Historical Society of Sarasota County Reviews

2 | Sarasota, FL

2 Reviews for Historical Society of Sarasota County

• Alyse

Alyse · Married on 06/25/2016

This is the cutest chapel ever! My husband and I had somewhat of a destination wedding since we are living in San Antonio, TX. He is from Sarasota but I wasn't so it was a half destination wedding. I had really wanted to get married in a church and this place was the perfect find. Linda was very friendly and accommodating. The church has the cutest red doors in the front, which is where we ended up taking most of our pictures. We loved this place and if we could do it all over we would still do it the same way. :)

Sent on 07/07/2016

Marie · Married on 11/22/2009

We were the first couple to book Crocker Memorial at it's current location as a HSOSC site, so there were a few kinks to work out. I would have loved for the floors to have been professionally cleaned and polished for our wedding, but we ended up doing the cleaning (and excess furniture removal) ourselves. The floors have since been refinished. The staff was in the midst of change at the time of our wedding. I believe the current staff to be much more responsive and eager to establish the site as a wedding venue. It is a beautiful site. The church is simple and dignified, and the grounds are lovely. With the Bidwell-Wood house (and it's large covered porch) next door, the site is perfect for a small, intimate wedding/reception.

Sent on 06/08/2010