19 Reviews for Hilton Orrington/Evanston Hotel

Linens (1)
Parking (1)
Valet (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

The Orrington was beyond fantastic! The entire planning process was true delight. Robin's attention to detail, professionalism, and true investment in our wedding made the whole reception planning and execution so much fun! The Hilton Orrington Hotel and their staff is top notch. From the moment we walked in to the time we pulled away in our car, we were treated with the upmost respect and care. I cannot thank them enough for going above and beyond to make our stay, and our guests stay, one we'll never forget.

Profile Picture Tiana, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

After hearing all kinds of stories about wedding disasters, we were expecting something to happen the day of our wedding. Thanks to Melissa, everything went exactly as planned. She took care of everything from day one, always responding very quickly to our requests and never letting anything fall through the cracks. If you're looking for a beautiful venue, where everything you'd want in a wedding is included in the package, and you want to work with someone who will make planning a wedding much less stressful, then look no further than the Orrington. Overall a wonderful experience. Thanks Melissa!

Profile Picture Maciek, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was great. Robin got us whatever we wanted and the day went smoothly!

Profile Picture amanda, 5/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa Powles, the wedding specialist at the Orrington made my wedding perfect. I had a wedding of 180+ people with a ceremony at NU's Millar Chapel and reception at Orrington (when I picked the venue, I thought it would be more like 120) but she was absolutely amazing in helping coordinate everything from deliveries to vendors to menus, etc. She was absolutely awesome. I had a wedding coordinator fall through halfway through the wedding planning process and Melissa made my life so easy, I ended up not even hiring another as she took care of EVERYTHING at the hotel. My husband and I loved our suite and she helped us coordinate staying there for another night at a discounted rate as we can't take our honeymoon for a few months so we had an impromptu "mini moon." All of my guests said the evening was very classy, the timing of everything was perfect and the service was perfect- the waitstaff worked very well together and were extremely attentive. I had a particular kind of wine that I liked and I felt like they were watching me like a hawk to refill my glass when it got anywhere near 1/2 empty. They even had a side of mac and cheese for me and a cesar salad for my husband on special request after the tasting when Melissa picked up on what we liked individually but wanted to offer something else for our guests. I could talk for years about every specific thing they did to make my wedding perfect. I loved having a separate cocktail ball room and reception ballroom- there was no change in setup for the transition. The best part about the Orrington: there is only one big event scheduled- I was the only person using any of the conference/ballrooms (no other wedding going on= no sharing of the gorgeous bathrooms with other parties, etc). Pretty cool. We used the rooms across the hall from the grand ballroom- one was used for a "play room" for the kids in which cribs were supplied so little kids could relax and watch movies while we partied.

Profile Picture J, 11/2/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have hoped for a better overall experience. The catering staff was extremely helpful, responsive, and flexible to some of our adjustments to the reception schedule in the days preceding the event. Everyone involved, the catering manager, banquet manager, captains, servers, was professional and courteous. Our guests, some of them requiring assistance to avoid stairs, were well taken care of throughout the day, from before the ceremony until well after the reception. The staff assured us that these guests would be taken care and they were, every one of them.

The cocktail reception between the ceremony and dinner reception was wonderful. The room was more than sufficient to accommodate our 140 guests. Brunch the next morning was perfect in every way. Our server for brunch did an outstanding job accommodating our guests and even doing some minor room reconfiguration during a busy period, while not disturbing anyone.

I recommend the Hilton Orrington highly. They say what they will do, then they actually do what they said they would. The process was smooth and on the day of the event neither my wife nor I had to concern ourselves with any event details. I would give at least 7 stars if I could.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Melissa and the whole team at the Orrington made our wedding planning process wonderful! Everyone responded efficiently and answered any questions, no matter how silly I thought they were. Our cake was from a vendor they work with, which we were able to customize ourselves. Our guests loved the food, which was really important to us. The room was beautiful thanks to Melissa and her team. From the catering department to the front desk staff, we could not have asked for a more special and fun wedding weekend. We'll remember that weekend forever!

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We were very impressed with how much patience and professional "Smoothness" the staff had with us. We are kind of an excitable couple! LOL

Profile Picture User3469995, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't recommend planning a wedding within 2 months, but I am sure this was only possible with Melissa and the staff at the Hilton Orrington. Other than the last minute invites, no one would have been able to tell this was all put together within a relatively short amount of time.

Melissa and the others worked with our budget and were so kind, profession, etc. in ALL their interactions. There was never that moment of panicked distrust or skepticism - so painful for a bride in the planning stages of a wedding. The elegance of the revamped venue (the grand ballroom), catering and the additional services were worth every penny. All the guests loved the food - something I felt was important!

One story I'll never forget about my past wedding is how everyone forgot to get my dad, not a native English speaker, from the hotel to the church. Wasn't a big deal because the hotel staff tracked down my father and sent him to the church in a speedy cab - (phew).

I can't say enough great things about the place. . . if you're planning to have a wedding in the Chicago area - this is definitely a place you should consider.

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

I had my wedding at the Orrington Hotel. The service we received from the moment we pulled into the drive was top notch. The valet service and hosts were polite and helpful and remained so throughout the entire weekend. All of the staff were welcoming and extremely willing to help my guests and myself in any way they could. The service that we received during our wedding reception was outstanding. The staff was attentive and professional. They made sure all of our guests received impeccable service.
We worked Event Coordinator, Melissa Powles, who is an assest to this hotel. She worked with us to make sure that our wedding was exactly as we imagined it to be. She coordinated and accommodated the details to ensure that the day and night was on schedule and perfect. She was in contact with our vendors to ensure they were all on the same page and knew exactly what the plan was. Her knowledge and ability are amazing and I am so lucky to have worked with her. She went above and beyond and I knew I had nothing to worry about with Melissa there.

Profile Picture Denise, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We highly recommend the Hilton Orrington as a wedding venue. Our daughter and son-in-law were married in the ballroom, had a cocktail hour and voila, the room was ready and looked amazing! Every detail was covered in an efficient and seemingly easy way. The food was amazingly delicious and all the servers were very attentive to all of us. Robin and the staff at the Orrington are extremely capable and knowledgeable. She helped guide us regarding several questions or ideas that we had to make the whole evening come together. We are still relishing in the afterglow of the wedding and it is 3 months later. Bob and Shelley F

Profile Picture Shelley, 5/19/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about the Orrington in Evanston. The service, food and amenities were wonderful. From the beautiful spacious rooms given to the bride and her maids to get ready during the day on the 9th fl, grroom and groomsmen on another level, to the gorgeous Heritage room for cocktails and the dramatic step down ballroom for the reception... it was all beautiful, calm yet festive! The staff went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were met. They looked after us...even the smallest details. Things that were left behind were simply put into safe keeping for us for the next day. Everyone raved about the experience. The Orrington makes it easy to have a beautiful, memorable wedding.

Profile Picture debbie, 12/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have nothing but great things to say about having my wedding at the Hilton Orrington. Every employee, from the valet to the front desk, to the event coordinator and hotel manager were nothing but friendly, helpful and professional. Our every need was catered to and service from arrival of the guests, to the last minute of the reception, was exceptional. It has been a week, and I still have had only positive feedback from guests-not even one complaint from the 200 who attended! We looked at many venues downtown and suburbs of Chicago, but I highly recommend this location and the people working there for your wedding.

Profile Picture User3474459, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Big thanks to the staff at the Orrington for making our wedding weekend perfect. From hosting the rehearsal dinner, to accommodating all of our out of town guests, to making sure our ceremony and reception went off smoothly, Melissa, Barney and the entire staff was fantastic. We wanted to make sure our wedding had a lot of personal touches that were important to us and our family, and the staff at the Orrington was very flexible and accommodating to make sure all of our requests were met, promptly and respectfully.Would definitely recommend this venue for your event - great location and even better staff.

Profile Picture Jason, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa did a fantastic job. She was awesome! She made my wedding fabulous. Melissa paid attention to what I wanted and delivered. The food was delicious. I loved the way she set up the Heritage room according to the very small wedding size. I was very impress with the level of service ans professionalism that was displayed. Even though the wedding was small, Melissa made it still feel like a big wedding and that we were a priority.

Profile Picture Iveline, 7/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great event! Everyone was so nice and really helped us to plan a fantastic day :)

Profile Picture Christina, 8/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hotel Orrington provided me with a very elegant evening that impressed all of my guests. They went above and beyond to try to accomodate all of our wishes.

Profile Picture Brandy, 9/6/08, 5 Reviews
3.9

Overall a very good reception spacep; staff was friendly and the food was good.

Profile Picture User2677080, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews