Historic Tours of America Group Sales Reviews

18 | Key West, FL

18 Reviews for Historic Tours of America Group Sales

We rented the conch train to transport our guests and everyone loved it! Our driver was energetic and played great music, and he took us on a scenic tour down Duval and encouraged everyone to waive and talk to bystanders. We had a great time! The administrative office was also great to work with.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Old Town Trolley Tours was fabulous to work with! Very responsive and helpful. Our driver the day of the wedding was great, too. All of our guests loved being shuttled around on the trolley.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Christine · Married on 06/05/2015

Our guests stayed at the Casa Marina and our wedding was at Fort Zachary Taylor. We had the Historic Tour Train pick up our guests at the Casa Marina and drop them at the Point Beach at Fort Zachary Taylor. We had the Historic Tour Trolley pick up our guests after the reception at the Beach Cafe at Fort Zachary Taylor at the end of the night. Just as the first trolley arrived the rain started. Historic Tours gave our guests free rain ponchos. We are very very pleased with the professionalism of the staff and the high level of customer service. We very highly recommend Historic Train Tours.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Karen · Married on 04/27/2013

The Conch Train was so much fun! We took everyone to the ceremony then back to the reception in true Conch style. Our conductor, Eric, was great - very friendly, fun and knew his stuff. On the return trip we were a few minutes early boarding and our planner told Eric to make sure we get to the reception at 7:45p - no sooner, no later. So he took the meandering route through town and hit a few highlights which helped some of our guests plan their next day. Tammy in the office was great to work with and made the entire process easy. We recommend them to anyone needing group transportation in Key West.

Sent on 05/10/2013
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/20/2013

The conch tour train was the best part of our wedding!! Train Conductor Tommy was amazing!!!!! All of guests had fun touring the island. great transportation

Sent on 04/26/2013

Arriving to and from church in the trolley was such a fun add on for our wedding not only for pictures but just for the memories, spacious even for my poofy dress and all the bridal party and parents all fit. which helps when the location of the reception was limited on parking. this was a great key westy touch that made our day extra special

Sent on 04/02/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2012

Key West Historic Tours provided a trolley service on the day of our wedding. They were prompt picking our guests up from our hotel and even took them on a small tour of the island.

Sent on 11/24/2012
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 08/07/2012

Our transportation from our wedding at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park to our reception at 915 Duval was provided by Historic Tours. We took the Old Town Trolley and it was absolutely perfect. They were so accomodating and quick to respond to all of our questions while trying to arrange transportation for us and our guests. We rented the trolley for an hour and it took our guests in two groups to the reception site. The trolley arrived right on time for both sets of guests and provided the perfect transportation for everyone to be able to ride through Key West and up Duval Street on our way to the reception. This ended up being the perfect addition to our day. I would highly recommend Historic Tours to any bride looking for transportation in Key West for their guests. They have several other modes of transportation as well which looked great inluding a conch train.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Christina · Married on 03/03/2012

We booked a conch train trolley the day of our wedding to transport our guests between the Hemingway house and the Roof Top Cafe. It's only about a mile away but we wanted to make things a little easier on our guests and also thought this would be a fun thing to do for the wedding. We went with an hour rental which was one of the many options Historic Tours of America offers but which seemed to be the best deal for our needs. Because we were only going down the street we worked out with the company to do a scenic route around the island. It was a beautiful drive. We went past one of the beaches and past the southernmost point among other things. The driver was also sure to ask if anyone wanted to make any other special stops before we went to the restaurant. I ended up forgetting my camera at the hotel which was right across the street from the Hemingway house so he went back so I could get it which I thought was really nice of the driver. Also, it worked out well because after that we went more or less directly from the Hemingway house to the Roof Top Cafe which reoriented us and all of our guests. I'm glad we booked the trolley for the wedding. The driver was very nice. Also Tammy, who I booked through in the sales department was also very nice, professional, communicated very well, and was very prompt responding to emails. Overall, things went really smoothly.

Sent on 03/15/2012

amy · Married on 10/13/2011

We used the conch train to get our guests from the port to the beach for our ceremony then to our reception. It couldn't have been better. Super great people. Nice and attentive. Very reasonable price.

Sent on 12/05/2011

We booked a trolley for the Friday night before our wedding to take our guest from the welcome dinner to a bar on Duval St. The driver was prompt, friendly, informative, and accommodating in every way. The open-air trolley was the perfect way for our guests to get a feel for the town. It was a creative and fun way to get all of our guests to one place at the same time and we’re so happy we went with Historic Trolley.

Sent on 04/25/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2008

Because this was a destination wedding and many guests did not have cars, we had to figure out how to transport 32 people from the hotel to the church and then to the reception site. We decided to book a Conch Tour Train which turned out to be a great decision! It was on time and in between the ceremony and reception, the train took all of our guests on an abbreviated tour of Key West (about 45 mins) while my husband and I went to the beach with the photographer for pictures at sunset. It then dropped all of the guests off at our reception site (the Audubon House) on time. Because some people were only in Key West for a few days, the tour provided them with a little more information and history about the unique setting that we chose to get married in!

Would definitely recommend this service for transporting wedding parties (trolleys are also available to rent) and Jean was great to work with!

Sent on 10/21/2008

Abbey · Married on 08/17/2012

We needed a way to bring 20 guests from our rented guesthouse in Old Town Key West to Fort Zack beach and back.... Old Town Trolley was perfect! Tammy and her team were great with coordinating times and returning our phone calls/emails quickly! They are also very accomodating with last minute changes. Not only did we need to change the number of guests, but also the venue the day before! No hassle at all!
    This was a great experience!

Sent on 08/24/2012

christine · Married on 06/18/2011

We used a Conch Train to transport out of town guests to the Rehearsal Event, and again to transport guests to and from the wedding itself, which was held at St. Mary's Star of the Sea Catholic Church. Though the trolley is cheaper and probably more comfortable, the Conch Train is more Key West. Our driver was funny, gave a brief tour, and even took a short detour on the route to show everyone the Southernmost Point and the Mile Marker 0 Sign. By far the best way to transport people around town.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Phyllis · Married on 10/11/2012

3.0

We chartered a trolley for our wedding on 10/11/12. We paid the 2-way fee per person. The trolley picked us up at Pier House and was right on time. I hate that I don't remember our driver's name... but he was great! Our 9 guests loaded the trolley to Smathers Beach for our ceremony. The trolley waited about 30 minutes for our ceremony and a few family pictures... then took our guests a mile or 2 up the road to La Trattoria Oceanside. I gave this vendor a lower rating for value because we ended up paying a lot per mile when you look at the the short distance the trolley took everyone after the ceremony.

As far as booking the trolley, Tammy (in their office) made it very easy. Tammy was SUPER nice. She helped me out tremendously by sending me a few sets of brochures that I used in our guests Welcome Packets. She was always quick to respond, even as they were preparing for a tropical storm. Highly recommend working with Tammy!

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 11/05/2016

3.0

Overall the charm of having the key west trolley transport or guests to and from the wedding was wonderful. Setting up, scheduling, and payment was easy as pie and the drivers are so friendly and kind. Unfortunately we had a huge mistake on our wedding day. Despite confirming the pickup locations multiple times with the scheduler, our trolley driver missed a whole stop with some important guests (including mother of the groom). Imagine their anxiety as the time for the trolley to pick them up comes and goes with no sign of them and no one to contact to figure out what's going on. Luckily one of our guests on the first stop mentioned that something didn't seem right when they arrived to the ceremony location. It was then the driver realized there was a second stop. They felt terrible and went to get the remaining guests. To me as the bride, the worst part was the trolley arrived to the site earlier than planned due to the missed stop, so everyone on the trolley saw me as we were still having pictures taken. Not really something you'd like to happen. At the end of the day everything was fine and we really loved having the trolley take everyone after the reception which worked out fantastic.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Danielle · Married on 12/02/2017

2.0
      3.0

It was great working with Tammy for our Dec 2nd, 2017 wedding. She actually went out to drive our route to provide us with specific times to print on our invites back in August. We even had a change with guests staying at a different hotel 2 days before the wedding and she accommodated that as well. The morning of the wedding, Skipper did call me to confirm the route and stops. Our first stop was the Saint hotel at 4:40. However, the train arrived 10 minutes early, did not wait until 4:40 and left without 12 guests. The second stop the train then was also early and missed 2 guests. The train then had to go back to Saint after the last stop to pick-up the guests that were not picked up initially due to leaving early and this caused the wedding to start 20 minutes late. It was great having the train since most guests did not have a car but it would have been 5 stars if the train would have stayed at each stop until the scheduled time. It was a bit pricey.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2016

2.0
      1.0

When I first booked this vendor I was very happy with the lady Tammy that I was working with. She was very helpful in trying to organize the trolley and conch train for the transportation for my guests. Once the wedding was approaching I tried several times to get into contact with her and even left messages and was unable to get in contact with her. I ended up making the schedules for the trolleys with another person in the office which was okay. Overall the trolley and trains were on time and able to get the guests to the locations as requested. The biggest disappointment for me with the experience was that the Conch Train driver for our train that we rented was not friendly nor accommodating at all. He was literally yelling at my guests and me (the bride) when we tried to take pictures with the train after the ceremony. He was very rude and I am unsure as to why they would send an unfriendly and bitter man to drive guests of a wedding around. This definitely did not leave me with a good feeling about my experience with the company.

Sent on 03/31/2016