Historic London Town and Gardens Reviews

Historic London Town and Gardens 5
Historic London Town and Gardens 6
Historic London Town and Gardens 7

Hunter · Married on 04/18/2015

I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone. The gardens were gorgeous for our late April wedding, though it's a little hard to predict. There were so many beautiful places to take pictures that our photographers had to prioritize. We also found Adriana and her staff to be extremely helpful. They made many good suggestions for our wedding and but were also surprisingly flexible. They are also constantly improving the site, including adding new flooring to the tent. On the day of the event, the on-site staff were very friendly and helpful. The reality is that many good wedding venues are expensive, but this one was definitely worth it. Our guests absolutely loved the location and wished they could have stayed longer. I will warn you that Anne Arundel County requires a day off liquor license, which was quite a hassle to get, but other than that we had no issues.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Marje · Married on 04/11/2015

We were engaged in Mid-May and wanted a wedding the following April. I wanted an outdoor reception, and Londontown was recommended by two friends when I realized the Paca Gardens in Annapolis were too small for our expected guest count. It was the first and only reception venue we looked at--we decided on our first visit as soon as we walked through the gardens and down by the pier that we wanted to book it. The grounds are beautiful--the garden is located next to the river, and while the trees were not as green in early April as they were last may, the sparseness of leaves meant we could see the water better from the garden.

We originally booked with Jean, and Adriana took over as sales manager a few weeks after. Adriana had wonderful recommendations, like having our first dance out on the deck in the garden, and she was there the day of the wedding making sure everything went smoothly. The weather the week leading up to our event was rainy and cool, and Adriana coordinated rentals for heaters (which we ended up not needing). She offered assurance that if it rained, we would be able to fit everything in the Pavilion for the reception. It turned out we had a warm, blue sky day and were able to have the cocktail hour in the garden and our first dance as planned.

Londontown was worth the price; chairs and tables were included, as was the main tent, and Adriana is very responsive to emails and worked to be flexible with us to meet the commitments Jean had made when we booked our reception. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from our wedding guests, and we're happy to have worked with Adriana and Londontown Gardens. I'd recommend the venue if you're looking for an outdoor reception!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Sent on 04/28/2015

Adriana · Married on 10/26/2013

Jean Shea was extremely helpful and ensured our event was a success. She was great to work with.She gave great recommendations and advice. I have already recommended others to her venue.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Molly · Married on 09/14/2013

Jean and Ariana were really fantastic to work with- very pleasant and professional. There were times that I as the bride was very stressed (as most brides can be right?! :) ), and they took it all in stride and made suggestions as necessary but didn't force opinions on me and my husband at all. The venue itself is right on the water and has beautiful gardens and a wide open space that we set up yard games for the guests. It was perfect. I also loved the fact that it would accomodate any weather that the day would've brought. Thank you for an amazingly perfect day!!

Sent on 12/07/2013

London Town was the first venue we visited and ended up being our pick- after seeing how beautiful it was, other venues just didn't compare! The backdrop was beautiful for our ceremony with the water and boats in the background and all of the trees and flowers in bloom in August. We loved that we had flexibility in picking various vendors so that we could make the day the way we wanted it. We had 150 guests and kept everything outside. We used the tent provided by London Town for dancing and rented a second tent for dinner. Jean was wonderful in helping to coordinate other vendors and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of. Expensive, yes, but it was worth every penny and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Laura · Married on 10/05/2012

I had a last minute wedding and they were able to accommodate me and give me a lower rate for a Friday! Gorgeous location. I only had my ceremony there.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Chelsea · Married on 09/01/2012

Londontown is BEAUTIFUL. It was perfect for my (92 degree) wedding. The breeze coming off the water lowered the temperature, and the scenery was beautiful. Jean Shea is ultra responsive, and is sooo helpful. She knows the answers to just about every question you have, and makes sure your day runs perfectly. There is a noise ordinance, so loud noises have to wrap up by like 9 or 10 but that wasn't a problem. I honestly wouldn't have had my wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 09/18/2012

London Town is a beautiful location for a wedding and we were really glad to be able to get married there. Thanks!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Amy · Married on 06/19/2010

London Town is a beautiful venue with plenty of great places to have pictures taken. The staff is friendly and very easy to work with. The venue is an open slate and can be decorated to match your theme. It was very nice to have our dancing in the indoor pavilion and allow family to talk quietly in the outdoor tent. The pavilion would also make a great indoor ceremony option if it rains.

Sent on 08/28/2010

Meaghan · Married on 06/11/2010

Londontown and Gardens is a beautiful place! I was very pleased with this location for my wedding. I found the staff to be helpful and professional to work with. There is a small room you can use to change on the day of and the bathrooms are nice! A++

Sent on 06/28/2010

John and Tori · Married on 04/23/2016

After seeing a good chunk of venues, we attended a wedding expo in London Town. After attending the expo, seeing the grounds, and meeting with London Town reps Adriana Gorman and Shelby McDaniel, we signed our contract. There was no "we'll get back to you". We were 100% sold....on everything. London Town is a historical garden, which means the area was well maintained. It is located on the water with beautiful views. Wedding and reception could be held at the same location. Budget-friendly. And, Shelby and Adriana were knowledgeable and cordial.

Adriana would later step-down at London Town to dedicate 100% of her time and efforts as a wedding coordinator (who we would use...and we highly recommend her!) so we worked strictly with Shelby as a our venue coordinator. Shelby's communication throughout was excellent and her behind-the-scenes involvement led to an awesome wedding day. Her and Adriana worked amazingly together during the planning process. It helped that they both worked together at London Town and established a rapport for so long. There isn't one thing I'd change with Shelby's involvement with our wedding. She was fantastic.

As for the rest of the venue, the flexibility was great. We were able to choose from a wide variety of caterers for our wedding. London Town requires all private events to be done by 10pm, so it's wise to add time on the beginning part of your wedding. There is no shortage of good picture opportunities at London Town. Make sure you work with a photographer who has experience working some weddings there. For reception, there is plenty of dance space for a party up to 150 people. Those who don't want to dance can venture outside or hang at the bar on the deck area. There's so much more to share, but I'm out of characters to type. Do yourself a favor and visit London Town and meet with Shelby. If you are looking for a venue on the water with a historic feel, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/14/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

Just know you have to have everything brought in (extra restrooms, vendors, lighting, etc.) but it was worth it!! We had the perfect day with perfect weather and Keara was simply amazing and the sweetest through the whole process.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Hi there Sarah,

Thank you so much for your review! Your wedding was so beautiful and I hope you and John are enjoying being married. I know that you added additional tenting for your larger guest count and some decorative lighting which definitely was beautiful! I hope to see you all soon.

Beth · Married on 09/30/2016

London Town & Gardens is an absolutely beautiful hidden gem of a venue in the Annapolis area. Even though it rained on our wedding day (and this is a mostly outdoor venue), it was still magical. Granted, I'm so thankful I had rented as much decor as I had to transform the inner pavilion space (the back up plan) into a romantic, low-lit environment, but even then we still had a view of the big tree and were able to get outside and take some fun rainy pictures on the docks. So many guests have commented that it was still the most beautiful venue they've been to, and the pricing is no more expensive than any other Annapolis location. Just realize when you're booking that the dinner and dancing are in two separate portions of the venue, so you're probably not having your first dance before dinner as is the usual. However, it worked out absolutely perfectly for us, and I wouldn't change a thing about the wedding (except maybe the rain!).

Sent on 10/24/2016

Christine · Married on 07/16/2016

Loved this venue and loved working with Shelby! She answered all of our questions, went over all of the details with us and took away my stress. Shelby made sure the grass was cut in the area we had our ceremony in and I was driven by golf cart to the top of the stairs to walk down the aisle by the staff. London Town is beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better location and experience!

Sent on 01/24/2017

stephanie · Married on 09/26/2015

3.5

Amazing venue, absolutely gorgeous! Couldn't find a better value for a wedding venue located on the water in Annapolis! Truly happy with our decision. Actually appreciated having a vendor list because it helped us easily narrow down our options. Adriana was very helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone loved our reception and thought it was naturally beautiful... so incredibly happy to have been able to celebrate at Londontown Gardens.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2009

Historic London Town was a phenomenal location for our wedding - we were able to have our ceremony in the gardens, dinner for 100 under the tent and dancing all night in the pavilion. Patsy, the events director, was incredibly helpful in answering all of my questions as we planned and was quick to respond - I would give her five stars in professionalism. However, the lady they have working evening events was awful. She was simply there to keep an eye on things as we had a day of coordinator (part of our package) but managed to be incredibly rude to several of my vendors and make demands. After speaking to some of my vendors it sounds like she's a regular fixture for evening events there - she shouldn't dissuade you from this great site but I wanted to warn others as I was totally unprepared.

We had an evening wedding allowing guests to see the grounds and us to get some photos before dark. By the time dusk hit we were sitting down to dinner - the tent had ample room for 100 guests and a large buffet and the built in lighting rimming the tent was more than enough to allow everyone to see easily while not being overbearing. The tent itself is draped in a chiffon like fabric, which really adds some elegance and kept a soft romantic feel. The indoor pavilion provided the dance floor and space for our dj to set up, again there was plenty of room for everyone. Our guests are still commenting on the beautiful venue and personally I couldn't have been happier with the space. The price can seem a bit steep at first but since we used it as both a ceremony and reception venue it seemed reasonable especially considering it included several of the items you would traditionally need to rent as well as contracting a day of coordinator.

Sent on 05/13/2009

Krista · Married on 09/25/2016

3.5

The venue was incredibly beautiful! Our photographer has now made it one of her top spots to take people for photos. There are so many places to say your vows and take pictures it can be hard to choose. Great indoor and outdoor options for all weather and can hold 130 very comfortably.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/04/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here and it was perfect! The only complaint I had was that you can't have dinner and dancing in the tent unless you purchase a dance floor. We would have done it but we were already spending a ton of money. It turned out beautifully though and the girls who work there were very helpful and had great ideas. The grounds are so beautiful and very versatile for picture taking...a lot of fun opportunities for wedding photos!

Sent on 10/29/2015

K · Married on 09/28/2012

We absolutely LOVED our wedding at Historic Londontown and Gardens!! This venue is unique, has gorgeous views of the water from many locations and can be set-up in so many different ways so you can really make it your own! Jean is awesome and very honest (which is nice to have when you are not sure what table sizes to order, where to put things, etc.) She will answer your many questions (best by email) and guide you along the way where you need help. Being so versatile, this venue offers many vendor options to choose from. We were able to purchase our own alcohol which saved us a ton in our budget, and we worked on many "DIY" projects for the set-up which turned out lovely. I cannot imagine having a better place to have our wedding, with trees and flowers all around, the water in the background and a wonderful glass pavillion and deck to entertain our guests. We love Londontown! It is also nice to know that we can visit during weekend open hours, have a picnic, listen to music, and remember our wedding day.

Sent on 09/19/2013
  • Reese

Rebecca · Married on 07/25/2015

3.5

London Town was the perfect venue for our wedding. There are so many great locations for pictures, and the backdrop is beautiful. The staff was very informative and were quick to remind me if I was falling behind on something, like scheduling the final walk through.

Sent on 09/18/2015

This venue is absolutely STUNNING!! We got married in June and the weather was perfect, event was outside on the lawn and reception in the tent. The staff onsite for the wedding day was so helpful and on top of every detail. Communication could have been better with the event coordinator, but I can't complain because I'm sure this time of year brings hectic busy hours. They just recently updated the paint inside, new furniture, and two new bathrooms (total of 2 per gender). I would highly recommend this venue, I would choose it again if I could :)

Sent on 06/26/2012

3.5

London Town was a gorgeous setting for our June wedding. We worked with them over the course of a year and a half leading up to the wedding, so a lot changed on both their end and our end since our initial talks. In the end, it all worked out even better than we had initially hoped! Their new event manager, Adriana, was a pleasure to work with and was on-site to ensure everything went smoothly.

The property is truly special. I loved the expansive gardens and the flexibility the property provides. We opted for a cocktail-style reception (opposed to a seated dinner), which allowed us to use the garden and tent space for 95% of the wedding (we only really used the Pavilion for food stations and cake cutting). Cocktail hour was in the garden, dinner was spread through out the gardens, tent, and pavilion deck, and dancing was under the tent (thank goodness for perfect weather!). However, because we chose not to follow the standard set-up (a seated dinner under the tent, dancing in the pavilion) I think we lost a bit of the "value" London Town provides. London Town offers a long list of amenities with the venue fee (tables, chairs, dance floor in the pavilion etc); our layout meant that we had to incur a few extra expenses (dance floor, hightop tables & chairs, etc). To take advantage of the full value (i.e. get your money's worth), it would pay to do a seated dinner in the tent and dancing in the pavilion. However, for me, the flexibility was perfect and let us have exactly the wedding we envisioned.

Sent on 07/02/2014

joan · Married on 09/11/2010

3.5

We had our reception at LT in September. The setting is breathtaking. We fell in love with the spot when we first saw it. The staff are very friendly. They actually quite flexible in term of the decoration. We hung small lanterns inside the tree. They start to spray the garden on the week of the wedding. That really made a big difference for the guests. The noise ordinance is a downside, but we still had a wonderful time there. If you are looking for a venue that can be personalize this is the place for it. Thank you Jean for being a part of our special day.

Sent on 09/30/2010

Adam · Married on 05/05/2018

4.2

We had our wedding at London Town in the Spring. The venue is lovely, and our day worked out wonderfully. Our one major complaint: the facility manager we worked with *significantly* overstated their capacity. They say their tent can hold 160 people max, or 150 more comfortably. Well, on the day, we had 135, and we were *very* glad we'd added a 20'x20' overflow tent - with three tables in the overflow, we weren't too tight. Other venues we visited seemed to exaggerate capacity as well, but London Town was pretty egregious in that one regard - to seat your guests as they suggest would be rather sardine-like.

Otherwise, London Town is a beautiful place to get married. We were able to have a garden tour and visitor center access for our guests during cocktail hour. The indoor space worked well for dancing. We recommend scheduling your ceremony to take best advantage of natural light and what's in bloom when.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

A+C,

Thank you so much for your review. Our tent does in fact seat 160 with the proper configuration, we have plenty of weddings go that route every weekend. I agree that with how you wanted your tables laid out and your requirements for specific seating assignments you would have needed the extra tent. We are glad that worked out so well for you! Cheers to many happy years of marriage.