Hillendale Country club Reviews

72 | Phoenix, MD

72 Reviews for Hillendale Country club

Kim · Married on 06/29/2018

This venue is a hidden gem! When I was calling around to places this was the only place that got my vision of a smaller wedding (though they can handle large ones too) and offered me great suggestions to stay within our budget. Near the end of planning the coordinator left, but the transition to the new person was well communicated and Rachel exceeded our expectations on our wedding day over and over! We had 0 stress the entire day---they were a step ahead of us always offering great suggestions too! Everyone raved over the views of the golf course during the ceremony and people are still telling us how amazing the food was a week later! The twinkle lights in the lobby are gorgeous as well. I highly recommend this place and am so glad we went with them for our special day!

Becca · Married on 05/19/2018

I could honestly write a book about how great this place was. Shannon was fabulous from the beginning, to say the least. Responsiveness was top notch, and the entire team made sure everything was perfect. They went above and beyond, and made the entire process so personal. All that is included in their package is actually a great deal and high quality. Food was good, the place was decorated perfectly, and they were so accommodating. We had to move our wedding indoors because of massive storms, and it was still so beautiful. An outside ceremony is also gorgeous there. Can’t wait for all of the pictures. If you’re rhinking about Hillendale, I guarantee you’re making the right choice.

Marie · Married on 05/20/2017

This is an amazing venue to hold your reception! Shannon was amazing throughout the entire process of planning our wedding - super responsive and helpful. The food was outstanding (guests were raving about the crab cakes) and there is a great outdoor patio that essentially creates another space for guests at your wedding, especially if the weather is nice (we had a cigar bar that people loved). The staff also took the decorations we brought in and made the entire space look spectacular with only a bit of direction from us. Also plenty of room and a great dance floor for a large band if you decide to have one (we had a 9 piece band). Highly recommend Hillendale!

Rebecca · Married on 05/13/2017

Amazing, amazing people and venue! Shannon and her team were fabulous planning the event and were so relaxed and fun to work with! The day of was perfection! HIGHLY recommended for anyone who is planning a bigger wedding!

Tracy · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I could not be more happier with having our wedding at Hillendale Country Club. From the start, we had a wonderful experience. We worked with Tina throughout our wedding planning process, and we cannot say enough about how wonderful she was to work with. She was very accommodating, even when we ended up changing our date. She was very helpful and responsive, and we felt comfortable with her. She had wonderful suggestions for everything, from our DJ and decor, to wedding favors. The day of our wedding could not have been a more perfect day. Tina was amazing at helping to make sure everything was taken care of, and all of the staff were very friendly. My family and I had many compliments from guests at how wonderful the wedding was. The food was also delicious! We also had our rehearsal dinner there, and it was a wonderful experience. We would highly recommend Hillendale Country Club. Thank you!

Caroline · Married on 09/24/2016

I cannot say enough about Tina and the entire staff at Hillendale. Tina ensured every last detail of my wedding was executed to perfection. Every email and phone call was answered quickly, even on days off. Tina provided numerous ideas that I loved and used for my wedding. Tina made me feel like I was the only bride getting married at HCC. The food was delicious and the service excellent. I highly recommend Hillendale Country Club!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at HCC on June 4. We cannot say enough amazing things about this venue and the people that work there. Our original venue coordinator left HCC a few months shy of our wedding. We were then assigned to the GM, Tina. We were a little nervous at first to be placed with someone we had never met so close to our wedding, but it turns out it was the best blessing that could have happened. From the minute we met Tina, we felt comfortable that she was fully prepared and ready to execute every detail of our wedding perfectly and as planned. This held true through the weeks leading up to and for the entire day of the wedding. She was super responsive. She made positive suggestions to help make the day even more amazing. The staff working with her (the chefs, bridal attendants, etc) were nothing shy of amazing and professional. Our guests were floored by how BEAUTIFUL The ballroom was at the reception. The pictures on HCC's website do not even do this country club justice. I mean it. Schedule a tour and explore your decorative options, it will literally transform the already amazing room to even more breathtaking. We chose the center dance floor which I was thrilled with how it turned out. Our special day was literally a fairly tale come to life. I want to thank Tina and the entire crew for making our day the best day of our lives. Also of note: the food tasting and all meetings leading up to the event were wonderful . Tina was always willing to change or tweak anything we needed even at the last minute. She was super flexible and accommodating. Didn't have any strict "no you can't do that" sort of rules. Within reason. We also had tons of items to drop off the week of the wedding & Tina let us bring every thing ahead and I showed her what to do with it and she didn't even bat an eyelash. they were superior. highly recommend!!!! oh and the food-AMAZING!we did the filet and crab cake and they were cooked to perfection. our guests raved!

Renee is amazing, seriously. She made the entire wedding planning process easier and less stressful. She was very responsive, professional, and flexible. Hillendale is a gorgeous venue. The food was delicious -- many positive reviews from guests. And Renee made the entire place look gorgeous when she set up our decorations. All in, it was a wonderful event and we couldn't have been happier with Hillendale and Renee. Thank you!

• User4032080 · 2+ years ago

I had two different coordinators first was Renee that I was working with for over a year before my big day then I started working with Tina about a month or two and on my big day. Both were very pleasant and very accommodating. The venue was beautiful and even though it rained heavy the day before and my wedding was moved inside it was still a beautiful day. I wish i received more of my cocktail hour food but my guest raved about ALL of the food.

Lisa · Married on 08/02/2014

Hillendale Country Club was the perfect venue for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding event. This facility is absolutely gorgeous and the staff was extremely accommodating to all of our needs. The event coordinator, Renee Murphy was such a pleasure to work with and was really attentive and thorough in making our day so special. I would highly recommend this club for any of our your special events. This venue and the staff left my husband and I with great memories that we will cherish forever!

Sincerely,
    Lisa

Lisa · Married on 08/02/2014

We knew we wanted Hillendale as soon as we visited for the first time and met Renee. Hillendale is absolutely gorgeous and Renee makes the entire process of planning a wedding so much more manageable. I had a million questions and was worried about all of the details coming together as I had envisioned in my mind. Renee made it all happen seamlessly. Even though my ceremony had to be moved indoors due to extreme heat, it was still just as beautiful and everything flowed perfectly. I highly recommend Hillendale to others for the wedding of your dreams.

Kate · Married on 06/28/2014

The Hillendale staff was great throughout the whole process! Renee, the event coordinator for the club was very responsive and helped us pull everything together. The club offers many additional services included in their wedding package which really helps with cost. I had the best wedding day and everything went flawlessly because the Hillendale staff helped with so much!

After looking at many different venues for our June 2014 wedding, my husband and I were thrilled to have our wedding reception at Hillendale Country Club! Renee, the Event Sales Coordinator, is fantastic to work with-- she's friendly, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and very helpful! With their package pricing and ease of coordination, you can't beat their delicious food and beverage options, beautiful setting and exceptional service!

Alison · Married on 05/24/2014

We are so happy we had our ceremony and reception at Hillendale Country Club! Renee was so attentive and easy to work with. Our guests were blown away by everything- good food, friendly staff, and the place was beautiful. I would definitely recommend an outdoor ceremony. We couldn't imagine our wedding anywhere else.

Erin · Married on 05/03/2014

I just got married a few weeks ago (on May 3, 2014) and had my wedding ceremony & reception at at Hillendale Country Club. I cannot even begin to say enough wonderful things about HCC and Renee Murphy!!! The day went absolutely perfect, more so than I could have ever imagined in all my wedding planning stress!! Renee is so organized and thoughtful. She is very good at what she does and I always felt at ease while I was working with her to plan my big day. Renee always made herself very available to meet at HCC to help or answer any questions that I had in a very timely manner. She is so friendly and easy to work with. She goes above and beyond and even came in early on the day of my wedding and stayed late. She is there for you when you need it most and I felt so relieved to have someone like her on such a crazy day. The food was so delicious! (even though I did not eat it until the next day!) Renee and the staff at HCC were so attentive and made sure to pack up dinners for my husband and I since we were too anxious to eat that day! The venue is beautiful also. My ceremony was outside and it was such a story-book setting. The staff is wonderful at getting everything set up, all you have to do is drop it off and they work their magic for you! My wedding was so memorable and I can only attribute that to it being at such a wonderful place like HCC!

I recently got married (on April 26, 2014) and had my wedding reception at at Hillendale Country Club. I cannot say enough positive things about HCC and Renee Murphy, their Event Sales Coordinator. From the moment I first contacted Renee, she was always available and responded to all my emails in a professional and timely manner. I can also say that she went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding day would be an unforgettable experience for not only myself and my husband, but for all of our guests. I am so appreciative of everything that they did to make our wedding a spectacular event! I am still receiving emails and Facebook messages from guests letting me know how stunning they found the atmosphere at Hillendale to be and also how delicious their food was (which is a difficult thing to accomplish when you are cooking for 150 people). The golf course also presents a perfect backdrop for pictures (especially right around sunset). I would absolutely recommend HCC for weddings and any other event you may need to host!

Helen · Married on 04/05/2014

Everything was perfect. We really enjoyed working with Renee Murphy.

• Erica

Erica · Married on 10/12/2013

I had the most wonderful wedding experience at the Hillendale Country Club. Tina made the entire experience better than I could have imagined! She was extremely attentive, caring and had many great ideas to help make the day perfect! The location is beautiful and it was nice to have the entire place to ourselves! I highly recommend for you to have your wedding at the Hillendale Country Club!

HCC has made my wedding even more memorable than I could imagine. The staff was amazing and beyond friendly. Renee and Tina did everything in their power to make our day gorgeous and perfect. They are quick to respond to questions and requests. We would recommend HCC to any of our friends and would come back again!

• Renee

Renee · Married on 10/05/2013

Renee is absolutely amazing and was a huge help. I never had to worry about anything before or during the wedding. The venue is beautiful and the food is soooo good! I strongly recommend Hillendale and especially Renee Cooper.

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2013

Hillendale was wonderful and I especially loved working with Renee! There was no stress at all on the wedding day because I knew they were taking care of everything. The flow of the event was perfect and everyone raved about the food! Great place for a wedding or any special event!!

Tracy · Married on 09/07/2013

We had an amazing wedding day at Hillendale Country Club. Renee was a huge help, and clearly knows her stuff! She was friendly and professional and was a pro at managing the bridal party and the guests. She was a pleasure to work with and helped throughout the planning process, at the rehearsal, and of course the big day! We dropped off any extra decorations, etc and HCC provided all of the set-up and made our day as seamless as possible.
    Also the filet and crab cake were amazing. The filet was perfectly cooked and people have told us it was the best crab cake they've ever had. Getting that quality of food at a wedding with almost 200 people served was incredible.

Lindsay · Married on 08/10/2013

Everything was perfect!! We could not have done it without you!

Jackie · Married on 08/03/2013

Our day would not have been the same or as special if we did not have our reception at Hillendale. Renee is the best! She is available to answer any question and help walk you through anything you need. The day off she is there making sure everything is perfect and everything is just the way you want it. Did I mention how excellent the food was?! The food the day of the wedding tasted just as good the day of tasting if not better. I would highly recommend Hillendale to any bride!