The Classic Fullerton Ballroom Reviews

The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 5
  • Judee

Judee Schumacher Pronovost · Married on 05/06/2019

Dance the Night Away at the Fullerton Ballroom

For eight years the Admiral Nelson Ball has been held here at the Fullerton Ballroom, an historical site built back in the 1920s. We use the ballroom which easily accommodates about one hundred period dancers and has areas on both sides of the room which give those seated there unfettered access to the view. The Amerige Room, just a few steps away, is perfect for serving finger food. We especially appreciate the small room off the lobby for ladies to change into their period attire. The staff at the ballroom is easy to work with and very friendly.

The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 6
    The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 7
    The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 8
    The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 9
    The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 10
    Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Tom

Tom Morris · Married on 01/09/2019

Highly recommended for large social gatherings

We booked the hall for my son’s wedding shower in May 2019. The event hosted about 50 guests. The facility was partitioned into three main, connected spaces: the main hall, the lobby, and the kitchen.

Main hall. The main hall is a large room with a sturdy wood floor (perfect for dancing), very high ceiling (maybe 20 feet), abundant chandeliers for lighting, a small stage, and cushioned seating along the sides. The room was equipped with an amplified audio system that boomed music from our mobile devices – attached using a mini-jack. We also used a wireless hand-held microphone that was great for communicating to our noisy guests across such a large space. We set up eight tables for our guests and two tables for food, and still had lots of free open space for moving around.

Lobby. The lobby is attached to the main hall through two large doors at the back of the hall. It is carpeted, spacious and proved to be a welcoming space for our arriving guests. The lobby is equipped with a bar made out of substantial hardwood and was an attractive spot for guests lean against and fill up on beer, wine and soft drinks. The hired bartender had plenty of room to store his supplies of drinks, cups, tapper, and ice. Yea, the lobby had a nice feel. And because of this, I would recommend that your pre-meal hors d'oeuvres and snacks be placed in the lobby, and not in the main hall.

Restrooms. Very clean and spacious Men’s and Women’s restrooms are attached to the lobby.

Kitchen. The kitchen is across a corridor at the corner of the front of the hall. This short corridor basically is the landing for the back entrance to the facility. Stairs and elevator dump onto the corridor and, voila, there is the kitchen too. The kitchen isn’t large. It’s about the size the kitchen in your house. Maybe a bit smaller. It is equipped with lots of counter space for conducting food operations. There is a standard refrigerator, and sink. The small size of the kitchen was the only “not great” feature of the facility. Still, all food-related operations proceeded without a hitch.

Loading and unloading. There is a “loading Zone” (yellow curb) directly adjacent to the back entrance of the building. Up to two vehicles can park there. This was very convenient for loading/unloading gear, food, and drinks. The path to the hall from the loading zone is very direct – from the loading zone, enter the building, then the stairs and the elevator are right there. Go to the second floor and land just outside the kitchen.

Parking. It is free to park in lots near the facility. This hall is located in a spot in Fullerton that is very popular for nightlife activities. There is a bunch of clubs, restaurants, and pubs in the immediate vicinity. As a result, we found that getting a parking spot close to the hall… well it didn’t happen. So we found parking easily enough in the nearby city parking structure (free), and in the lot near the train station (free). Since the parking lots and parking structure are very well lit at night, and since there was bubbly activity of people out for the evening, we always felt safe as we walked to our car late at night.

Train station. One additional item to consider. The hall is located across the parking lot from the Fullerton train station. Depending on the timing of your event, your guests might want to consider riding the Amtrak or the Metrolink to your event. But remember to confirm train schedules because weekend schedules are different from weekday schedules.

Finally, we found this hall to be a classy, attractive and feature-filled venue that supported all our activities, including socializing, dining, program presentation, music, and dancing. Logistics were easily supported by the adjacent loading zone, stairs, elevator and kitchen. We would definitely book this facility again if we had the need. In the meantime, I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a spacious facility to host your important social gatherings.

The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 11
    The Classic Fullerton Ballroom 12
    Sent on 05/24/2019

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2017

Perfect venue for party people!

The Fullerton Ballroom was the perfect wedding venue for our reception! We rented the entire second floor and had our cocktail hour in the main lobby while our bridal party was taking pictures. We had 170 guests attend our wedding. The side tables, on each side of the main ballroom, were a unique feature that our guests loved. It seated about 50 guests and made our reception much more intimate, as our guests were facing in toward the center of the room. With this set up, we were still able to have a good size dance floor. This was important to us because our guests LOVE to dance and party! The Amerige Room, next to the main ballroom, was perfect for our buffet style dinner. The lobby felt very cozy. Our guests were able conversate and mingle when they were not in the main events room. The main ballroom was a favorite feature of the venue. Additional decorations, such as flowers, lights, and drapery, were not needed. The venue has so much character all on its own. Like I said before, my people love to party. At the end our reception, we invited all our guests to come to Downtown Fullerton to continue the party. I would say about 25% of our guests came out with us to continue the celebration and it was so easy to head straight downstairs to the bar on the first floor. If you have always dreamed of having your reception in a historical venue, don’t pass up this place. Many thanks to the Fullerton Ballroom for hosting our wedding reception, it was a magical day that we will never forget!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Niquelle · Married on 12/31/2014

I'm sure I got on the staff nerve while planning my event. However, they were very friendly and never showed signs of frustration.

Sent on 03/29/2015

The Ballroom was everything I could have hoped for for my wedding. All of my guests loved that we had the reception in a real ballroom. Kim made my day extra special with all her small touches.

Sent on 05/02/2013

Nadiah · Married on 09/08/2012

This venue is amazing! Very affordable and the exact atmosphere for my retro inspired wedding. many of my guests couldn't stop talking about how pretty the venue was. The wedding coordinator at the ballroom, Kim, is one of the best people to work with. She is so sweet and super helpful...any question I had she answered right away. She never made a fuss when our appointments ran a little over...she really makes you feel like you are her number one priority. She also has a great list of vendors you can choose from. It really helps the wedding run smoothly since they are familiar with the ballroom. Here are a few of the vendors I used:

Food: Summit Events and worked with veronica medrano who is also amazing.

DJ: Kim actually suggested him, was Justin Garcia from Waveform Events.

Linen and Lighting: again I went with Kim's pick...his name is Oscar and he did a great job.

Cake: Patty's Cakes.

i trusted Kim's judgement a lot and I do not regret it. I definitely recommend checking this place out!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Vanessa · Married on 06/23/2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place and Kim! She was AMAZING! We love her, our kids lover her too! She was so professional full of great ideas. We were all intertwined. When we walked into the ballroom we fell in love and even better when we walked into her office she had the exact same painting we did! At that moment we knew that place & her were the perfect match for us. She was extremely accommodating. (Especially since we had some possible party crashers) she took care of that with the amazing security staff she has on site. We choose all suggested vendors by Miss. Kim and they were all amazing. Over all our experience with the site and KIM were PERFECT! 5 stars ALL the way (times infinity) <3 =D
    Vanessa & Anthony Marciano

Sent on 05/16/2013

Rene · Married on 05/05/2012

To Kim and Her Staff, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What a great place to have a wedding reception. Kim always greeted us with a smile and always was there to help us out in anything we needed. We knew the Ballroom would be ready to go by the time we got there and the recommendations she made were perfect.
    Thank you again!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Tanya · Married on 03/24/2012

We just got married last month & I am soooo happy we chose to have our reception at the ballroom!! The place was so beautiful, elegant and just what I envisioned for our wedding! Kim was awesome!! She really listened to our ideas and took care of our event wonderfully!! Great price and beautiful place ! I am very thankful to Kim and the whole staff- very professional and simply NICE people! :)) thanks so much! ;)

Sent on 04/23/2012

Brandi · Married on 05/01/2010

We could not have been happier with this location. So much character and charm. The staff was a pleasure to work with. The location is beautiful on it's own, but breathtaking once decorated and filled with candlelight. I highly recommend it.

Sent on 06/01/2010

nancy · Married on 11/23/1998

I really had a great time and found the staff at this location pleasant and a easy to work with. It made one less detail to worry about on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/13/2007

Heather · Married on 07/23/2011

This place ended up putting me over budget, but it was worth every penny. The person in charge, Kim was an absolute sweetheart and joy to work with. After talking to me she figured out my likes and dislikes and helped me incorporate it into my wedding. The security that was hired were awesome as well. If you have a choice, definitely go with all vendors Kim recommends, because she definitely knows what she is doing. I am going to keep this place in mind for future family events.

Sent on 10/16/2011
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 04/30/2011

The Historic Ballroom was the perfect place for my wedding! I was looking for a place with vintage feel and as soon as I stepped in, I knew this was the place. It instantly took me back to the 1940's! Kim was amazingly helpful, very supportive in anything we asked. She even recommended inexpensive bar and linens services which we used! She made it happen and made the ballroom look romantic like I wanted! She was very flexible with the payments if we needed an extra week or few days. All my guests thought the ballroom was so me and just loved the wood all over and the feel of it :) The place was extremely awesome and I would recommend it completely to anyone looking for a vintage wedding feel!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Robin · Married on 09/23/2006

Absolutely amazing! Once it was all decorated by my family - it looked amazing! They were super helpful and on top of everything! It was really nice that we were able to bring an outside vendor for food and drinks.

Sent on 06/06/2007

Rebecca · Married on 12/01/2012

3.4
      3.0
      1.0
      3.0

This site is gorgeous! It was perfect for our wedding reception- the size and location are great! I loved the look and it is beautiful in our photos.
    I did feel this venue was pretty pricey however- all that came included was tables set up and 2 security guards which are required if you have alcohol.
    As for contacting and dealing with the logistics with the site event coordinator- this is where I had mixed feelings. Kim is a very sweet, helpful person. But at times she stressed me out because she would ask me questions and would want a response immediately- like call and email more than once in a day. Planning your own wedding is hard enough without the venue asking you for vendor contact information and counts in a panic. Kim would also ask me questions more than once- I assume if she didn't write it down she didn't remember because she is coordinating so many events- but even with in the same phone call she would ask me for information I had just given her a few minutes before... slightly annoying. My last complaint was the fact that there were several things my husband and I wanted to do that were not so traditional- such as a dessert bar instead of a wedding cake, a restaurant was hired with outside servers instead of a caterer, and the decorations/centerpieces were all hand made by me instead of a florist/coordinator- this all seemed to really throw Kim off and made things more difficult than they should have been.
    That all being said I really did like Kim as a person though- she was genuinely excited about our wedding and cared about the event. I think if you have a more traditional wedding and a wedding coordinator- this venue site is an amazing choice for a wedding!

Sent on 02/02/2013

The Classic Fullerton Ballroom's reply:

For the benefit of future clients and defense of all the hard-work that was put into this event being successful, I will respond to Rebecca's review. Before booking, it was clearly explained to Rebecca that our venue is best suited for 'catered' events. She claims we were not 'flexible' although we allowed pizzas to be delivered for her reception, plus the use of one of our ballrooms at no charge. When the client's details are not clear in regards to the event...I will ask as many times as necessary to confirm. Some of our most beautiful events our clients have incorporated their own decorations and centerpieces. I encourage this and only request that I may approve the planned decorations. In Rebecca's case, her 'hand-made' centerpieces were filled with pine cones and candles. As guests were eating, several centerpieces began to billow smoke because the pinecones ignited by the flame of the candle. Our security guards rushed to extinguish her centerpieces so that the smoke alarms would not go off. In reference to 'security guards' - they are required at all events, not just the ones with alcohol. The outline of the ballroom fees and what it includes is always explained in detail to our clients before booking so they can determine if it bests suits the type of event they are having. Bottom line, our clients and their events are very important to us and we do whatever is necessary to make their event successful.