Historic London Town and Gardens Reviews

Historic London Town and Gardens 5
Historic London Town and Gardens 6
Historic London Town and Gardens 7

Cynthia · Married on 05/05/2017

My husband and I did quite a bit of research to find our venue and are so glad we decided on Historic London Town and Gardens. We were looking for an outdoor space and my husband really liked the idea of being on the water. London Town was the perfect marriage of both. We actually went to visit it in the middle of January when the garden was clearly not in bloom and even then we were so captivated by its beauty. The gardens, water, and dock make for the most beautiful pictures and back drop for the ceremony. We also received so many comments from guests about how beautiful and perfect the venue was. The space was on par for pricing in the area and included a tent which had turned out to be one of the biggest expenses at other venues. They also are overall very flexible with vendor choices which means you can design the wedding of your dreams. The crew there was always friendly and flexible and easy to work with. We highly recommend London Town and Gardens.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Ben · Married on 04/29/2017

This venue was the most gorgeous atmosphere and everyone had a blast no matter what their temperament!! Our guests were able to walk the gardens, play yard games, or dance the night away. It made for such beautiful and incredible pictures too! Keara and her staff were wonderful and so easy to work with, and made sure that everything was set and ready to go for our special day!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Ben and Jess,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved working with you and are so happy you chose to host your wedding here at London Town. Happy holidays!

Kathryn · Married on 04/21/2017

I honestly couldn't of imagined having my wedding ceremony and reception anywhere else. This was the very first (and only) venue I saw while I was looking. I feel in love with it the second we stepped onto the grounds. The staff, especially Keara, was absolutely wonderful, accommodating, and helpful. The entire venue was beautiful, and has so many opportunities for pictures, entertainment, and even had an adorable bridal suite to get ready in. It was the perfect Spring wedding, and I wouldn't of had it any other way.

Sent on 05/05/2017

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was such a pleasure hosting you and Ray here. Sweet clients like you both make what we do so worth it and we are so happy you chose London Town!
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/22/2016

We looked at a few reception locations in the Annapolis area, but when we visited London Town we knew that it was our venue. It's no wonder why this place fills up so quickly! We really loved the atmosphere and historic nature, and that it was situated right on the water and with acres of flower gardens. It was also nice that it had parking! Since we were planning an October wedding we were unsure about what the weather would be and I wanted to make sure I would have options. London Town has a building and tent onsite in addition to their beautiful grounds. I worked with Shelby throughout my planning process and she was very responsive and made sure to give notice for anything that may be due and to answer anything that I had questions about. A week before the wedding Shelby worked with my planner and myself to make sure everything about the layout for the day would be set up perfectly. Everything went very smoothly on the day of and everything was right where it needed to be. The day was a beautiful day in October so we were able to utilize the gardens for cocktail hour and the tent and building for dinner and dancing as it got a bit cooler. The view made for a gorgeous backdrop as well! I'd highly recommend booking your venue at London Town!

Sent on 12/13/2016

morgan · Married on 08/26/2016

although we have decided not to have our wedding at london town, i am sad about that! i had nothing but good experiences with the helpful and responsive staff at the venue. the location itself is, of course, beautiful! it was nice to have so many options for the ceremony, photos, etc. i also attended an open house there which was lovely. if it is within your budget, i would definitely recommend london town :)

Sent on 02/20/2016

My wife and I were blown away with how amazing our wedding at London Town was. The venue grounds were immaculate, even after having hosted visitors all day. The grounds, the flowers, the reception tent and building were clean and prepared for us well before we arrived.

We had roughly 100 people at our wedding and the location felt very intimate for us to see everyone who traveled in to celebrate with us. We never felt that people were too spread out for us to see everyone. It was also fun to be able to walk around outside and inside (thankfully our weather was perfect!).

Those who we worked with to plan our wedding at London Town and those who helped us the day of couldn't have been more helpful, flexible, and kind. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and I encourage everyone looking to find your perfect venue on the water to choose London Town. Couldn't be happier.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were happy to have you celebrate your wedding with us.

We got married at Historic London Town & Gardens and it was gorgeous! The venue had a 50% off deal going on for the month of August so we got an amazing deal on a beautiful picture-perfect setting! We got married outside on the lawn facing a small stage with the river as our backdrop. What a stunning setting for a ceremony! It made for beautiful photos as well! We then hosted the cocktail hour outside in the same area with a bar under a beautiful old tree. They just revamped the tent area where people ate dinner with a beautiful stone floor. The dance room was up a set of small stairs leading to a patio and a boat-house like room that was all windows. It was absolutely stunning once the sun set the lights lit up the room, adding such a warm ambience to the night. Shelby and Adrianna were pleasures to work with and totally accessible for any questions and needs that came up as we were in the final month of planning!

I highly recommend Historic London Town for your wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2015
  • User4206417 · 2+ years ago

Londontown was literally the perfect backdrop for our elegant Maryland wedding. We searched for weeks for the perfect venue all over Maryland, and this ended up being in our backyard. If you are considering this venue, book it now. On our wedding day and since, all of our family and friends have remarked on our gorgeous venue and how they want to plan their event or wedding there! The staff are incredibly helpful and responsive and will make sure you are completely comfortable with all of the plans for the day. This venue is different from others because you can bring in your own vendors (off their extensive approved list). This was great for us because it allowed us to save a significant amount of money on catering and beverage. The venue speaks for itself in it's beauty set on the gorgeous Severn River, and does not need elaborate decor. I literally can't imagine my wedding having been anywhere else. It was perfection.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Ali · Married on 05/30/2015

Historic London Town and Gardens has to be one of the most beautiful wedding venues! You have the most perfect setting of being on the water in the middle of a garden with beautiful historic buildings in the backdrop. I couldn't have asked for a better day weather-wise. The flowers had just bloomed for my late May wedding and there was a great light breeze off the water. I got married on the front deck with cocktails in the gardens. Guests then got to dine in the beautiful tent with a view of the water. Dancing and desserts were then in the pavilion. I loved the feel of moving my guests to different locations to keep them guessing. Adriana and her team were amazing and very helpful. Adriana was great to work with very professional, friendly, and her response time was amazing.The planning process was extremely easy. The venue is picturesque and our photographers had a field day with all the beautiful colors and the old historic buildings. I love the fact that they offer tables, chairs, and a tent with their pricing which is a huge cost saver! You can also upgrade to chiavari chairs for a huge discounted rate, otherwise they are fairly expensive if going through a rental company. There were no hidden costs, it was all upfront in the contract. There isn't one thing I would change about my experience or the venue itself. It was the perfect day and the perfect venue to boot.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/28/2015

Myself and my husband absolutely loved this venue. Our wedding was at 5pm and it was just beautiful. Adriana was so wonderful and so helpful with eveything. Our wedding day was perfect. This place has everything. An iside Pavillion, a tent, a pier, an historic house, gardens, gazebis, bridges and more. Breathtakingly beautiful place.

Sent on 06/26/2015

A beautiful outdoor wedding venue! They have ample gardens and wonderful water views on the South River. The staff was very helpful in organizing our reception layout and keeping all out vendors coordinated!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/01/2015

So glad we chose to go with London Town for our ceremony and reception. I more feel like this place chose us. As soon as we walked onto the property, my husband and I both knew this is where we were going to get married. It's an absolutely beautiful and perfect setting; on the water, historical, and plenty of gardens. It's a little bit of everything which made for some incredible photos! Affordable venue with a friendly, helpful, and accommodating staff.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Amber · event on 04/12/2015

Londontown worked with my budget to make this event possible, they accomadated my short time frame in which I needed to have the event, they helped to organize the space in the exact way I envisioned it, they were easy to contact, very helpful, and very respectful of want I wanted from this event. Also this Bridal Shower was a surprise and they helped us pull it off fantastically!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Joy · Married on 03/28/2015

This is the perfect place for me to holding a reception dinner for the wedding! All my friends and family loved this place and ask me where I found it. We had the wedding on 3/28/2015, since this was the winter season and the price was very reasonable and definitely under our budget! Especially my mother-in-law was very impressive on it! I will absolutely recommend it to my friends in the future!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Annie · Married on 08/16/2014

Finding a wedding venue is one of the most difficult parts of planning a wedding, but my husband and I knew we found our place when we found London Town. It is an absolutely beautiful location, surrounded with countless places to take photos. We were able to do our first dance on the deck at the water, and I'm dying to see the photos.
    In addition to being such a beautiful venue, you also get an amazing bang for your buck. All tables and chairs are included for both the ceremony and reception. The tent and indoor facility are great features and also serve as a built-in rain plan if need be. We held our cocktail hour in the gardens, and guests were able to play yard games and socialize by the water. It is truly a unique venue in that there are both indoor and outdoor options for guests.
    The staff was also great to work with. Adriana is incredibly friendly and also responsive to questions. They offer fantastic vendor recommendations--we barely left their lists of recommendations, and we loved all of our vendors. They also allow you to hold your rehearsal on site, which was incredibly helpful to us and our wedding party going into the wedding.
    If you're looking for a breathtakingly beautiful, affordable and fun location for your wedding, London Town is definitely where you want to be!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful words, Annie. You were a pleasure to have here.

Katie · Married on 05/30/2014

When we first started thinking about wedding venues, Londontown was at the forefront. After one visit to the grounds and a long conversation with Jean, we immediately booked it. Fast forward one year and one new wedding planner (Adrianna), our day was perfect. The grounds provided us with so much flexibility for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. It also offered amazing little nooks and crannies that made our photos breathtaking, such as the dock on the inlet, the gazebo, the colonial house, and the little bridge tucked away back in the woods.

We were worried the day before that our wedding would be a wash-out after three days of heavy rain, but Adrianna calmed our nerves at the rehearsal and told us she would wait as long as possible to set up the lawn for our ceremony. When we pulled in for the wedding, we were overjoyed to see the lawn staged perfectly for our ceremony. What followed was an unforgettable evening, and Adrianna ensured everything went smoothly behind the scenes, staying on site long after she really needed to.

Londontown was everything we were looking for and our day was perfect. When Jean had to leave, she left Londontown's event planning in very capable hands. Amazing place for an amazing wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Katie for your kind words! Come back and visit us sometime soon.

Katherine · Married on 05/11/2014

We held our reception at London Town and Gardens. When we went to visit the site the year before we knew right away it was perfect. The gorgeous gardens, the view of the water, the beautiful tent, the pavilion for dancing (and excellent rain plan if needed). Reserve your date early because options were getting limited even a year out. Our wedding day turned out to have perfect weather and the cocktail hour was held in the gardens. It was so gorgeous and I couldn't have asked for a more fun wedding. We had 120 guests and the venue was a great size. Jean Clare Shea, the director of sales was very professional and offered many helpful hints to make everything run smoothly. We opted to rent shuttles to get any guests that didn't want to drive to and from the hotel and we were happy with that decision. Overall, London Town is a wonderful venue for a wedding reception!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Deanna · Married on 04/09/2014

Many thanks to the fantastic staff that helped us plan an impromptu Wedding (in less than two weeks a full blown event)! We made an appointment to view the grounds for a simple ceremony, immediately felt at ease with the Coordinator who helped guide us through the possibilities, and fell head over heals in love with the location. It was spectacular. The grounds. The view. The facilities. The endless possibilities. PERFECT VENUE!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Katie · Married on 11/02/2013

Gorgeous venue. Helpful and wonderful staff. I can't imagine a better wedding reception venue!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2013

Our wedding was so amazing at Londontown ! The venue was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating for our needs and wants. It was very spacious and our guest had a great time. The wedding coordinator stayed through the entire event to make sure things ran smoothly and I couldn't have asked for more, she was great !! Our day was so special and I'm so glad that we decided to have it at Londontown, it was perfect !!

Sent on 11/10/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2013

From the first time I saw this place I knew it was the one for our wedding! The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the views are breathtaking. It was the perfect place to have our ceremony and reception. Jean, Adriana and the staff were all fantastic to work with. We started with Jean in the process and then Adriana took over. She was there to meet with us, answer our questions and go over all the details. From her experience in the field she really knew what she was doing and helped us make some smart changes that worked out better. The day of the wedding she made sure that everything was taken care of, lined up the bridal party, fluffed my dress and even brought us out a fan during the reception to cool us off!! Truly a great location for weddings and great to work with!! We got so many compliments about the venue that our guest wished they had gotten married there! :)

Sent on 10/31/2013

Laura · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I visited quite a few venues in and around Annapolis for our wedding last September, and Historic London Town and Gardens was definitely the best "bang for our buck". Once we visited the location we fell in love with the location - you get a fabulous view, an indoor pavilion, draped tent w/ chandelier, ceremony and reception chairs and tables and the dock. When you start budgeting out tents, etc. things get expensive fast, so it was nice to know we were covered at London Town if it rained. The pavilion was great, it was super hot on our wedding day and dancing in the air conditioned pavilion helped keep everyone nice and cool. They also allowed us to leave cars there overnight which was nice.

Leading up to our wedding we worked with Adriana and she was wonderful! She made sure that they had everything the way we wanted it on our big day. She was great for recommendations when I wasn't sure if something was going to work and quick to come up with a solution. She also got along and worked well with my day of coordinator on our wedding day.

The actual day went great! We couldn't have asked for a better space. The gardens and dock made great backdrops for our photos and all of our guests loved the property. The only thing I could complain about was the noise ordinance - you have to shut music off by 10pm so you can't really extend your reception at this venue past then. I will say this is a problem at most outdoor locations around Annapolis. We opted to start our wedding a half hour earlier to allow for the full 5 hour cocktail hour and reception.

I would definitely recommend Historic London Town and Gardens for your wedding. You'll have a great staff, fabulous scenery and a place to keep you dry and cool in case of crazy weather.

Sent on 04/25/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/03/2013

I remember in the early stages of wedding planning coming across a wedding photography blog that featured a wedding recently held at London Town. As soon as I saw the pictures I thought- that is where I want to have my wedding! London Town offers every kind of setting a bride would want- you have the gardens, the water, historic charm, and a modern indoor pavilion. Jean and Adriana were an incredible team to work with- they kept me organized, were very responsive to email, and were flexible with me as I had to plan the wedding across the country from Seattle.

The day of my wedding there was a 40% chance of rain. While I'm assuming most venues would just tell me "sorry, you have to move the ceremony inside," Adriana allowed me to risk the chance of rain and have my ceremony outside. Even when it started to rain 5 minutes before the wedding was meant to start, they let us wait it out and we were able to do everything as planned- one of the truly awesome things about this venue and team.

The day of the wedding went so smoothly and the venue was beautiful- I cannot imagine having my wedding anywhere else.

Thank you London Town!

Sent on 08/19/2013

K · Married on 06/22/2013

My wife and I looked at many potential locations for our recent wedding. We were looking for a place to have both the ceremony and reception at, preferably something on the water. We knew we'd found the perfect place when we visited Historic London Town and Gardens. It was only a fifteen-minute drive from Annapolis, had plenty of space for anything we wanted, and even has its own gardens out back. Best of all, the view of the water was amazing and we could bring our won alcohol, which saved a ton of money.

We had the ceremony in the main field, where there is a raised platform perfect for the minister and wedding party, with a clear view of the water behind it. We took our wedding party photos on a nearby pier that's very close to the main area that offered an amazing view of the setting sun. There was plenty of space for guests to wander about the gardens both before and after dinner - which is why we didn't need to bother with more flowers, since there were already so many growing naturally. It also had a very spacious interior area where we had our dancing and sundae bar.

The local ordinances did require that the wedding finish at 10pm, but that wasn't a problem as we had an after-party at our hotel's bar. All in all, London Town and Gardens is a beautiful place that we cannot recommend enough. And if you're interested, I'd suggest going there to look at your earliest convenience - we waited over a year and a half to ensure we got the date that we wanted, since it books up quickly.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Beautiful venue right on the water with great gardens. Lots of areas for photos. Saved lots of money by getting a one-day liquor license and bringing my own beer/wine. Jean, the director of sales, was wonderful- she had lots of suggestions on trusted caterers and other vendors. She simply managed to make things happen- for instance, she called ~5 days before suggesting that we get heaters and she simply took care of it and the cost came out of our security deposit (with our approval, of course). Thank you.

Sent on 05/28/2013