64 Reviews for High Society Orchestra

Liability Insurance (1)
64 High Society Orchestra Reviews

We are so grateful to HSO, in particular for their ability to learn songs specifically for our wedding, their professionalism, and most of all their talent. For a memorable event I'd absolutely recommend HSO.

Profile Picture Alex, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

All of our guests keep telling us that our wedding was the best one they've ever been to! We absolutely feel that High Society is a HUGE reason they're saying so... EVERYONE danced the entire time (which is rare)! The band accommodated all of our "off the menu" song requests and performed them beautifully. I am so thrilled to say that I had such fun at my own wedding, especially the "Hey Ya" finale!!!! It certainly was a PARTY! Thank you SO much HSO!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

EVERYONE was on the dance floor! All musicians were extremely talented and knew how to read the audience.

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society is an excellent orchestra. They played all of our requests and kept the wedding alive ! There was never a dull moment and all of
our guests loved their music.

Profile Picture kathleen, 6/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society Orchestra performed at our wedding on 6/15/2012.

Allan was easy to work with as he responded to all the emails promptly! His emails are short and straight to the point (which can appear to lack some friendliness) but very professional. He sent us a worksheet he wanted us to complete for the reception about 2-3 months prior to the big wedding date. And he was very flexible making the changes I requested even a few days prior to the event. He called to confirm everything a few days prior to the big event, including directions to the venue. It was their first time performing at our venue and you could tell he wanted the event to go smoothly!

My day-of coordinator told me that the band was the first to arrive and first to have everything set up. I appreciate that because everyone else was running late, including our caterer! And let's get to the point - THEY WERE AMAZING!! Great singers and performers. During their breaks, the band played music on their ipod and I thought it was great. The band was prompt to get back on stage and was really friendly to all of our guests. I got so many complements about the band during and after the event.

As a bride, I wanted to make sure things ran smoothly and effortlessly, all while making sure that our guests would enjoy the night. This band made our reception a blast. It would not have been the same without them.

Thanks High Society Orchestra for making our day special!!!

Profile Picture Joo Won, 6/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

High Society played our wedding on April 14, 2012, and they couldn't have been better. It was amazing how many people told us it was the best band they've ever heard at a wedding.

It was a pleasure working with Allan Heinman as well. We'd absolutely recommend them - they were incredible!

Profile Picture Marie, 4/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired High Society Orchestra for our wedding and were very pleased. The band was just fantastic. Super-talented group. We danced all night! Our contact was Allan, and he was very easy to work with. He made everything happen just as we planned. We highly recommend this band.

Profile Picture Beth, 3/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society Orchestra is a great band! Not only did our friends and family have a great time, but Allan and the entire group were very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend this band!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society Orchestra played our wedding on August 27, 2011 and they were absolutely fabulous. Carlo was our main point of contact at the reception and he was really on top of things and was a pleasure to work with. Most importantly, the band sounded fantastic! At one point I was in the back of the room talking with guests who asked if we had a dj playing songs while the band was on break. The music sounded like the actual artists recording, but it was the band playing the whole time! The dance floor was packed all night. Our guests have been raving about how awesome the music was. High Society made our party totally awesome! Do not hesitate to book with them. We also enjoyed working with Allan Heiman to make the arrangements for the band and to make sure everything was in order the week before the wedding. We are incredibly happy that we chose High Society Orchestra, you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Molly, 8/27/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

High Society was one of the highlights of our downtown Chicago wedding. Allan, Carlo and the whole band were so professional and really cared about our special day and what was important to us. The band sounded great! Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had dancing the night away.

Profile Picture Katy, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

The dance floor never seemed to be anything short of packed and electric. If you want a special experience at your wedding then hire this band. Lots of people not known for dancing were recorded in action; even one man who refused to dance at his own wedding! It was seriously worth every penny. They assured me that I wouldn't be disappointed and they were right, I wasn't. Thank you for making our evening such a memorable one for all of us.

Profile Picture Lucy, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

The High Society Orchestra was the high point of our reception. Not only were they extremely talented, but each member was friendly and polite. Many people have told me that they have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was filled until the end of the evening, as it was at our reception. All ages were out on the parquet ‘dancing the night away.’" I would gladly recommend the High Society Orchestra to anyone looking for a fabulous band!

Profile Picture Glenda, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society Orchestra brought SO much great energy to our wedding reception! My husband and I still say that one of the best decisions we made was choosing them. Do not hesitate in booking them - you and your guests will love them!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Liz , 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

First, I just want to thank the whole High Society group for doing a great job from beginning to end. Everyone (Allan, Carlo, Donna, I don't remember everybody's name) was so nice and easy to work with.

Second, if you are reading this, you are probably considering hiring a band to play your wedding. The short of it is... HIRE HIGH SOCIETY!

They are professional. They played all of our requests. They we able to choose just the right songs to keep us dancing all night. We had a great time. Our family and friends commented on how great the band sounded. It just doesn't get any better than this.

HIRE HIGH SOCIETY!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hugely Entertaining. High Society Orchestra rocked the dance floor. Every guest was up and dancing. I didn't know I could hire a band this good. They even managed to get my father dancing. No DJ in the world could compete with the quality and energy of their performance.

Profile Picture Donna, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

Extremely talented, excellent performers. HSO is great with a lively crowd and gets them involved. One singer at our wedding stepped off the stage and was singing on the dancefloor with the guests for a bit. Great interaction. The MC did mispronounce one name that we had sent to them phonetically, but nothing horrible. If you're extremely picky about what the MC will say during in-between time, or when presenting songs/first dances etc, then communicate what you want with them because they'll ad-lib. Overall extremely happy. They are worth the cost. They did my wedding and my sister's. Our family would highly recommend them for weddings.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kathryn, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

High Society absolutely made our wedding reception. It has been over two months since our wedding, and people are still asking us about the "awesome band." They exceeded any expectations we had without a doubt. We would choose them 100x over! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7394615, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Did anyone ever tell you that the band makes the party? Well that is 100% true. The High Society Orchestra rocked the house at our wedding. The entire night, our dance floor was packed right until the very end, as they were a high energy band that kept the party rocking all night long. There was not a single moment that the dance floor was not packed. We were absolutely blown away by how terrific they were. Their day of performance was absolutely phenomenal and they are very willing to cooperate. Allan (their manager) was part owner of one of the largest independent record labels in the country. He certainly knows how to put together many of the most talented musicians and singers in Chicago. Everyone had the best time and we were ecstatic with how they performed. They got our guests singing along on many songs and having a great time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture User7778379, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Liability Insurance

High Society is a great band. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Allan the manager was easy to work with and very responsive. He walked us through everything and was able to answer any questions we had.

Profile Picture User7197040, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band is amazing. The dance floor was full from the first song until the last. We really liked that they mixed in the old with the new - so many bands these day start with the 60's or 70's and work their way through chronologically, which I hate. We were really impressed with how many current songs they played as well - they must be continually adding new music. They have multiple vocalists and the quality did not waver from one to another. We contracted for them to play without breaks and it was well worth it. No one left the dance floor and the feedback we got again and again was, "best wedding band ever!" Allan was very responsive and professional. Outstanding!

Profile Picture User3628098, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Once the band started, no one left the dance floor....even our priest! Allan was kind enough to let two of our guests sing their signature songs. Everyone had the best time. Thanks so much!

Profile Picture Barb, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The band was amazing. Everyone loved them. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time.

Profile Picture User2649031, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

I loved High Society Orchestra! The band was excellent and all our guests raved about the music quality! A great value!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/27/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Our wedding was Magical and High Society helped make it so. I want to thank Allan, Vern, Tim and the whole band for making everything perfect. From the first dance to the last, we had a great time and our friends and family are still talking about how much fun the band was. They played all the songs we asked for and so many others that had our friends dancing all night. I never imagined we could have so much fun. Thanks High Society Orchestra!

Profile Picture Suzy, 3/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

We are so glad we booked you, you were fantastic. Our friends were texting and ringing months after the wedding saying how much they enjoyed the day. The music was professional and what a wonderful choice of music there was, even my 89 year old granddad was on the dance floor! I would not hesitate to recommend you to anybody else. Thank you again for playing at our wedding and being able to do it at such short notice.

Profile Picture Miranda, 8/13/11, 1 Review