I don't know how, but it did! It seemed like magic to us, but really it was lots of hard work from Holly and her assistant. From arranging the place settings, to setting up the dessert table, along with making sure everyone received their corsages and cueing the musicians while coordinating with our caterers and corralling our roving family for dinner service and at the end of the night, doing the final walk through with our venue director — these were a mere handful of things Holly and her assistant did for us on our wedding day.

If you're on the fence about hiring a wedding coordinator — just do it. You will not regret it. If you're having a wedding in central PA, I highly recommend Holly and her staff. They are truly THE BEST.

Profile Picture Deanna, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly was amazing. We couldn't have had a better experience with her. She answered all emails, coordinated with all vendors, and executed our vision of the wedding perfectly.

Profile Picture Jenna, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My wedding day simply would not have been possible without H&K. I worked mainly with Holly, but Kacy also assisted with some vendor contact and TONS of coordination day-of. I planned a wedding out-of-state and was concerned that I would not know where to start looking for vendors, but Holly knew exactly which way to point me. She took the time to get to know me as a bride, and what my style and tastes were for our big day. Every list of possible vendors she sent me was filled with high quality professional who fit it well with the vibe of our wedding. She responded to emails and texts very quickly, and every minor snag that sent me reeling had an easy fix- Holly was always able to calm my nerves and find the solution quickly. Our wedding day was perfect and went by so smoothly. We were able to have fun and enjoy every moment with Holly and Kacy working tirelessly in the background to keep everything flowing. I would have been utterly lost without them and would high encourage any bride getting married in the Central PA area to seek out their expertise. Thank you, H&K, for making my dream wedding a success!!!

Profile Picture Meredith, 5/27/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I totally recommend hiring Holly for your wedding day. It is so much better knowing someone will be there to coordinate your big day. It gives you the option to focus only on you and your future spouse.

Holly was a tremendous help from beginning to end. She was always available to answer our questions and went above and beyond with everything that she did.

I know for a fact our picture perfect wedding wouldn't have been as perfect without her help.

Thank you.

Profile Picture Justin, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't know where to begin! We had the Orchid package & these ladies were worth every cent if not more! They went above & beyond our expectation to ensure our daughter's wedding day was the best it could be! We HIGHLY recommend them & will certainly tell all our friends!!??

Profile Picture Annette, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Words cannot describe the gratitude my husband and I have for the work H&K Weddings and Events put into making our wedding so special. Every step of the way, they were not only professional but personable. Given the "challenges" presented on our big day, the precision of their execution and willingness to settle conflicts was all the more appreciated. Our friends and families had nothing but praise for their work. For our part, seeing as we never left the dance floor or stopped smiling, it was the celebration we had dreamed for. Thank you H&K Weddings and Events for starting our life off together on the perfect note.

Profile Picture Abby, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We really appreciated (and needed) the help Holly and Kacy provided. Really the people to go to keep a wedding on budget but most importantly, fun!

Profile Picture isaac, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My best advice is to book these ladies! Holly is amazing. We thought we would just have a laid back wedding but there are so many things to consider and think of. Holly kept us on track with timelines (despite our quick 6 month window). She really helped us create the wedding we were hoping for and it was truly a wonderful day! If you don't think you need help in prior planning, Kacy and Holly's work the day prior and day of the wedding was 100% necessary! These ladies are absolutely wonderful!

Profile Picture Ryanne, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

In short, Holly and Kacy are AMAZING! I was very skeptical about hiring wedding coordinators, but I am SO glad I did. From my first conversation with Holly and Kacy, I knew I wanted to work with them. They really wanted to know about my story, and in doing so, made my husband and I feel so comfortable placing our special day in their hands. I hired Kacy and Holly under their sweet pea package for day/month of coordination. Yet, throughout the whole planning process they checked in with me and answered my many questions. As the day grew closer, I became more and more anxious, but after every conversation I had with Holly and Kacy, I felt so much more at ease. Their calm, kind, and organized personalities made the whole experience fun.

The week of my wedding it was forecasted to rain, so I had to change a lot of things around. Holly and Kacy were there to support me in my decisions and even make some for me when I got overwhelmed. The day before my wedding I had a mini breakdown, but they calmed my nerves and assured me everything would be amazing...and it was. I did not have to worry about ANYTHING on my wedding day. My wedding was at General Potter Farm with lots of different vendors, but Holly and Kacy had everyone working like a well oiled machine around the timeline they created. I definitely recommend hiring Holly and Kacy for your special day. They are the best!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

I knew when I got married that I wanted a wedding planner. I always thought it would be out of my reach and it was something only celebrities used and it wasn't even a possiblity. I was wrong, it was so affordable and in my opinion..a necessity. Holly and Kacy were indispensable. I can't make a decison ever, and I often have freak out moments. I had to text them numerous times and ask them to tell me, "It will be ok." They kept me on track by sending me updates for the month and a to-do list. I would have waited until the last minute without them. They recommended amazing vendors based on their experiences. I can tell you that I had total peace about my wedding and how it was going to turn out. Those wedding horror stories that some brides tell of were not even a concern to me. The day of the wedding I just had to focus on getting myself ready and marrying the man of my dreams. Holly and Kacey had the ceremony all set up and ready to go like it was magic. During the wedding, they kept it all running smoothly. I could enjoy the evening with my new husband and our families, with no stress. It was those last minute things they did that made all the difference. From the person who freaks out all the time, my wedding day was beautiful. It was relaxed and full of love and joy. We have had so many people tell us that our wedding was a blast and they didn't want to see it end. They also told us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. I credit them 100 percent with helping me turn my wedding day dreams into a real life dream of a day!

Profile Picture Paige, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly and Kacy were great to work with as mother of the bride I thought I was able to handle everything and found out I couldn't.We saw H&K at a wedding expo in State College and decided to hire them it was the best thing we did they were so helpful and a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to anyone looking for wedding planners.

Profile Picture Wendy, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

It’s been a week since my wedding and I still can’t believe how perfectly the entire day went! I know that it could have never been achieved without H&K Weddings and Events. I hired Holly and Kacy one year and 4 months ago and bought their Orchid (full service planning) package. This package is amazing value and definitely money worth spending! Holly and Kacy were as dedicated on day one as they were on wedding day. They are professionals who have great vendor connections, a lot of experience, and are always a pleasure to work with. They were prompt to answer emails and texts and were always prepared whether we were meeting face-to-face or having a Skype call. They were so attentive that it made me feel like I was their only bride. This level of attention and care gave me full confidence in Holly and Kacy’s abilities as wedding planners.

As a student living in Pittsburgh and planning a wedding in State College, PA, there were several times when I was just too busy to meet every deadline. During those times, Holly and Kacy were more than willing to step in. They assembled and mailed each of our wedding invitations, as well as managed the RSVPs. Holly went out of her way to find escort cards that matched my theme in order to save me time and ordered them within the week after I had chosen a design. They filled our hotel gift bags and even created a welcome letter for our guests. They were with us at every vendor meeting and knew the answers to all questions (many of which I didn’t know the answer to). Holly and Kacy even created a comprehensive timeline that made it so easy for our vendors, families, and wedding party to follow.

A number of our guests were surprised that my husband and I were so calm on our wedding day. Holly and Kacy not only planned every detail with us for over a year, but also they truly allowed us to peacefully enjoy our wedding day. We can’t imagine planning a wedding without them and highly recommend them to every engaged couple!

Profile Picture User5437998, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly was more than I could have asked for. We hit it off from the first email! She was on top of every little detail and things I had even a small concern about she assured me would be okay. Our special day wouldn't have went as smooth without her!

Profile Picture User6008247, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists

We found Holly and Kacy from a friend of ours who had recently gotten married in State College, PA. We wanted to make sure our guests could all enjoy the wedding day and not have to work or coordinate, and essentially it was going to be a destination wedding (even we were traveling for it) and we needed someone familiar with vendors in the area to give us insight. We live far away from all family, so basically we were planning this wedding ourselves. We bought the smallest package (Sweet Pea) so we got all the vendors and dealt with all of them mostly ourselves up until a month before. Holly and Kacy gave great advice along the way and kept us thinking about things we hadn't considered, like timing and a million other things! A month before, we met and hashed out tons of details we hadn't considered even after 1 year and 7 months of planning! A few days before, it was certain to rain on the day of the wedding (the ceremony was supposed to be outside) and I wasn't sure what to do; Holly gave me a few options and I chose an alternative, and then she called up the vendors to inform them of the change. The day of the rehearsal Kacy helped us set up and Holly helped organize the rehearsal. The day of the wedding while both our guests and we were getting pretty and having fun, Holly and Kacy were at the venue taking care of vendors and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The ceremony and reception were both perfect and spectacular; we heard only positive things, absolutely zero complaints and things ran smoothly from one to the next, even with a quick ceremony/cocktail hour scene change in the same space. Food and buses were coordinated wonderfully. My best friend/matron of honor is an event coordinator for a theater in the Chicago area and SHE said SHE wanted to write a 10 star review, she was so impressed. And my mother said they were so professional and talked so kindly with her, she thought they were so helpful and sweet. Thank you for a perfect day!

Profile Picture Jillian , 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring H&K Events as our wedding planners was the best decision we could have made! Our planning and the wedding day itself would not have run as smoothly as it did without them. Holly and Kacy were organized, reliable, and fun to work with. We signed on with them over a year before our June 2015 wedding, and they were on it from day one. They made me feel like I was their only bride (even though I knew that wasn't the case! :)).

Leading up to the wedding, Holly and Kacy were easy to get in touch with at all times. I loved that they responded to my emails or texts within 24 hours (usually much sooner than that!). Holly and I would have phone check-ins when needed and she would send monthly checklists to make sure that I was on track with my planning. They were always available to help me find a vendor or to review a possible vendor I had found. They kept track of all of my vendor contracts, making sure that I knew what was said in the fine print and that I didn't miss any payments. Planning the wedding with H&K by my side made me extremely relaxed and comfortable.

I thought that it couldn't get any better, but then the wedding day arrived. Holly and Kacy were amazing on the day-of. They kept everything running smoothly, made sure that everyone was where they should be at the right time, and took care of all of the details. As at many weddings, there were unplanned mixups that occurred that were out of our control, and Holly and Kacy made sure to handle them and remove as much stress as possible from me. I felt like I could release complete control to Holly and Kacy which allowed me to truly enjoy the wedding night.

One final note was that H&K Events is extremely affordable. For all of the services that they provided in the year leading up to my wedding, they could have charged much more, but did not. Holly and Kacy are kind, helpful, calm, supportive, and fun. You should 100% hire them for your wedding!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly and Kacy from H & K Events were beyond wonderful! They were the most professional ones to work with during our wedding and we never regretted hiring them for our special day. From day one, they understood our vision that we wanted for our wedding and gave us great advice the whole way through. I liked that they had several wedding packages that you could choose from to make it suite your needs and I feel like that really sets them apart from the rest. Everyone is different and they are able to accommodate anyone by offering this to their clients. You really feel special working with them. We are truly happy that we were able to work with these lovely ladies and make memories together that we will always think about.

Jennifer & Wes Scala

Profile Picture User5340634, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly and Kacy are the absolute best! They helped to make our wedding day better than we could have ever imagined. I would recommend H&K Weddings and Events to ANYONE! They are kind, attentive, experienced, and fun. I had no worries at all during our wedding because I knew how great these girls would be...and they were! Thank you so much for making our dreams come true!

Profile Picture Devin, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If I didn't have Holly & Kacy, as my coordinators I would have been a wreck! They are so compassionate, trustworthy, easy-going, informative, reassuring and most importantly HELPFUL! I had my wedding in Lancaster, PA and they are from State College, PA and not once have I ever heard them complain in regards to travel. They were always there for me when I had a question about the smallest thing and answered me promptly. They really came through near my wedding day and I asked them to find things for me that I just either didn't have time to do or couldn't find and they got it for me! I forgot plastic cups from mimosas on the wedding day and they brought them without a problem! They are very hardworking, Holly and Kacy were on the ball all day from making sure we were okay to setting up the reception area before the ceremony all the way past the reception all I saw was Holly or Kacy whizzing pass doing something and they were on top of any glitch or any problems that day and I didn't have to worry about a THING! They are overall great people, and I am am eternally grateful for helping me make my day so special cause I am being honest, I could not have done it without them.

Profile Picture Nina, 5/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly and Kacy are wedding planning rockstars! My husband and I were planning our State College, PA wedding while living in Colorado. Holly was our point of contact for during most of the early planning stages. She was always timely with responding to emails, providing detailed answers to our questions or, in cases where we needed clarification from other vendors with whom we were working, she took the lead and reached out those vendors regarding things like space measurements, decorating rules, etc. Holly was also very accommodating when we requested a phone conversation -- which usually took place later in the evenings for her due to the time differences. We happened to be in town one day over the summer, and she arranged her schedule so we could meet face-to-face which put us as ease. I'd certainly recommend them if you are planning from out-of-state.

Holly and Kacy helped out with everything during our wedding weekend from setting up chairs, to lighting candles for us pre-ceremony (better than burdening a family member), filling out some last minute seating cards (oops!) and tearing-down all the chairs after the ceremony (wow!). Our reception was so fun that we ran out of drinking glasses (even after planning for extra); they ran out to the store to pick up cups so that the festivities could continue. Finally, and maybe most importantly, Holly and Kacy will put you at ease while planning your wedding-- they are extremely knowledgeable in the field, have good relationships with local vendors, have a can-do attitude and will work to hep your wedding day vision come to life. Oh, and they are easy going, amazingly friendly folks on top of all that ;) We would 100% recommend H&K Weddings and Events to anyone planning a wedding central PA!

Profile Picture Allison, 12/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I hired Holly and Kacy to help with planning and managing our wedding. From the very beginning they were so helpful and on target with all of our questions. Our wedding was a very DIY wedding and they truly went above and beyond in terms of planning, managing, adding in special touches to our decor, and also in terms of set up and clean up of our venue. It felt to good to know that I could trust them and that they truly appreciated and supported our vision. They made us feel secure and special on the day of our wedding. Can't recommend them enough!! Thank you Holly and Kacy for being there for us and doing a lot of work for our wedding!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly and Kacy are AMAZING! I could not have imagined planning my wedding (especially the day before and day of the wedding) without them! They were so helpful from the beginning with their ideas and expertise, which was very helpful when you have a venue where you have to bring all your vendors in! I cannot recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/8/14, 4 Reviews