Historic Carnton Plantation Reviews

Historic Carnton Plantation 5
Historic Carnton Plantation 6
Historic Carnton Plantation 7

Raina · Married on 12/09/2017

Carnton is not only one of the loveliest places for a wedding the staff is absolutely exceptional. Not a single detail goes overlooked. They are truly top quality and their three event spaces ensure that there is something for everyone to choose from. As an event planner, it is always a delight to celebrate our brides special day at this gorgeous plantation!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Kayla · Married on 09/02/2017

There are seriously not enough words to describe how AMAZING it was to work with Jayde and the entire Carnton team for my wedding day! Being an event planner from San Diego, who chose to have a destination wedding, meant I would be planning from 2,000+ miles away! Well, even with all the miles between us, Jayde made us feel right at home and helped with every little detail!

My husband and I looked at over 20 venues in Nashville for our wedding and it took only one look at the Carnton Plantation for to know it was perfect! (**You know the venue is gorgeous when we fell in love in the dead of winter with barely any flowers in bloom and the temp being in the low 30’s!) The grounds are impeccable and the entire Carnton team, especially Jayde, made sure every detail was perfect for our wedding day!

There is truly no doubt in my mind that our wedding would not have been half as beautiful or fun without the venue and Jayde! With Hurricane Harvey bringing in lots of rain and storms we were incredibly stressed about potential flooding at the venue and our COMPLETELY outdoor wedding being called off. However, Jayde never seemed to worry and always kept us calm, and I am happy to say that we woke up on the day of our wedding to sunshine and gorgeous weather!

Honestly, no review can do this venue and their amazing team justice. My only advice is to go see the venue in person, have a cup of tea/coffee with Jayde, and let the venue and Jayde show you that southern hospitality and grace are not dead! They are living on strong at the Carnotn Plantation!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Historic Carnton Plantation 15
    Historic Carnton Plantation 16
    Historic Carnton Plantation 17

Lyn · Married on 05/27/2017

Beautiful setting for our daughters wedding reception. Megan, the wedding planner was top notch, went above and beyond to make it lovely.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Stacey · Married on 04/08/2017

I don't think I could write a review to accurately describe what it meant to us to get married at Carnton Plantation. We live down the street and wanted a venue of significance that would always be there even on our 50th Anniversary! Now, every time we drive by, my husband and let out a collective "aww." Jayde, the onsite coordinator, was instrumental in making what so many of our guests called "the most gorgeous and meaningful wedding they've ever attended." We opened the house for tours during cocktail hour which was a huge hit! With the gardens just reaching their greenest stage and the gorgeous mansion in the background, we could have scraped every flower and rental and it would have been just as beautiful (but I'm glad we didn't :) ). And the Osage tree. Don't even get me started on the Osage tree. Thank you Carnton for setting the stage for the BEST DAY EVER!!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/21/2015

The venue speaks for itself. It is absolutely gorgeous! Getting married under the big Osage tree is so memorable and saturated with history. The gardens are kept up beautifully and a great place for photo ops! Meagan the event planner that you can hire with the venue is amazing! She made sure every detail was addressed and carried out. Everyone was so great to work with and the tours of the house for our wedding guests was a nice added touch. Simply beautiful as a venue!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/15/2014

Beautiful outdoor wedding. I can't wait to get my amazing pictures back. Absolutely gorgeous scenery.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Laurie · Married on 07/20/2014

I worked with Meagan from nearly 800 miles away . She was a joy to work with and the wedding and reception were flawless!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Everyone at Carnton Plantation did an excellent job and were a pleasure to work with during the planning of my wedding up to our special day!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Carnton Plantation is a gorgeous venue and we were thrilled to book there. The staff made the process so easy and fun! My concerns/questions were always met promptly and politely. I am very pleased with this vendor and would recommend it to anyone who is getting married or throwing a large event.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Megan · Married on 09/21/2013

We had a wonderful experience having our wedding at Carnton. The venue is not only breathtaking but the people who work there are so friendly. It's obvious they really care about the plantation and the quality of your experience. I was informed of everything involved with booking with them every step of the way. There were no surprises. My emails and calls were always promptly answered. The venue is very flexible. You do have to use their vendors but they have a substantial list and we were pleased with all the vendors we chose. We highly recommend Carnton to anyone for their wedding!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Alex · Married on 09/02/2013

I had the most beautiful wedding ever at the Carnton Plantation! The staff is so helpful, professional, knowledgeable and great to work with. BIG THANKS to Leigh. She went above and beyond my expectations and made my wedding day go smoothly without any problems. I recommend the Carnton Plantation to everyone!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

The entire group was great. They helped corrdinate the entire wedding professionally and with a personal touch. It was the perfect location for our wedding. Thanks again for everything.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Elisa · Married on 10/04/2012

I love this place! My wedding so beautiful and all my guests were amazed with everything. Leigh Bawcom is so helpful and really does what she can to help you out. My day was just perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2012
  • User2057262 · 2+ years ago

Wonderful venue. Photo opportunities are endless. Easy to work with. Very supportive staff.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/09/2012

Leigh was amazing to work with. The Carnton was a beautiful location!!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Beverly · Married on 05/19/2012

Carnton provided a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding. The grounds were maintained and perfect for a traditional southern wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Kathryn · Married on 04/28/2012

Canton is such a beautiful location and I am so happy to say that my husband and I were married there. The experience was AMAZING. We both loved the history behind the venue and the present beauty. Leigh at Carnton was WONDERFUL to work with. Very professional and friendly and willing to help out in any way she was able. She provided a lot of suggestions for vendors and didn't steer us wrong with any of them. If you are thinking about Carton for your wedding site you wont be disappointed (Just be sure to get a tent in case of rain).

Sent on 05/18/2012

Lanie · Married on 05/25/2014

This venue is absolutely amazing. They do so many weddings here and everything on the wedding day goes so smoothly. Meagan (planner at Carnton) is amazing and I feel like i walked away with a friend!

If you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL outside wedding location, Carnton is the place to be.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/17/2018

Having grown up in Franklin, TN it was always a dream to get married at the Carnton Plantation. I wasnt sure if it would financially be realistic but upon viewing the venue with Jayde I knew I couldn’t get marrried anywhere else!! Thankfully with the Winter discounted rate we were able to afford the wedding of my dreams!!
    Jayde is hands-down phenomenal to work with. She takes such care and attention to detail. I cant imagine going back and doing the day without her. The communication and correspondence were impeccable throughout the process. Hiring her for our wedding coordinator was the best money spent!!
    The venue itself is just breathtaking. I adored our beautiful March wedding under the Osage Orange tree. The tree doesn’t have any leaves in the early spring which makes for a gorgeous rustic backdrop and full visibility to the Carnton in the background. Just incredible. Our photos turned out amazing throughout the property, especially those in front of the house on the brick walkway.
    One thing to note is that there are several preferred vendors you’re required to work with. Jayde went out of her way with flexibility when it came to a few items but the lighting and event rental companies you May use are non-negotiable.
    Overall I 100% recommend the Carnton as an ideal wedding venue in Middle Tennessee!!

Sent on 03/31/2018
    Historic Carnton Plantation 18
    Historic Carnton Plantation 19

Historic Carnton Plantation's reply:

Amanda,
    Thank you for your kind and gracious review. It was such an honor to work with you. You made the absolute most gorgeous bride! I wish you and Jordan many years of wedded bliss. - Jayde

Chelsea · Married on 09/26/2015

When we first looked at Carnton Plantation for our wedding, we instantly knew that was where we wanted to get married. It is absolutely stunning! We married under the Osage Orange tree in the garden and had the reception on the back porch of the Fleming Center. We opened the Mansion for our guests to tour and they loved it! Carnton has such a rich history and our guests loved learning more about the Plantation. We worked with Brittany throughout the planning process and she is the sweetest! She was very helpful in answering any questions and making suggestions.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Rachelle · Married on 08/09/2012

For the package I bought, everything was perfect! Lea was so easy to work with and was able to answer everything I had questions about. One thing I didn't like was that I had to use their choice of vendor for seating and tables and what not, but I completely understand why so I'm not too upset lol. We are totally considering holding our renewal here in a couple of years. I can't tell you more how easy and perfect everything was.

Sent on 03/17/2013

Grayson · Married on 07/17/2010

The Carnton Plantation was a wonderful venue to have our reception. The coordinator there was very helpful and informative. Our wedding was perfect and we would not change anything about our reception!

Sent on 08/10/2010

Meagan · Married on 05/17/2008

We absolutely loved Carnton Plantation! It is a beautiful venue with gorgeous natural surroundings that require no decorating at all. They underwent a change in wedding coordinators while we were planning, but the transition, at least for us, went relatively smoothly. They were extremely flexible and quick to answer my questions. There were tours going on during the day, but that's understandable.... there's a wedding there almost every weekend and they would lose TONS of money by closing the plantation everytime there was a wedding. We didn't start our ceremony until almost 6 so the tourists were gone before we started. The only issue we had with them was that after the reception, our families were unsure where to put the garbage bags so they left them neatly stacked under the tent. The wedding coordinator called freaking out that we had left the place a mess and there was garbage everywhere; my family drove an hour and half to find 3 pieces of dry garbage on the ground. Other than that, we loved the plantation and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 09/06/2008

Beth · Married on 07/07/2007

The Carnton Plantation was a perfect venue for our summer wedding and reception. The garden's were absolutely beautiful and it the location was great for our guests who were from Illinois and Minnesota! I can't tell you how many people we've had tell us our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they've ever seen because of the gorgeous tree we married under, the gardens, and the house itself. As our party favor, we opened the Carnton to guests for a tour while we took our photos after the wedding. It gave the guests something to do while we took our pictures and it was really interesting too!

Sent on 01/01/2008

Leah · Married on 05/10/2014

Hands down the most beautiful wedding venue in the history of outdoor wedding venues! Every single person that attended our wedding said how stunning it was and how it was the perfect "Southern wedding." The landscape and all the views are so spectacular you really don't have to do any extra decor. We didn't hang anything from trees or add anything really other than flowers and lights and it was still breathtakingly beautiful. The history of the plantation is really awesome too and you can open the plantation home during cocktail hour for your guests to get some background on the plantation and I'd highly recommend that as well because it gives the guests a chance to learn the history behind the beautiful venue. You can bring in any outside vendors as well, which is nice. Only vendor youre required to use is Music City Tents and Events (which we had an awful time with). But because the venue is literally JUST a location, remember you have to bring in everything else, including power. It can get pricey but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it. It makes for a stunning site!! All in all, wonderful wonderful place!

Sent on 06/05/2014