Historic Hotel Bethlehem Reviews

Historic Hotel Bethlehem 5
Historic Hotel Bethlehem 6
Historic Hotel Bethlehem 7

mary · event on 10/16/2015

We used the Terrace room for a welcome reception the night before a wedding. The room was perfect for a casual evening get together. The staff and food was great and the room lends itself especially in the evening, of historic and vintage Bethlehem. Looking out to the town and Bethlehem Star up on the mountain was just spectacular. The staff was professional and friendly. One young staff member went out of her way looking for a basket that I had left behind way after they were closing down. Kudos to her and thats how nice these folks were. I would definitely use Hotel Bethlehem again. From the event manager, Kathy S., to wait staff I couldn't be more pleased.

Sent on 10/24/2015
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 08/15/2015

The perfect wedding venue!

If you’re looking for a wedding venue, the choice is easy - Hotel Bethlehem. Not only is the venue beautiful, but the cost is surprisingly affordable. We were lucky to work with Kelsey, one of the hotel’s Wedding Specialists. Kelsey was wonderful to work with and made the entire planning process extremely easy. She was always available to answer questions and willing to assist in any way. I can’t imagine trying to plan a wedding without her! You get so much for your money at Hotel Bethlehem, plus a beautiful setting, helpful staff, and outstanding accommodations for you and your guests. Kelsey and the rest of the team at Hotel Bethlehem were unbelievably accommodating and helped make our day unforgettable. Hotel Bethlehem even serves Penn State Creamery ice cream, so we were able to add it as a special dessert! All of our guests raved about Hotel Bethlehem and were so impressed with both the venue and the staff. We can’t say enough good things about Hotel Bethlehem and will certainly be back!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Cassandra · Married on 06/27/2015

Amazing venue. Beautiful. Terry did an incredible job organizing everything, explaining all details, and helping us with food options. Just an amazing experience working with the staff and celebrating our big day in such a place that wows guests with its historic grandeur. Just perfect. Oh. Food was excellent and the desert Flambe bar is a must!!!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Larry · Married on 05/09/2015

What a great venue for a wedding reception! The Gand Ballroom was simply beautiful and was exactly what we wanted for our special day! The hotel planner, Kathy S., was amazing in helping us to build the perfect party. From the beginning of the party with cocktails / appetizers on the balcony to dinner and dancing on the main ballroom floor later, all were prefectly executed by the hotel. The room and set-up, the food, the service...all made for a perfect night. If you are looking for a special event at a historic hotel, this is your place!

Sent on 06/30/2015

My husband and I were married in August 2014 and held our reception at Hotel Bethlehem. This was the perfect venue for us and I worked with both Terry and Kathy, both of whom provided great advice and assistance through the wedding planning process. One of the key reasons we chose Hotel Bethlehem is that we live in NYC (but are from the Lehigh Valley) and wanted a venue that matched our taste but also our budget. We also wanted a venue that could provide all the bells and whistles without us having to coordinate everything - this is the place to do it. Also, their preferred vendor list is long and full of amazing reputable vendors who can seamlessly coordinate with the Hotel for a stress free wedding day.

If that wasn't enough, our guests, who are a hard to please bunch, loved the venue and most stayed at the hotel for the entire weekend.

If I had to get married again (to the same man of course), I would not think twice about working with Hotel Bethlehem again.

Sent on 12/30/2014
  • Z

Zena · Married on 11/09/2013

Just had my wedding at Hotel Bethlehem, in the Grande Ballroom with about 190 guests. It was absolutely PERFECT. I rarely can say that, but night was flawless. The minute We walked into the hotel we knew we wanted to have our reception there. It is a beautiful hotel with exceptional service to match. The staff was professional and friendly at every turn. The BEST service came from my wedding coordinator, Kathy Sanders. She handled everything I threw at her, and with a smile. A true professional, if you work with her there is no need for an additional wedding planner. When I felt overwhelmed I would email her and she would reassure me that everything was taken care of. Kathy, along with the entire event staff, made my family and I feel like my day was their first priority. The day of my wedding, every time I looked there was Kathy or another staff member tending to me and my bridal party. Guests could not stop saying how beautiful everything was. So many people said they would come back to the hotel for a weekend getaway. It was the wedding of my dreams, at a top notch venue.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Pamela · Married on 11/02/2013

Our daughter and son-in-law were married at the hotel on November 2,2013. From our first meeting with Terry Marrow until we said good bye the night of the wedding, our experience could not have been better. Terry and the hotel staff worked very hard to provide the type of wedding that we envisioned for our daughter. They worked with us on the menu and made sure that the food at the cocktail hour and dinner were just what we wanted. Most of the guests were from out of town and loved staying at the hotel.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Amy · Married on 10/12/2013

My (now) Husband & I first fell in love with the Hotel Bethlehem during our visits to Celtic Fest. After our initial meeting with Kathy we were hooked, she laid everything out in black & white and even fulfilled a few specific requests which made us feel at ease with the reassurance that they would take care of everything. As our day approached, she met with us and went through our final details and even helped us with the table placements. The only thing we had to do was bring all our favors & centerpieces, w/a simple picture of what we wanted the tables to look like, a few days before and they made the Mural room absolutely stunning. When our day finally came it was complete stress free, my mother booked one of the corner suites, which my Husband & I had one as well as it was included in our package, for all the girls to get ready in. When the guys came they were ushered into one of the business suites that was later turned into the bridal party’s cocktail hour, fully stocked with what our guests were having, after the ceremony. As our ceremony was at the Cathedral Church of the Nativity, right down the street, they were able to let us use one of their shuttles to bring the families to and from the Church. **The annual Harvest Fest was taking place on our day and regardless of what is happening on the Main Street it will block off the whole street so just keep this in mind when you book. As we came back from the ceremony we were dropped of right in front of the hotel, with cheers from the Harvest Fest crowd, and were met by our hostess for the evening. She was there to keep an eye on us by letting us know when our food was ready and refill our drinks when needed, she even told me I needed to eat or rest when she felt I needed to. The whole experience with them made us feel like we were the only wedding that was taking place that night and in reality they were hosting 3 different ones that night.

Sent on 01/06/2014
  • Z

Zack · Married on 09/14/2013

I would recommend Hotel Bethlehem to anyone in the area. Absolutely perfect venue, staff & accommodations. The food was fantastic, the bartenders were friendly, the hotel staff was excellent & our wedding planner Kathy made sure every single detail was perfect. 11 out of 10. Excellent on every level.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Jillian · Married on 08/17/2013

Our reception was by far the most expensive part of our wedding budget, but the Hotel Bethlehem made it worth every penny. Terry was so helpful during the entire process and made sure that everything was perfect during our reception. It was seriously the most stress-free night of my life. Our maître d, Regina, was absolutely amazing. She helped get the leaves out of the train of my wedding dress, figured out my bustle when my bridesmaids couldn't, coordinated times of events so well with our DJs, and made sure that our centerpieces would be stored until we could put them in our car the next morning. I would definitely recommend staying at the hotel that night, as we spent the night in a beautiful suite. We were treated to a bottle of champagne, extra pieces of our wedding cake, and an arrangement of roses waiting for us in our room after the reception.

Sent on 08/22/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2012

Hotel Bethlehem was the perfect place for our vintage/elegant wedding! From the first time we stepped foot in the hotel, we knew we would get married there. We had our ceremony in the Mural Ballroom and our reception in the Grand Ballroom. Most of our out-of-town guests stayed in the hotel, too, making it a very convenient choice. We worked with Kathy Sanders, who was just outstanding. She was professional, personable, and responsive. She worked with us to make our wedding day perfect! On the day of the wedding, Kathy and the other staff we interacted with made sure that the day ran smoothly. I couldn't believe how everything came together so perfectly. The food was excellent, and I wish I would have eaten more! The hotel was just beautiful, and everything was set up exactly how I had imagined. The Grand Ballroom is just perfect for the reception, and I loved how the cocktail hour was in the balcony overlooking the ballroom. Looking back on pictures, I am so happy we chose Hotel Bethlehem for our wedding. Our guests were blown away by the ambience and service, and I would definitely recommend Hotel Bethlehem to all brides!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Cindi · Married on 05/25/2012

Hotel Bethlehem, is a beautiful, accommodating wedding venue.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Susan · Married on 03/24/2012

We had our reception in The Terrace Room and it was the most beautiful night you could imagine thanks to Kathy Sanders. She was so professional and knowledgeable and personable. The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly and efficient. Our special night went without a hitch and as we are approaching our first anniversary, it is a pleasure to reminisce how our life together first started at The Historic Hotel Bethlehem. Thank you Kathy.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Corinne · Married on 07/22/2011

I was so excited to have my wedding at the Hotel Bethlehem. Everything from food to ambiance was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We were married in the Mural Ballroom and had our reception in the Grand Ballroom. It was so nice to have everything at one place so guests did not have to worry about travel from ceremony to reception. We had numerous people stay at the Hotel that night and we provided them with a breakfast the next morning. The hotel staff decorated the tables for breakfast with center pieces from our reception. I wish I could do the whole night over because it was such a fabulous experience!

Sent on 01/25/2012
  • megmarfox

Megan · Married on 05/24/2009

Working w\ stacie cuda the hotel's corrdinator made everything so simply and hassel free. I recieved such great feedback from all my guests between how great the food was to how polite the service staff was. It was def such a great choice to use Hotel Bethlehem

Sent on 07/01/2009

Calvara · Married on 11/03/2012

Terry did an excellent job dealing with me and my wedding planner. We had a difficult time figuring out our table layout, and even right before our reception started, my wedding planner move our head table (which was fine, but the wedding planner should have moved the table numbers for my mom and dad's tables to be closer to us at our new location - no fault of Terry's)! Terry and her team was very helpful during the reception by making sure I got fed by following me around with a plate of food - it would have been better if they actually fed me - lol kidding. There was one annoying blip - before Terry, we were working with another person. In our contract it said 6% sales tax, and service fee - it didn't note what the service fee was, so I thought it was 6%. Later after that person quit, we were assigned Terry Marrow. When we received our 1st event order from her in Aug. (7 weeks before our wedding), we never saw the 20% service fee, and it was never pointed out (our fault). It wasn't until 10/24 (two weeks before our wedding) when we realized we owed A LOT more money than we anticipated. Even if we did realize it back in Aug. it was still a lot on money to come up with within 7 weeks, imagine 2 weeks! We pulled it off, but wish we knew sooner so that we could have planned better since we were ahead on our payment schedule.

Thank you Terry and Team for dealing with me and Jose during this crazy time! You and your team did an excellent job.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Courtney · Married on 10/17/2010

The newly renovated hotel was the perfect choice for our reception. Their food is excellent, the service was impeccable as the staff went above and beyond our expectations for the evening. The space available to us was just perfect, and the ability to stay there after the reception was so wonderful for us and our guests.

Sent on 01/30/2011

Bonnee · Married on 07/30/2016

Such a beautiful, elegant venue for our wedding reception. Our breath was taken away with how classy and beautiful everything looked! We had the grand ballroom which was so gorgeous and the cocktail hour on the balcony overlooking the ballroom was to die for. Terry was great to work with, was very accommodating with any requests we had, and was very professional! The whole staff the day of the wedding were also a pleasure and made sure everything went smoothly. Our guests were SO impressed with the reception, food, staff, and their hotel rooms. It was by far, the most beautiful evening at such a historic place!

Sent on 08/10/2016

We used Hotel Bethlehem for a post-wedding brunch for out-of-town guests, as well as for accommodations for some of our guests. The rooms were great and everyone just loved being in the heart of downtown Bethlehem. The brunch we planned was absolutely perfect - food was great and plentiful, service was excellent. Our event was from 8:30 - 11:30 am in the Lehigh Room, which could accommodate up to 36 people comfortably. My contract guaranteed 25 people, and in the end we had (in and out) 37 people plus a few children. Not inexpensive (about $28++ pp plus a room rental fee of $250), but we thought worth it. It was relaxed and beautiful and couldn't have been a nicer way to end our wedding festivities.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Cathy · Married on 04/26/2015

Kathy Sanders was the best!! The Hotel Bethlehem provides the entire wedding experience with the staff to make it happen. I had a small wedding of about 50 people and I got married in the Terrace Room on a Sunday afternoon, everything seemed to work out perfect and the weather was just right. The staff at the Hotel went out of their way to ensure that my day was stress free. The staff also accommodated my out of town guests and made the whole experience great.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Our wedding reception was at 1741 on the Terrace.
    It was beautiful!
    Kathy Sanders was our main contact person and she really was a huge help with the planning! She gave us a timeline for getting things done, suggested vendors (DJ), and really made me relaxed.
    I knew that once the reception started, I would be able to relax and enjoy the evening! It was wonderful.
    The entire staff is professional, and I am so happy that we had our wedding there.

Sent on 01/17/2015

We just had our wedding reception here on December 19th and it was absolutely a dream come true. Terry our planner was amazing. I could email her any time of day and she would answer, which by the last month happened very frequently. The service was amazing. The servers were constantly checking on us and trying to make us comfortable. The food was AMAZING! Of course, the decor was breath taking. Everyone was very professional and made it amazing. I honestly could not have chosen a better venue. It is so historic and gave it that 'vintage' feel that I wanted. We are now planning on going every year to visit on our anniversary! I truly recommend this to anyone looking!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Hotel Bethlehem was the perfect venue for our wedding. You do have to make sure you are willing to spend some money, and Saturday weddings come with a minimum, but they work with you to make sure you are getting your money's worth. Everyone was blown away by our wedding in the Grande Ballroom. Kathy made sure the plan was executed perfectly and Regina was the best!! She is with you every step of the night making sure you are stress-free and don't have to worry about anything! You also get a complimentary suite for the night and they decorate it with rose petals and champagne :) perfect night and perfect wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Linda · Married on 06/15/2013

I had my small wedding reception in the Terrace Room at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem and overall, I am Very pleased with everything! I had requested a special/different set up than the normal round tables and Kathy, the event coordinator, made sure to make it work so I would be happy. I was extremely pleased with the professionalism of the staff during the entire reception. There were a few things that we paid for and I didn't see, but nobody else noticed, so I didn't make a big deal about it to the staff. Everyone had a great night and loved the staff on hand. If I had any issues, they made sure to resolve it immediately. I rated "responsiveness a 4 because I felt that I didn't always get an immediate response from Kathy. But in the end, she made sure that I got everything I wanted, and I was happy. I will definitely recommend the Hotel Bethlehem for anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 06/22/2013

Taylor · Married on 09/16/2011

My wedding was WONDERFUL and so much of that was thanks to the wonderful people at Hotel Bethlehem, especially the special events coordinator, Kathy Sanders.

Kathy did an absolutely wonderful job. From the purple uplighting in the room, to her help with getting the table cloths from Action Party Rentals, everything looked beautiful. I had only ever been to 1 other wedding in my adult life, and didn't really know how the timeline of everything was supposed to go, and Kathy was able to help me out with that.

We had both our ceremony and reception in the Terrace Room at the hotel. Cocktail hour was in the lobby right outside the room. Due to a variety of reasons, the hotel was not able to remove the dinner tables from the room during the ceremony (which we knew would be the case before we booked). They arranged the tables in a half moon layout during the ceremony, and it looked great.

During the cocktail hour, we had a ton of food and drink, and I haven't heard one bad word about the quality of the food. People were excited because of all of the options, and because the food was just plain tasty.

The hospitality suite that was provided for the wedding party was really great. We had most (if not all) of the appetizers that were provided downstairs during the cocktail hour, along with cocktails. It was nice to take a few moments away from all the hustle and bustle to just breathe and relax for a second before everyone got introduced.

During the reception, the Hotel set up purple uplighting around the room, which was a big hit. We also had a flambe station at the end of the night, which people enjoyed. We also heard from MANY guests that the waitstaff at the hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful.

We always knew we wanted to have our wedding at the hotel, and they definitely did not disappoint. The hotel itself is beautiful and was a wonderful backdrop. But the people behind the scenes who went the extra mile and treated everyone so wonderfully really made the difference.

Sent on 09/27/2011