Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley Reviews

89 | Lees Summit, MO

89 Reviews for Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley

Richshaunda · Married on 03/24/2012

I absolutely loved my wedding day and couldn't have made a better selection. Thank you so much Cindy and Brian for making our day rememorable and beautiful. I would recommend this venue to every and any one.
    Thanks a million,
    Meguial & Richshaunda

Sent on 03/26/2012

Paula · event on: 12/03/2011

From the beautiful front door there is a feeling of elegance and class. The location is excellent and the availability of parking is outstanding. The interior is extremely flexible and attractive. Working with CIndy and Bryan was wonderful. Everything we requested was taken care of with grace and respect. What a wonderful experience for everyone that attended our luncheon. Thank you for your assistance.

Sent on 12/05/2011

Brenda · Married on 09/11/2011

Warm ambiance; tasteful decor; spacious venue, yet maintains an intimate feel--just a few descriptions of the beautiful "Stanley Historic Event Space." Chosing the Stanley was definitely the perfect choice for my mother's 80th birthday party. So many guests commented on the quality and beauty of the Stanley. Jennifer was top notch to work with and helped make the day a truly memorable event!

Sent on 09/23/2011

Rebecca · Married on 01/15/2017

My organization recently held our volunteer appreciation dinner at The Aspen Room at The Stanley, and oh, my! We received compliment after compliment on how gorgeous everything was, from tables and chairs to centerpieces and lighting, everything was lovely. Cindy was absolutely wonderful to work with. She made my job as event coordinator easy, communictaed clearly in a timely manner, and had everything ready to go for us when we came to set up. The staff was incredibly helpful and cheerful. Everyone was accomodating, and again, the space itself was beautiful. Our volunteers were wowed! We would definitley love to book with The Stanley again. Excellent experience all around.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2014

The staff at the Stanley was friendly, responsive, and extremely helpful at all points throughout our wedding planning and the big day itself. They delivered an exceptional experience. We would highly recommend them for anyone looking to host an event!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2013

The Stanley Historic Event Space was the PERFECT venue for our wedding and reception. We barely had to decorate since it's so beautifully built. The tin, ornate ceilings, brick walls, and wood floors sold me. On the day of the wedding, the staff was awesome about setting up decor for extra tables just like we had them arranged downstairs. They were also great about being right there when I needed them, whether it was because we forgot a pen for the guestbook (and they had one on hand) or to hunt down the ring bearer, they did whatever needed to be done in order for us to start on time.
    The only minor negative point was during the planning stages, prior to the wedding date, the closer it go to the wedding, the less responsive my contact was. I had to ask multiple times for our final questions to be answered about 3 weeks before the wedding, which caused a little bit of stress. Ultimately, though, I had everything I needed, the day was perfect and I would recommend this venue to anyone needing a venue.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Pam · Married on 10/13/2013

My daughter recently used the Aspen room for her reception and it was beautiful. Cindy and staff work hard to meet your needs and provide an excellent experience.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Amy · Married on 10/06/2012

I recently got married at The Stanley Historic Event Space on 10/6/12 and I could not have asked for a better venue. The owner Cindy was very helpful every step of the way. Since I had a smaller wedding budget, The Stanley was perfect because it included beautiful chiavari chairs, glass rounds for centerpieces, tablecloths in a variety of colors, uplighting, etc. Cindy was there to help decorate and keep the wedding day running smoothly. I would definitely recommend The Stanley to any future bride!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Audrey · Married on 06/23/2012

The Stanley Event Space is a beauitful place to have any part of your wedding!

Sent on 08/06/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2012

Cindy and Brian were so nice and helped to make our day special. We became so comfortable with them that we felt like they were a part of our family. The only down fault is that we had to rehearse the Saturday before the wedding at 8am because The Stanley is so busy and that was the only time they could make available to us. Otherwise, we are very appreciative of you and truly thank you all for helping to make our day memorable.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate it very much. We enjoyed being a part of such an imprtant day in you and Nate's life. However, we are sorry you were inconvienced by Friday and Saturday events prior to your Sunday Wedding. I know a lot of your wedding party was out of town so the Thursday rehearsal that was offered to you wouldn't work very well. Saturday morning seemed to be the best option for you. Many blessings to you both! Cindy K

Megan · Married on 06/18/2011

The Stanley hosted our reception. It looked gorgeous (love the ceiling and chandelier) & Cindy is great to work with.

Sent on 07/04/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Thank you Megan. We were very happy to be a part of your wedding reception. Thank you for taking the time to put in this review. Their was miscommunication about the bar leading up to your reception. I hope the e-mail and invoice I sent you following your reception clears up any questions. Many blessings to you and Dan.

Samantha · Married on 09/05/2015

4.2
      3.0

Because of the beauty of the historic space I wanted to have my wedding here from the moment I walked in. Working with Caitlin was very easy as she was very informative and flexible with our requests. The whole entire year anytime I had a question it did not go answered. The space was totally perfect for our crowd and we got endless compliments. I was worried about the space and having 120 people but it really was comfortable. The staff worked very hard helping us arrange things beforehand and even letting us come in early to set up. Our only disappointment was being charged for table linens in the middle of our reception. It would have been much more acceptable to bring this to our attention after our reception or more towards the end. It really brought down my whole mood and even caused us to end our reception early because we were so upset. We still feel terrible for the situation but when it's all said and done and the last thing on my mind was blowing out candles on our dinner tables. We mention this so it doesnt happen to anyone else on their special night. Regardless of the mishap it was a minor issue on such a big day and we had an absolutely perfect wedding and reception. I was having the time of my life and having our wedding here contributed to that. I would recommend others looking at this space because it is stunning.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Kimberlee · Married on 11/15/2013

3.4
      2.5

Overall the venue is aesthetically pleasing. Attention to detail is important and there were a few minor things, but they were corrected before the reception.

One big issue was the bar bill. I was explicit in my instruction to not serve top shelf liquor - unbeknownst to me our guests were given all options for booze. Which resulted in us paying more in top shelf prices. Also, we had negotiated a deal on beer - that seemed to confuse the bartender as we were charged for it, my husband had to argue about it on the back end with the staff because the owners weren't around at the end of the night to explain the situation or if the bartender had been told he failed to retain it. Also, the staff asked for a tip at the end of the night, which almost sent me over the edge. They had a tip chair out all night and my guests were tipping as it was an open bar, to ask for more on top is rather bold and greedy.

Price wise the venue is okay, the staff are nice and professional, and the service is average. I certainly didn't feel special though as a customer. I'm glad I was overly organized and paid attention to everything - otherwise who knows what would have happened. I would recommend this venue to those who know what they are doing and have party planning experience. It is a pretty venue in a great location.

Sent on 02/04/2014

2.0

I am really torn as to how I should describe my experience with this venue. My wedding day was like a dream come true, but the process of getting there was kind of miserable. My family seriously considered relocating the wedding because we were having such difficulty working with the vendor in a pleasant manner; if the wedding hadn't been so close we would have. We dealt with unfulfilled promises and continuous changes in the plan and emotions were high in the beginning. But Bryan King stepped in and worked with us to make things happen. All our communications with him were very positive, and he worked hard to give my family the day we had dreamed of while being realistic and honest in his communications. He worked hard make sure that everything would run smoothly and be exactly the way I wanted it. There is no denying that The Aspen Room is the most beautiful venue in the area, and I was thrilled with the space itself. On the day of the wedding, the venue staff were around but not super involved from my perspective, which was great with my family. They did make one decision regarding a change in the schedule without consulting us, which was frustrating to me, but by that point I just wanted to roll with whatever happened and enjoy my special day. Other than that my wedding day truly was perfect, and the Aspen Room staff were a part of that. At the end of the day everything had gone smoothly, my photos were gorgeous, the guests showered the venue with compliments, the dance floor was packed, and ultimately I was married to the man of my dreams. It was truly the best day of my life and I thank the Aspen Room staff for all they did the day of the event to make that true.

Sent on 12/11/2013