Historic Carnton Plantation Reviews

Historic Carnton Plantation 5
Historic Carnton Plantation 6
Historic Carnton Plantation 7

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2013

Carnton Plantation is an absolutely gorgeous venue and wonderful for both a wedding ceremony and a reception. I loved having both these events on the same campus but in different spaces on the plantation. I love that Carnton is a private setting by still close to Franklin, TN and relatively close to Nashville. Leigh Baucom was wonderful to work with and went out of her way to be helpful. My fiance (now husband) and I could only come see the venue together on a Sunday and she not only accommodated but gave us a comprehensive tour and took a significant amount of time with us. The only challenging thing about Carnton is that you have to bring everything in for your event (e.g. food, drinks, chairs, tents), but Leigh did a wonderful job of providing us with a comprehensive list of preferred vendors. I also liked being able to customize our event! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/01/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2011

3.5

The event coordinator and her staff at this venue were extremely responsive, professional and went above and beyond to help make our wedding spectacular! This place is magical and provided the most amazing backdrop for our special day. If you're looking for a beautiful outdoor place, this has to be considered! The staff also makes it an easy choice as well!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Janet · Married on 06/10/2017

3.0

You have to use several of their vendors, which makes sense, but keep it in mind when you use them. Absolutely loved working with them to make our day perfect! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

3.5

We absolutely LOVED getting married at Carnton Plantation - the home and lawns and gardens are just stunning. Almost all of our guests were from out of town and they loved feeling like they were out in the country while being able to stay in downtown Nashville - it was such a great experience for everyone! The person in the events role at the venue switched a couple of months before my wedding and it was handled so well - I never noticed a drop in service. I loved working with them! The only thing I would suggest to someone checking them out is to full understand a full picture of pricing before you sign the dotted line. Huge plus: they let you bring in your own alcohol (which is a huge money saver!!) However, we broke the bank on a tent/tables/chairs/linens/dancefloor/stage (mostly because they have one preferred vendor for all of these items, Southern Events); it could have been worth our time to look at venues that had these things included in the pricing. Otherwise, they offered a great selection of caterers and we felt like that was an easy/cost effective decision. All in all, it really was the best we could have asked for!!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Anna · Married on 04/18/2015

Carnton is beautiful! Morgan has been helping us get everything ready and she has been very accommodating. She lets us come there whenever we want to show people the venue. It is exactly what I wanted in a venue. I'm so glad we found it. And I'm glad our guests will get a taste of franklin.

Sent on 01/17/2015

3.5

Overall, we were very happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Carnton Plantation in Franklin, TN. The only thing that I wish was different on that day was the bridal suite. It was 107 degrees that day and their air conditioning unit wasn't strong enough to keep the bridal suite cool. What a disaster. Myself, along with my bridesmaids, were sweating puddles. Thankfully, we were able to stay in the 78-degree room until the last minute, touching up makeup/hair. If this had not been an issue, this day would have gone a lot smoother, regarding pictures, feeling/looking our best.

Other than that, I highly recommend Carnton Plantation. Leigh is such a sweetheart and really helps the planning process. The gardens were in perfect bloom and our ceremony was a dream - a fantasy. Looking back at the pictures, you wouldn't know that we were sweating buckets. But we were. LOL

Sent on 07/18/2012

Hailey · Married on 07/10/2010

1.0

The place was great and SOOO perfect for our wedding. It was gorgeous. The only thing we did not like was the cost. We paid $3,000 just to have our wedding there, and nothing else was included. I think some things such as chairs, or tables, or something could be thrown in with that cost, or maybe the cost could be lowered. But, all in all, the place was great.

Sent on 08/09/2010
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 07/19/2008

3.5

Carnton Plantation is a beautiful place to have your wedding. Not only is it a fun historical site, but your guests will be captivated by its natural beauty! The workers there are friendly and usually pretty quick to respond to any questions. However, the only downfall is that it seems everyone works on a different page. We had one person tell us we had to have the reception end by 11pm and then the other person said it didn't matter what time we ended. They are a little strict about some rules that seem to be silly to begin with. Overall, we had a very good experience and have been back to Carnton for other events since our wedding.

Sent on 07/29/2008

Annie · Married on 11/03/2007

2.8
      2.5
      2.0

The plantation is gorgeous. However, if you have a wedding during the day prepare to have tourists watching. They do not stop giving tours when you rent the place for a wedding. They almost closed the place up on Friday night when we were about to have our rehearsal. The sprinklers came on minutes after the wedding was over (thank God).

Sent on 11/12/2007