Hill Country Strings Reviews

25 | Austin, TX

25 Reviews for Hill Country Strings

Jim · Married on 04/29/2017

I just wanted to give a shout out to Thomas and his amazing musicians! My daughter recently got married at Villa Antonia in the Austin area, and we hired Hill Country Strings for this special occasion. The String Quartet we selected played as everyone was arriving, during the wedding, and also during the cocktail hour and dinner. It was an excellent choice, and I couldn't have been happier with their performance!

Sent on 04/29/2017

blair · Married on 04/22/2017

We had Hill Country Strings play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! They were absolutely fabulous! They are such a talented band that made our wedding so special. We would definitely recommend Hill Country Strings to all of our friends!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Hannah · Married on 03/25/2017

Hill Country Strings came as a recommendation from our venue and we couldn't have been more pleased with them. Not only were they flexible with our music choices, but they had multiple options for our Jewish wedding (which not everyone does). We also incorporated their great selection of modern music. We dealt directly with Thomas and he is a great communicator, quick responder and a pleasure to work with. We were very happy and highly recommend this string quartet!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Karen · Married on 10/23/2015

Thomas was great! I gave him a challenging situation at the last minute, and he pulled it off.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Hayley · Married on 08/15/2015

Hill country Strings are amazing! Very professional, prompt, organized and their music is exceptional! I HIGHLY recommend them for your wedding.... we got multiple compliments on their music and it really helped make our ceremony at St. Austin Catholic Church in Austin, Tx even more special! Use them!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Kathleen · Married on 07/19/2015

Hill Country Strings provided Violin accompaniment to our Church Wedding (Mass).
    I cannot imagine the service without the beautiful addition of "strings" to the organ and cantor.
    Also the most beautiful Ave Maria you have ever heard . . .

Sent on 08/02/2015

Denise · Married on 06/13/2015

Hill Country Strings probably was our easiest vendor to work with. Thomas has the whole process so organized, from emailing the contract, wedding worksheets, sample music, organization of ceremony, etc. He provided reminder emails, stayed in contact up to our wedding. The musicians were dressed beautifully, were very professional, and of course sounded like angels!!!

Hill country Strings exceeded our expectations 100fold!!!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Being a wedding photographer myself, I have done a lot of weddings with Hill Country Strings and always knew that one day I would hire them for my wedding. Wonderful music for my ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. They were very responsive and easy to work with. Highly recommend them! Svetlana

Sent on 08/19/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2015

Hill Country Strings did an excellent job of providing music for our daughter's wedding. I would highly recommend Hill Country Strings for your musical needs at a wedding ceremony!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Hill Country Strings was great addition to our wedding! They provided that classical ambience that added a special touch to our ceremony.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Nancy · Married on 04/25/2015

Thomas and Hill Country Strings were wonderful! Very professional and very easy to work with. Our daughter's ceremony venue was quite large and Thomas was able to recommend the correct number and types of instruments needed for the space so that the music could be heard and appreciated. We used a combination of classical and modern music and it was all perfect. I highly recommend using Hill Country Strings!!!!

Nancy

Sent on 07/28/2015

Katy · Married on 04/18/2015

Hill Country Strings was amazing. When I called to see if they were available they weren't but they worked with me to figure out how they could play at our wedding. It poured down rain at our wedding but so they stayed and kept playing until the rain stopped. Love love love them!!!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Betsy · Married on 04/18/2015

We were so pleased with our experience with Hill Country Strings. They were very professional and easy to deal with. Our daughter requested songs not on their list of songs and they were able to fulfill her request. I would strongly recommend this group.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Brenden · Married on 04/18/2015

Beautiful music which was both classic and contemporary. The guests just loved what the string quartet brought! It was one of the highlights of our wedding and I wouldn't have done that aspect ANY differently! I was so very happy!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Toni · Married on 04/11/2015

Hill Country Strings provided the music for the ceremony at my daughter's wedding. The music was amazing. Thomas van der Brook was awesome in helping with the planning. When we visited the open house at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy, they were wonderful that day and just as wonderful on my daughter's wedding day.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Adrienne · Married on 03/27/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Hill Country Strings! I made a (very!) last minute decision to have live ceremony music, and though it was a time crunch, Thomas and HCS came through tremendously for me! They were so very responsive, and easy to work with. They had great suggestions and recommendations, and I trusted them implicitly. I am SO glad I made the decision to hire them as part of our wedding -- they provided the soundtrack, and it was just beautiful. Thank you, Hill Country Strings!!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Ann · Married on 03/07/2015

The music was perfect and we were very happy with the responsiveness and quality of service. We would definitely recommend Hill Country Strings for any event !!!!!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Jeanne · Married on 01/24/2015

Hill Country Strings was a highlight of my daughter's wedding! From the planning phase to the wedding day, they were a pleasure to work with. Their talent was the perfect soundtrack to a very special weekend. I plan on using them again!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Vanessa · Married on 05/04/2014

Hill Country Strings are such a gem! They are remarkably versatile and accommodating. When my hubby and I first met Thomas we had A LOT of excitement and ideas about the music we wanted for our wedding. HCS really listened and delivered. All of the music matched the personality of our brunch wedding -- fun, sweet, vintage-inspired, and airy.

Thomas & Dave worked within our budget and shared our excitement every step of the way. We arranged for a nontraditional mix of music for the ceremony -- instrumentals of "Rainbow Connection" and The Beatles' "I Will" for the processional and bride's entrance. HCS also performed Dusty Springfield's "I Only Want to Be With You" with vocals for our recessional. Their renditions were just angelic-- superstar talent on the strings, and Aja has the sweetest voice ever! We were glowing when we heard our songs played.

HCS performed jazz during our cocktail hour AND fun 60s music for our reception. For our last dance, they played another special request as a way to celebrate the couple at our wedding who had been married the longest --an upbeat song from their own wedding year. Brought smiles to all our guests!

As I understand it, this was the first time that HCS performed the entirety of a wedding, from ceremony to reception. Thomas was ON for the whole 5 hours of our wedding! Everything went so smoothly -- they performed like they've been doing this for years.

My husband and I are very passionate about music -- thanks to HCS our wedding music made the celebration extra fun, elegant, and meaningful. I definitely recommend HCS -- they will make your big day extra special.

Sent on 05/17/2014

Emily · Married on 11/03/2013

We couldn't be happier with our experience working with Thomas and Hill Country Strings. Thomas was always quick to respond to any of our questions and the worksheets and materials he provides make planning the ceremony music as easy as possible. Since their repertoire is so extensive, we chose to include both classical and contemporary music, which is a great option when you're trying to appeal to a lot of diverse musical tastes. Thomas wrote an arrangement for the bridal procession and it was beautiful; it was so special and meaningful to us to have that song as part of the ceremony. Thomas was also very thorough in making sure the ceremony cues and timing was correct and that everything went very smoothly. The quartet played beautifully! They set the tone for the cocktail hour and many guests commented to us about how much they enjoyed the music. We absolutely recommend Hill Country Strings without reservation, they did a wonderful job and were a pleasure to work with. Thanks, Thomas!
    -Emily & Jeremy

Sent on 12/08/2013

Amy · Married on 02/14/2013

Steven Bright from Hill Country Strings played the Harp Guitar for our wedding ceremony, which was so beautiful. I made the arrangements through Thomas van der Brook, and he was so easy to work with. This was a destination wedding, so we communicated by email. The harp guitar music was so special!

Sent on 03/14/2013
  • User4701956 · 2+ years ago

Hill Country Strings was exceptionally professional and prompt when returning emails. They made our wedding beautiful. Their website makes it easy to pick out specific repertoire for your special event. You should definitely hire this company for your next event.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Miki · Married on 06/15/2013

Thomas and his musicians were great! They have a large repertoire, so we felt like the music was very customized and personal. Our initial conversation lasted about an hour, while he interviewed us to find out what kind of event we'd like to have. He clearly loves weddings, and it was great to work with him! Thanks!!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/18/2015

3.5

The friendliness and performance quality were outstanding. They helped me keep their arrival a surprise.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Catherine · Married on 10/11/2014

3.5

With out a doubt, the musicians are very talented and our church and cocktail music was beautiful. The only thing that I can say negative was that we had a catholic mass and the first round of songs we chose were not part of their repertoire. WE could have paid them extra to learn new songs, but opted to choose from their playlist. Liturgical music varies between Catholic and Protestant churches, so our options were a little limited for our mass. Nonetheless, they did a great job and added so much to both our ceremony and our reception.

Sent on 10/19/2014