Historic Walton House Reviews

41 | Homestead, FL

41 Reviews for Historic Walton House

Laura · Married on 01/17/2016

We had both our ceremony and reception at The Walton house and it was an absolute dream. We loved being able to do everything in one place and move around this beautiful property throughout the day for each part of the wedding. It is a unique location and the landscape and lighting make for a magical experience. We received so many compliments from our guests about what a beautiful location it was. The animals were a bonus, and our guests loved interacting with them during the cocktail hour (we had little bags of fish food for kids to feed the koi during the cocktail hour which was especially fun). Frank and his team were very easy to work with. They made sure every detail was perfect and they work hard to keep the area clean and ready for the big day. Our wedding day was so amazing and I am so happy that we chose this venue.

Sent on 02/06/2016
  • User6207724 · 2+ years ago

We couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else. The Walton House is the most magical venue we came across (and we saw quite a few!). Frank Blanco and his family are gracious and hospitable hosts. The bridal suite, grounds and the stables make for stunning backdrops! Everyone of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. It did rain during our ceremony but the converted stables made for a beautiful alternative venue. I can't recommend this place enough! It's a really special place!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Michael · Married on 09/26/2015

Quite simply, the Walton House was the perfect wedding venue. Frank Blanco was so helpful and flexible in making sure that we had exactly the wedding we wanted. His professionalism and flexibility was extremely important, especially in light of our 70-80% chance of rain forecast for our wedding. Thankfully, it didn't rain, but even if it did we know Frank would have been able to help us through that.

Our guests were stunned by the verdant beauty of the venue. It really is like a tropical jungle, with birds, monkeys, turtles, and more animals that our guests marveled at throughout the event. Some comments we received from our guests:

"This is the most unique wedding I've ever been to."
    "I can't believe how beautiful this place is. What a great venue."
    "I like the monkeys!"

We couldn't be more pleased with The Walton House and Frank Blanco. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a memorable and unique wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Mackenzie · Married on 08/08/2015

The Walton House was absolutely perfect. I was initially set on a beach wedding until I walked into this facility. It is well maintained, beautifully landscaped and the birds/monkeys add an amazing touch. Frank was very flexible with the timelines. There are several different sections in this venue making it possible for a cocktail area and a dinner area. This gave the guests a feeling of changing scenes without leaving the venue. Since the tropical flowers and colors were everywhere, I was able to save money on decorations; I simply did not need them. The lush background provided the theme in itself. It also made the pictures pop! My guests are still talking about it.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Marsha · Married on 04/11/2015

If you believe in love at first sight you'll understand the effect the Walton House had on us. My daughter wanted a rustic wedding so we lined up three venues in the Homestead/ Redlands area. When we came to the Walton House our search had ended. We were so enchanted by this magical tropical setting. It fulfilled every desire my daughter had. Every path we took ended in an enchanted fairytale- like enclave. There are ponds with fish and swans, water falls, all manner of exotic birds, including peacocks walking around and even monkeys. It's all a feast for the eyes!
    My daughter was married this Saturday and everything was more than perfect.
    She and I came early and stayed in the magnificent Victorian bridal suite to prepare. It was elegantly set up with snacks, Champaign, juice and the owner, Mrs. Blanco brought us Cuban coffee, and right before leaving for the ceremony a calming tea for the bride.
    Frank Blanco, son and co-owner was the nicest, most accommodating person to do business with. Any any every request was accommodated in the friendliest manner.
    To end I'd like to mention the reaction of our guests who came from all over the country and even Argentina. They were awed by this this lush, tropical fairytale venue :)!!
    We could not have picked a better place for my daughter wedding. She was so Happy!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Sara · Married on 04/11/2015

I had my wedding at The Walton House a little over a month ago. This was the best place we could have ever choosen for our wedding..we fell in love with it the minute we stepped on the property..we just felt at home, and Frank Blanco co-owner and Mrs.Blanco, him mom, had a lot to do with it..they are just so warm and welcoming..they just treat you like family.
    Frank couldnt have been easier to work with, anything we asked for, he would accomodatte us..my mom and me were even able to use the gorgeous bridal suite for a big part of the day before the wedding..where he had champagne ready for us..we even got cuban cortdaditos and relaxing tea for me :)
    i dont have enough words to thank Frank Blanco and his mom for such and amazing wedding and experience..
    The Walton House and everyone in there will forever be in our hearts..Thank you again..
    Sara :)

Sent on 05/16/2015

Gary · Married on 11/22/2014

We planned a destination wedding in Key Largo at a beautiful seaside property 15 months ahead of the wedding. With four months to go to the wedding, the property owner advised us the property had been sold. As bad as this sounds, it turned out to be the most serendipitous thing that could happen. As we scrambled to find alternatives on short notice, my daughter discovered The Walton House in the Redland, near Homestead, Florida. The location was near enough to the hotel we were using for our guests (the Harbor Bay Marriott Resort in Key Largo) so no changes were needed for that arrangement. We visited and were immediately enchanted with not only this spectacular venue, but with the owners, Frank and Magali. They were very understanding of our predicament and received us warmly. After a tour of their amazing property we booked immediately.

A huge plus was their easy accommodation of our requests and we were able to use the caterer and DJ we had already lined up. One of the greatest features of The Walton House is the ability to have a multiple number of options for where to have the ceremony and reception. The weather leading up to the wedding day had been rainy, so during rehearsal the night before we decided to move the ceremony to the main entrance from the lawn. On the day of the wedding, with the forecast still questionable, we moved the ceremony to the stable. This kind of versatility at The Walton House has a very calming and confidence inspiring effect. Further, the grounds offer unique paths through lush tropical grounds that take you and your guests to new discoveries, like the tiki hut and deck overlooking a delightful pond complete with beautiful swans.

Most of our guests were from northern US, Canada and England. All of them were absolutely raving about this venue and the wedding. It was nothing short of magical. If you are planning a destination wedding, we can’t think of a better place.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2014

I had my wedding reception here in May and it was absolutely perfect. Everyone was so accommodating, going above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly how I wanted it. All my guests raved about how beautiful the property was and could not believe a place like this existed. The Walton House is definitely a one of a kind venue, I could not have asked for a more picture perfect or fairy-tale evening. My husband and I could not picture ourselves getting married any place else, we HIGHLY recommend this venue!!

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • User4209426 · 2+ years ago

The location of this property was so breath taking like a fairy tale. The ceremony was beautifully done, exactly the way my husband and I wanted. The service and the reception was on point. Words could not describe how beautiful and elegant everything was. My wedding photos came out like something from a magazine with all the gorgeous gardens and landscaping. Very flexible to what my wedding party and I needed the day of the wedding. All my guest were blown away by how exotic the place was. Definitely a night no one nor I will ever forget.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Maite · Married on 12/07/2013

As a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding in December and again for my sisters wedding in May I can say that the Walton House is consistently a wonderful venue. I was so impressed with the way every single request was met and the wedding party never had to worry. The venue is so beautiful that I felt like I was part of a destination wedding. I highly recommend trusting the Walton House with your wedding or any other event or photo shoot. When the people you love the most are happy on the most important days of their lives it means so much. The Walton House will forever hold so many fond memories of mine.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Maite · Married on 01/16/2016

The Walton House is a magical place for a wedding. The lush, tropical garden is something out of a fairytale. Magaly and Frank are very hospitable and flexible to your individual needs. Our wedding in January of 2016, was the best day of our lives. We had 175 guests and the venue accommodated them with ease. We started out with the ceremony by the big tree near the house, had the reception in the chiki/pond area, dinner set on tables outside of the stable and finally, the dancing inside the stable (this is not just any stable. It's gorgeous and has AC!). Our guests marveled at the beauty and uniqueness of this property. There are so many options depending on the size of your party and the vision of your wedding that you really can't go wrong by choosing the Walton House. What we liked most is that it's a family run and operated business. It is a venue with real soul, not just another Miami Beach hotel with indifferent staff and outrageous prices. Frank, the primary contact, is a great guy. He's friendly, happy to give recommendations on how to plan the flow of the wedding and also has great ideas on caterers and music options. We give the Walton House a fantastic rating because the overall experience was excellent! This property is a must see if you want to have a wedding or party in a one of a kind, natural setting.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Keely · Married on 04/14/2018

The most magical venue in South Florida

Wow, I do not have enough great things to say about this venue. It is the most magical/fairytale-like venue and it was felt by every guest at the wedding. Frank is extremely accommodating and let's you use the property how you see fit for your style and dream wedding! His entire staff is a pleasure to work with and make you feel like you're home. Being born and raised in Miami, most of our guests were from the area and could not believe this magical space existed. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a wedding that their guests will never forget!

Sent on 03/06/2019

Historic Walton House's reply:

Hi Keely! Thank you for your extremely kind words. We were honored to have both of you celebrate your big day with us. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. Thanks again!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Ham · Married on 03/06/2020

One of a kind venue

When me and my mom went looking at venues for my wedding, we just couldn't stop comparing all the other venues to The Historic Walton House. It wasn't just its whimsical charm that got us, but the owner was so genuine and accommodating.
    At the end of our tour, he was so willing to help with vendors that he even said, "Even if you dont choose us as your venue, I'll give you my preferred vendor list and I hope it turns out just the way you want it." That gesture alone won us over. We cant thank Frank enough for accommodating us. We cant wait for our wedding!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Jocelyn · Married on 11/16/2018

Absolutely love this place

The Historic Walton House was the first venue we went to see when venue shopping and we instantly fell in love with this magical place.

We then went on to see 11 more places and ended up coming back to the Walton house and booking our dream venue. We loved this place so much we were willing to splurge a little more for it.

Frank and his mom are great and very accommodating.

Every single guest loved this place as much as we did =)

Sent on 01/11/2019

Rajan · Married on 12/07/2013

Words cannot describe my extreme gratitude for the Walton House and their staff for making my daughters wedding one of the most amazing day of her life! From day one the staff was courteous, helpful, fun and always made us feel welcome and at home. They accommodated our last minute guest with out any problems. We have absolutely no regrets at all and would HIGHLY recommend the Walton House over any other venue in S. Miami.
    A big thank you to Mrs. M. Blanco and all employees of the Walton House for making my daughter's wedding a day to remember. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Thank you and to all brides looking for venues pick the Bridges!!!

Sent on 07/02/2014

N. · Married on 10/20/2018

1.8
      3.0
      3.0
      1.0

My fiancee' and I reserved a date for our wedding at The Walton House, but had to cancel shortly after for specific reasons. We don't live in Miami, so we decided to fly down to speak to Frank personally regarding our decision. He mentioned he would return a portion of our deposit since we were cancelling way in advance and that "no other venue or company does this". (which is false.). Since then, he has refused to do so and has completely ignored all calls and emails. He was very helpful during the beginning to show off his property and quick to reply via email when collecting money - but, when the role is reversed, he disappears. We put down a lot of money, and as a business owner, it's sad that he has decided to simply pocket it instead of return it as he mentioned - knowing he has done nothing, aside form showing us the venue and providing a pamphlet with preferred vendors. We've been extremely nice, even when ignored- but, we've had enough and leaving this review is to express our frustration.

Unfortunately, this exact situation has occurred to another mutual couple and after several emails and calls ignored, they have decided to stop trying.

Sent on 07/24/2018