Historic Jordan Springs Reviews

Historic Jordan Springs 5
Historic Jordan Springs 6
Historic Jordan Springs 7

Alicia · Married on 11/12/2016

To put it simply, Historic Jordan Springs was amazing. Colt was effective, responsive, polite, funny and an overall wonderful person to work with! Our wedding day went by without a hitch and was the smoothest wedding I've ever been to. I highly recommend the venue, as well as all of the optional services (i.e., cake, DJ, lighting, and photography). Speaking of photography, Alta Mira, was amazing! Our wedding photos are fantastic and the best part was, I submitted some samples of work that I liked to Colt, he communicated with the photographer, and they took all of the shots I wanted without me having to ask! As a bride, all I had to do was show up and get married. The easiest thing! I could go on and on about how much I loved my day, so I'll just let the 5 stars across the board speak for itself!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kirsten · Married on 09/04/2016

If you want a venue with little stress and an amazing coordinator, this is it! We met with Colt twice and did everything else over email. He was always quick to respond and clarify anything for us. Anything we weren't sure of how to get or how we were supposed to go about, he had it covered. We even brought in some of our own decorations and when we got to the venue they were already set up and looked absolutely perfect. He took charge of the rehearsal, and the day of we literally just did whatever he said. He made sure what we said was important to us was taken care of, he made sure we were fed, and he made sure our drinks of choice were always in our hands. He even fanned me off while I was waiting in my dress and helped me carry the train of my dress down to the ceremony location. He also had the best and most fun staff we could have hoped for: the servers, bartenders, DJ, photographer, caterers and officiant were all amazing. I'm so thankful that we found him!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

First off, my Husband and I, want to give a Big Shout out to the professional staff, especially Colt Nutter, that helped make our wedding day Perfect! There was no stress, and everything went so smooth. We had an outdoor wedding by their beautiful arbor across the bridge. In case of inclement weather, Colt had the indoor backup ready to go! As a Bride, the walk from the main building to across the lawn and aisle, was a very special moment to walk with my dad. It gave me time to soak in the moment, and the photographer was able to get pictures of everyone who walked. Colt will do a lot of recommendations for your wedding day, but please know, that it is not for their benefit! We used most of their services, and each one was worth it.
    Services we used: DJ, Cake, Photographer, Videography, Rehearsal Dinner, Catering, Beauty & Health, Ceremony Music, and Lighting & Decor.
    Before the ceremony took place, the ladies and I got our hair and makeup done by Kate, Anna, & Demetric at the salon on site, who did a phenomenal job! The atmosphere was incredible, but most of all, relaxing. The men said Colt put on their boutonniere's within a blink of an eye, and they were perfect! While we were all waiting on the ceremony time to come, the photographer arrived and took pictures of both parties before we went out (ladies upstairs, men downstairs). The men also played with the pool table and had beverages before it was time to head outside. The ceremony music was played correctly by HJS's professional, the DJ had everyone on the floor, catering was the best (hors d'oeuvre were magnificent as well), lighting & decor was breathtaking, rehearsal dinner had the best BBQ, photographer/videographer were very professional, and the Cake was beautiful and made fresh! We have had people tell us that our wedding was the best they have been too; we are forever grateful for the wonderful day! Thank you HJS!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Brittney · Married on 04/23/2016

Having my wedding at Historic Jordan Springs was the best decision! For what should have been such a stressful day, it was probably the least stress I've every had. Everyone that attended had a blast and a month later we are all still talking about it. Colt did a great job keeping everything on time and it was perfection to a T!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Meghan · Married on 04/17/2016

From the moment we first met with Colt it was apparent to my Wife and I that our search for the perfect wedding venue was over. Upon arrival we were enamored with the gorgeous and stately aesthetic of this property. Colt greeted us and led us inside to the sitting area - one of the many beautiful rooms of this historic building. We sat together, introduced ourselves, and he began asking us questions about what we had envisioned for our special day. He was helpful from the first moment and his thoughtfulness only became more evident as we spent the next several months planning our dream wedding. He was prudent in analyzing every nuance of what would make our wedding exactly what we wanted. He always made sure to express that it was OUR day and to never comprimise our vision. He was very responsive throughout the planning - he and my Wife exchanged over 100 emails and his responses were incredibly prompt, day and night. We wouldn't have been able to accomplish such an incredible celebration without his commitment to our satisfaction... he did all of this while he was planning many other events! Once the big day came he and his team sprung in to action, ensuring every aspect of the wedding went smoothly. Thanks to Colt and the staff, the flow of the day was flawless. The food, prepared in-house, was unbelievable. The service at dinner was superb. The photographers, DJ, and service staff were excellent. The planning was not stressful at all. He handled everything. The venue employs their own DJ, photographers, food service staff, officiant, and more. The relief of not having to worry about all of these things allowed us to focus on what was most important. For the money spent, you will not find a more perfect location to have the wedding of your dreams. Colt is the nicest guy and the most helpful coordinator you will ever find. If you are looking for somewhere to have a wedding and someone to plan it - call him now! :) - David and Meghan Griffy (est. 04/17/2016)

Sent on 05/31/2016

Crystal · Married on 03/26/2016

This venue is wonderful! We got the "Dream Maker" package, which included the venue, cake, DJ, and photographer, as well as having your wedding professionally coordinated by Colt, and his team. While it does seem a little pricey, I doubt you'd be able to find such a nice venue, with the same services for any less. I assure you, hiring a wedding coordinator, and having to coordinate several vendors is NOT easy, or cheap. I let Colt handle all the interior decorations, and it turned out better than I could have imagined! I was told by guests, it was "breathtaking"! I sent Colt pictures of what I wanted, and he put it all together! I had tons of questions, and he was responsive, and patient with me, helping me whenever I asked. When the grooms mother got lost on her way to the HJS, Colt calmly handled dealing with a hysterical mother, and stayed on the phone with her, until she arrived, then he poured me a glass of moscato to help calm my nerves. Everything went so smoothly. I was very happy with the way it turned out!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding was absolutely AMAZING. Everything went so smoothly; we could truly not have asked for anything more. We got the wedding of our dreams and we owe it in large part to the staff at Historic Jordan Springs.

Colt was EXTREMELY attentive to everything that we had asked for, and went above and beyond to make sure we had the best day ever. He followed up through email for close to a year with me to keep me on top of everything I needed to get done, even things that weren't his problem (our rings, the bridal party attire, etc.). He was always clear with us regarding price of every detail. He had a LOT of great advice for me regarding design, flowers, and proper etiquette when dealing with guest list issues. He and his staff were 100% on top of everything, down to the very last detail.

I also had my hair styled for the wedding by the Special Events Salon, as did my maid of honor, which is located right on the venue property. Though it is separately owned, it was very convenient and they did an amazing job, as well. We were both extremely happy.

Every one of our guests had an amazing time. We had a pretty large group in the reception hall, and though it was hot and humid outside, it was very comfortable inside. People are still raving about the food, the ceremony, and the DJ (we used the DJ that HJS has on staff). A lot of people said it was one of the most fun weddings they've ever been to.

I would recommend any bride looking to have the best wedding she could dream of to get in contact with Colt at Historic Jordan Springs. If I could give this venue 10 stars, I would!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Krista · Married on 07/04/2015

I looked at over 30 venues and this was above and beyond all the others! I would reccomend this to everyone!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Kasey · Married on 06/13/2015

Jordan springs is BEAUTIFUL! I love the brick walls and gorgeous vines! Perfect for photos! The reception area is to die for. Colt was great the entire time and really helped out the day of. We also used their Dj, officiant, ceremony floral design, and lighting services. All of them A+. I really recommend HJS. I loved having the wedding outdoors on the lawn then moving inside to the reception hall. The uplighting and pinspots on each table really set the mood. We also had our rehearsal dinner in the pub (so cool looking) and the food was top notch! I also have to mention HJS is one of the best values around.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Dawn · Married on 04/18/2015

Oh my goodness! I cannot begin to voice my gratitude for Colt Nutter at this absolutely beautiful wedding venue for my daughter and son in law. From the moment we first walked in the door and started the planning process, Colt was amazing! He worked with us as I, (a little too anxiously) ordered the save a dates for the wrong date, and made it an easy and completely affordable fix. From that moment up to the wedding day, all went so smoothly. He was so helpful in the entire process. The food was wonderful. The flowers were beautiful! The DJ did an awesome job! I cannot wait to see the pictures that the photographers took. I know that we won't be disappointed. Oh..and did I mention the onsite services made available to us??? Us girls were able to enjoy getting a relaxing massage and our hair dolled up! The guys had a great time, as well. Wonderful time had by all!!!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Eric · Married on 04/11/2015

Jordan Springs and Colt did a wonderful job with our wedding! Colt made sure we started at the exact right time and followed the planned schedule to make the wedding and reception as smooth as possible. He helped us out with planning as we met several times and had many emails back and forth throughout the process. Another positive about Jordan Springs is that they do most of the work (DJ cake décor dinner etc.) for you so it's one less thing to worry about when you're planning and starting to feel overwhelmed. Everything about our wedding day really couldn't have gone any better and we want to thank Jordan Springs and Colt for making this happen!

Sent on 05/05/2015

megan · Married on 03/21/2015

Colt and his staff were very professional and helpful through the whole process. They made sure everything went smoothly and was in order. They all do great work there and I would recommend them to anyone. Very helpful and understanding. They certainly helped make our special day very beautiful.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Tamara · Married on 10/19/2013

Historic Jordan Springs was an absolutely PERFECT place for our Fall Wedding this year. Colt was wonderful to work with and helped me through the entire planning process. An all inclusive wedding venue, however I decided to create my own centerpieces and decorations. The staff set up everything exactly to my liking during the rehearsal dinner and it totally exceeded my expectations. From the first time speaking with Colt and touring the grounds I was sold. It was the first and only place we toured when looking for a beautiful venue. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous -- a photographers dream and the Ball room and rest of the interior is breathtaking. The food was Delicious --- and very reasonable too. Colt and the Staff helped to create my dream wedding. There was nothing I would have changed. A perfect experience, A Perfect Day!! Thank you sooo much!!

Sent on 10/28/2013
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 09/14/2012

Historic Jordan Springs was the best place we ever could have picked for our wedding venue. They worked with our budget beautifully and you have the option to get everything you need from under one roof! The location itself is beautiful, with many places to hold the ceremony, the reception area was elegant and the staff is wonderful! We were getting hungry while taking pics after the ceremony and as if on cue one of the staff brought us some water and hor'dourves :)
    Colt was also the best! He was so calm and loved to listen to any ideas we had. If you are a hands on bride you will love this man, he will take your inspiration pics and make your dream come true. He kept everything together so well and made sure it all went off without a hitch!
    The food was also delicious. They took my suggestions for cocktail hour and dinner and made them a tasty reality. Everyone raved at how good the food was, and it was MUCH more reasonably priced than other venues I looked at, it was well under $100 a person which in my area is a MIRACLE!!!
    There are so many things I could say about this place, but one look at its beautiful landscape and elegant buildings will say it all. One conversation with Colt and you will be sold. Historic Jordan Springs lets even the most budget conscious bride have the wedding of her dreams and my husband and I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Randi · Married on 07/07/2018

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!It is absolutely beautiful there. The perfect venue. I had friends and family from all over join us on our wedding and EVERY person ssid it was the most beautiful wedding they've seen. I was nervous at first but Colt Nutter jad every detail taken care of and was right there helping every step of the way!

Sent on 07/19/2018
    Historic Jordan Springs 8
    Historic Jordan Springs 9
    Historic Jordan Springs 10
    Historic Jordan Springs 11
    Historic Jordan Springs 12
    Historic Jordan Springs 13

Elsy · Married on 10/21/2017

Este lugar es lo mejor que se escogio para la boda de mi hija Krissia and Eddie 10/21/17....un momento para recordar siempre, quiero darles las gracias a Colt y a su equipo de trabajo...excellent job. Quedo divino,elegante inolvidable y EXPECTACULAR!!!! Gracias a todos......

Sent on 10/24/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2015

We live in the Northwest but decided to hold our wedding in Virginia to be close to family. Colt was incredbly helpful in making the process of planning a wedding sight unseen go smoothly and turn out as we envisioned it! He is very responsive and encouraging, which was one of the main factors in our choosing this venue sight unseen. On the day of the rehearsal and the wedding, Colt kept everything organized and running smoothly. The rest of the staff were incredibly polite and professional as well, and several of our guests commented on this. The location looked just as we pictured it down to the detail, even with the extra favors and small decorations we brought the day before. And Jordan Springs itself was very charming, with photo opportunities everywhere on the property! We held our ceremony outside and reception on the veranda. For those planning an indoor reception, we weren't huge fans of the ballroom (no windows) but I think that comes down to personal taste. We would definitely recommend this venue to others in the future!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Jenny · Married on 03/01/2014

My wedding was amazing. Everyone called it the fairytale/dream wedding. It wouldn't have been that without Colt and his team at Historic Jordan Springs. I was stressed out up until 2 hours before the wedding, and when I couldn't find my veil, Colt knew exactly what to do - to pour me a glass of moscato. An hour before the wedding, one of the groomsmen found the darn thing at our house and was back before I knew it. I had really nothing to worry about. Colt took care of a lot! Thanks to Jordan Springs, we were able to enjoy our own wedding and our special day with friends and family.

We looked at at least 10 places, and I've called at least 25 from Martinsburg, WV to Frederick, MD to Front Royal, VA. This wasn't the cheapest vendor I found, but overall BEST value to me for what was provided.

PS. Okay, I had a lot of problems along the way with other vendors. Future brides, when Colt says it's great to use HJS services, take the advice. I regret not listening in the beginning. After trying to save a lot of money, I realized that the services were a GREAT price and less of a hassle. If I could do over, I'd listen to Colt more and worry less!!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/06/2014
  • Christiana

Christiana · Married on 06/17/2018

This venue is all inclusive. They take care of literally everything in site! They even offer space for the rehearsal dinner if you need it. My husband and I were married on June 17, 2018. We were married downstair in their chapel. We took pictures all over the property. The reception was upstairs in the ballroom, bar, and sitting room. My husband and I looked at over 5 different possible venues. We could not get this place out of our minds. The price is very reasonable and they will work with you any way needed. The only outside services we used were for the rehearsal dinner, cake, DJ, and Photo Booth. This venue does offer all of these services, but we wanted to include our friends talents in our special day. My husband and I would certainly highly recommend this venue for all of your special occasion needs. Colt is amazing. He will answer emails at 4AM and go over every tiny detail you want. His tips are amazing! Your planning binder is your best friend. Write everything down!!!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Historic Jordan Springs 14
    Historic Jordan Springs 15
    Historic Jordan Springs 16

Dan · Married on 09/09/2017

Speaking as the officiant/pastor, I found Colt's professionalism and finesse to be incredible, right down to the Altoids before the ceremony started! Would work with him and his staff again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/11/2017

angela · Married on 10/22/2016

Having t o plan a wedding and reception from two cities was a challenge. However, having both at Jordan Springs made the planning so much easier. We used the officiant, DJ, ambient lighting and of course, the amazing catering from Jordan Springs. My husband and I were extremely impressed with venue from the beginning. Colt and the staff were very knowledgeable and professional throughout the day. We communicated mainly via email, including photos. All of our guests we pleased to attend and raved about the atmosphere and the food.
    Prospective couples should definitely meet with Colt and tour the venue. Ask as many questions as possible to be clear of whats expected.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Robert · Married on 09/12/2015

Pros:
    -Having everything handled in house was fantastic. Once we booked the venue they offered their own (optional) DJ, (optional) Photographer, and did the bar and food.
    -Colt was great and kept everything running smoothly during the rehearsal and ceremony.
    -Food was fantastic
    -Great scenery
    -Multiple options for the ceremony. We really wanted an outdoor ceremony and HJS has multiple outdoor areas, an indoor area, and a covered outdoor option on the patio. Which was GREAT considering it was a little rainy and we were able to still be outside on the patio.

Cons:
    -Not cheap. Not outrageous pricing by any means but just as a warning you do need to pay for everything.
    -There was some technical difficulties with the stereos but everything was resolved in short order.

Sent on 11/08/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/26/2014

This place has it all. Colt, the wedding planner has it down to a science, everything went very smoothly, food was great, music was great, services was good too! Would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Katelyn · Married on 10/05/2014

This was the perfect place to have my fall wedding a few weeks ago. They offer everything in house which made planning so much easier. The grounds are beautiful, and it was a wonderful place to get married.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Adriana · Married on 05/11/2013

Overall, I had a great experience at Jordan Springs. The food was amazing and Colt did a great job making sure everything went smoothly. He really knows what he is doing!!

Sent on 06/07/2013