Historic John P. Furber Farm Reviews

33 | Cottage Grove, MN

33 Reviews for Historic John P. Furber Farm

33 Historic John P. Furber Farm Reviews

Catherine · Married on 09/21/2018

I had my wedding at John P Furber barn a few weeks ago and I can tell you booking that venue was the best decision. After having a sour taste in our mouth after an experience with a different twin cities barn meeting with Angi and touring John P Furber was a joyful experience. Since the first meeting Angi was friendly, informative and easy to work with. I can honestly say that with all the stress of planning a wedding she made it so much easier and enjoyable for me. Not to mention the barn is beautiful and has so many additional perks that make it a truly special place. Our day went off with no issues and we had so many compliments about how amazing our venue was. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very, very much Catherine! We are truly blessed to have beautiful couples like Matt and you enjoying your celebration with family and friends.

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2018

Beautiful venue, lots of space to work with! The ceremony site is amazing. The owners are easy to work with!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Jessica!

Brandon · Married on 07/22/2018

The venue is absolutely stunning! Wayne and Angie the owners are great people and they are very easy going. If anyone wants to get married at a breathtaking place definitely come to John P. Furber farm

Sent on 12/06/2017

Thank you Brandon!

Kendrah · Married on 07/20/2018

The barn was absolutely gorgeous for our special day! Super cute and unique layout, spacious site, and the owners are incredible to work with. It truly was an unforgettable day!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Kendrah! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful!

Eileen · Married on 12/29/2017

Awesome venue!! Beautiful, elegant, and clean! Bridal suite has everything needed to get ready, Barn is beautiful in its self! I couldn’t have been happier! ❤️

Sent on 01/21/2018
    Historic John P. Furber Farm 2
    Historic John P. Furber Farm 3
    Historic John P. Furber Farm 4

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much! Your wedding was so beautiful!

Nikki · Married on 10/31/2017

The farm was amazing for our event! They thought of everything layout and decor wise, and the barn is truly breathtaking! The second floor was perfect for the laid back crowd wanting to relax and observe everything going on, and we loved the personal touches they added decor wise. We also loved working with the owners - so sweet and helpful, and made everything easy for us! Would easily recommend them to others for weddings and events!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Nikki! We loved working with you and your family!

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

We just had our wedding here on August 12th and it was hands down the best day of our lives. Angi and Wayne were so easy to work with. We are so blessed that we got to get married at such a beautiful venue!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Ashley! Your wedding was so beautiful!

Sheresa · Married on 07/08/2017

My daughter was married and had her reception at the Historic John P Furber Farm on 7/8/2017. From the first contact, Angi and Wayne were quick to respond and open and available to questions we had throughout the wedding process. They are very professional and great to work with- a really wonderful couple that made us feel like part of their family, they truly wanted the wedding day to be perfect for us! They have a list of preferred vendors, which was very helpful, the vendors we used all worked together and made everything look better than we could have imagined! On the day of the wedding, Wayne and Angi were both on site to check in throughout the day to make sure we knew the codes to the bridal suite, all questions were answered and to let us know how to contact them if we needed anything. At the end of the night, they helped us pull off a surprise fireworks display for the guests and helped us clean up and gather our things. All of our guests LOVED the venue, the perfect blend of rustic elegance with plenty of room for our 275 guests to move around inside and play yard games in the front yard. Not to mention how great it was to have a barn venue that was air conditioned and comfortable on a hot July day! The Bridal Suite is absolutely beautiful we used the kitchenette and full bathroom with shower- plenty of mirrors and comfortable couches which made for a relaxing start to the day for the bridal party! I would highly recommend the Historic John P Furber Farm venue and Wayne and Angi for the perfect wedding experience- we could not have been happier with everything!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very, very much Sheresa! We loved being part of your extended family and enjoyed have everyone on our farm! We had so much fun watching the "love in the air"!

Timothy · Married on 03/11/2017

Wayne and Angi did an outstanding job for our wedding. Bent over backwards to accommodate us. We were married there on March 11, 2017. Barn was very warm (good thing in the winter), food was excellent through the caterer (This Little Piggy Catering) and the DJ was excellent as well (we had Dan from Adagio).

Sent on 03/13/2017

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Tim and AnMarie! You were a blessing to have in our historic barn!

cody · Married on 03/11/2017

Awesome place to get married And your pictures will look amazing with the rustic look

Sent on 03/12/2017

Thank you very much!

Rachel · Married on 12/16/2016

I hadn't even seen a picture of this venue before pulling into the driveway but when I saw the white barn from the outside, I knew I had to see what was inside. Inside was even more beautiful! I was sold! My fiance and I signed our contract shortly after and had the absolute pleasure of working with Angi & Wayne for the next 11 months. They are very organized in their methods and very kind in their communication. The barn was beautiful, warm & toasty for our winter wedding, and Angi & Wayne were so nice to come check on us and make sure everything looked alright. They had done so much work on the inside over the course of the 11 months that it looked even better than the day we first saw it. There was even a Christmas tree we were able to use for our Winter Wonderland themed night. We received endless compliments on the venue about its natural beauty. We hardly paid anything for our decorations because the venue speaks for itself with the beautiful wood tables and chairs. The day was everything I'd hoped it to be and Angi & Wayne were amazing the entire way through, even inviting us to events they host at the venue and checking in with us throughout our engagement to see if we needed help with any vendors. We chose their preferred DJ and catering company and would do it again in a heartbeat. They chose their vendors carefully and I can see why--they're the best! No one had a bad thing to say the entire day/evening and we continue to hear how great the place was. If you're looking for a unique barn space with the "industrial chic" look, Angi & Wayne have just the place!! Check it out--chances are you'll cancel your other venue tours afterwards just like we did, and you will NOT regret it!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you so very, very much Rachel! We're so happy to have been part of your day with our historic barn! Blessings to you both!

Tina · Married on 08/13/2016

My daughter used the John P. Furber Farm for her wedding reception a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was in awe of this beautiful place. This barn offers everything a bride and party needs to make this day a success. The bridal suite is not only beautiful, but spacious enough for professionals to do hair an make up on-site. The barn is so stunning, you can save a few hundred dollars by not decorating since there really is no need. The barn was open to us all day which gave us plenty of time for set up and hair/make up. The barn owners, Wayne and Angi were so helpful, whenever we had questions or needed anything, they were right there to help. Our experience with them for the last year and a half has been nothing but perfection. The day of the wedding, there was some confusion with the bar service and for whatever reason, it didn't appear we would have any. Wayne and Angi took control and within 15 minutes they had resolved the confusion and our bar service was on it's way. This wasn't their role or responsibility at all, but they just jumped in and helped out. They also were really great about explaining things about the barn we could do to help keep it cool and thank God it was indeed cool and comfortable as a result. They checked in on us throughout the day to make sure everything was working properly for us and were so excited to see us enjoy the barn and have a great day. They really were the kindest people and I felt like they were just more friends sharing our day. Such a great experience and I'm hoping more people we know use the venue so we can spend more time there. I would recommend it to anyone. If there is such a thing as a perfect venue - this is it.

Alie · Married on 08/13/2016

I don't even know where to begin. This venue is like no other. Sean and I booked this venue when it was dirt. It literally looked like they just took the cows out of the barn. But if you knew Angie and Wayne you would understand why we could make that kind of gamble. This couple has transformed this beautiful barn into something so special and unique. They were so helpful on the wedding day and the days leading up to it. The venue is perfect for a big or small crowd. There is plenty of space and plenty of ways to tweak things and make it your own! It has been so fun to see what every bride does differently for their own day. I think my absolute favorite part is that the barn itself is enough. Decorations are great but not even needed here. Of course every bride wants to design their own center pieces and put their own taste to things but I would have been just as happy walking into this place without doing a thing. The barn is beautiful enough as is. My entire family was impressed with its beauty and I'm so excited to see pictures of many weddings to come in this place. God bless this couple, God bless this venue, and God bless the future couples to experience it.

Emily · Married on 07/23/2016

We held our wedding here at the John P. Furber Farm on Saturday May 19th 2018. The entire day was a complete dream come true and every detail of the venue was absolutely perfect! We LOVED working with Wayne and Angi and we could not have asked for a better experience. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who is looking for the perfect rustic venue to hold a special celebration. You will not be disappointed!!! Our experience in working with Wayne and Angi was 100% positive and they truly care about people and making sure every detail of your special event is handled properly. Their customer service and communication was over-the-top professional and always timely.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Emily! We are so thankful to have been a part of your very special day!

Ashley · Married on 07/16/2016

Angi and Wayne were wonderful to work with! They were very flexible and very responsive to all of our questions. This venue was truly amazing. Everyday I get people messaging me about how enchanting and incredible the venue is. I'm so happy I chose to have my wedding at the Furber Farm!! :)

Kelsey · Married on 07/08/2016

This venue was absolutely AMAZING!!!! So beautiful inside and outside! My wedding was July 8, 2016 and we had gorgeous weather, our ceremony outside and reception in the barn. Angi and Wayne Butt were so accommodating and was open to new ideas, so nice! We were able to have a bunch of lawn games out in the front and a lantern ceremony at night (80+). The most beautiful venue, and great space!

Meg · Married on 05/22/2016

We could not have asked for a more perfect day. From the time that we signed our contract with the Furber farm, till our wedding had passed, Angi and Wayne were so helpful, accommodating and flexible making the day exactly what we wanted. We were having a no traditional Sunday wedding, and our vision came to life. We loved how personal the owners were, how available they were on our special, and always there to answer question big or small. The week of a wedding is very stressful however, with a VERY organized setup, crew, and plan that the barn provided to us, the set up of the barn was so well laid out and ready for us on our day as soon as we got there. I had no questions, anxiety or fears, because I was so prepared after being given such great communication and a final walk through with the barn owners right before our big day. The owners even made sure they stopped by to celebrate with us and ensure everything was beyond perfect. I could not have imagined a better day, and without a doubt would reccomend the barn to any future bride and grooms, parties, events...etc.

If you're looking for a beautiful venue that's worth the money and requires very little decorating Furber farms is it. We only spent 900 dollars on flowers because the natural woods and beauty of the barn spoke for themselves. very clean, very well maintained. Angie and Wayne were great to work with as well.

Rodolfo · Married on 04/22/2016

My Wife and I were the 2016 Fairy Godmother Project MN recipients and the Folks at the Historic john P. Furber Farm were kind enough to donate their venue to our wedding package. We really can't thank you great Americans enough!!! and if donating their services wasn't enough, Wayne the owner is a VETERAN himself!!! so as you can see he is still sacrificing for others. The venue was beautiful and at a very relaxed setting. The building itself was absolutely gorgeous!! If you are looking for a fun venue then this is your place. Separate rooms for bridesmaids and groomsman's lets the fun begin early. The building is very spacious and very comfortable. If we had to get married again this would be the place, AGAIN!!! THANK YOU!!

This venue was a dream. The barn is beautiful inside and out (and this is coming from a bride who said "No Barns!!!" when looking for venues). The architecture is incredible and Angi & Wayne have done such a great job with every little detail of this place. The venue aside, both Angi & Wayne were amazing to work with. They went above and beyond and were so kind in the process (actually, we liked them so much that we even said they should come to the wedding as guests!). I have only great things to say about this spot – acoustics are amazing and it photographs beautifully too! I HIGHLY recommend this venue and will continue to tell everyone I know how awesome it is.

Jessica · event on: 10/30/2018

This venue was beautiful! So helpful for our event and great space on both top and main level. Fun atmosphere and very accommodating for all the guests! The owners are so kind and helpful.

Angie · Married on 09/02/2018

I had really wanted a barn venue for my wedding, after touring a few others that were just OK, we toured the Historic John P. Furber Farm and it completely blew us away. It is absolutely beautiful! We got many compliments from our guests about how nice and beautiful the venue was. The bridal suite is absolutely amazing! I had 9 girls in my wedding party and all of us and my mom and husband's mom had plenty of room to get ready for the day! It was so fun to be able to have our hair and makeup done on site and not have to worry about shuffling from one place to another. Angi and Wayne were great to work with and answered all my questions very promptly. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a rustic beautiful wedding venue that has everything you could want, including a beautiful outdoor ceremony site!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Angie!

Christine · Married on 08/31/2018

Historic John P. Furber farm was everything we wanted in a venue and more! We knew we wanted a rustic feel to our wedding but also had a strict budget to stay under. This was the first and only venue we looked at and left knowing 100% we wanted to book it! We had no desire to even look at other venues, that's how in love with it we were! Not only is the main room absolutely beautiful, but the groom's room and bridal suite are incredible! I love the fact that Angi said her husband made and designed a lot of the things in each room. It just brought a more "home" feel to everything! We also loved the huge grass area where we could have yard games, the large amount of parking spots, AND the kids room. Being a teacher, I wanted to make sure I had kids at my wedding but I also wanted kids to feel welcome! The kids room was the cherry on top of the cake! There is a whole room just for kids to hang out in! Another thing is that because of the beauty of the barn, we didn't need to do too much decorating! The barn itself is beautiful and we really only hung up some lights and did table settings. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone! I feel like most people who book barns are into the "country" feel of it. But we loved using this venue to meet our rustic bohemian theme! It was perfect!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Christine! We loved having your celebration at our barn!

Kaylee · Married on 07/07/2018

After touring about 15 different wedding venues before choosing the John P. Furber Farm for our wedding, I can honestly say it was hands down the best decision we made! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and we received SO MANY compliments on our venue! Angi was a wonderful contact person and helped us find the best vendors to help make our day extra special. The bridal suite was a DREAM, and we appreciated being able to bring in our own food for breakfast and lunch, so we didn’t have to leave the farm at all. Our non-dancing guests loved the outdoor yard game options that we offered on the gorgeous front lawn, and the kids really enjoyed the pinball machine! The Furber Farm truly has it all! I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a unique, gorgeous, memorable venue for your big day!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Historic John P. Furber Farm's reply:

Thank you very much Kaylee! A beautiful day for a beautiful wedding! Congratulations to Christopher and you!