Hip Service Reviews

78 | San Francisco, CA

78 Reviews for Hip Service

1 User photo

I can not recommend what an incredible Band Hip Service was from working with them on contracts, play lists and then at our wedding. They were amazingly professional and responsive and provided excellent guidance. And the night they played for our wedding they went over the top with a show that started with dinner music that was perfect until they had the whole room dancing when it was time to get the party started! We were amazed at their level of talent and commitment to performing at the top of their game!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2013

You guys were absolutely awesome, everyone loved you! I was a bit afraid that with the group we had at the wedding, we'd struggle to get people dancing but that was definitely not the case at all. In fact, we had to move the tables out of the way to make more room! I've certainly never heard people chant for the band to play "one more song" at a wedding, so that was pretty great. Your rendition of Proud Mary was amazing, and the two lead singers (men, one of them always took the rap sections) were just great at getting the crowd riled up. I guess the only piece of constructive criticism I might offer is that the ladies that were performing that night did not seem to be having fun at all? Not much smiling, and their choreography was great but done sort of on auto-pilot. Could have just been an off-night or they had a big weekend, and it didn't take away from the performance. I think that's the only thing though, is that if the ladies looked like they were having a good time, it would have been that much better.

Overally though, Steve was fantastic to work with, the performance exceeded all my expectations, and I had an absolute blast on the dance floor, and that's saying someone for someone who is a very self-conscious dancer! Thanks for everything, couldn't have asked for better!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Jamie · Married on 09/01/2013

When you have your entire wedding party of 180 people on the dance floor all night, it must be the band! Hip Service played oldies, current hits, cocktail swing - every song sounded like the original! The dance floor overflowed with happy, smiling dancers in celebration of the wedding. I can't say enough how thoughtful, respectful, professional and cooperative Steve Bloom and his band were for our wedding. They were the easiest part of planning our wedding! I would hire them again in a second!! I actually don't feel like I hired them; they were part of our wedding team doing their part to make our wedding special! Fantastic!!!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Tinsley · Married on 09/01/2013

I recently got married at the Hyatt in Lake Tahoe and hired Steve Bloom and the Hip Service Band for the reception. Music and dancing are very important to my family and friends and we wanted to ensure we had a band that could handle multiple genres of music and could entertain. We were absolutley blown away with the quality and professionalism of their performance. From helping to play our ceremony music, cooridnating our cocktail reception background songs, to effotlessly transitioning from dinner music to party rock athems, they made every section of music flow with the event. They were experts at reading the crowd and delivered spot on when it came to song choices. Our guests ranged from those in their 20's to their 80's and we appreciated the variety of classics and top hits that pleased everyone. They continued to play classic Frank Sinatra while guests entered the reception but were also capable of playing LMFAO, Katy Perry and Jessie J - I personally must say the band's rendition of Blurred Lines was dead on and was a highlight of the night. Steve Bloom and his crew were well organized and cared about every detail of my wedding, which made it a pleasure to work with them. They were flexible in scheduling their sets and breaks and even offered to learn a few songs for the occassion. I have been to tons of weddings in the past where the band has their own strict timeline, but Hip Service is the complete opposite. If people are dancing and into it, they will keep playing and if you would like to plan something less conventional they are up for the challenge. Steve was also very helpful with making recommendation on when the best times are to play certain songs, do toasts, cut cake, etc. I cannot express my gratitude enough to Hip Service, they were incredible, impressive, energized and flat out fantastic! If I was getting married again I would hire them in a heartbeat, but for now, I'll just have to think of another good excuse to throw a party.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Daniel · Married on 08/24/2013

Hip Service played at our wedding on 8/24 at Barndiva in Healdsburg, CA. What a fantastic band. Perfect for any wedding or major event!

Let me start by saying how professional and responsive Hip Service was to all of our pre-wedding inquiries. We exchanged multiple emails and phone calls with them before the big day to make sure all logistics and presentations were set. As the groom, I never had to worry-- they knew exactly what we wanted. Our wedding dinner was outside, and when it was time for all guests to move inside for dancing, Hip Service was fully set up and ready to roll.

Their sweet spot in music is a combination of older motown/disco (think Sister Sledge) sprinkled in with current top 40 (think Robin Thicke). I personally enjoyed their more current stuff best, but I know my parents were totally into their older renditions. They even learned (or at least re-learned) a lesser known Marvin Gaye song that was our first dance. They probably won't know every song you'd want to have played, but no band does. And trust me, the energy and full sound they bring is so so much better than anything a dj could spin.

If you want a professional, fun, and super talented band, Hip Service is spot on. Thank you, guys!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/27/2013

Awesome band!!!! We had so much fun dancing to them....and the dance floor was full the entire time they were playing. I have worked with Hip Service for many years and liked them so much I hired them for our own wedding! They aren't your average wedding band ... they have a brass section, drummer, bass player, guitarist, numerous singers, and several dancers - the combo makes for a really talented and high energy performance! Highly recommend this group!

Sent on 08/30/2013
  • Liane

Liane · Married on 07/16/2013

FUN and Talented Band

We worked with Hip Service on a wedding in Truckee, and consider that event one of our favorites! They are such a fun and talented band! Liane McCombs Wedding and Event Planning

Sent on 10/03/2019

Casey · Married on 03/30/2013

Hip Service was an absolute joy to work with!!! I got nothing but amazing about our wedding band. Everyone danced all night and they were so fun to watch, like we were at a concert or watching a live show! I recommend Hip Service for weddings, parties or any social event!!

Sent on 04/25/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/29/2012

I cannot even describe how incredible Hip Service was for our September wedding in Sonoma. I (the bride) prefer motown and my now husband is a huge classic rock fan. Hip Service combined both of our styles and performed such a high energy, mellow when appropriate, performance. Also, they learned "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin for our first dance; not an easy guitar challenge. They nailed it and more! I was blown away. Additionally, my now husband surprised me by singing and playing guitar, requiring a practice session with the band. The band was so thoughtful and also gave him great tips as he performed. I will ask Hip Service to play at ANY party we have and will tell all friends getting married in San Francisco and beyond to hire them. I cannot even properly express how awesome this band was at our black tie wedding and I can be hard to please ;).

Sent on 10/16/2012

Hai · Married on 08/18/2012

You guys are awesome. Had everyone dancing on the dance floor. You guys are the best wedding band I have heard.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2012

I cannot recommend Steve and Hip Service more. We planned a destination wedding in Tahoe (from NYC!) via email and phone, and Steve was incredibly responsive, professional and patient with us and all of our questions. The day of the wedding I have NO DOUBT that everything would go off without a hitch because of their attention to detail and the countless hours Steve spend on the phone with us.

The band even surprised us a week before our wedding by learning a pretty obscure song for our first dance (Shine a Light by the Rolling Stones) and KILLED IT, to the point that the band cut out and one point so everyone could clap along with the lead singer. It was honestly my favorite moment of the whole day.

LOVE Hip Service!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Mona · Married on 04/14/2012

WOW, HIP Service was amazing. They totally far exceeded our expectations for the wedding ceremony and reception. From young to old all ages truly enjoyed themselves all night long. We have had nothing but compliments from so many of our guests. We had over 300 guests and their music touched every age group. I would highly recommend them over and over.

Sent on 04/20/2012

Mary L. · Married on 03/24/2012

Amazing! This exuberant band added to an already phenomenal day! Steve and Hip service were flawless entertainers! What talent they have! There is nothing we would change! It was perfection from the first meeting until the last dance; everything ran smoothly. Thank you for making the wedding so much fun for us.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Michael · Married on 03/24/2012

Hip Service met every expectation and went beyond. They were the easiest and most flexible of all the vendors we delt with in planning our wedding. They brought a tremendous amount of energy to our reception. The music and range of cover songs was amazing. Many of our guests were simply shocked at how good they sounded, and "best band ever" was a common comment after our wedding day. Thank you, Steve!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Melissa · event on: 12/03/2011

This band was GREAT!!! They total made our holiday party. Everyone had a great time the band was fun, entertaining and engaging which was exactly what I was looking for. I can't say enough about Steve and Hip Service execpt that we want to hire them for next years party and make Hip Service a tradition for the Five9 company holiday party.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Liz · Married on 09/03/2011

Hip Service is by far the most incredibly professional, wonderful and dance inspiring band possible at a wedding!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Kathleen · Married on 07/16/2011

If I could give HIP Service 10 out of 5 stars, I would. From the moment that I contacted them, Steve was extremely responsive, prompt, and professional in my requests. As a pretty go-with-the-flow bride, it was nice to get an email update from Steve's staff as the wedding day drew closer. With all the other details of the wedding going on, it was nice to not have to worry about the entertainment.

From the second the music started, people were on the dance floor. We had quite a few "adults" (friends of our parents in their 50s/60s) and a good number of our friends (20s/30s) and everyone was able to dance to every song. One thing that I especially loved is that there weren't any stops between songs. It kept the party going!

Even though the wedding was a month ago, I still am getting responses from people about how much fun the band was. I am SO extremely happy that I chose to go with HIP service. Go ahead and call around to other bands and I guarantee that you won't feel as comfortable or satisfied as you will with HIP Service!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2011

Hip Service was unbelievable! I had never seen them perform and hired them purely on a friends recommendation for my wedding and they were worth every penny! They were so easy to work with and put on such a great show. At the end of the night you could not get the guests off the dance floor because they were having such a great time! I would highly recommend them for any event ...especially a wedding. I had many guests tell me they were the best band they had ever heard at a wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Anne · Married on 05/14/2011

I cannot recommend Hip Service with more enthusiasm than I am doing! They were awesome. My daughter got married a couple of months ago, and Hip Service was better than we could have asked for. From the moment we signed them up, I was excited. Steve was great to work with. The band learned a new song for us, Steve arranged a conference call between me, my daughter (the bride), our DJ and himself to go over every detail and how everything was going to flow. When the band started playing, it was amazing! They provided quieter music for cocktail hour - and after dinner really got things going! I was walking back from the restroom at one point and noticed that there was NOT ONE person sitting at their table. Literally every single guest was on the dance floor practically the entire evening - just what we were hoping for!
    Amy's wedding was amazing. The venue (a winery) was perfect. The flowers were spectacular. Our wedding planner was unbelievable. The food was incredible - both the bride and groom are chefs. But I have to say, I think the band made the wedding!!
    Thank you Steve and Hip Service - I loved every minute.
    One of Amy's bridesmaids is getting married next month, and she booked Hip Service because of our wedding. I am so excited to go to that wedding, and spend another evening dancing and partying with Hip Service.
    Again, thanks for a wonderful event. You worked really hard to make it perfect!
    Anne Bartkiewicz

Sent on 09/14/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2010

I am so happy with this band! Our guests were so impressed with how professional their set up was and also their showmanship was fantastic. I would recommend this band to everyone who wants lie entertainment for their wedding reception. I would also hire them again for future events.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/10/2010

AMAZING!!!!!!! Our guests are still talking about how Hip Service was one of the best cover bands they've ever heard. We danced all night long!

Sent on 01/14/2011

Paul · Married on 09/03/2017

Unbelievable! So glad we used Hip Service for our wedding in Tahoe. They made it so easy and rocked the party. We couldn't have asked for a better band. Professional, upbeat and great quality. I'd suggest this band to anyone.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Amy · Married on 06/27/2014

WOW! Hip Service made our wedding reception a stand-out event! Everyone -- every guest was dancing to the sounds and vocals of this remarkably talented band. I wish I had a chance to plan another wedding just to hire them again! Great repertoire of music, engaging personalities. You just have to hire this band for your event! You will be the talk of the town!

Sent on 08/27/2014

K · Married on 10/01/2011

Hip Service was wonderful at our wedding. Leading up to the wedding, Steve was amazing to work with. He was attentive and extremely helpful. I would highly recommend this band to anyone!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Meredith · Married on 07/20/2013

Highly recommend for your wedding. The band was amazing - great energy, and fun to dance to. Steve Bloom was great to work with - very professional and accommodating.

Sent on 08/04/2013