Highline String Quartet Reviews

127 | New York, NY

127 Reviews for Highline String Quartet

Amy · Married on 05/31/2017

Highline Quartet were brilliant to work with from start to finish as we organised live music for our outdoor wedding ceremony in Central Park. They were quick to respond to my initial query, flexible to meet our needs, happy to go back and forth many times regarding our chosen songs... On the day itself, the musicians were there in good time, very self sufficient, and got playing with no fuss at all. All our guests commented how much the live music added to the experience, and how talented they were in playing our chosen songs (which were more pop based than classical). They were happy to work with our officiant to time the beginning/ends of songs correctly which was very much appreciated. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Highline Quartet!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Highline String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Amy! =)

Emma · Married on 05/18/2017

The Highline Quartet were absolutely amazing and did a wonderful job. They were very accommodating and helpful and played beautifully on the day. Everybody commented how talented they were and what a wonderful atmosphere they created :)

Sent on 05/30/2017

Tom · Married on 05/13/2017

My fiancee and I found the Highline String Quartet (HSQ) via wedding wire 6 months before our wedding at The Highlands Country Club in upstate NYC. Their music samples on their website sounded great and they had a good reviews, so we pulled the trigger and hired them.

Ross, our point of contact, was very nice and accommodating. My fiancee and I wanted to walk down the aisle to Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill." Within hours, we had an email from Ross saying he was able to download the sheet music and he and the quartet would learn and play it for our wedding. Ross also supplied a mic for our officiant to speak into and for us to deliver our vows. This was a great addition since we had about 150 guests and they wouldn't have been able to hear us without the proper mic & amplification.

The HSQ played for several hours during the precessional, ceremony, and cocktail hour and left when the DJ arrived. They were all very polite, professional, and we received SO MANY COMPLIMENTS from our guests, saying how wonderful the quartet was. Both I and my fiancee would recommend them to any of our closest friends and family members.

Thank you HSQ for having made our wedding such a memorable occasion.

Tom & Allison MacKenzie-Chaves
    Brooklyn, NY

Sent on 05/20/2017

Christine · Married on 05/05/2017

These guys were prob one of the biggest highlights of my wedding! They played the classical songs during the ceremony beautifully and were a great hit with the crowd when they busted out the pop renditions during cocktail hour. Everyone was amazed and enjoyed the music. I opted to get the amplification package which I would highly recommend, especially if your wedding is on the bigger side. Ross was always very communicative throughout the whole process and very professional. Trust me, they are worth the money!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Rachel · Married on 04/08/2017

The Highline String Quartet came highly recommended from a friend and they turned out to be even better than his glowing review! They played for the ceremony and cocktail hour for our wedding at the Loeb Boathouse. Ross was extremely responsive and very easy to work with, and the whole quartet did a wonderful job the day of the wedding. They were able to accommodate our music choices and did a perfect job. They were also helpful in recommending that we use an amp for cocktail hour given the number of guests we had (around 200). They were able to do a perfect mix of pop and more classical music. I couldn't recommend them any more highly!
    - Rachel G

Sent on 04/24/2017

April · Married on 03/17/2017

The Highline String Quartet is absolutely worth booking for your wedding or gig! Their performance during the ceremony was beautiful, classic, just as we imagined. While our guests chatted over h'ordeurves for cocktail hour, their energetic pop arrangements transformed the mood from elegant to chic NY wedding. They also used iPads to read the music instead of regular binders with music - very hi-tech! Ross was wonderful to work with for the months before the wedding. They were very accommodating with our song choices, and they even made arrangements for songs that didn't already have a string quartet arrangement (which turned out amazing). They also accompanied our officiant, who sang the opening prayer. I can't say enough good things about the musicality and professionalism of this group. Tip for future couples: when in doubt, definitely choose amplification so you can hear their beautiful music! Thank you for making our day so special, Highline String Quartet!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Midge · Married on 03/01/2017

These guys are great! They really are first class. The range of music they are able to play is really amazing. The acoustic pop songs were so fun to listen to and really helped to make the night special! I would definitely recommend them and look forward to working with them in the future!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Peter · Married on 12/10/2016

I know that often a score of 5 across the board is suspect however Ross and the team at Highline String Quartet did a fantastic job for us recently at an 80th Birthday celebration where live musicians made the party a success. Ross worked with us to find the right combination of musicians to meet the musical tastes of the party goers as well as fit it all into a reasonable budget. The musicians were professional and highly talented. Many guest were asking for contact information to use them at their future celebrations. The Highline String Quartet made the event a complete success.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Shannon · Married on 11/19/2016

All of our guests loved the ceremony music! Highline Quartet was extremely responsive and were able to play everything we requested. And they were FAR less expensive than alternative options through our band company. Could not be happier!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2016

I booked highline quartet on a recommendation I received from our wedding planner and I could not be happier. Ross was very responsive and easy to work with via email. The quartet was able to play our requested processional and recessional songs without issues. They were perfect and I am very happy we booked them. Highline quartet was probably our easiest vendor to book and are affordable.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Carol · Married on 09/25/2016

Engaging the Highline String Quartet to play at my daughter’s wedding was a great decision. They were incredible and unique. Our guests were delighted at the musical prelude to the ceremony as well as the ceremony and cocktail hour music. My only regret is that I could not stop to just listen to how wonderful they were. Their set list is phenomenal and their execution of the music is fantastic. They would be an added attraction to any party. I wish I could hire them to play for me every Saturday night.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

We're so happy with our decision to hire Highline String Quartet for our Prospect Park Boathouse wedding this fall.

They are true professionals, and I never worried about waiting on a reply (Ross is amazing and very quick to response) or wondered if they could accommodate a change or request. As musicians, they are top notch. Everyone raved about them. I love that they have a strong pop repertoire — it was so fun to hear some of our favorite current songs on classical strings as guests were being sat. And they killed our ceremony music as well. There really is nothing like having live music at your ceremony -- it added so much energy and emotion.

Couldn't be happier with our choice, and I highly recommend them if you're looking for an excellent quartet for great value!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/16/2016

The quartet was wonderful! They played for both our ceremony and our cocktail hour, as I wanted something a little different than the norm. They played classical pieces for the ceremony and then switched it up and played more modern songs during the cocktail hour, and both styles sounded amazing. So glad we booked them!

Sent on 10/19/2016
  • W

Wayne · Married on 09/08/2016

We had such a wonderful ceremony which the Highline Quartet were a massive part of. They were so professional, arriving nearly an hour before the ceremony & they were such nice people as well! They even played a song for us that we requested that they'd never played before. Amazing musicians, we recommend them highly! Wayne & Marie

Sent on 09/09/2016

Highline String Quartet's reply:

Thanks Wayne! 620 Loft was awesome, and we were honored to be part of your intimate wedding.

Brooke · Married on 08/13/2016

They were absolutely wonderful! Each muscician was so kind and incredibly talented. We have beautiful new memories bc they were at our event. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Seo · Married on 08/13/2016

We had the Highline Quartet (we booked a trio) play at our wedding on 8/13/16 and I'm so glad we booked them! Ross was always super responsive and the music was beautiful on the wedding day. We opted for more recent music to be played (not traditional music) and they had such a great selection of pop songs (and traditional songs as well). Having strings play during the ceremony made it so much more intimate and the vibe it created was awesome. I would definitely recommend them if you're looking for strings to play during your ceremony.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Leah · Married on 08/06/2016

Literally one of the most favorite parts of my wedding! Very responsive with a wonderful selection of pop and classical music. I got to walk down the aisle to Beyonce's Halo! We also used them for cocktail hour and they played about 15-20 amazing rock/pop/hip hop songs. The guests loved it and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Susan · Married on 07/09/2016

We were searching for ceremony music that was traditional ... but with a twist: my daughter wanted contemporary music performed by a classic string quartet. The Highline String Quartet was the perfect choice - Ross is so easy to work with, and with every conversation it was clear that all he wanted was for us to be happy. The music we chose, with songs by Coldplay, Clean Bandit, Elvis Presley, U2, etc. was elegant and appropriate because it was performed with the same respect a classical piece would be given. The list of songs the quartet performs encompasses every musical genre, and if you don't see exactly what you want, you are encouraged to ask. I recommend The Highline string Quartet, without reservation, to anyone who wants beautiful music at their ceremony, cocktail hour or reception - I could not have been happier with them, from start to finish!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Suzie · Married on 07/09/2016

The string quartet was fantastic and really helped set the tone of our wedding ceremony. We wanted to change it up for the cocktail hour so Ross put together a jazz trio for us which was equally as fantastic. Ross was professional and easy to work with and it was really nice that he was able to accommodate the songs we had chosen for the ceremony. My husband and I highly recommend highline!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Carol · Married on 06/25/2016

Sent on 07/07/2016

Joe · Married on 06/25/2016

This review is for a same-sex wedding. Having strings for both the ceremony and cocktail hour was one of my non-negotiables going into the wedding planning process and I couldn't be happier with our choice. The Highline String Quartet has a host of musicians in the ensemble that can make up the string quartet and all of them are classically trained. Ross was the main person we worked with and he was extremely receptive to my questions and provided guidance along the way. The group played classical music 30 minutes leading up to the ceremony while guests arrived, three personalized songs during the ceremony and modern/contemporary music during the cocktail hour.

We got so many compliments about their music from our guests throughout the night and the weeks following the wedding. We did add the extra sound amplification for the cocktail hour, which definitely was the right move and I recommend other couples do the same. Our wedding was in Prospect Park at the Boathouse and my only comment is that two of the musicians had trouble finding the venue - but still made it there in time to play before the ceremony. If you are having your ceremony/reception in an unusual place, make sure you give explicit directions to avoid this issue in the future. This is likely an oversight on my part.

While they have an extensive list of current and classical music, I had a particular song I wanted us to walk down the aisle to that was not in their repertoire. Ross and his team arranged it for our wedding day and it was perfect - they truly gave a special and unique touch to our wedding. I'm so happy with our choice and I would definitely recommend them to other couples.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Annie · Married on 06/18/2016

Ross and his musicians were absolutely wonderful. The were able to cover a large range of music and were flexible even when I had them play in two different locations within the same booking period! Will definitely use them again.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Vin · Married on 06/04/2016

I can't say enough about how happy we were with the Highline string quartet.

Ross was my point person and he was so communicative through the entire process. They accommodated requested songs and did a great job! I received many compliments.

The ceremony was supposed to be outside but it rained and they played inside, which actually worked out great because of the acoustics at the venue.

I'll be recommending the Highline String to all of my friends and family for their weddings!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Julian · Married on 10/03/2015

The Highline String Quartet brings an outstanding level of quality and professionalism balanced with a clear accessibility in sound. The group was very comfortable in a moderately chilly venue and managed to warm up the room with their awesome arrangements of passion-filled tunes. They created a experience to match the equally emotional wedding. Taking a moment to chat with them, they all shared their excitement to be part of the special day and were genuinely happy join our family for the wedding. Bottom line - if you're looking for a flexible, yet outstanding group of musicians you just found them.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

The highline quartet was fantastic. They are true pros, and played during the ceremony and cocktail hour to perfection. Not only do they play classical but fun pop songs which blew our guests away. We received many compliments. They were a hit. Thank you for making my dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 09/07/2015