hippie chick bakery Reviews

53 | Exeter, NH

53 Reviews for hippie chick bakery

Nikki · Married on 05/19/2012

Amy was great to work with! Her cakes are Amazing and she really brought our vision to life on our wedding day. We also love that she has gluten free options, uses eggs from her own chickens and tries to use local ingredients whenever possible - yes!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Amy was warm, professional, and incredibly talented! Not only was our cake specially designed by Amy to match our invitations, but it was delicious! We will definitely order more cakes in the future. In fact, we've ordered one for our first anniversary! We can't say enough about our great experience with Hippie Chick Bakery. It was flawless!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Kamella · Married on 10/07/2011

Amy is fantastic! She is a joy to work with. She is so creative and really listens to what you want. I love how she takes the time during your free tasting to draw up a picture of what she thinks you are saying you want your cake to looks like. She even breaks out the colored pencils.
    Not only did my cake (well cakes, I had a grooms cake as well) look amazing, they tasted so good as well.
    Three tiers, each tier a different flavor, each cake with three filling layers which you can get all different if you'd like as well. AND she does a fabulous pumpkin!
    I also chose Hippie Chick because she does a ridiculous amount of flavors of gluten free and vegan cakes.
    I can't wait til I have a reason to get a cake from her again!

Sent on 11/01/2011

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Congratulations Kami and Jay! It was a pleasure to work with you!

Michelle · Married on 08/13/2011

Amy was amazing. Not only were the cakes and cupcakes beautiful, but they tasted wnonderful. A freind that is a baker had nothing but compliments. I cannot have dairy, and it is hard to find a cake that tastes good, but even my mom, who refuses to try my dairy free foods, loved it.

Sent on 09/02/2011

Matthew · Married on 09/05/2010

Hippie Chick Bakery didn't just make us a wonderful cake. We arrived for the design session with only the vaguest notions of what we wanted. As we talked about various possibilities, Amy Mastronardi took out her markers and proceeded to illustrate how she imagined a cake could look inspired by the things we were talking about. Aided by these visuals we homed in on what was important to us and came up with a design that was perfect for our ceremony which we'd had no inkling of coming in. We developed and abandoned several designs along the way, and Amy stayed right with us as an ongoing fount of attuned creativity.

The resulting design (a square tiered cake with a spring, summer, fall, and winter tree on each face, with roots intertwined) inspired an ongoing stream of oohs and ahhs at the reception, and much photography from all angles. The flavor combinations (chocolate-orange, chocolate-ginger, and chocolate-chocolate) were very well received, and there were several exclamations along the lines of "wait, this is gluten-free?? But it's so yummy!"

Hippie Chick is a demigod among wedding cake vendors. While I imagine HC is mostly found by couples wanting organic ingredients or with special dietary needs, their mastery of both design and design *facilitation* merit mainstream attention.

Sent on 01/30/2011

Esther · Married on 08/29/2010

Our cake was amazing! Both delicious AND beautiful. Couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 01/30/2013
  • Jen and Ken

Jennifer · Married on 08/28/2010

I would suggest Hippie Chick for any bride. We don't have any food allergies or a vegan diet, so we didn't need anything special, but our cakes were delicious. I went to Amy with my dream of a small top cake for my husband and I to cut and cupcakes for all of my guests. She made that happen and she even baked in the fancy cupcake papers that I had purchased. They were difficult to work with and she did it with a smile (although I wouldn't ask her to do it again because I know it wasn't easy). Our guests raved about the flavor of the cupcakes and even after 6 months I have people still talking to me about it and asking me how to get in touch with her for themselves. Great Job!

Sent on 04/21/2011

Brian · Married on 06/19/2010

Amy was awesome to work with....she gives the right amount of suggestions....never pushy, but still very helpful. She is extremely talented...the cake she made for us was perfect in every detail. And of course delicious. Would recommend her confidently to anyone.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Donna · Married on 06/12/2010

My husband and I were both very pleased with both the service and quality of our wedding cake, as well as Hippi Chick's ability to work with us and our guests' dietary needs. The cake was both beautiful and delicious. Highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Lisa · Married on 12/05/2009

Her wedding cakes are not only VERY reasonably priced, but she creates the most amazing designs and her cakes taste phenominal! She made my wedding cake which was red velvet with cream cheese frosting shaped to look like stacked Christmas presents...everyone was raving about how incredible the cake looked. She also did my mom's 50th birthday cake which she helped me to personalize. That cake was a huge hit at my mom's party. I high reccomend using Hippie Chick Bakery for ANY event!!

Sent on 02/05/2010
  • mc9745a

Maggie · Married on 09/12/2009

Amy was wonderful to work with. The cake was exactly what I wanted and it was delicious. She does all organic ingredients and she did not need to use fondant to make a beautiful cake. We were absolutely thrilled and people are still talking about the cake!!

Sent on 09/29/2009
  • zerikaz

Erika · Married on 08/28/2009

Amy was truly amazing to work with. She created such a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake for us. I can't say enough good things about her!!

Sent on 03/10/2011

Nina · Married on 08/22/2009

The cake arrived on time, looked beautiful and tasted even better!

Sent on 08/28/2009

Talia · Married on 08/22/2009

They used seasonal, local fruit to make a BEAUTIFUL replica of a waterfall with my husband and I kayaking down it - novel, fun, delicious...

MOST IMPORTANT: they were very receptive to my (the bride's) allergies, as well as my brothers.

Sent on 12/09/2011

Lorie · Married on 08/09/2009

Awesome quality, presentation, and professionalism.

Sent on 11/09/2009

Jyoti · Married on 07/25/2009

I LOVED my cake from Hippie Chick!!!! It was great to get a beautiful wedding cake that fit into our Vegan lifestyle!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Jasmine · Married on 05/17/2009

Hippie Chick Bakery did a wonderful job with the cake from our wedding. Her dairy-free cakes are delicious, and she uses fresh berries in the fillings--yum! The cake was beautiful, and she has a wonderful creative eye. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/01/2009

Rachel · Married on 01/02/2009

Wonderful to work with, the cake was both delicious AND beautiful. Amy was so easy to work with, and super helpful.

Sent on 12/31/2009

Jackie · Married on 11/01/2014

Hippie Chick Bakery is wonderful on so many levels! First off, Amy is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is very accommodating and helpful. Second, the cake was literally one of the best things I have ever tasted!! We ordered the apple cake with caramel filling and the guests are STILL talking about how delicious it was! The cake also looked gorgeous, and it was obvious that Amy truly cared about putting all her effort info making a unique, beautiful and tasty cake. We highly recommend Hippie Chick!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Kate · Married on 06/14/2014

We definitely recommend the Hippie Chick Bakery to couples planning their wedding! We were impressed with the creative cake design options, ultimately opting for a cake that was a bit unconventional and was designed beautifully. Amy created a unique design, making it look like birch bark, which went perfectly with our rustic theme. The tasting process was thorough and delicious. We left with a clear vision of the flavor combination we wanted for our cake (chocolate chunk cake with cappuccino buttercream). She was very helpful in making sure our custom cake topper was put securely on the cake and the delivery and setup process was completely smooth. All in all, it was a wonderful experience working with Amy and the Hippie Chick Bakery.

Sent on 07/27/2014

My wedding cake looked great and tasted amazing. The bakery location is off the beaten path and in her basement but I had no complaints.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Laura · Married on 06/25/2011

Hippie Chick Bakery supplied us with absolutely delicious cupcakes and cutting cake. Cake decoration was not exactly what I expected, but fine. My big disappointment was not being able to try all the cupcake flavors. Hippie Chick Bakery is very friendly to those with funky ideas and will work with you to come up with cake flavors you'll love. Did I mention that the cake was delicious?

Sent on 06/30/2011

Justin · Married on 05/21/2011

3.5

I am vegan and had a hard time finding a vendor who would make a wedding cake for me. A friend of my wife's recommended the Hippie Chick Bakery and so we got in touch. We were out of state at the time and were immediately impressed with how flexible Amy was willing to be. Their website was a great place to look for ideas and flavors and Amy allowed us to mix and match as needed. We got a maple cake with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting, and my goodness it was absolutely decadent. I think I was the only vegan at our reception, but everyone who had the cake was impressed. Delicious!

Sent on 07/02/2011
  • Z

Ziggy · Married on 08/25/2018

This bakery met and exceeded my expectations for the delicious vegan lemon raspberry cake was well received even by our non vegan guest. I would highly recommend and use them again.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Christine · Married on 06/02/2012

3.0

We used Hippie Chick Bakery for our wedding cake and our cake was AMAZING! Amy was pleasant and easy to work with and was very good at listening to our requests and working out the specifics with us. She was able to create a very unique and impressive cake that was reflective of our personal styles. And as far as taste, it was some of the best wedding cake I've ever had! She also offers cakes for those with dietary restrictions (we got some vegan cupcakes on the side). She can be a little difficult to contact as she is the owner and baker, but she always responded to my emails within a few days and was willing to meet with me in person as well. I recommend Hippie Chick if you are looking for something fun and different!

Sent on 07/03/2012