Highline String Quartet Reviews

127 | New York, NY

127 Reviews for Highline String Quartet

Joanna · Married on 07/28/2018

We had such a wonderful experience working with Highline String Quartet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and would highly recommend them for other special occasions. We didn't request any new songs because their repertoire was already so extensive, but I trust they would've done an amazing job learning whatever.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Lucas · Married on 07/28/2018

We booked Highline String Quartet as our ceremony and cocktail hour musicians (both outdoor venues), and we cannot rave enough about them. They were incredibly responsive to all of our inquiries, they made music selection super easy, and payment was a breeze. But what made them absolutely out of this world was their music on the wedding day. We'd made some special requests for ceremony music (including one song that wasn't on their repertoire list), and they played everything perfectly. Their timing was impeccable, the volume was perfect, and their musicianship was stunning--all without even meeting us in person for a rehearsal. It was exactly what we'd hoped for. They were so professional and made our day even more special. Our only regret is that we didn't have the chance to go thank them in person before they left the venue after the cocktail hour. They were amazing.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Matt · Married on 07/14/2018

Thanks for making our wedding amazing!!
    You guys were great!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Sandy · Married on 07/05/2018

A high light of my daughters wedding in Brooklyn. I knew it would be. I wish I could rewind and go back and just sit down and listen to the wonderful music that The Highline String Quartet performed on July 5th, 2018.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Emily · Married on 07/04/2018

We are so happy that we chose the Highline String Quartet for our wedding. They played various Beatles songs before the ceremony and we chose from their list for the cocktail hour. They were such a hit that they received a standing ovation during dinner as they were leaving. Would HIGHLY recommend them! I wish we could do it all over!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

We hired Highline Quartet to provide the music for our wedding ceremony. Ross was helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of the event he coordinated with our officiant to add a few fun twists to the proceedings. They played throughout the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour. Their repertoire of music includes classic strings music that everyone is familiar with, along with some really fun interpretations of pop songs and movie soundtracks. The end result was a great variety of music that our guests really enjoyed. We would highly recommend the services of Highline Quartet for weddings or other events.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2018

If you are looking for a string quartet that is completely out of the ordinary / not basic - please use these guys. I had my friends, and my older family members, and everyone in between randomly come up to me during my wedding to tell me how they were BLOWN AWAY by the High Line String Quartet and how good they were. My one aunt told me she was "expecting to be bored" at our ceremony, but was absolutely entranced. They played the coolest songs - David Bowie, Queen, Smashing Pumpkins..and also played my favorite classical songs as well. INCREDIBLE. I can't say enough about these guys!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Katherine · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired the Highline String Quartet for our June 9 wedding, and boy was it worth it! They learned our processional song so well that it sounded exactly as we’d hoped! They have an awesome repertoire and really made the ceremony and cocktail hour so special.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Kate · Married on 06/02/2018

Working with the Highline Quartet was fabulous. They did a wonderful job and my wedding planner (who is getting married herself in a few months) is using them as well!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

Ross was so easy to communicate with throughout my entire wedding planning process. My guests loved listening to the quartet and everyone said it added to the magic of our wedding. My husband was brought to tears at the alter as I walked down the aisle with my parents and Highline played Canon in D. I am looking forward to watching our wedding video so I can relive that wonderful experience. Thank you Highline!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

Highline String Quartet was amazing! Not only was everyone happy with the music selections and was dancing along to everything they played, we asked for a few custom selections and couldn't have been more happy with .how well they were arranged. It took me awhile to post this but our wedding was 5/26/18 and we contracted with HSQ more than a year in advance but throughout the entire process they were extremely helpful and responsive. We couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/24/2018

N · Married on 03/20/2018

Extremely talented Musicians ! Lots of fun !
    Highline String Quartet were very accommodating for our creative Sound Event !
    A great list of songs & wonderful performance energy !

Sent on 03/29/2018

James · Married on 11/04/2017

Highline Quartet were awesome! I booked them to propose to my, now, fiancée in a private dining room in TriBeCa. The played a medley of modern songs (Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake etc) and it couldn't have gone better. They turned into a string quartet jukebox playing everything from Nirvana to Leonard Cohen. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Meghan · Married on 11/04/2017

We had the highline string quartet play for our pre-ceremony, ceremony and cocktail hour. They were amazing. They arrived early and were completely set up in time for guests. They followed the music perfectly and were able to create the perfect ambiance for when I walked down the aisle. They were able to play so many different songs in a range of different genres it was great addition to the cocktail hour. Additionally, they were organized and proactive in following up which when you are planning is great that you do not have to hunt down a vendor. If you are looking for a group to play any song with a classical spin I would highly recommend then. Cannot wait to figure out another event to hire them for!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Roanne · Married on 10/28/2017

Our experience with the Highline String Quartet was outstanding in every way. The musicianship was excellent; the playlist from which to choose was very extensive and extraordinarily diverse (ranging from, obviously, classical through jazz, folk, traditional pop, more recent rock, Broadway musicals and opera). We chose pieces from many of these and the quartet, accompanied by a drummer for our wedding luncheon, did all of these with aplomb. They are also quite accommodating in regard to one's own choices if they are not on their list. Our guests found the music sufficiently inspiring to actually dance to some of the pieces even though we had chosen not to provide a dance floor because of time limitations at our venue. Ross (the quartet's manager musician) could not have been easier to work with and reach, by e-mail and phone - even when he was in Europe. I strongly recommend them.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Charlie · Married on 10/20/2017

We are so happy we chose them. From classic to modern hits, they sounded amazing ! Ross was our contact and a pleasure to work with, offering suggestions and help along the way. Would highly recommend the Highline String Quartet to anyone.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Catherine · Married on 10/14/2017

Beautiful music for Ceremony and Cocktail Hour

Highline String Quartet played all the requested songs throughout our outdoor wedding service and cocktail hour beautifully. They played the Game of Thrones theme song for the recessional for which we received many high fives and compliments! They are very receptive to your personal requests so much so if there is a song you would like that they do not currently have on their playlist they will gladly learn and play it.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2017

I cannot recommend HighLine enough! They are incredibly professional and talented. Ross is incredibly responsive leading up to the wedding day and their services are amazing. Everyone raved about my ceremony and cocktail hour music. I am incredibly grateful!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Laura · Married on 09/02/2017

Such a great experience working with Highline. They have an very extensive song list to choose from, and I got so many compliments from my guests. I highly reccommend booking with Highline String Quartet, they sound amazing, are very prompt when it comes to answering questions & accommodating.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Paula · Married on 08/19/2017

Highline String Quartet was the icing on the cake. My guests loved listening to them while having dinner. They exceeded my expectations by playing a tailored playlist I created for them. I highly recommend the drummer. It adds a nice beat to their performance.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

The highline string quartet did such a wonderful job on our wedding day! They were patient in waiting for me to pick my song selections and sounded beautifully outside during the ceremony as well as inside during the cocktail hour! Thank you guys for making our day!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Skyler · Married on 07/15/2017

The Highline Quartet played at my NYC wedding July 2017. The process of working with Ross was seamless and enjoyable. Pricing was incredibly reasonable. The quartet was the perfect mix of elegance and trendiness that I was looking for - not to mention they are also very well put together and nice to look at! Many of our guests said that they were their favorite part of our wedding. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Tony · Married on 07/01/2017

Ross and the team are very professional, organised and a polished group of musicians. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to anyone who eats to make their special day that more special! Thank you Ross and team for your outstanding talent and professionalism. Tony Williams

Sent on 07/10/2017

Nell · Married on 06/15/2017

We had this fantastic string quartet at a summer birthday party and they were wonderful. The party was at an apartment with a terrace, not an event space but they made everything, including the set up, so easy and even played outside on the terrace. They played great music and many requests, pleasing everyone from serious opera fans, to a four-year-old. They were flexible with the time (we ended up asking them to play another hour) and their music just made the party. I cannot recommend Highline String Quartet highly enough for a surprisingly easy way to make any party fun and elegant.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Highline String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Nell!! =)

Ellen · Married on 06/04/2017

Fabulous quartet of young, energetic and talented musicians!! Played for about 15-20 minutes before the ceremony, the processional and then for a 60 minute cocktail hour. Did classical pieces for the ceremony and more contemporary selections for cocktails. Got a plethora of compliments from the guests. Easy to deal with, reasonable pricing and responded immediately to all emails. Don't look an further..... they are phenomenal.

Sent on 06/11/2017