88 Reviews for Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley

Premium Liquor (1)
House Liquor (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
81 Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley Reviews

We haven't had our event yet, but so far every step of the way Cindy King has answered every little question I have had so far. I can not wait for our night to happen.

Profile Picture User7210394, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Indoor, Barware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables

My organization recently held our volunteer appreciation dinner at The Aspen Room at The Stanley, and oh, my! We received compliment after compliment on how gorgeous everything was, from tables and chairs to centerpieces and lighting, everything was lovely. Cindy was absolutely wonderful to work with. She made my job as event coordinator easy, communictaed clearly in a timely manner, and had everything ready to go for us when we came to set up. The staff was incredibly helpful and cheerful. Everyone was accomodating, and again, the space itself was beautiful. Our volunteers were wowed! We would definitley love to book with The Stanley again. Excellent experience all around.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 1/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Indoor, Barware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables

The staff at The Stanley are truly remarkable. They care about your event from the moment you meet them. Every vendor spoke highly of Cindy and her staff. Throughout the whole wedding planning process Cindy was always a phone call or email away. She was very responsive and professional. The Stanley staff made our wedding day run so smoothly it felt like I didn't have to do anything! They coordinate with all your vendors on the day of and go out of their way to make your day perfect. The venue is absolutely beautiful and my husband and I were so happy we chose The Stanley for our big day.

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Stanley is the most amazing place to get married at. Whether you choose the Historic Space or the Aspen Room, you will be the happiest couple in the world on your wedding day. The people who work at the Stanley are so kind and truly care about their couples. I had an issue with my wedding dress (long story) but Cindy personally called the dress shop and got the alterations people to come and take care of me. Not every venue owner would do that for their brides. I will happily recommend The Stanley anytime someone asks me for venue suggestions! Thank you Stanley staff for the best day of my life!!!

Profile Picture Daryl, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Cindy, Tyler, and the staff at The Stanley are absolutely fantastic! My husband and I married in October 2016 and had our reception in the Aspen Room. We honestly could not have been more satisfied with the service we received! Cindy and Tyler went above and beyond to help us through all parts of the planning process. Tyler showed us the space initially during an impromptu visit- we just happened to pop in while he was around. We were more than impressed with the beauty of the Stanley and came back for a formal meeting with Cindy.... and we were hooked! Cindy was overly accommodating. She helped me through multiple phases of the planning process, to include recommending other vendors and letting me change my mind no less than three times on table linens and centerpieces :) She was upfront and honest, genuine, and pleasant. Throughout the planning process, my husband and I discovered that Cindy and The Stanley are well known in the local wedding community. They have an outstanding reputation throughout. Every time we contacted a potential vendor and told them where we had booked our reception, they raved about how great Cindy and her team are to work with! Cindy took all of the heavy lifting off of me, and made me feel completely at ease. She told me who to call for what (in terms of vendors), and went so far as to create a detailed table layout so that I would have something to refer to when setting up table centerpieces and other decor. On Wedding Day, we received stellar service. Everything was setup as promised, and The Stanley staff went out of their way to make sure that our day was absolutely perfect. At the end of the night, the staff went above and beyond to help my parents pack up all of our decorations and make sure that nothing was left behind. I could go on and on trying to articulate how satisfied we were with the Stanley, but nothing I could say would ever quite to do it justice. Cindy, Tyler, and the Stanley are simply fantastic!

Profile Picture Shauna, 10/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You will never go wrong when choosing The Stanley. They make you day beyond your wildest dreams!

Profile Picture Cori, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Venue was beautiful and wonderful! Thank you for making my day great! The price was awesome and the owners Cindy and her husband are so sweet, helpful and easy to work with. The only thing that disappointed me was the cake was supposed to be cut and served to the family and the bridal party as we had cupcakes for everyone else... Cindy or someone there at the Venue was supposed to cut and serve it as it states in our contract however it was never cut and served and I didn't notice until the next day! We were left with our entire cake and no one got to try it.

Profile Picture valerie, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Loved the staff and the venue at the Stanley Historic Event Space. They went above and beyond to make our weeding day one to remember. From answering our questions to handpicking decorations, they made the planning process a breeze. Would definitely suggest you book your wedding here if you want a beautiful and organized wedding!

Profile Picture Bria, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
4.3

Because of the beauty of the historic space I wanted to have my wedding here from the moment I walked in. Working with Caitlin was very easy as she was very informative and flexible with our requests. The whole entire year anytime I had a question it did not go answered. The space was totally perfect for our crowd and we got endless compliments. I was worried about the space and having 120 people but it really was comfortable. The staff worked very hard helping us arrange things beforehand and even letting us come in early to set up. Our only disappointment was being charged for table linens in the middle of our reception. It would have been much more acceptable to bring this to our attention after our reception or more towards the end. It really brought down my whole mood and even caused us to end our reception early because we were so upset. We still feel terrible for the situation but when it's all said and done and the last thing on my mind was blowing out candles on our dinner tables. We mention this so it doesnt happen to anyone else on their special night. Regardless of the mishap it was a minor issue on such a big day and we had an absolutely perfect wedding and reception. I was having the time of my life and having our wedding here contributed to that. I would recommend others looking at this space because it is stunning.

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We wouldn't have changed a thing! We were married here 8-15-15. From the minute we walked through the door for our first meeting, we knew this would be the place we said I do and held our reception. From the grooms suite to the rooftop ceremony to the gorgeous ballroom- this venue is unbelievable. Cindy and all the staff at both locations were so amazing and easy to work with. They are wonderful to communicate with and always got back to me in a timely manner. We received so many compliments on our venue and how beautiful everything was. We couldn't imagine having our day anywhere else!

We not only held our wedding at The Aspen Room location but held our Rehearsal dinner at The Historic Space next door, which is also so beautiful and warm. Caitlin was so easy to work with and had everything ready to go a couple days before. You really do not need alot of decorations for either space due to how beautiful they are on their own.

Thank you all so much from our first meeting to picking up our decor a couple days after our wedding. You all made our day so amazing and we wouldn't have changed a thing! THANK YOU

Always, Dennis and Brielle Bonner

Profile Picture BRIELLE, 8/15/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. Not only is it beautiful but the staff is amazing. It is like having a wedding planner included. Cindy is extremely knowledgable and just knows how to make her venue work to your advantage.

I would highly recommend the Stanley for your wedding!

Profile Picture User5054741, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I were married on January 1st, 2015 and a large part of what made the day so perfect was The Historic Stanley. We had so many guests come up to us and gush over the design of the building, the reasonable cash bar, and the intimacy of the setting. On our end, we could not say enough about the commitment, organizational ability, and genuine pleasantness of the Stanley representative who coordinated our wedding, Caitlin. Seriously, she is positively amazing! The Historic Stanley was the perfect venue for our personalities, as it was conveniently located (we live in Lee's Summit and the venue is adjacent to where we got engaged), the staff was friendly and inviting (Caitlin, Adam, and a finely mustachioed bartender), and the classic decor provided a timeless setting.

Profile Picture Jayson & Amy, 1/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh my lord where do I even begin! Our wedding at the Stanley was nothing short of amazing. We had multiple meetings with Cindy the owner and I always felt at ease when I left there. The day/evening of our wedding was beautiful! Cindy does a great job making sure that all of the vendors and people bringing things in and out for the wedding day are on schedule. The facility is clean and welcoming and the decor even in the bathrooms is fabulous! No details go unnoticed. We cannot say enough great things about the Stanley!

Profile Picture Holly, 12/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cindy King and the crew at the Aspen Room did a fantastic job with our November 14th wedding. The space itself is beyond beautiful and has so many special touches to make it even more perfect (i.e. a prep kitchen, bridal suite, groom's suite, rooftop space). Cindy and Caitlin were more than happy to answer all of my questions and put me at ease throughout the entire process. The service day-of was more than I ever could have expected (they even guided us through a hydrangea mishap) and I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. Thank you, the Stanley Event Space! You all are amazing!

Profile Picture Joanna, 11/14/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough good things about the Aspen Room. Cindy and her staff (Adam - the bar manager, as well as the other bartender were great the entire night) are truly amazing to work with and made sure our wedding and reception went smoothly from start to finish. The space is gorgeous. Our guests are still talking about the amazing venue a month later. You will not be disappointed if you go with the Aspen Room.

Profile Picture User4414163, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The whole team was very organized and always available for questions. Cindy is amazing to work with! She makes you feel confident in the decisions you make and is very helpful! The Aspen Room is so beautiful and is the perfect size. I would highly recommend this venue for your reception as well as the historic space for your rehearsal dinner!

Profile Picture User4379522, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff at the Stanley was friendly, responsive, and extremely helpful at all points throughout our wedding planning and the big day itself. They delivered an exceptional experience. We would highly recommend them for anyone looking to host an event!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not express enough gratitude to Cindy, Brian, and the entire staff at the Stanley. From beginning to end they were absolutely amazing to work with. Cindy helped me pick out decor for the guest tables, as well as general set up and referring excellent vendors. Not only is the staff outstanding with customer service, the venue is so beautiful and classic. My only advice is to act quick and book a free consultation to see what they have to offer because this place is popular and books up fast! The best decision we made through our entire wedding planning process was booking the aspen room. I didn't stress at all knowing that the professional and caring staff was there to help us take care of any bumps along the road. Do your self a favor and book with them

Profile Picture Katherine, 7/5/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was professional, empathetic, caring, energetic and eagar to make my day as stress free and special as possible. The event space was beautiful, clean and everything went so smoothly. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an elegant venue with the bonus of having everything done in one place. Well worth every penny.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Stanley Event Space and the staff was just amazing! Cindy went out of her way to work with us from the start. We had a difficult time trying to find a venue to hold our very small ceremony and reception at of only 22 guests. Cindy found a way to make it work at a price we couldn't find anywhere else, especially for such an elegant venue. But it didn't stop there! My Photographer (who was also providing the centerpiece arrangements for my 3 tables) was an hour and a half late pushing everything behind and making me a very unhappy bride to say the least. After Cindy saw how distressed I was she went out of her way once again and offered to extend a little extra time as we had only requested 6 hours time for our wedding and reception and nearly a 1/3 of that time had passed waiting. The Stanley staff continued to provide nothing less than exceptional service throughout the entire evening. Thank you so much for all you did to make our day the very best possible!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have absolutely nothing to say about the Aspen Room at the Stanley but praise! The owners are an incredibly kind married couple who genuinely care about making your wedding day all that you want it to be. From start to finish, Cindy offered us guidance on all things wedding and recommended great vendors for us. I felt as though I had a personal wedding planner as she was incredibly quick to respond to my emails and was always thinking one step ahead of me. She worked very well with both of our mothers during the wedding planning and took very detailed notes in all of our meetings to ensure she didn't forget a thing! This venue was created especially for weddings and they did not miss a thing! The pictures speak for themselves! It is well worth the price as they will not disappoint you and will be sure to ease the stress of planning a wedding.

Profile Picture Annie, 5/4/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was absolutely perfect. The owners were so easy to work with, the venue is absolutely gorgeous, the bartenders were wonderful, the rooftop ceremony was perfect. I have nothing bad to say about our wedding night or even the wedding planning process - it was an absolute dream come true from start to finish. A WONDERFUL venue.

Profile Picture Kenzie, 5/3/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Stanley Event Space was a beautiful place for the wedding, dinner and reception. Cindy King and her staff were very helpful and made our day special. Our guests loved the space and location in the quaint downtown area of Lee's Summit. Would highly recommend this lovely venue!

Profile Picture Susan, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our day seemed like a dream it went so perfectly! Cindy made sure our every request was met and was done so beautifully. She kept up all my emails, and her suggestions were sufficient! The day of our wedding, I was so worry free and relaxed due to not having to set up or do anything I actually found myself helping decorate (because I was ready early as waiting on my 'maids to arrive), even though I didn't have to! Everything was so elegant, and so perfect. We are so happy we picked The Stanley Historic Space!!

Profile Picture Janessa, 12/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cindy and her team help make our wedding the perfect day. We were helped all along the way for planning for our day and Cindy made sure that we didn't leave out any details. She was also able to accommodate all of the request that we had such as bringing in a barista to serve coffee and for being able to flip over the room in a timely manor since we were the first couple to host our ceremony and reception in the aspen room. They set up all of our decor and lit all of our candles so that we wouldn't have to stress or work on setting up the room when it came to our wedding day. We are so pleased with the whole day and would recommend anyone and everyone to host their event there. It is such a unique and different location with so much character and we just loved it!

Profile Picture User3504248, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews