Historic 512 Downtown Fort Worth Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Kacee Married on 04/14/2018
    When my Husband and I viewed this Venue for our Wedding it was a no brainer that this was the one! The building is gorgeous, and the character is one of a kind. The price was an added bonus that won't gouge your budget, and the best part of it all is you know your money is going to a good place as all of the proceeds are donated. The staff was very accommodating with my Husband and I's busy schedules when planning meetings with them. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Historic 512!
    Cameron Married on 10/06/2017
    Absolutely loved this venue!! Not only is it absolutely gorgeous but they are also a nonprofit organization!!
    Jo Married on 02/11/2017
    This vendor is beautiful!!! The staff was great to work with. I know that there are a lot of venues out there to choose from but you could not go wrong with this one. The building's interior is beautiful. We had a wonderful time and experience at Historic 512.
    Andrea Married on 09/24/2016
    The team at the Historic 512 made my wedding so memorable! Sarah was so responsive to every question and email of mine as well as times for me to come and get my Bridal portraits and measurements for the decorations. We were able to use their catering company, Triumph, and they did a wonderful dinner for us. We ordered linens through their preferred vendor and everything went so smoothly the day of the wedding. It really helps if you plan and ask questions early so there are no surprises. We hired a cellist and violinist for music and it echoed in the room beautifully for the ceremony. The grand ballroom upstairs held our 140 guests at all round tables and the black tablecloths just popped against the curtains and architectural ceilings. We were so happy with all of their services and will recommend this venue to anyone! Our guests loved the experience! They couldn't stop talking about how beautiful and original the venue was!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 06/26/2015
    Was able to schedule an appointment to look at the venue and sat down with someone day of to look at prior weddings and cost. When we went back to book, they still had plenty of available dates that we were looking at. Throughout the past several months, they have been great at communicating with both me and my fiancee - letting us go take pictures of the space, giving us plenty of information about table size, and what we need to determine the layout we want. They have been very professional and the space was just what we were looking for and in was well within our budget.
  • User2091236 2+ years ago
    Perfect venue for a budget bride to get the wedding of her dreams!
  • User1707024 2+ years ago
    So far Juana has been fantastic. The venue is beautiful and I can't wait to get married there in October
    Constance Married on 07/25/2014
    The YWCA was a beautiful location for our wedding and it is very affordable. Juana Cardenas was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I have is that it was hot in our dressing room while we were getting ready. During the summer time in Texas they really needed to crank up the a/c, but overall we had a great experience with this venue and staff.
    Cathy Married on 06/14/2014
    If the YWCA has your date open, don't hesitate.....BOOK IT! Yes, you do have to provide your own linens and caterer,but it is so worth it! It is the perfect venue for a vintage wedding! The staff is super accommodating from the moment you first visit until the final walk through after the wedding! Your guests will be enchanted with the beauty of the building and thrilled that they only need to walk upstairs (or take a ride on Otis!) to reach the Grand Ballroom for all the post- wedding festivities! You won't regret booking this beautiful venue!
    Meryl Married on 05/25/2014
    The YWCA was a beautiful venue. We had a lot of guests that were from out-of-town, so it was perfect that it was downtown. The old charm and historic elements of the building were decoration within itself. The bride and groom suites were great and we loved that we could have outside vendors. We would definitely recommend booking your wedding or event with the Y. It's an added bonus that the proceeds go to charity.
    Morgan Married on 10/19/2013
    The venue was so beautiful! Our wedding day was more than my husband and I could have asked for and the venue was the main reason for that. Every guest talked about how beautiful the place was. We also really like that it is a charity group. Definitley worth every penny!!!
    Nancy Married on 08/03/2013
    UNFORGETTABLE PLACE!!! The money you spend to rent this venue goes to support a woman's housing program at the YWCA, where they help battered or women in need rebuild their lives by providing housing, childcare, educational programs, etc. This place was absolutely a wonderful choice for us. First of all, a large number of our guests were coming from out of town, so this made it easy for them to have one place for the ceremony and the reception. This historical place is beautiful and needs very little decorations. We had the venue the whole day (noon to midnight). The church across the street provided free parking to our guests. This venue saved us money by NOT requiring us to have security (some venues do), allowing us to bring in our own food (some venue don't), and allowing us to bring in our own alcohol as long as we had a licensed bartender to serve it. Our great bartender (Luis 817-902-6319). We bought all of our linens & glassware so contact me if you are interested. Razzoo's Cajun Café downtown catered our food. There are plenty of hotels downtown for your out of town guests to choose from with all the excitement of Sundance Square to keep them entertained while they are visiting for the wedding. If those hotels seem a little pricey, then you may want to consider blocking some rooms off of I-20 and Bryant Irvin a few miles south of downtown. That is a great area for your out of town guests too, because they save money on the hotel and there are plenty of places to shop and eat while they are visiting, we blocked rooms at a few hotels in that area and most of our guests ended up staying at the Holiday Inn and the Hyatt. (Those two hotels are right next to each other and both are located off of I-20 and Bryant Irvin, and both hotels were very accommodating, one hotel let us host our wedding rehearsal in their conference room and the other hotel let us host our rehearsal dinner in their conference room. (Again, we were able to save a lot of money)
    Anna Married on 07/13/2013
    The YWCA was so beautiful and perfect for our wedding. The vintage feel and look of the building is classic and we had so many compliments. The staff is helpful and they have an open vendor policy which allows you to really customize your wedding. We maxed out the seating with 170 people and everything still worked out perfectly. They are so affordable and I couldn't have been happier with our decision to get married at the YWCA.
  • Krystal
    Krystal Married on 11/10/2012
    This place is beautiful and everyone was extremely helpful! Kelly was a blessing the night of the wedding. She helped my parents clean after the reception! I would recommend getting married here not only because its a gorgeous historic building but the money goes to a good cause!
  • Natalia
    Natalia Married on 05/27/2012
    The YWCA is an absolutely fantastic venue for all brides. It is a classic look in a wonderful location and it is very affordable. Not only that, but the fact that the payment for the hall is a donation to the women and children of Tarrant County is exceptional. The staff is very helpful, flexible and sweet. Brides, if you are looking for a vintage look, YWCA is the perfect place to go!
    Laura Married on 03/30/2012
    Great place. This is a diamond in the rough. Not many people even know what exists in this building. Loved everything about it! Make sure to have a coordinator because no one is able to do this from the YWCA. Beautiful!!
    Leslie Married on 12/17/2011
    The YWCA is so beautiful! I attended a wedding there several years ago and immediately knew I wanted it for my wedding venue.

~Leslie H.
    Heather Married on 09/24/2011
    Amazing ceremony/reception venue in Ft Worth! We had the ceremony downstairs and reception upstairs with about 115 guests (I wouldn't go over about 140-150ish to be comfortable). You can bring your own alcohol which saves so much money and they are so easy to work with. All of the rules/restrictions are available on their website before you book, but it wasn't anything unexpected for a historic building. It's affordable, easy, and incredibly beautiful!!
    Shana Married on 04/30/2011
    I initially looked at the YWCA because I'd heard it was one of the few venues we could afford on our budget, so I was surprised at how gorgeous this building is. It's a grand, historic old building that feels like a rich 1920's mansion. We rented both the upstairs and downstairs, and had a cocktail hour downstairs and dinner and dancing in the ballroom upstairs. The staff there was very helpful, prompt, and courteous the entire planning process, and the deposit was refunded right when we got back from the honeymoon. Hands down, this was my favorite part of the wedding because it was so beautiful and really set the tone for the evening.
    Kari A. Married on 04/15/2011
    I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS VENUE! Not only is it extremely flexible in regards to catering, but it is absolutely beautiful! Stephanie was always so helpful, and very responsive to all my emails. I know this venue can book up fast, but luckily we held our wedding on a Friday night, and were able to swoop in and claim our spot!
    Sara Married on 04/09/2011
    Beautiful building! If you are having a smaller wedding (175 or less) this is the place to go. Be sure to book a year in advance because they book fast, but it is completely worth it! Even though I heard some brides were upset that they could not have open flame candles, margarita machines, kegs, bubbles, etc (and geez! It is a historic building! Do you really want to run the risk of damaging those beautiful hardwood floors?) they are VERY kind and accommodating. We weren't sure how we would coordinate getting decorations to and from the site (our day was packed) but they gave us a storage closet and even helped us find a few items we'd forgotten the next day (even though there was an event going on that they had to make sure not to disturb).

The only complaint was that the reception area got a little warm even with the AC cranked up. But if that was the only issue we had, then my day was a great one!
    Theresa Married on 03/04/2011
    Great venue, great price, flexible and fun!
  • Lindy
    Lindy Married on 11/24/2010
    We had our reception at the YWCA grand ballroom. The space was a little crowded for the amount of guest we had but it was a beautiful place! The rates were very reasonable (we got married during the week) for the beauty of the venue. Plus all of the proceeds go toward the worthy cause of helping the women's shelter to continue running. The staff were always friendly. The downside is that you will have to rent your own linens and chair covers since the venue only provides the tables and chairs. No outside rental tables and chairs can be brought in so you have to make due with whatever they provide for you to use.
  • shdwmac
    Michelle Married on 11/06/2010
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this venue!! I will admit I was hesitant at first to even check it out because I was not going to have a basketball goal in my pictures lol. But once I did check it out I was pleasantly surprised! This place is GORGEOUS!! The staff was very helpful and friendly anytime I talked to them. With this venue you get so much bang for your buck and it was so nice being able to have people just go upstairs for the reception. We got tons of compliments on the building. Also you don't need much for decor because the building itself has beautiful details. Would recommend for lots of functions, not just weddings.
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 10/30/2010
    The YWCA is an absolutely breathtaking venue! My husband and I actually met at a wedding there, and decided it was the perfect place to celebrate our wedding. The architecture is vintage and gorgeous, and they work hard to preserve its beauty. The do have some strict guidelines, but they are not hard to abide by. The staff was also very helpful whenever I had any questions. The only difficult part was providing our own dishes, cups, utensils, etc, but most caterers provide that stuff. We had so many compliments on our ceremony and reception space from people who had never been there before! Many thanks to the YWCA and staff for helping to make our day wonderful!