Historic Rockland Reviews

14 | Leesburg, VA

14 Reviews for Historic Rockland

14 Historic Rockland Reviews
  • User6455619 · Recently married

I am currently planning my 2018 wedding at the rockland and so far have had a tremendous experience with the owners and am looking forward to continue to work with them in planning my perfect day!

Ran · Married on 09/17/2017

Historic Rockland is amazing. The grounds are stunning yet understated. Many areas and corner for the different parts of the wedding and for guests to explore. The owner, Libby, is caring, on top of things, and very accommodating. She went out of her to way to ensure that we had the wedding of our dreams. Highly recommend!

Emily · Married on 06/10/2017

I would recommend Historic Rockland to anyone getting married in the DMV area. Libby, the owner, was responsive throughout the whole process and she recommended great vendors to work with. Not to mention, the property itself is absolutely gorgeous! There are sprawling fields, beautiful flowers, a historic home, and plenty of flat space to pitch a reception tent. And there are beautiful old trees throughout the area that give great shade during the summer months. An added bonus is that you can rent out two houses on the venue for your family or bridal parties to stay in. We rented the houses for Friday and Saturday night and had a bride and groom house. It was a lot of fun and staying in the venue houses made the wedding day stress free since I could just sit back and relax that morning. I hope you love historic rockland as much as we did!

Shennah · Married on 06/03/2017

We had our June 3rd wedding at Historic Rockland and couldn't have been happier with how it turned out! It is such a beautiful, scenic property and served as an amazing backdrop for our wedding photos. Libby, the owner, is a lovely person and was very responsive to any and all questions we had throughout our planning process. We had multiple guests comment, both throughout the reception and after the fact, how beautiful of a location it was and how much they enjoyed being there. Would highly recommend!

• I

Irma · Married on 10/01/2016

Meet the vendor owner, Libby Devlin and her husband Nick. Meeting them in person, discussing with them what they offer and the type of wedding you envision and also touring the venue site is the very best way to appreciate their depth of experience and their very personal approach which ensured every detail met (and exceeded) our expectations. (The same advice would apply to reviewing any venue.) We did this and soon discovered Historic Rockland met all of our requirements and did so in a truly exceptional manner. (As a mother-of-the bride and unofficial wedding planner, I can't imagine a more perfect wedding venue for our daughter and her husband. It was truly perfect!)

Colleen · Married on 11/12/2015

Rockland was an extremely special place to be married. The grounds are gorgeous (beautiful gardens, rock outcropping, historic house, and farm). There are plenty of picturesque opportunities for photos. It was very easy to work with the owners. The venue was perfect and guests still comment on how much fun they had and how beautiful Rockland was. I fully recommend this location for your next wedding. -Colleen

Our son was married here October 12. Weather was lovely. Gardens still looked great. We loved the setting at such an historic home!

Rockland is one of the most beautiful and historic houses in Virginia. The beautiful Flemish bond brick house with multiple columned porches and the beautiful paths and gardens provided the perfect setting for my afternoon reception. We were able to have multiple options for set up for caterer and photographs. Everyone had such a fabulous time and it is easy to see in our photographs... this is an amazing property, a Lee home with all the History, Beauty, and Permanence that, that entails. Most beautiful venue ever. Great attention to every detail for the perfect wedding.

Jamie · Married on 09/08/2012

My wife and I were married at Rockland Farm. I can't express how happy we were with every aspect of our weeding. The grounds are absolutely magnificent and the family that owns the venue went to great lengths to provide us with everything we needed to make our special day perfect. The flower gardens, the huge shade trees, the manicured lawn, everything you could hope for in a venue was right there for us and our guests to enjoy. I went back home a few weeks ago to visit my family for the holidays and people were still talking about how beautiful our wedding was and how much they enjoyed themselves.

Jeanette · event on: 06/03/2015

This is a beautiful, Historic Estate on the Potomic River that we have had the pleasure to visit twice - once for a 50th Birthday "Murder Mystery" Dinner Party, and once for a wedding. Both Events were lovely, and the venue is outstanding! The gardens were in bloom when we were there, and cocktails were served poolside. There are lovely, large porches and the Estate has retained its historic character and charm. We were delighted with our visit on both occasions! You DEFINITELY should consider Historic Rockland Farm for your next Event! Jeanette Coulter

I had a vision for my wedding day and I took my time visiting many vendors though once I walked Historic Rockland, I knew I wasted my time with all the others. The gardens and house were simply breathtaking, I wanted to book this venue instantly. Not only was the venue perfect, Libby and Nick were so incredibly friendly and patient as they took their time to share with us all the options available on site.

Historic Rockland has numerous gardens and the land is one of a kind. It has views that one can hardly find so close to DC. We planned the timeline of events utilizing all the special nooks in the garden.

With the special day just a week away, the weather turned on us and with this, all the planning had to change. Libby was so very patient with us, attending all the meeting and helping us come up with a second plan.

On the day of the wedding, even though I thought I wanted what I originally planned, the whole day turned out more magical then I could of ever of dreamed of. Libby and Nick were so very accommodating. All the guests were blown away with how friendly and relaxing the venue felt. My husband and I knew we didn't want to be married in a hotel, we wanted an outdoor wedding that felt inviting and comfortable for all our friends and family.

I'm not one to write reviews though I wanted Libby and Nick to know how grateful we are for all their help and how special Historic Rockland is. We are so grateful for all they have done and my husband and I look forward to returning as they have cottages to stay in and we really feel in the end of this whole experience that Libby and Nick have become true friends of ours.

Thank you so very much, you made our wedding day simply perfect!!!

Love to both,
    Kristin and Metin

Erick · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our ceremony in the pines at Rockland, and it was absolutely beautiful. Nick and Libby were very accomodating and helped make everything perfect. The space they set up among the trees was exactly what we wanted for our enchanted forest.

• Augusta

Augusta · Married on 09/03/2017

Historic Rockland is a gorgeous family home with unbelievably beautiful grounds, and Nick and Libby are absolutely great. We knew that we wanted a wedding with an enchanted forest theme, and Nick led us out to a gorgeous pine grove at the edge of the property. We fell so in love with the setting that we ended up choosing it for our ceremony site. This was a great and really unique experience, and we were really encouraged to run with our vision.