Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa Reviews

59 Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa Reviews
  • User2519384 · 2+ years ago

3.6
      3.0

Pricey, and make you meet a minimum charge. The event also has an abrupt end-time. The beach is beautiful. Carolyn is a great event specialist. The food is really good as well. If you're willing to spend the money, it's a great venue.

3.0

Felt like it was a bit unorganized for what we paid. I was disappointed the morning of the wedding because there was not a room reserved for me, the bride, to get ready. This was set up at the last minute and then when I did get the room, there were no chairs, tables, or anywhere to hang my dress. I was put in a yoga room which contained nothing but mirrors and yoga equipment. The people in the spa had to get me a chair. Also, I wasn't able to get into the reception room until 4 hours before the ceremony started. I was decorating the room myself. Therefore, I felt very rushed. The facility was very nice and a good place for the money. They just need to get better organized with details.

• crystalklaus

Crystal · Married on 04/13/2013

3.0

Overall, my husband and I were very pleased with how our wedding and reception went. Our beachside ceremony was beautiful and reception in the Coral Ballroom was very nice. The vendors hired by the Hilton were top notch. However, we were very disappointed with some things that happened “behind the scenes:”

- We found out after we signed the contract that none of the Hilton wedding packages include many standard wedding services such as decorations, full coverage by the photographer, lighting/AV equipment, the groom’s cake, or the bridal suite. We were quoted upwards of $3-4k for these items. So much for an all-inclusive package!

- Two months before my wedding, I found out that the Hilton Wedding Coordinator (Carolyn Northcott) was no longer with the Hilton, which probably explains why I didn't hear from her very much. I had a similar experience with the new Hilton Wedding Coordinator (Kristi Purvis). In general, Kristi was very polite and professional the times I did speak with her, but she was definitely not detail-oriented and not always quick to respond. If you don’t have a planner, you’d better get one! (Fortunately for me, I did!).

- The reception room was supposed to be available for decorating at 3pm the day of the wedding (3 hours prior to my wedding), however upon bringing the decorations down to the room at 3, we were told the room was not going to be available until 4pm because the people who were using it were running late. To Hilton's credit, they started setting up tables in the hallway so the tables could quickly be placed in the room once the room was vacated. Then a mad rush ensued with 6 members of the wedding party getting the tables decorated. Very stressful!

Overall, I would still recommend this venue but would caution any bride to be aware that the Hilton has so many weddings and events going on that yours will be a dime a dozen, so expect issues with some of the finer details.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa's reply:

Crystal, Thank you for feedback on your recent wedding experience and it’s valuable information so we can improve our services. The three inclusive wedding packages offered do contain many valued items which the majority of our brides have historically enjoyed over the years. However, because every bride is different as well it is impossible to predict what they may want; the Hilton Sandestin has come up with the most comprehensive packages which have appealed to many brides for their event. Of course, if the bride wants to extend any of the services or add items which are being offered, that is more than welcome as well and we will be more than happy to help in that planning. I understand a “ready room” (bridal suite) was requested with Kristi and I am happy to learn we were able to accommodate this and provide it complimentary to you. The Hilton Sandestin does make every attempt to ensure prior events especially before wedding receptions end on time however due to circumstances beyond the hotel’s control this was not possible and we apologize for the thirty minute delay of the room set up time. We were very happy to hear that our staff was able to help you to get the room decorated on time. The Hilton Sandestin is very aware that each bride and wedding is unique in its own way and this is the reason we strongly suggest in our agreement a wedding planner to be contracted by the bride to ensure any specific details unique to you for the actual wedding/reception details can be carried out. I am also happy to hear that Kristi Purvis our Weddings and Special Events Manager; who’s responsibility is coordinating our venue and the banquet staff was able to step in for your wedding planner since they were not on property prior to your ceremony. I was also very happy to heart Kristi was able to coordinate a very special amenity by request of the groom at the last minute along with many other fine details of your event. Our weddings are very important to us and we take great pride in the weddings we do. Due to the Hilton Sandestin is the only full service beachfront hotel in northwest Florida there are times the hotel can get very busy at times with other functions going on, and if any of those impacted your event we do apologize. If there is anything I can help you with additionally please do not hesitate to contact me. Matthew Price- Director of Sales and Event Planning HILTON SANDESTIN BEACH GOLF RESORT & SPA t: +1 850 267 9601 I m: +1 850 865 3850 I f: +1 850 267 1816 4000 Sandestin Blvd. I Destin FL 32550 I USA hiltonsandestinbeach.com

Nicole · Married on 06/07/2008

2.0
      3.0

I worked with Paula Benson the Hilton's wedding director. She is very pleasant to work with and was very responsive and flexible. She made sure others on the Hilton staff were executing according to plan. This location is a dream and Paula was nice to work with.

Miranda · Married on 11/17/2009

3.2
      3.0

Although we didn't work with a wedding planner, we choose this resort for our cermony. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff helped us with all we needed to make our private ceremony special.

2.8
      1.0
      3.0

I had a very hard time getting responses from the coordinator during the planning process and the outside vendors that were recommended were impossible to reach. I got very frustrated with how hard it was to get people to call or email me back.

2.6
      1.0
      1.5

What a beautiful hotel!!! I have dreamed of getting married on the beach since I was a small child and they provided an excellent setting for that. I was a little confused in the offering of services including a wedding coordinator only to find it was not the person I initially worked with. I actually didn't hear from my coordinator until just a few months before the wedding and it was slightly disconcerting to have to repeat myself to the person who I thought completely appropriate to be my coordinator. I am the fourth of my college friends to get married and none of them had this issue, not to mention I have a family member who is an event planner and she too thought it was bizarre, had I known this was going to cause such confusion, I would have asked her but I wanted her to enjoy my day with me. Perhaps the most frustrating issue was in a time when we needed the coordinator we could not find her and eventually found her having dinner during my reception. It is a beautiful location, but I wouldn't rely on their coordination services.

Katie · Married on 05/19/2007

2.4
      2.0
      3.0

Had a beautiful beach ceremony but was very disappointed in the overall service and quality.

0.5
      0.0

Do NOT USE them. I went through 3 wedding advisors during just a few months. They charged me incorrectly for just about everything. They put me on the wrong place on the beach to get married. They allowed my guests to drink on my tab before the allotted time and I had to fight to get some of the money refunded. The photographer is unreliable and nothing went right. It is a nightmare. I would give it a zero if not for Seagars with the food but they too messed my wedding cake up. They placed my guest in the wrong, worn out rooms. I am so sorry I picked this place.

Sent on 05/05/2013

Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa's reply:

Thank you for your recent comment. We apologize you went through three different coordinators prior to your event, unfortunately there are times when associates do make a different career path which we cannot control. Unfortunately due to a required construction project taking place with one of our boardwalks taking place it was necessary to relocate the egress for the safety of our guests, but do understand the ceremony was still able to take place on our beautiful beach. Thank you for bringing it to our attention the difficulty you had with one of the vendors on our list. We want to make sure the communication, execution and follow through is very thorough and to the Hilton Sandestin’s standard. We will be reviewing our current vendor list very closely and making any essential adjustments, again we want to apologize on behalf of the photographer and we will be following up accordingly. I do understand the Seagar’s restaurant was able to make the necessary adjustment to the bar bill as well as provided the cake complimentary; we want our clients satisfied and we apologize if we fell short after this. Again we want to thank you for your comments and if anything needs to be addressed further I will be more than happy to review them with you. MATTHEW J. PRICE I Director – Sales & Event Planning HILTON SANDESTIN BEACH GOLF RESORT & SPA t: +1 850 267 9601 I m: +1 850 865 3850 I f: +1 850 267 1816 4000 Sandestin Blvd. I Destin FL 32550 I USA hiltonsandestinbeach.com