Hildene Reviews

Hildene 5
Hildene 6
Hildene 7

Elissa · Married on 09/10/2016

I highly recommend Hildene. Need to book more than year in advance because it is so popular.
    It was a picture perfect, fairy tale setting. The gardens, grounds, alter, patio, house, tent, were all absolutely perfect. Food was excellent, service top notch. Nicole, our wedding coordinator was always available, very patient with all of our questions, very accommodating,resourceful and efficient. She knows a lot of the vendors so she always had good recommendations. Nicole is very experienced and professional and a lot of fun to work with. My only piece of advice is to be clear what services Hildene offers and what vendors you have to contact yourself. Having never planned a wedding before I was unclear about all of the details. While the staff at Hildene provide a lot of information on vendors the brides family has to make a lot of the detail arrangements. We figured it all out but would have been nice to have a check list with time lines provided upfront.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2016

This review is LONG overdue. From the moment we stepped on the Hildene grounds we knew that this was it. We searched numerous wedding venues around Vermont and none of them gave us that WOW factor...until Hildene! Nicole was always extremely responsive and very patient. I probably did not even utilize her expertise as much as I should have, but every time I had a dilemma (or crisis), an email/phone call with Nicole always made me feel at ease & more relaxed. She also had really great input when it came to flowers, food, etc. and helped to work with our budget. Nicole not only loves her job & working with each couple, but my husband & I have also found a lifelong friend in her.

The tastings with Bill were amazing and no request was ever too much for them. People are still talking about how it was the best filet they ever had. Every person we encountered from the servers to bartenders were all professional & cheerful. Peggy, the florist, took all of my ideas (& her own) and photos and made wonderful bouquets and centerpieces! She was also very willing to work with our budget while still ensuring the decor looked beautiful! One thing that I loved about working with Hildene and all of the vendors is knowing that I could entrust everyone with our wedding without having to micromanage or ever worry. Hildene only works with the best and I knew that the day of our wedding would be perfect because of this.

We feel extremely blessed to have had our wedding at Hildene & love going back to visit when we are in town! We cannot thank everyone enough for a magical wedding!! - Alyssa & Kyle Murphy

Sent on 12/05/2017

Gabriela · Married on 08/06/2016

Don't think twice!! An amazing venue!!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Brian · Married on 08/06/2016

If by chance you are on the fence and are still mulling over a couple options for your Wedding venue... PLEASE STOP!!! Hildene is the venue for you! My wife and I got married in August of 2016 and after 4 months, we still find ourselves escaping back to the property every chance we get to relive the moment. Working with Nicole made the planning process seamless and her relationships in Vermont and beyond truly make any ideas you have a possibility. May-October, Hildene and the Town of Manchester are the perfect destination for a Wedding Celebration!

Cheers,
    Brian M.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Alyce · Married on 08/05/2016

If you want to spend the most romantic night of your life under the stars, with your beloved friends and family celebrating your love for one another...book Hildene now! You will not regret your decision. Hildene far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we met Nicole she put us at ease and helped us navigate the challenges of planning a wedding. She was there at every step and we were grateful. Every staff person at Hildene is professional and charming and they added to the beauty of our day. And your guests will LOVE the venue! :)

Sent on 09/07/2016

Kelsey · Married on 06/25/2016

We had our wedding at the Hildene this past June and we couldn't have imagined a better venue for the occasion! The surrounding mountains provided an incredible backdrop for the day, the gardens behind the home made for a very unique and memorable cocktail hour (guests also loved being able to tour the home at this time), and the tent reception couldn't have gone better (great tent size, very comfortable for our 200+ guests and big dance floor!). It was a pleasure working with Hildene's event coordinator, Nicole Brock - she really helped make the whole day go smoothly. Pangaea Catering's food and service was amazing (love that it's a local Vermont caterer) and we were very impressed with Lily of the Valley florist - both were so great to work with throughout planning process. Overall, our wedding couldn't have gone any better and we very highly recommend the Hildene for a wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2016

I can not say enough good things about Hildene. From the venue to the staff, our wedding day really was a dream come true! Nicole was such a joy to work with...her cool and collected personality made the process fun and not stressful. She has great relationships with the florist, caterer, DJ and photographer, so there was great communication between all vendors. The location is absolutely stunning which made the event even more enjoyable for our guests. My husband and I are so fortunate to have had our wedding at Hildene!!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Susanne · Married on 06/04/2016

Getting married at the Hildene was an incredible experience! Nicole helped keep me on schedule with the planning, and having one caterer and florist to handle everything made the whole planning aspect so much easier! Plus they were both excellent! My friends still talk about the food at our wedding - it was simply divine!

Nicole was so easy to work with and really became a friend through it all to me and my husband! The venue is gorgeous, and they think of details that I didn't even think to incorporate - while also being honest about what would be useful and what probably wasn't needed.

Getting married here was just an amazing experience -everything went smoothly, our pictures are gorgeous, and all the vendors used were so willing to do whatever they could to make our day so special!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Jhon · Married on 01/05/2016

We love you thanks a lot!!! we highly recommended them!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Andrea · Married on 10/03/2015

My daughter's wedding at The Hildene in Manchester, Vermont, was a wonderful experience; the venue was beautiful and Nicole Brock, Hildene's wedding coordinator was amazing. Nicole's guidance and advice throughout the entire yearlong process was incredible. She responded to all our questions and concerns in a prompt and professional manner. Her advice with regards to the vendors was invaluable. With regards to the food tastings, she guided us just enough in making our selections and in keeping our food quantities appropriate. Nicole's attention to detail was evident throughout the entire wedding. She seemed to be everywhere that evening helping my guests, securing drinks for the toasts and making certain that the bride and groom sat down to eat. Nicole was very supportive and always offered options in any decision we had to make. Her staff was an absolute tribute to her, professional and responsive manner. My husband and I would gladly have Nicole orchestrate another wedding for us again. She is a delight!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Lara · Married on 10/03/2015

Hildene was the most breathtaking and incredible ceremony and reception venue. I am beyond thrilled that my husband and I chose Hildene as the place to celebrate the most momentous day of our lives! I am still smiling ear to ear because of our experience and I am already looking forward to sharing many more exciting memories together at the beautiful estate of Robert Todd Lincoln. This gorgeous estate now holds the memory of our wedding and just the thought of that is surreal. I could seriously go on and on about how phenomenal Hildene was in hosting our wedding. Nicole, the wedding coordinator was an expert in her role and truly made my wedding planning experience easy. Nicole was organized and on-point and on the day of had everything planned perfectly, while also demonstrating immense flexibility to ensure the most epic celebration! Nicole provided exceptional service, responsiveness, and professionalism leading up to the wedding and throughout the whole weekend. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AT HILDENE FOR PROVIDING US WITH THE MOST PHENOMENAL, MEMORABLE, AND LOVE-FILLED CEREMONY AND RECEPTION A BRIDE AND GROOM COULD EVER ASK FOR!

Sent on 10/26/2015

heidi · Married on 09/12/2015

Nicole and the Hildene staff went above and beyond for our wedding day. She was patient, open minded, and careful with every detail. It poured up until our ceremony and the staff at Hildene saw a break in the rain. They set up all the chairs, kept them dry for guests and the rain miraculously held off for our ceremony. Everyone is flexible and kind, and our guests could not stop talking about how nice everyone was! The day could not have been better- Nicole + Hildene know how to throw a phenomenal party. Nicole kept my husband and I relaxed and smiling all the way up to the event - she is just perfect for the job. I wish I could go on- but the underlining is that this is the best place to get married, with the best, most helpful staff.
    THANK YOU NICOLE AND HILDENE!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Nicole was amazing to work with. She was very responsive, helpful and accommodating. The Hildene Estate is a gorgeous venue!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2015

We are so happy we chose the Hildene Estate for our wedding. We fell in love with the beautiful scenery and knew we had to get married at the 'overlook' in the gardens of the estate. The coordinator, Nicole, was amazing! She was so attentive through the whole planning process and the day of. Rain was in the forecast for the day of our wedding, but I was adamant on having our ceremony outside, so the day before Nicole coordinated renting over sized umbrellas. It is a good thing she did because it did rain during our ceremony! The staff was great at moving things around last minute do to the weather. We had to move our cocktail hour inside the tent because of the weather, but none of our guests even knew that was a backup plan! The semi-permanent tent they have on the grounds is huge and looked beautiful once it was decorated.
    Both the caterer and florist the Hildene recommended were amazing. The florist understood my vision and executed it perfectly. Everyone loved their meals! The staff took orders at the table, and the meals were prepared on the spot so the food was warm!

We had the best day ever and would highly recommend the Hildene Estate!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2015

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at Hildene in May 2015 and everything was simply amazing. Our wedding planner Nicole was with us every step of the way to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. The grounds and the view overlooking the mountains and valley are downright stunning (which is why we booked our wedding there to begin with). Both the staff from Hildene and the catering staff from Pangaea were very upbeat, friendly and responsive to guest requests. The museum was open during the cocktail hour which gave an added layer of interest for our wedding guests.

We were a bit afraid at what the cost was going to be after seeing the venue for the first time, yet it was actually much less than we anticipated. Other venues which lacked the serene and beautiful setting were much more expensive. We would highly recommend Hildene to anyone who wants to have a beautiful background for their special day.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 08/17/2013

Sheila, Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Our wedding was absolutely amazing and you could not have been easier to work with.

The weather in mid-August was perfect, the views were spectacular and the overall service was fantastic. Sheila even drove us home in a separate bus after the wedding. There's only one choice for food, and we couldn't have been happier with Pangea. There's also only one florist option, Nancy Bishop, and she was full of thoughtful ideas and her pricing was fair.

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • I

INGRID · Married on 07/07/2012

The venue is a dream, and the Hildene staff starting with Sheila the wedding coordinator is wonderful to work with. If you want to wow your guest I highly recommend this venue, truly a breath taking place to get married.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2011

Hildene is beautiful!! The people were so great to work with, and everything went perfectly!!couldnt have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 02/02/2012

Sabrina · Married on 09/19/2009

Sheila at the Hildene was amazing. We planned a VT wedding from Hong Kong and we could not have done it with out her! The location was gorgeous and the garden was in full bloom on 9.19.09 when we married. We wed in the back garden and had the reception on the back verandah. The space was perfect for our 60 guests and they were all thrilled with the surroundings! Sheila reccomended all of the vendors and they were all amazing! I trusted her with so much and she got it all done with bells on! This place is truly spectacular and is so romantic and peaceful! I highly reccomend The Hildene and their fantastic team!

Sent on 10/05/2009

J · Married on 09/29/2007

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding at the Hildene last fall, it was everything we had hoped for and more! We had so many comments on how we chose a fairytale location to hold the ceremony and reception. Furthermore, Sheilla was amazingly helpful and put us at ease the moment we met her. I can't say enough about the Hildene, such a special place!

Sent on 08/13/2008

If you are looking for a gorgeous garden wedding to showcase the beautiful landscape of Vermont, Hildene is the perfect place. It encompasses breathtaking views, impeccable service and enriching history all on one. The perfect spot for an intimate or grand wedding that you will remember forever.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Carolyn · Married on 10/09/2016

I was married in the fall in Hildene and could not have imagined a more picturesque setting for my wedding. While I initially did not want a tented wedding, the moment I drove up the long driveway at Hildene and saw the gorgeous historic mansion, manicured gardens, and sweeping views of the VT countryside, I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. The beauty of the site is coupled with a rich sense of history and the amazing facilities Hildene offers, including a fully air conditioned and heated tent, bridal suite, golf carts, real bathroom (not always easy to get in a tent!), and more, which all made my wedding day incredibly easy, seamless, and worry-free. Nicole, the on-site coordinator, could not be nicer or more helpful. She really has a passion for what she does, and she is more than happy to help turn your wedding dreams into a reality. She also has an amazing arsenal of wedding resources and vendors in the area, which was really helpful for us as we were from out of town. People are still talking about how beautiful our wedding was, and it was 100% due to the incredible setting at Hildene.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/13/2015

Nicole at Hildene is not your typical wedding planner, she is spunky, fun outgoing and a real blast to work with. She made me feel special throughout every meeting and especially on our wedding day. I couldn't recommend her higher. She's great.
    Hildene is also one of the most special locations - beautiful, serene, majestic. My guests still can't stop talking about how gorgeous it was.

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • ltlredfun

Lori · Married on 07/04/2008

Our summer wedding spot was beautiful. We were married at the promontory, overlooking the Manchester Valley. We walked up to the house for cocktail hour and then on to the reception under the stars. Sheila, the wedding coordinator, was a dream. She covered all the details in the process as we went along.

Sent on 10/08/2008

We had our wedding reception here and LOVE the Hildene. It is a beautiful venue, our guests were blown away by the location - it speaks for itself! It was the most amazing night of our lives for many reasons. The staff is super helpful, and the event planner (Nicole) is amazing - really easy going and fun to work with. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/21/2015