Hilton Arlington Reviews

26 | Arlington, VA

26 Reviews for Hilton Arlington

Ann · Married on 09/01/2012

Venue was beautiful. The ballroom was spacious and elegant; all aspects of the hotel were in perfect order.
    Located in the heart of Arlington, Ballston metro station was just steps away. My guests loved the area (Ballston mall, restaurants, clubs, etc in the area).

Additionally, the staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. Catherine, the Sales Manager was very friendly and responsive to all of my needs.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Tracey · Married on 09/10/2011

We had our reception at the Hilton Arlington. A'Lyce Evans helped us plan our reception and is beyond amazing. A'Lyce is not only a pleasure to work with, she is amazing at her job. My father even commented how great he thought A'Lyce was at the reception...he is not easily impressed. A'Lyce always made time for us whenever I wanted to go over things. If there was a question she was unable to answer, she always remembered to look into it and get back in touch with me within a reasonable amount of time. The reception was amazing and the food is great. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at the tasting and were not disappointed when it came to the actual reception. The room set up was exactly how we discussed. All of the waiters and servers are very professional. The cake vendor Hilton Arlington has an agreement with is also amazing - Edibles Incredible. The cake offered in the package is way too minimal, but the additionl charge to get the cake I thought was appropriate for a wedding was not excessive. I cannot comment on the cocktail hour, as my husband and I did not make it. But, my guests all said it was great. As for the finally...the wedding night room...I won't go into details, but my husband and I were blown away by the details. Thank you A'Lyce for helping us make our night special! :)

Sent on 11/07/2011

Tricia · Married on 04/10/2010

The staff at the Hilton Arlington helped make our wedding the most memorable day of our lives! From our first visit and tour of the venue through the brunch the morning after the wedding, we felt confident that Lindsay Saltzberg (our wedding coordinator) and her staff could make anything and everything happen for us. Our wedding guests raved about the decor and set up of the ballroom, and my husband and I felt it was both elegant and cozy for our 200 guests. The food was delicious and the Hilton Arlington staff was friendly and flexible with getting the menu exactly how we wanted it. The location was fantastic; we had many appreciative guests taking the metro to/from the airport, DC for touring, and their homes. If we had it to do all over again, we wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day, and certainly nothing about the reception at the Hilton Arlington. Lindsay was a great joy to work with and we appreciate all of her hard work, creative touches, and thoughtfulness throughout the planning process. We highly recommend this venue for future brides and grooms!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Ellen · Married on 12/19/2009

Our wedding at the Hilton was everything we hoped for and more. The ballroom looked gorgeous, and the food was delicious! Lindsay was amazing- she thought of every detail and made sure that we had our dream reception. She was really fun to work with, great at making sure all the details were thought out and planned well. And when a huge blizzard decided to hit the day of our wedding, Lindsay made sure that all the potential snags (re-arranging tables, booking extra guest rooms, checking in with vendors) were taken care of. Thanks to Lindsay and the Hilton staff for making our wedding a day to remember forever!

Sent on 01/04/2010

Andrea · Married on 11/21/2009

The Hilton Arlington provided so much for us on our wedding day. Their services have great value for the price. We were able to let the Hilton take care of all our decorating, and they even helped us find all our other vendors. They really made planning our event so much easier. Our coordinator, Lindsay Saltzberg, was so helpful in taking care of all the details we would have missed, and presenting us with all the options to make our day special. She was so easy to work with - she felt like a friend as well as an event coordinator. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful our reception was, and I give all the credit to the Hilton for helping us shape an event that reflected our personalities. The hotel was also very accommodating and attentive to our guests who stayed there overnight. I would recommend the Hilton Arlington to anyone hosting an event in Northern Virginia.

Sent on 11/29/2009

Deanna · Married on 11/14/2009

Lindsay Saltzberg did a great job coordinating all the details of our ceremony as well as the reception. She made great suggestions and guided us professionally through the entire process; making it much easier and fun than I anticipated. We received excellent quality food and service for the cost.

Sent on 11/25/2009

Mary Beth · Married on 11/07/2009

I can't say enough about our event coordinator and contact, Lindsay. She was so responsive, capable, reliable, friendly, and professional. It made planning a big event much less stressful to know that when she said something was taken care of, we could consider it done. Thanks for a great wedding experience.

Sent on 11/13/2009

Catherine · Married on 10/24/2009

Lindsay Saltzberg was wonderful to work with in planning our wedding reception at the Hilton Arlington. Lindsay was very easy to work with, very professional, reliable, and very detail oriented in both the reception and any issues with our guests and their stay at the hotel.
    We received numerous compliments about the flawless reception. We owe it all to Lindsay. It could not have gone as well as it did without her.
    I would highly recommend any bride and groom to work with Lindsay Saltzberg and the staff at the Hilton Arlington.
    We had a perfect day and a great experience working with all those at the Hilton Arlington! Thank you!

Julie · Married on 10/24/2009

The Hilton Arlington was a great place for my daughter's wedding. The ballroom was very nice and the food was wonderful. Lindsay did a excellent job coordinating everything for us.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2009

Lindsay is an excellent wedding coordinator! I feel like my wedding would not have been so successful without her inputs and guidance. She was there for me every step of the way, and was very flexible and accomodating with my requests and changes. Everyone commented on how nice the space looked, and how smoothly the entire wedding flowed. I would definitely recommend her services to every bride. Thank you Lindsay!

Sent on 10/28/2009

Tamara · Married on 08/01/2009

The Hilton Arlington staff overall was excellent however I must give special credit to Lindsay Saltzberg. Lindsay anticipated every question a bride could have and was extremely accommodating. I selected this venue based primarily on my interaction with Lindsay, she made me feel that everything would be taken care of for our wedding reception and everything was. Thank you sooo much for that!

Katie · Married on 07/11/2009

Lindsay was such a pleasure to work with. She helped me make my dream wedding come true. I have and will continue to recommend her services to any one.

Linda · Married on 06/06/2009

Lindsay Saltzberg and her staff were wonderful! They were attentive, cooperative, professional, thorough, and so very kind. Lindsay is amazing!

Sent on 09/17/2009
  • Gallo

Michele · Married on 10/25/2008

We loved our wedding reception at the Hilton Arlington, they were fabulous in every way!

Appetizers were attractive and tasty, and the cocktail area was perfect for pre-reception lingering and pictures. We got tons of compliments on the food, they were accommodating when we wanted to switch out the dessert choice, the staff was wonderful, the room was beautiful. Folks were very happy to be able to linger in the bar next door afterwards (very important for a big irish wedding!)

We also used their in-house vendor for uplights - which we could afford because they have nice options for little centepieces on the tables.

And I shouldn't forget, the banquet manager was great (though I don't recall his name, oops!)

Sent on 06/24/2009

Em · Married on 06/16/2007

The hilton was great. All of our guests stayed there for less than $99 a night and the prices were, by far, the best in the DC area. Connie was AMAZING!!! And the food and appetizers were talked about for months.

Sent on 03/30/2008

Kristine · Married on 10/17/2009

The Hilton Arlington is a great place to have your reception. The staff, especially the Wedding Coordinator, Lindsay Saltzberg, is very professional and competent. The Hilton gave our guests a great rate for the weekend and even expanded our room block when more guests needed rooms than we expected. Lindsay also worked with me on the pricing since I had over 200 guests and couldn't afford the hotel's online prices. The Hilton's proximity to the metro also made it ideal for our guests to get to and from our ceremony in downtown DC. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a DC wedding with a lot of out of town guests.

Karim · Married on 04/18/2009

Overall excellent experience. The wedding planner was outstanding and a pleasure to work with. She bent over backwards to help w/ all aspects of our reception and she was proactive when it came to coordinating things between our vendors and the reception site. Two recommendations that we could give are 1)Ask the wedding planner if they foresee (as much as possible) themselves still working for the Hilton or in the same capacity down the line closer to your actual wedding date and 2) Does the hotel plan on doing any construction on or around the date of your wedding? If we had known to ask this before we signed the contract it would have been helpful but the truth is, looking back, it wouldn't have changed our decision. Things went so perfectly with so little stress that the Hilton Arlington was a great fit all around. Not to mention, EVERYONE we encountered from the hotel staff was so nice and courteseous! Multiple guests at our wedding who stayed at the hotel commented on this as well. It was obvious that customer service is a company-wide priority at this Hilton.

Kasara Williams · Married on 07/13/2019

Newly renovated hotel with great event staff

Stacey Lisborg and Patrick Quinn were a pleasure to work with as we planned our wedding reception. They were flexible and accommodating. They answered all our pesky questions and didn't mind last minute changes. The food was great as well. My guests commented on how delicious the past appetizers were during the cocktail hour! We had a seated dinner for 75 guests with a salad and entree then provided our own wedding cake. No problem for them! Their wedding package cannot be beat since it includes an open bar and champagne toast as well as the cocktail hour and passed appetizers.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Hilton Arlington's reply:

Congratulations to a beautiful couple. You and Jeffery were amazing to work with. Enjoy this new chapter of your life.

Carl · Married on 03/28/2009

We worked with Lindsay Saltzberg for our wedding reception. Lindsay was responsive, professional, and extremely accomodating of all of our requests. The only reason I don't give a 5 for responsiveness is due to Lindsay's predecessor. The Hilton Arlington changed coordinators on us about 2 months before our wedding. Lindsay's predecessor never informed us of her departure, so we were taken aback on having someone new to have to work with. After our first meeting however, Lindsay won us over and was easier to work with than our previous coordinator. The value was great too... We had a large guest list and wanted a hotel ballroom somewhere between Ballston and Rosslyn. The Hilton's prices were far and away better than the competition.

Soojin · Married on 10/14/2006

The wedding coordinator at Hilton Arlington worked with us to customize the reception menu to fit our budget. She always returned our calls on time. She also made sure there wasn't another event on the same evening as our wedding so that we can have the whole hall to ourselves.

Sent on 05/07/2008

Christine · Married on 08/22/2010

My husband and I had our wedding at the Hilton Arlington and it was fabulous! I'll be honest, I was a little nervous, they used to have the most amazing catering manager and when she left I was scared our wedding would not get the attention it deserved. It took them a little bit to transition but once they did find a new catering manager, Rodney, he proved to be just as good as Lindsay! Of all the hotels I've visited I've never met another catering manager as eager to please and flexible as both Lindsay and Rodney, how the Hilton managed to acquire both these talents astounds me!! They'll work with you on price, final count, everything! And what's even more surprising is the food is actually really good!! I come from a family of all star, amazing cooks so usually I don't care for wedding food, but the Hilton's food was great! I had so many guests comment on the fact that it was the best wedding food they have had! Also, they're not clock watchers, when 11pm came by no one came to kick me out. I lost track of time and my husband actually said "hey baby, it's 11:05pm, we probably shouldn't stay any longer so the servers can go home." So I walked up to the servers and apologized for staying beyond 11pm but they said they would leave whenever we were ready, so we did one final song and headed out... Overall, everyone there is super kind, the reception was great, and we're happy we did it at the Hilton.

Sent on 09/07/2010

J · Married on 10/17/2009

The staff at the Hilton Arlington were all very professional, friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and Lindsay Sultzberg was very willing to work with us regarding the package cost and what could be done to help stay within our budget. Our only concerns were with our guests who stayed at the hotel. Although, again the staff was very willing to make accommodations; there was only one elevator working which created a problem for guests being able to attend the cocktail hour. Also, the hall floors were very cold and although our concerns were voiced and heard; it seemed the engineering staff could not make that correction during our stay. Otherwise, an excellent choice for a reception - very conveniently located to the Metro and restaurants, etc. Our guests all spoke highly of the venue choice.

Kristin · Married on 05/02/2009

Overall, the venue was good for our reception. They had the head table lit from behind so it looked cool and shadowy (hard to explain). There were a few monetary issues, but overall it was ok. The new girl there, Lindsey, is very nice. My only complaint is that the bar was set up outside the ballroom, which made it kind of awkward because half the crowd was outside getting drinks half the time.

Sent on 05/05/2009

navneet · Married on 04/03/2010

4.2

Great venue, amicable staff and manager, flexible to last minute changes

Sent on 04/22/2010

amanda · Married on 04/13/2013

3.0
      3.5
      3.5

We had a few bumps in the road with the Hilton. Our original POC - Catherine, who we adored, left suddenly about 3 months before our wedding. We were devastated, but since I had hired a day-of planner (Tara Melvin with Perfect Planning), I was confident things would run smoothly even without Catherine.
    Our planner asked to have a meeting with our new POC and us to go over the details we had already arranged and do the initial site visit. During this meeting, we met our interim POC - who was a bit reluctant to work with us on much. I was feeling very uneasy after this visit. It just seemed like anything we discussed would incur an additional charge - even if it was something we had discussed with Catherine previously. We were told we couldn't even get the ballroom to begin set-up until 5 pm - which was an hour before the cocktail hour was set to begin. There was also a bit of confusion over what already selected for the food and an upgraded beverage option.
    I also felt like the responsiveness was a little sluggish. Every time the BEO was sent to me there needed to be corrections made.
    Now, all of that being said - my wedding was an absolutely beautiful event. Whatever issues I had with the Hilton to begin with, were completely negated by the time my reception began.
    The food was absolutely amazing. Not that I really got to eat any of it - but every guest we have spoken to since has gushed about how delicious everything was. Even the passed hors d'oeuvres were fantastic. Not only that, but the service was phenomenal. The wait staff were very responsive to any issues (one guest was given an entree with meat, but was a vegetarian - they were quick to make the change).
    Although I was a bit nervous initially, the Hilton really pulled through. I am truly grateful that we chose them. The prices were reasonable and everyone there completely bent-over backwards to be sure that we had a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 04/23/2013