Hippodrome Venues Reviews

Hippodrome Venues View more information

Beth B. Married on 10/02/2021

Made Wedding Planning a Breeze!

I honestly was so incredibly pleased with Ron and his hospitality experience. He made the decision making process super easy regarding food/drink. You just tell him the vibe, and he's off to make everything perfect. I also had to do very little as far as decor goes because of the uniqueness of the Hipp. They already have a spectacular lighting collection, so you don't have to bring anyone in for that either. The value for the package that you get is unmatched, in my opinion. Not only that, but my original "getting ready/bridal suite" accommodation cancelled the day before my wedding, and Ron allowed me to change plans last minute and get ready there in the overlook. It was incredible and he saved the day, hands down. 10/10 would recommend!!!
    Nikki Married on 10/26/2019

Must book wedding venue.

Met and exceeded our expectations. Staff were kind and accommodating. Sara was flexible, easy going, engaged. Venue is beautiful. Would do it all again..

Hippodrome Venues's reply:

Nikki,

Thank you for the great review and for hosting your amazing celebration with us at the HIPP! We feel very fortunate that you chose us for your venue and would love to have you back on any occasion.

Wishing you and Lindsey all the best,

Sara
    Ryan Married on 04/29/2017
    Definitely a unique venue and I mean that in the best way possible. If you're thinking of an indoor venue I'd at least take a tour and check it out. Ron was so great to work with, responsive and accommodating. The staff the day of were also great.

The space itself, a restored 1920's theater, looks and feels the part and they did a great job restoring the place. Being onstage, exchanging vows, we first thought would be weird, but was actually really cool. Food was great, at both the cocktail hour and for dinner. And of course, being a place that also holds live music, they had all the house equipment and lighting to make sure the music rocked and the dancefloor was packed.

We really liked that it was one-stop shopping for food, drinks, tables, lighting, sound, etc...They have a great restaurant attached/next door. We actually ate brunch there one time before deciding the venue and it was so good we called Ron the next day and said to draw up a contract.

The pictures also turned out great, with such differing light and spaces (balcony, dancefloor, stage, the greenroom with a balcony, the marquee out front, etc...) it was like we traveled the city for photos but never left the block.

I'd say if you're looking for an easy experience, unique space, plan on having a band (I guess a DJ would work too, but that stage just begs for a band), and aren't married to having an outdoor wedding, this is a great venue and at least put it on your list to tour and check out.

Hippodrome Venues's reply:

Ryan, Meredith,

Thank you and your family for blessing us by having your wedding at the HIPP>

Best you all,

Ron
    Rick Event on: 04/11/2015
    Great event location in historic Jackson Ward. A great venue to host a special event.