HJ Planners Reviews

102 | Washington, DC

102 Reviews for HJ Planners

• Yana

Yana · Married on 10/13/2012

I worked with Maria and Heather on my October wedding and they were consummate professionals through and through. Always super quick to respond to emails (sometimes even late at night ones), very solution-focused to any issues, and there for you even when you just need to get a stressful rant out. It was great having someone deal with the timeline and deliveries of flowers and food and cakes and my own personal decor, definitely takes some of the stress out not just on the day of but the week of. Maria and her assistant were there for me the day of and seeing them in action, you could tell they genuinely enjoyed doing this. From calming down a nervous bride beforehand to giving little tips right before throwing the bouquet/garter, to creating a solution to a cake that almost didn't arrive and then seriously getting into gear when an actual emergency happened at the wedding (to which the response from HJ was so efficient I assumed they'd dealt with such a unique situation before, turns out they hadn't!), I was very impressed from beginning to end and could appreciate the financial investment I'd made in their services. What really sealed the deal was they didn't drop off the face of the earth and move on to other brides/weddings once mine was over (because I've certainly seen other vendors do that) but kept on with a few after-wedding details (getting decor back, refunds back, generally communicating with both me and my family) which I wouldn't have expected them to do. So yes, I can definitely recommend them and thank them for being such great help!

Sent on 02/02/2013

HJ Planners's reply:

Thank you, Yana! You were a dream to work with. We miss you!

We enthusiastically recommend HJ Planners. Heather, Courtney, and Maria provided full wedding planning services for me and my husband as we finished our tours in Afghanistan, allowing us to marry within a few short weeks of our return to the U.S. They diligently worked with us across the many time zones, providing guidance and serving as trusted surrogates in dealings with vendors we simply could not have handled on our own. The team was also indispensable in helping us develop our décor ideas, to include their designer turning our escort card table idea into a reality. Needless to say our wedding celebration came off without a hitch and with many kind compliments. The women of HJ Planners are knowledgeable, detail-oriented, flexible, and fun to work with —everything you need in a wedding planner.

Sent on 10/16/2012

HJ Planners's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review!

My husband (then-fiance) and I have extremely busy work schedules. Without HJ Planners high degree of organization, consideration and flexibility to work with our schedules, and overwhelming attention to every detail, our wedding would not have been the most amazing event of our lives. Four months later, we still have people routinely telling us how wonderful all of our events were; from the rehearsal dinner, rehearsal dinner after-party, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception. We owe the memories we will keep for the rest of our lives to HJ Planners.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2012

I LOVE HJ Planners!!!!!! Heather WAS AMAZING!!!!! I felt like I could ask for anything and they made making decisons so easy. I always felt like I was in great hands. Sally made sure everything looked amazing on my special day. Heather and Maria made sure everything was taken care of on the day of my wedding. They even went so far drive to Nordstroms during my cocktail hour to get my Dad a new shirt when I Mom accidently spilled wine on him. :) HIRE HJ PLANNERS THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Sent on 08/29/2012

HJ Planners's reply:

Thanks, Jess! We loved working with you and your family!

The team at HJ Planners, headed by Heather Sala, provided full service wedding planning for us.

Heather assisted with EVERY (and I mean every) detail of the wedding. From recommending vendors (band, stationer, dress salon, makeup, photographer, florist, rentals, etc., etc.) to budgeting; from fielding late night calls to advising on etiquette; from creating detailed timelines to day-of oversight, Heather was a vital part of our team. It truly was the bride, the groom, the parents and Heather.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Megan · Married on 07/07/2012

The girls @ HJ are fantastic and I highly recommend this team to anyone planning an event in the immediate future.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Thank you, Megan!

Megan · Married on 07/07/2012

The team at HJ is professional, creative and extremely attentive. If a bride has a vision, they take that vision and enhance it tenfold while ensuring they pay exceptional attention to the bride's original plan. They work hard on a daily basis to make sure that the couple's big day is planned to a "T" and goes off without a hitch. We owe a great deal of our wedding day fun, excitement and energy to HJ planners! Thank you girls.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Thank you!

Maria did a wonderful job coordinating our wedding. We could not have planned this without her!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Stacey · Married on 06/23/2012

I was so happy that we used HJ Planners as our wedding day-of coordinator. While we only used them for the day-of services, Maria was essential throughout the end of the wedding planning process. She came into a wedding with little information and quickly got up to speed to help us develop a flawless wedding. She held video conference calls with my fiancé and me throughout the process, which helped get us both on the same page and for her to review the timeline with us.

Maria was especially important dealing with our vendors. We had a change in the point of contact for our wedding venue about a month from our wedding date. Maria handled the transition with ease and made sure that everything that was promised to us was delivered. She worked closely with all the vendors and reviewed their contracts to ensure that we met and received all contractual obligations.

Maria is incredibly detailed oriented. She thought of things that never even crossed my mind. We had two planners from HJ on the day of the wedding, which assured that the event went smoothly. Everyone had so much fun and I didn’t have to worry about any of the details – big or small – because I know that Maria and HJ planners were handling it all. Thank you for helping make our day so special to our guests and us!

Sent on 09/12/2012

HJ Planners's reply:

Thank you, Stacey! It was such a pleasure to assist with your special day.

Meg · Married on 04/07/2012

I work for a well known catering company in the area and met Maria Martinez + the HJ girls from working together. I knew that I would need a month of coordinator to pull off my 170 person outdoor wedding and I went right to HJ Planners. Maria took everything I had planned for this wedding and executed it perfectly! Her and Jess were so flexible about meeting times (with my crazy schedule) and knew when to step in when it came to various vendors so that I could just be involved in the more fun things! They were extremley responsive to any questions my parents or I had and made me feel that this wedding was just as important to them as it was to me! You can't go wrong with Maria or any of the HJ planners.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Thank you so much, Meg!

Gay · Married on 02/11/2012

At first, I had reservations about hiring a planner for my daughter's wedding. I was concerned about how much the wedding was going to cost, and wasn't sure a planner was essential. How wrong I was! HJ Planners did a fabulous job! They saved us enormous amounts of time by helping us narrow our venue search and finding terrific and affordable vendors for us (florist, printer, musician, DJ, photographer) that we never would have found on our own. Heather Sala and her team are a joy to work with. Now I realize that, no matter what venue and vendors you choose, and no matter how carefully you plan, unexpected things will happen. Heather and her team take it all in stride and are very effective advocates for their clients when the need arises. Your daughter's marriage is such an important milestone and such a joyous occasion. You want to get it right. Our daughter's wedding was perfect; our guests have raved and raved about it. It will be a wonderful memory for us for the rest of our lives. I'm convinced it would not have been the same without HJ Planners.

Sent on 02/14/2012

• W

William · Married on 02/11/2012

When we began planning our daughter's wedding, I was one of those who was skeptical about the need for a planner. I could not have been more wrong. We could not have done it without HJ Planners. Their budget advice was accurate and helpful. Their vendor advice and recommendations were invaluable. We never would have found the outstanding pianist/dj, the great florist or the wonderful invitation provider without them. Their quick and reassuring counsel on matters large and small was priceless. And, of course, their presence and guiding hand at the rehearsal and on the day of the wedding allowed us to fully enjoy the event. We knew everything was in good hands.

Sent on 02/15/2012

Kathryn · Married on 02/11/2012

HJ Planners was fantastic!! They managed every little bump and crisis so that we didn't need to worry about it. They directed us to extremely good vendors, and their day of planning was amazing. We were able to enjoy our day without worrying about a thing because we knew they were looking out for any detail out of place. We can't imagine going through this process without them!

Sent on 03/10/2012

HJ Planners's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved working with you!

Monica · Married on 11/19/2011

Heather and Maria from HJ Planners were absolutely fantastic. In the middle of our wedding planning, we suddenly moved to Switzerland and they took care of everything we needed abroad. They went above and beyond and made our day much less stressful and so much more enjoyable. Thank you again for such a great job ladies!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Thank you so much!

corinna · Married on 10/08/2011

If you are searching for a wedding coordinator--seriously, stop your search and call HJ Planners. I had no idea how important a wedding coordinator would be until I became immersed in the reality of wedding planning. HJ Planners is the real deal and my husband and I look back and are SO glad we decided to go with them. Heather and Maria are experienced and very professional--it's obvious from day one. I worked mostly with Maria and words cannot explain how helpful she was. She proactively kept me posted on everything, met with me to go over every detail, and was always a few steps ahead of the game. Every email and phone call of mine was answered in a very timely manner (and I'm high maintenance!) and she worked non-stop on my behalf. In fact, there were several times that I'd call her with new matters and she had already beat me to it and was prepared with answers. On the big day, they had oversight on everything--from the daytime church ceremony to the end of the night in downtown DC, they ensured everything went as planned. They helped me with the big stuff and the little stuff, even bustling my dress 5 times during the reception. I seriously had ZERO stress on my big day because I knew they had everything under control. I have them to thank for being able to exhale on my wedding day, relax, and have fun. They are very affordable and take great pride in their work. Take it from a recent bride who successfully had a classy and elegant DC wedding, this is money well spent. You will not regret it!

Sent on 11/23/2011

Thank you, Corinna!

Tianzhen · Married on 09/25/2011

HJ Planner listens to their customers' needs, their planner goes above and beyond to help us plan a surprisingly good wedding. Although we would not have another wedding, we would not hesitate to recommend this planner to anyone we know.

Sent on 11/18/2011

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2011

I used HJ planners for my September 2011, and am so thankful I did! I told Heather I was looking for "day of planning" at a responable price, and she did just that! By the time I realized I needed some help, I can most of the scheduling/planning finished. I just needed someone to do the work day of, and basically relieve the stress off my shoulders. Amanda did an amazing job! She was not only patient, but really took the time to make sure she knew exactly what I wanted. After meeting both Amanda and Heather, I knew I could trust them. They understand the modern bride, and are passionate about their jobs. I already recommended HJ Planners to my best friend, who will be using them next year. Thank you HJ Planners and ladies!! :)

Sent on 11/15/2011

Thank you so much!

glenda · Married on 07/16/2011

Sally handled the details of my Daughter Caroline's wedding wonderfully. I was so happy with her organization and willing to help with those final details. Sally with Amanda's help made Caroline and John's wedding a wonderful event.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Thank you!

Heather and her staff did a great job of taking care of the details of our wedding. We were able to simply enjoy everything instead of stressing out about what had to be done next

Sent on 09/11/2012

• O

Erin · Married on 06/12/2011

We were so glad to have found HJ Planners! From helping us find a venue to the last end of the night details, they were with us every step of the way. We didn't ever really stress because Maria had everything under control. She stayed in constant communication and was ready to go to bat for us if any issues came up. We were very lucky to have found such professional and knowledgeable people, who were able to put all of our ideas together and they ended up far exceeding our every hope or wish for our wedding day. Hire them! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Thank you so much!!

tiffany · Married on 05/29/2011

I can not begin to sum up all that these ladies can and will do for a couple!!!! Thank you Heather and your team for EVERYTHING!!!! We could not be more pleased with your service!

Sent on 11/18/2011

Thank you, Tiffany!

Rose · Married on 05/21/2011

Outstanding service in every way. Thank you Maria, I don't know what we would have done without you. We worked with Maria for about a year in the planning and implementation of the wedding/reception. The day of the wedding/reception both Maria and Sally were fabuous in orchestrating the event from start to finish. I did not have to worry about anything because they were on top of all of the details. I actually enjoyed the process from start to finish. The wedding was fabulous and everything was perfect. Great job ladies.

Sent on 06/03/2011

Anne · Married on 05/21/2011

We can't say enough about HJ Planners! HJ Planners were always attentive to our needs. What we particularly enjoyed was how Maria, our consultant, was constantly reminding us of important 'to do's'. There was never a moment we didn't feel like we were in good hands. From the moment we started working with Maria, we knew our reception would be fantastic, and it was! HJ Planner's services were priceless!

Sent on 06/26/2011

Thank you, Anne!!

Eileen · Married on 04/09/2011

As mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy the day of the wedding without worrying about all of the details that would otherwise have distracted me from visiting with our guests and having fun! The timeline that was provided was so helpful and also eliminated stress between my daughter and I :-) The vendors were great- all of the people that were recommended by HP Planners were professional and easy to work with. Sally and Heather were always on top of things and kept us on track since my daughter is in FL and I am in VA.

I am singing my praises of HJ Planners to all of my friends and recommend them for anyone who wants a worry-free wedding. Thanks!

Sent on 04/13/2011

Audrey · Married on 03/19/2011

I cannot say enough great things about the entire staff of HJ Planners! They were courteous, understanding, caring and - most-important - hard working! There was not a single question of mine or my fiance's which went unanswered; not a single issue overlooked; and not a single aspect of our wedding not crafted to our liking and tastes.

Often, I find it difficult to delegate tasks and be comfortable that they will be completed how I would like them to be. That was not a problem with HJ! Heather, Maria and all the other employees were entirely reliable.

The best thing, though, was that they were not shy in providing advice when asked.

I'm going to miss these ladies! We found a true gem of a wedding planning company and are happy to recommend them to any other bride and groom -- and, in fact, already have to several of our friends!

Sent on 03/26/2011

HJ Planners's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure to get to know you both and to assist with planning such a beautiful day!