57 Reviews for Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa

Cocktail Reception (3)
Stations (3)
Bartender(s) (3)
Valet (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
In-House Catering (2)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
Shuttle (1)
57 Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa Reviews

3.4

Overall, my husband and I were very pleased with how our wedding and reception went. Our beachside ceremony was beautiful and reception in the Coral Ballroom was very nice. The vendors hired by the Hilton were top notch. However, we were very disappointed with some things that happened “behind the scenes:”

- We found out after we signed the contract that none of the Hilton wedding packages include many standard wedding services such as decorations, full coverage by the photographer, lighting/AV equipment, the groom’s cake, or the bridal suite. We were quoted upwards of $3-4k for these items. So much for an all-inclusive package!

- Two months before my wedding, I found out that the Hilton Wedding Coordinator (Carolyn Northcott) was no longer with the Hilton, which probably explains why I didn't hear from her very much. I had a similar experience with the new Hilton Wedding Coordinator (Kristi Purvis). In general, Kristi was very polite and professional the times I did speak with her, but she was definitely not detail-oriented and not always quick to respond. If you don’t have a planner, you’d better get one! (Fortunately for me, I did!).

- The reception room was supposed to be available for decorating at 3pm the day of the wedding (3 hours prior to my wedding), however upon bringing the decorations down to the room at 3, we were told the room was not going to be available until 4pm because the people who were using it were running late. To Hilton's credit, they started setting up tables in the hallway so the tables could quickly be placed in the room once the room was vacated. Then a mad rush ensued with 6 members of the wedding party getting the tables decorated. Very stressful!

Overall, I would still recommend this venue but would caution any bride to be aware that the Hilton has so many weddings and events going on that yours will be a dime a dozen, so expect issues with some of the finer details.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Crystal, 4/13/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
3.4

I worked with Paula Benson the Hilton's wedding director. She is very pleasant to work with and was very responsive and flexible. She made sure others on the Hilton staff were executing according to plan. This location is a dream and Paula was nice to work with.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/7/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)
3.2

Although we didn't work with a wedding planner, we choose this resort for our cermony. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff helped us with all we needed to make our private ceremony special.

Profile Picture Miranda, 11/17/09, 5 Reviews
2.9

I had a very hard time getting responses from the coordinator during the planning process and the outside vendors that were recommended were impossible to reach. I got very frustrated with how hard it was to get people to call or email me back.

Profile Picture User4712990, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
2.6

What a beautiful hotel!!! I have dreamed of getting married on the beach since I was a small child and they provided an excellent setting for that. I was a little confused in the offering of services including a wedding coordinator only to find it was not the person I initially worked with. I actually didn't hear from my coordinator until just a few months before the wedding and it was slightly disconcerting to have to repeat myself to the person who I thought completely appropriate to be my coordinator. I am the fourth of my college friends to get married and none of them had this issue, not to mention I have a family member who is an event planner and she too thought it was bizarre, had I known this was going to cause such confusion, I would have asked her but I wanted her to enjoy my day with me. Perhaps the most frustrating issue was in a time when we needed the coordinator we could not find her and eventually found her having dinner during my reception. It is a beautiful location, but I wouldn't rely on their coordination services.

Profile Picture User5242436, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
2.5

Had a beautiful beach ceremony but was very disappointed in the overall service and quality.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/19/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
0.1

Do NOT USE them. I went through 3 wedding advisors during just a few months. They charged me incorrectly for just about everything. They put me on the wrong place on the beach to get married. They allowed my guests to drink on my tab before the allotted time and I had to fight to get some of the money refunded. The photographer is unreliable and nothing went right. It is a nightmare. I would give it a zero if not for Seagars with the food but they too messed my wedding cake up. They placed my guest in the wrong, worn out rooms. I am so sorry I picked this place.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3238707, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography