Hildene Reviews

62 | Manchester, VT

62 Reviews for Hildene

Ryan · Married on 08/31/2017

Nicole has put in a tremendous amount of effort to make sure that our day was absolutely pristine. She was very knowledgable about the vendors and was able to steer us in a direction that worked towards our budget effectively. Thank you so much Nicole!

Cynthia · Married on 08/31/2017

Nicole Brock was the wedding coordinator for my daughter’s wedding at the Hildene in late August. The event was perfect, absolutely flawless. The service, the food, the timing of events were all superbly executed. Both families as well as the guests are still raving about the event. Nicole was a joy to work with and has the perfect blend of friendliness and professionalism. The bride, groom, and both sets of parents all live in Florida and had NEVER been to the venue, so basically everything was done by Nicole via phone and texts. She really is a wonderful event planner and I highly recommend her!

Al · Married on 08/31/2017

Our daughter’s wedding at The Hildene was beautiful. The service was outside overlooking a nice view, the reception was in a tented area and the food was delicious. Our servers and bartenders were outstanding and the photo booth was a big hit. Nicole was the wedding planner who coordinates everything and oversaw the entire event. Our daughter and her husband were very pleased with her results and she was very accommodating.

Al · Married on 08/31/2017

Nicole and all of the staff were very friendly and professional. They went out of their way to make everyone happy. The wedding was perfect! The scenery was fabulous and beautiful!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Helen · Married on 08/31/2017

The Hildene wedding of our son Ryan and his lovely bride Lexi was a truly a dream come true. Although we live in Florida, the wedding was seamlessly and easily planned from afar with Hildene’s own wedding Director, Nicole Brock. Nicole made it all happen with expert ease. Everything was magical from the start, from the luxurious décor, the scenic grounds and garden, the spectacular displays of flowers and lavish hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour to the amazing dinner. The Hildene staff was impeccable as they attended quietly to every planned detail and accommodated every guest. The gorgeous reception area was carefully designed and everyone remarked on its beauty and perfection.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Harley · Married on 06/14/2017

Perfect venue and Nicole was the best! Was everything we wanted and more!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Arielle · Married on 06/10/2017

Hildene is absolutely stunning and Nicole is an absolute dream to work with. She is so professional and so incredible at what she does. We booked our date a year and a half out, but even so, Nicole helped to answer any questions and provide advice well in advance of our wedding. And as we got closer, she would even go so far as to email us to say she would be out of the office for a day or two, but we should feel free to reach out at any time and she would get right back to us - which she did!

It was so clear right from the beginning that Nicole is the best at what she does. She worked with us to help create our vision and the results exceeded all expectations. On the day of, she made sure everything ran smoothly and was the best night or our lives. We truly cannot thank her enough for all of the work she did. You only need to look at pictures to see how magical a place Hildene is, but Nicole made our dream a reality!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Abigail · Married on 05/27/2017

Hildene was the most beautiful location to have our wedding. I had been going to Hildene ever since I was little and thought of it as a perfect wedding location after we got engaged. Everyone was wowed by the charm of the house and the breathtaking views during our ceremony. Our wedding photo scenery was just amazing. And Nicole was so wonderful throughout the process. She answered so many of our questions and helped ensure we stayed on track leading up to and on the day. Her recommendations for hair and makeup (Make Me Fabulous), tent decor (from Rain or Shine), food and drink recommendations (from Pangaea), florist (Peggy at the Lily of the Valley), ceremony and cocktail hour music (Dorset Trio), and helping us bring our vision together for the big day were all spot on. We couldn't have done it without her. She was amazing. Thank you for everything you did to make our big day so special, Nicole!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

We had our dream wedding at Hildene! Every detail was perfect, thanks to Nicole and the Hildene staff! Throughout the whole planning process, Nicole was warm, flexible, and helpful. She facilitated (and attended) all of the meetings with the caterer and florist, and offered valuable advice along the way. It is clear that Nicole's top priority is making sure that the couples with whom she works are happy. For us, she seemed to go out of her way to ensure that we had no complaints. She is also extremely organized, detail-oriented, and responsive, despite the large number of weddings she has to coordinate each year (I'm not sure how she keeps track of everything!). The florist (Lily of the Valley) and caterer (Pangaea) were also extremely accommodating and easy to work with. The flowers were lovely, and the food was amazing (probably the best I've had at a wedding). Hildene, as a venue, was absolutely beautiful, and everyone at our wedding commented on what an incredible setting it was for a wedding. We are beyond thrilled by how everything turned out. It truly was the PERFECT wedding, and we really can't say enough good things about Hildene and Nicole.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

I can't say enough about Hildene and Nicole, the Wedding and Private Functions Director. My husband and I were married there in September '16 and it was a day beyond our wildest dreams. The venue itself is breath taking but the level of service we received from Nicole and her team was really the star. Planning a wedding is so stressful and we truly couldn't have done it without Nicole. She answered any and all questions promptly (via phone or email), seamlessly coordinated with outside vendors, and gave thoughtful advice when we asked. She was the 'wizard behind the curtain' who made our wedding dreams come true. You can tell how deeply Nicole cares about each couple and we truly valued her friendship and support.

The venue itself was perfect. It was important to us to have an the ceremony outside and the reception at the same location and the views from the ceremony site overlooking the valley are unparalleled. Our guests were blown away at the natural beauty of the grounds.

One important thing to note is that Hildene only works with one caterer and one florist. Some may be initially hesitant about the perceived limitations of this arrangement, but Pangaea and Lily of the Valley Florist were incredible. Because HIldene works with these vendors regularly they have an incredibly rapport. Everything from tastings to day of logistics were so smooth and easy. The food was incredible (well beyond standard wedding food) and the flowers were stunning.

We are so grateful to Nicole and the staff of Hildene, Pangaea, and Lily of the Valley. You delivered a perfect wedding and we are forever thankful.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Elissa · Married on 09/10/2016

I highly recommend Hildene. Need to book more than year in advance because it is so popular.
    It was a picture perfect, fairy tale setting. The gardens, grounds, alter, patio, house, tent, were all absolutely perfect. Food was excellent, service top notch. Nicole, our wedding coordinator was always available, very patient with all of our questions, very accommodating,resourceful and efficient. She knows a lot of the vendors so she always had good recommendations. Nicole is very experienced and professional and a lot of fun to work with. My only piece of advice is to be clear what services Hildene offers and what vendors you have to contact yourself. Having never planned a wedding before I was unclear about all of the details. While the staff at Hildene provide a lot of information on vendors the brides family has to make a lot of the detail arrangements. We figured it all out but would have been nice to have a check list with time lines provided upfront.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2016

This review is LONG overdue. From the moment we stepped on the Hildene grounds we knew that this was it. We searched numerous wedding venues around Vermont and none of them gave us that WOW factor...until Hildene! Nicole was always extremely responsive and very patient. I probably did not even utilize her expertise as much as I should have, but every time I had a dilemma (or crisis), an email/phone call with Nicole always made me feel at ease & more relaxed. She also had really great input when it came to flowers, food, etc. and helped to work with our budget. Nicole not only loves her job & working with each couple, but my husband & I have also found a lifelong friend in her.

The tastings with Bill were amazing and no request was ever too much for them. People are still talking about how it was the best filet they ever had. Every person we encountered from the servers to bartenders were all professional & cheerful. Peggy, the florist, took all of my ideas (& her own) and photos and made wonderful bouquets and centerpieces! She was also very willing to work with our budget while still ensuring the decor looked beautiful! One thing that I loved about working with Hildene and all of the vendors is knowing that I could entrust everyone with our wedding without having to micromanage or ever worry. Hildene only works with the best and I knew that the day of our wedding would be perfect because of this.

We feel extremely blessed to have had our wedding at Hildene & love going back to visit when we are in town! We cannot thank everyone enough for a magical wedding!! - Alyssa & Kyle Murphy

Gabriela · Married on 08/06/2016

Don't think twice!! An amazing venue!!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Brian · Married on 08/06/2016

If by chance you are on the fence and are still mulling over a couple options for your Wedding venue... PLEASE STOP!!! Hildene is the venue for you! My wife and I got married in August of 2016 and after 4 months, we still find ourselves escaping back to the property every chance we get to relive the moment. Working with Nicole made the planning process seamless and her relationships in Vermont and beyond truly make any ideas you have a possibility. May-October, Hildene and the Town of Manchester are the perfect destination for a Wedding Celebration!

Cheers,
    Brian M.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Alyce · Married on 08/05/2016

If you want to spend the most romantic night of your life under the stars, with your beloved friends and family celebrating your love for one another...book Hildene now! You will not regret your decision. Hildene far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we met Nicole she put us at ease and helped us navigate the challenges of planning a wedding. She was there at every step and we were grateful. Every staff person at Hildene is professional and charming and they added to the beauty of our day. And your guests will LOVE the venue! :)

Sent on 09/07/2016

Kelsey · Married on 06/25/2016

We had our wedding at the Hildene this past June and we couldn't have imagined a better venue for the occasion! The surrounding mountains provided an incredible backdrop for the day, the gardens behind the home made for a very unique and memorable cocktail hour (guests also loved being able to tour the home at this time), and the tent reception couldn't have gone better (great tent size, very comfortable for our 200+ guests and big dance floor!). It was a pleasure working with Hildene's event coordinator, Nicole Brock - she really helped make the whole day go smoothly. Pangaea Catering's food and service was amazing (love that it's a local Vermont caterer) and we were very impressed with Lily of the Valley florist - both were so great to work with throughout planning process. Overall, our wedding couldn't have gone any better and we very highly recommend the Hildene for a wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2016

I can not say enough good things about Hildene. From the venue to the staff, our wedding day really was a dream come true! Nicole was such a joy to work with...her cool and collected personality made the process fun and not stressful. She has great relationships with the florist, caterer, DJ and photographer, so there was great communication between all vendors. The location is absolutely stunning which made the event even more enjoyable for our guests. My husband and I are so fortunate to have had our wedding at Hildene!!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Susanne · Married on 06/04/2016

Getting married at the Hildene was an incredible experience! Nicole helped keep me on schedule with the planning, and having one caterer and florist to handle everything made the whole planning aspect so much easier! Plus they were both excellent! My friends still talk about the food at our wedding - it was simply divine!

Nicole was so easy to work with and really became a friend through it all to me and my husband! The venue is gorgeous, and they think of details that I didn't even think to incorporate - while also being honest about what would be useful and what probably wasn't needed.

Getting married here was just an amazing experience -everything went smoothly, our pictures are gorgeous, and all the vendors used were so willing to do whatever they could to make our day so special!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Jhon · Married on 01/05/2016

We love you thanks a lot!!! we highly recommended them!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Andrea · Married on 10/03/2015

My daughter's wedding at The Hildene in Manchester, Vermont, was a wonderful experience; the venue was beautiful and Nicole Brock, Hildene's wedding coordinator was amazing. Nicole's guidance and advice throughout the entire yearlong process was incredible. She responded to all our questions and concerns in a prompt and professional manner. Her advice with regards to the vendors was invaluable. With regards to the food tastings, she guided us just enough in making our selections and in keeping our food quantities appropriate. Nicole's attention to detail was evident throughout the entire wedding. She seemed to be everywhere that evening helping my guests, securing drinks for the toasts and making certain that the bride and groom sat down to eat. Nicole was very supportive and always offered options in any decision we had to make. Her staff was an absolute tribute to her, professional and responsive manner. My husband and I would gladly have Nicole orchestrate another wedding for us again. She is a delight!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Lara · Married on 10/03/2015

Hildene was the most breathtaking and incredible ceremony and reception venue. I am beyond thrilled that my husband and I chose Hildene as the place to celebrate the most momentous day of our lives! I am still smiling ear to ear because of our experience and I am already looking forward to sharing many more exciting memories together at the beautiful estate of Robert Todd Lincoln. This gorgeous estate now holds the memory of our wedding and just the thought of that is surreal. I could seriously go on and on about how phenomenal Hildene was in hosting our wedding. Nicole, the wedding coordinator was an expert in her role and truly made my wedding planning experience easy. Nicole was organized and on-point and on the day of had everything planned perfectly, while also demonstrating immense flexibility to ensure the most epic celebration! Nicole provided exceptional service, responsiveness, and professionalism leading up to the wedding and throughout the whole weekend. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AT HILDENE FOR PROVIDING US WITH THE MOST PHENOMENAL, MEMORABLE, AND LOVE-FILLED CEREMONY AND RECEPTION A BRIDE AND GROOM COULD EVER ASK FOR!

Sent on 10/26/2015

heidi · Married on 09/12/2015

Nicole and the Hildene staff went above and beyond for our wedding day. She was patient, open minded, and careful with every detail. It poured up until our ceremony and the staff at Hildene saw a break in the rain. They set up all the chairs, kept them dry for guests and the rain miraculously held off for our ceremony. Everyone is flexible and kind, and our guests could not stop talking about how nice everyone was! The day could not have been better- Nicole + Hildene know how to throw a phenomenal party. Nicole kept my husband and I relaxed and smiling all the way up to the event - she is just perfect for the job. I wish I could go on- but the underlining is that this is the best place to get married, with the best, most helpful staff.
    THANK YOU NICOLE AND HILDENE!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Nicole was amazing to work with. She was very responsive, helpful and accommodating. The Hildene Estate is a gorgeous venue!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2015

We are so happy we chose the Hildene Estate for our wedding. We fell in love with the beautiful scenery and knew we had to get married at the 'overlook' in the gardens of the estate. The coordinator, Nicole, was amazing! She was so attentive through the whole planning process and the day of. Rain was in the forecast for the day of our wedding, but I was adamant on having our ceremony outside, so the day before Nicole coordinated renting over sized umbrellas. It is a good thing she did because it did rain during our ceremony! The staff was great at moving things around last minute do to the weather. We had to move our cocktail hour inside the tent because of the weather, but none of our guests even knew that was a backup plan! The semi-permanent tent they have on the grounds is huge and looked beautiful once it was decorated.
    Both the caterer and florist the Hildene recommended were amazing. The florist understood my vision and executed it perfectly. Everyone loved their meals! The staff took orders at the table, and the meals were prepared on the spot so the food was warm!

We had the best day ever and would highly recommend the Hildene Estate!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2015

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at Hildene in May 2015 and everything was simply amazing. Our wedding planner Nicole was with us every step of the way to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. The grounds and the view overlooking the mountains and valley are downright stunning (which is why we booked our wedding there to begin with). Both the staff from Hildene and the catering staff from Pangaea were very upbeat, friendly and responsive to guest requests. The museum was open during the cocktail hour which gave an added layer of interest for our wedding guests.

We were a bit afraid at what the cost was going to be after seeing the venue for the first time, yet it was actually much less than we anticipated. Other venues which lacked the serene and beautiful setting were much more expensive. We would highly recommend Hildene to anyone who wants to have a beautiful background for their special day.

Sent on 06/15/2015