Historic Leafwood Reviews

7 Historic Leafwood Reviews
  • Hannah

Hannah Ashley · Married on 10/27/2018

A Magical Place, An Absolutely Perfect Wedding Experience

If you are looking for a venue to make your fairytale dream wedding you’ve always wanted come to life, THIS IS IT. This is the only venue my fiancé and I physically visited and we were both blown away by all it had to offer, and instantly knew it was the place for us. There’s so much to work with to turn any area into exactly what you’ve always dreamed of. Angeline and her husband Grady treat you like family and do so many sweet things to help make the process as intimate and as smooth as possible. They shared their home with us and made it so easy for us to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be on our big day. It was truly a perfect wedding and we will forever be grateful for such a beautiful place to have gotten married at and such a loving experience all around. Whether you are near or far, don’t pick your venue until you’ve at least checked out Leafwood! It is truly magical, and you won’t regret it! We will look back at pictures of this amazing day at this utterly amazing place for years and years to come with grateful hearts. Leafwood is a step above the rest in every way. I couldn’t have even dreamed up a more perfect venue!

Alison · Married on 10/20/2018

We highly recommend Historic Leafwood!

I found Historic Leafwood while searching for the perfect venue on various wedding websites, and I knew I was going to be walking into something special before I even toured the site. It was the first and only venue we looked at, because it offered so much and was just what we had been looking for. We met Angeline the day we toured the venue, and she was super helpful during the entire planning process. Angeline was very attentive to e-mails and calls, and I never felt stressed out while planning our wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous! Overall, I can't say enough positive things about this venue and the people who run it. We had an awesome experience and are so grateful for everything they did to make this process easy and fun.

Chelsea Young · Married on 10/13/2018

Fairytale wedding!

I couldn’t be happier with my wedding experience at Leafwood. Angeline went above and beyond to make our day special. She answered my emails with all my questions quickly and she was so sweet and helpful! Her and her husband, made us feel at home and made sure everything was perfect! The venue itself is beautiful as feels magical and enchanted. Leafwood was everything we could have asked for in a venue and more!

Alyssa · Married on 09/29/2018

My husband and I truly enjoyed every moment of our wedding experience. The cottage and home its self was so beautiful. The wedding its self was like a fairytale. I 100% recommend leafwood for anyone who is looking to get married

Historic Leafwood 1

Jay · Married on 04/29/2018

This place is awesome! We had our wedding there in late April 2018, and it was extremely beautiful. Angeline is a warm and accommodating host, and she was exceptionally responsive during the planning process. She even helped fill in some of the gaps that our (not so great) planner left on the day of, and she was willing to take care of issues in a graceful way, which saved us from having to worry too much. Definitely a pleasure to work with.

The venue itself is really nice in the spring for an outdoor wedding. We had a tent for the reception, which was nice but honestly you could probably do without it from May through September if it's not raining. There's a lot of space and room for guests to be comfortable, and the little buildings on the property are especially charming. The amenities are more than adequate for a 100 guest wedding (what we had): the kitchen worked well for the caterer, the dressing rooms were great, and the guest restrooms are fine. We loved the accommodations for the two of us in the little cottage, and there were a lot of nice little touches that we appreciated.

The venue is overall a decent value for what you get. I do recommend going with Angeline's recommendations for vendors (listed on Leafwood's website), as it makes it easier and the ones we used (particularly Sweets and Soirees for catering and cake, and Riverwood Designs for flowers) turned out to work great. This also helps maximize value without too much added effort because Angeline seems to know weddings in the area very well and has put some thought into these recommendations. She does offer flexibility with vendors if you want to look on your own, which is also nice. Overall, definitely recommend this venue for a beautiful outdoor wedding!

H · Married on 04/14/2018

I had my engagement party the weekend before my wedding. Everything turned out beautiful and better than I could have ever imagined. They were very accommodating as well. I highly recommend them!

Nanna · Married on 07/22/2016

I did my engagement photos at Historic Leafwood and I fell in love! Angeline and Grady made the day wonderful, and the bride and groom beach cottage is so dreamy. There were so many little touches like breakfast upon arrival and drinks throughout the photography session. What a wonderful venue!