Historic Acres of Hershey Reviews

Historic Acres of Hershey 5
Historic Acres of Hershey 6
Historic Acres of Hershey 7

Leslie · event on 09/28/2014

Historic Acres of Hershey was the perfect place for my daughter's baby shower! I was searching for a unique venue and Historic Acres fit the bill with it's rustic and upscale charm. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is a pleasure to work with. We chose The Coop for the shower and the guests loved the space! The combination of exposed wood and elegant chandeliers was the exact look I wanted for our vintage glam shower. The outdoor patio was a nice option for our s'more bar! We provided everything related to food and decor but Historic Acres provided all tables (food and guest) and chivari chairs as well as a food prep area. Jenn Fetter was a joy to work with and when we arrived there was someone there to check in and make sure we had everything we needed. I highly recommend Historic Acres of Hershey and can't wait to plan my next event there!

Sent on 01/15/2015
  • Denyal

Denyal · Married on 05/18/2019

This venue is BEAUTIFUL! The only reason we didn't go with Historic Acres was due to unavailability for a specific date. The new barn / pavilion is stunning. If you're interested in checking this place out for your wedding, don't hesitate as it gets booked fairly quickly - for a good reason! Talk to Melodie, she's super nice and informative.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2017

Gorgeous venue, ecen In the rain. Reception hall was wonderful for pictures and the outdoor area made for a lovely cocktail hour and reprieve for guests who needed to smoke or get fresh air. Fire pit was wonderful for kids and adults alike.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Joanne · Married on 06/18/2016

Historic Acres is a beautiful venue. The option of staying in the farmhouse and renting the small building for the rehearsal dinner made the weekend much less stressful for bridal party. The grounds could not be more beautiful. Thd pavilion is stunning. The ceremony was conducted outdoors as the weather was perfect but they have the barn as indoor backup for ceremonies should it rain. We had a pretty much perfect wedding at Historic Acres and I highly recommend it

Sent on 06/23/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2016

I recently had my ceremony and reception at Historic Acres. It was a wonderful experience. Melodie was extremely helpful with any questions we had. We stayed at the onsite farmhouse the night before, which was super convenient when we had to get ready the next day. We were originally supposed to have our wedding out on the lawn, but due to the weather conditions, had to move it into the newly renovated indoor space. Every guest raved about how absolutely beautiful the site was, from the outdoor decor, to the stonework and chandeliers at our ceremony site, to the gorgeous reception venue. And the added coolness factor of the s'mores pit made it even more perfect. I would absolutely recommend Historic Acres to any bride in the Hershey area who is looking for a romantic and beautiful wedding site.

Sent on 07/13/2016
  • User4722733 · event on 01/10/2015

The Coop was the perfect unique venue for our baby shower. Everything was set up and ready to go as requested. The staff are all very friendly and extremely helpful. I would definitely consider hosting another event here in the future.

Sent on 01/21/2015
  • User4192613 · event on 06/08/2014

Overall outstanding Consider improved ventilation in the coop ceiling fan open windows etc

Sent on 06/22/2014
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2017

We couldn't have chosen a better venue for our October 2017 wedding!! The staff (especially Melody) is super helpful and friendly, eager to help put your mind at ease as you plan your big day! The venue is absolutely gorgeous - truly you need very little decorations because the grounds are so beautiful on their own!! Our guests are still raving about what a great venue it is. Myself and the bridesmaids stayed in the Farmhouse the night before - and it was perfect! Lots of space to relax and get ready!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Kyle · Married on 12/03/2016

Such an amazing and breathtaking venue. We loved how everything was all in one place and didnt have to travel too far for anything. the Farm house was beautiful as well for getting ready and such. Just make sure to read your agreement though, that is my only suggestion and our only screw up lol. We got the Pavilion package which includes everything basically...except the second floor of the farmhouse, which we must have forgot about. We got charged for using the upstairs for pictures ($500, an equivalent of an overnight stay) My only advice to them is to rope that area off so that when people walk in, they don't automatically assume they have the whole house.

Another thing, for the reception hall, they really didnt follow the table diagram we had. It still looked fabulous, but we just had to do some minor adjustments the day of/setup of the wedding to accommodate it. It still turned out beautiful

Other then that, such an amazing place, and awesome atmosphere, we had countless of guests tell us that this was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. We have gotten alot of really nice pictures, and im so glad this was part of our special day!! Thank you Ana and Melodie for all that you have helped us with. We will definitely be recommending to your future clients!!! :)

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • F

Gillian · Married on 12/31/2018

3.0

Stunning venue

Historic Acres was an absolutely stunning venue for our wedding! We received compliments all night and after our wedding about how beautiful the place was! It was awesome to find such a unique venue that holds a large capacity, as we knew we needed the option to invite a large crowd but still wanted this kind of a setting. The corn crib offers an exceptional opportunity for outdoor photos, even in inclement weather and the old barn is a perfect ceremony space as well. We fell in love when we visited and didn't really bother looking anywhere else.

We did have quite a few issues with our catering selection from their list of preferred vendors & it was hard to find one even initially for our date, as it was a holiday. But, whenever we did have issues, Melodie stepped in and was able to resolve them, which was really helpful and appreciated! There are rules to using the venue space, but it is all communicated clearly upfront & in the contract. I would just make sure that if you have a vision on how you want things to go, that you ask those questions up front and also ask them of your caterer. While the venue may be willing to achieve your ideal scenario, the caterer may not. It is good to know that decisions about logistics for the evening will likely, actually be decisions and conversations with the caterer and not the venue. Additionally, they strongly recommend hiring a day of coordinator and I have to say that not doing so was probably our biggest mistake. There is no staff on the property to help direct guests or flow for the evening, which ended up causing stress for me as the bride trying to accomplish that during the course of the evening. (Personally, I do think this should be included for the prices they charge, and I would recommend that as something they could look to add in the future!) However, they overall were fantastic to work with whenever we had an issue and they really went out of their way in the weeks leading up to my wedding to help me achieve my vision when the stress was building up. Our wedding was beautiful and the backdrop of this property is what really made that happen! I loved following them on instagram in the months leading up to our wedding to see all of the beautiful ways the venue can be decorated as well - it's a nice touch to get you excited for your own upcoming day!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Sara · Married on 09/26/2015

So I got married at Historic Acres in September 2015 - we booked the venue in early November 2014, when the pavilion was just a blueprint. I was BLOWN AWAY by the beauty of the grounds to begin with, let alone the finished product of the pavilion. My guests were in awe, and everyone just loved the chandeliers. I can't say anything negative about the looks of the venue - there are so many photo ops and things to look at. It was absolutely perfect. However - being that this is a new venue, I expected, and hit, quite a few speed bumps. When I signed the contract, I was working with Jenn, and by the time I got married, she was no longer there, and the new event manager was Alyssa. Information was varying between Alyssa and Jenn & no one could get on the same page about my contract. We ran into issues reserving time for our rehearsal, figuring out when we could get into the farmhouse on the day of the wedding, what rooms were included on my contract, and what times we could get into the venue space to set up our reception.

On the DAY OF THE WEDDING - the wedding coordinator provided by the venue didn't show up. We had vendors asking where they could plug things in, where to store extra items, and how to turn on the AC, where to get toilet paper, etc. First of all - don't be fooled by the term "coordinator" because they aren't there to help you with your wedding set-up, tear down, or timeline. All the coordinator is there to do is answer questions ABOUT THE VENUE and she never showed up. Alyssa (the manager) was out of town, so I called and left her a voicemail.. NEVER heard back. My mom called while I was on my honeymoon & was told that she got fired 2 days before my wedding. I got no notification or warning, and my contract wasn't fully satisfied because of that. Thank god their 2 groundsmen stepped up and got our vendors what they needed!

I really do recommend this venue to anyone - it is sooooo beautiful and I would live the headache all over again! <3

Sent on 10/07/2015

This is a beautiful, new venue with a rustic yet elegant style. The grounds are beautiful for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Jen was easy to work with, and the owners bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. They allow outside vendors.

Sent on 12/02/2015

David · Married on 10/02/2015

This venue is absolutely everything and my wife were looking for! The scenery, the venue space, the farm house, and all around grounds were absolutely everything we wanted in our special day. Though it rained and we did not get to use the outside, the venue was quick to respond to our needs! We has some small issues in final moments of planning, but I believe that is because of a staffing change as the venue is fairly new. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking for an affordable venue that is likely to create beautiful backdrops for pictures and to share the grounds with friends and families!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/25/2016

3.8
      3.5

The most important thing is that we had the most beautiful and perfect day at Historic Acres, and I wouldn't change our venue for the world. The grounds are gorgeous, the pavilion is magical, and the whole area is really breathtaking when everything is all set up. The getting ready space was perfect, the parking was spacious, the flow of the various areas was understandable for guests. The place is amazing, and the hiccups we faced were worth it in the end.
    Some of our issues began at the very beginning with the venue, when we were offered and accepted a date that was unavailable. We straightened this out with a few tears when we had to adjust our expectations, but it was handled fairly quickly. During the planning process, the venue had a major staffing change when Alyssa left and Melody began. The communication throughout was mainly handled by our planner (thankfully) but there were times that communication was a bit of a question. We were told at the very beginning before contracting that we could tent the outside area in the case of rain, and when the forecast looked like rain we were told that this was not an option. We were lucky with the weather and had a beautiful day, but we were SO stressed about that level of miscommunication the week before the wedding. Our planner handled everything the day of, but I suggest having someone that isn't through the venue doing that role for you. On our day, there was a chalkboard outside from Historic Acres. I wish I could attach a picture, and I can totally laugh about this now, but the chalkboard was a mess. They misspelled our last name, and you could still see the title of a previous event, like it wasn't erased at all. We had BEAUTIFUL chalkboard signs made for us by a separate vendor, but the one from the venue was really gross, and the first thing that people saw when they walked into our wedding- a misspelled last name and someone else's "Welcome to the future Mrs _______". Mixed experience but beautiful day.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/16/2016

3.6
      3.0
      2.5

Historic Acres is a unique and beautiful venue located in Hershey. We booked before the building was finished and were certainly glad we did! So many of my guests complimented the venue and how beautiful it was - they couldn't believe this gem was tucked away in Hershey. We originally were supposed to have our wedding outside on the lawn but due to weather it was moved inside. However, I think this was almost better. The newly renovated space is beautiful and really added to our wedding day. I thought it was a little ridiculous that the venue charged us extra to have our cocktail hour in that space, especially because we already gave so much money to the venue and as a bride I cannot control the weather. The only negative was that the venue coordinator changed about 3 times over the 1 year course of my wedding planning. This made it really difficult with planning since I was promised one thing from someone and then the next changed it. I also really disliked the professionalism form the newly hired day of woman. She was extremely rude to my family during clean up, basically just standing over them and bossing them around. I understand we didn't pay to have her help out but to stand there and be obtrusive was really unappreciated. I also didn't appreciate that she came during my reception and told my DJ we had to come clean up the ceremony space. We were never told a time that the ceremony space had to be cleaned up, and unfortunately my mother in law had to leave the reception to help with clean up since she was so adamit about clearing the space. Overall I would highly recommend this space since it is so beautiful and the added bonus of renting the farm house is really great! I would just suggest hiring a day of coordinator since Historic Acres themselves does not provide anyone and they are adamit about not helping AT ALL.

Sent on 07/21/2016