Historic Boxwood Inn Reviews

Historic Boxwood Inn 1
  • Peter

Peter · Getting married on 01/23/2020

Cenzalli Photography

We had a wedding we photographed over the weekend and it was absolutely beautiful! Everything was set up very nicely and on point. Would definitely recommend this venue to new clients.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Historic Boxwood Inn's reply:

Thank you Peter for the raving review. We appreciate you taking time to compliment us. It means a lot!

Janet · Married on 06/06/2014

I am very late in writing a review for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner but it was a total success. We met with Kathy and her son and she made sure that we had everything we needed. The food was delicious, the decor was unique and everyone in attendance was so impressed with the venue. Our guests from Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Geogia as well as Virginia could not stop giving compliments on the location, food, service, etc. It was a perfect night for a perfect send off for our son and new daughter-in-law. We highly recommend for anyone who is looking for quality food, service, assistance and quaint location for an event to book the Boxwood Inn. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/13/2013

I was very nervous about booking a reception venue and am SO glad that I chose the Boxwood Inn B&B! Kathy took care of everything from linen rentals to catering--and even had a variety of centerpieces for me to choose from for the tables. This made my end of planning much easier as I knew that Kathy had everything under control. The food was amazing--we got so many compliments from our guests on the food and atmosphere. I highly recommend attending one of Kathy's sampling events to taste the catering options.

We had 75 guests and used the entire indoor space (parlors, general store and back porch) for the reception. They also hold outdoor receptions and ceremonies which would accommodate a larger party, but I'm very glad we booked everything indoors as it poured rain on our wedding day. We held a smaller rehearsal dinner there the night before and were so pleased at how intimate and comfortable it was. My family and maid of honor stayed in the B &B rooms over the weekend and loved their stay.

I was very pleased with the value of the Boxwood Inn--Kathy worked with my budget and gave me a wonderful wedding weekend with fantastic food! A beautiful atmosphere for an antique or garden wedding--and no worrying!

Sent on 03/28/2014
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 11/02/2019

Owners very accommodating for our wedding

The venue and ambiance was the perfect fit for our wedding. What a special place to celebrate our big day!

Historic Boxwood Inn 2
    Sent on 11/13/2019

Historic Boxwood Inn's reply:

Thanks so much Angela. You and David are a wonderful couple and we wish you many many joy filled years together! We appreciate you trusting us with your wedding..... Lisa Murray

Joe · Married on 10/06/2012

I was not familiar with the Boxwood Inn when it was suggested for my daughter's wedding. My wife, daughter and I went to several dinners there before we decided. The food was fantastic and Cathy, the owner, discussed options for a wedding. WOW, she knows her business. We had the wedding there and it was perfect. We had 125 people for an outside wedding; coctails and hors d'oeuvres in the tent area and dinner inside the charming Boxwood Inn; then, dancing and reception in the tent outside. Cathy gave us options for each requested choice. I have had numerous guests tell me that this was the best wedding that they ever attended. It certainly was the best one for me. Cathy kept the event moving and suggested things that made the evening go very smooth. If you decide to have your event there and Cathy suggests the Gourmet Grilled Cheese station--DO IT. Believe me, it was very popular. There were things that I questioned, but we put our trust in Cathy. She made it worth while. And, Josh, the Chef, has to be the best kept secret in the state. The food, from start to finish, was fantastic. I look forward to returning to the Boxwood Inn.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Historic Boxwood Inn's reply:

We are very glad to hear that your experience at our beautiful inn was wonderful. Thank you very much for your kind words. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this special celebration! We look forward to your next visit!