High Society Orchestra Reviews

79 | Chicago, IL

79 Reviews for High Society Orchestra

• Ron

Ron · Married on 01/01/2016

I have had the opportunity to work with High Society at several weddings and events. First thing I have to say about the band it that the musicians are all consummate pros! The band is tight and their repertoire seems limitless. They fill the dance floor from the first song to the last and the music just flows through the night endlessly! The feedback from the guests always seems to be positive. I would confidently recommend High Society Orchestra to any of my clients....they create a perfect sound track for that special day!

Sent on 07/03/2016

The best wedding band! Our guests could not stop raving about the band all night! They made the night so special for my husband and I!!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/18/2014

High Society was amazing! The dance floor was full the entire time and our guests are still talking about it. I was able to send my song lists to the band and they were able to accommodate every request with no questions asked. I would refer them to anyone hosting every-they were just awesome!

Sent on 01/20/2015

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thank you Kelly! Everyone at your party was so much Fun! Congratulations!

These guys packed the dance floor. Everyone at my wedding was dancing the entire night and I still get compliments about how great of a band they were. They were the perfect band for our wedding.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Nell · Married on 08/31/2013

We loved High Society. They were an amazing part of our wedding. The ceremony music was gorgeous, the quartet during dinner and cocktails was nice, and the band for dancing was incredible. People danced the whole time. We received lots of compliments, and I know of two friends who booked them for events after seeing them at my wedding!!!

thank you so much to Alan and the whole team.

Nell

Sent on 10/23/2013

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thanks Nell! We had a great time working with you. Congratulations!

By far the best band at any event I've ever been to. I still have people talking to me about how awesome High Society Orchestra was at my wedding a few months. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 10/31/2013

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thank you for your review! We love playing great weddings for great people!

Hi Allan, If I had to choose one word to describe the music at Kathleen and Bob's wedding it would be SPECTACULAR!! From start to finish you delivered a wonderful performance. Please thank your musicians, singers, sound people, everyone for a great night. It really is true that the music makes the night! I can't count the number of compliments that people gave the band! You all made it such a wonderful night for the bride and groom. You really out-did yourselves with your talent and energy! Thank you for a FOURTH great O'Rourke wedding! Mary

Sent on 05/27/2013

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thanks Mary! We had a great time too! It's always a pleasure working with outstanding families like yours.
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 09/29/2012

High Society Orchestra made my wedding toms of fun! All of the guests- of all ages - loved them! They got everyone up and dancing!

They are also very professional and accommodating. They worked with me before the event to make sure they knew exactly what I wanted and that I was comfortable with everything.

I cannot say enough good things about them:).

Sent on 10/17/2012

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thanks Anne! You were a great client. We had a great time working on your wedding!

If you want your guests "dancing on the tables" there's a strong possibility with Allan Heiman and his High Society Orchestra.
    This is the band to get for continuous, non-stop music.
    Great sound, great energy!
    Loved the "You throw a great party!" accolades from our guests.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Many favorable compliments from the wedding guests.

Sent on 09/29/2012

My mother, Cindy Rash, recommended the High Society Orchestra after they played at her company Christmas party for 1st Source Bank so we booked them for our event after only seeing their website and videos, but we were so pleased with our decision. The band was punctual, professional, kept in touch up until the wedding, sent us all the appropriate reminders, paperwork, questions, etc. and was very flexible with working with our unique requests and guests. We had several very talented people at the wedding that wanted to sing, (including myself, the bride, and the groom) and they were more than accommodating. The live band made the night so much more exciting, alive, and fun and everyone was nothing but complimentary of our choice, the band's musical abilities, and their song choices.

The only issue we had all night was for the first dance - the ipod or song cut out within the first 30 seconds and though they tried playing it again, it still happened. Luckily, thanks to our talented bunch, the groom's good friend hopped up on stage and played/sang the song live for us instead which was even more special. BUT not every wedding is going to have a professional musician in the crowd that knows the song, so I would recommend that if any specific songs are supposed to be played from the ipod rather than live, that the band should test the song ahead of time to make sure that it will play.

Overall, I know that everyone had a great time, they enjoyed the music and the band tremendously, and I think that the band even had a good time! So, thanks for making our wedding the best one ever and we'll definitely recommend you to everyone who is in need of a wedding (or other event) band!

Sent on 09/19/2012

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thanks for the great review Nicole! Your party was a ton of fun.

For the record, we tested your first dance song. (We did not, however, listen to the whole song as we have never had an mp3 quit in the middle - An assumption we will never make again!) For some reason it just would not play beyond 30 seconds. The rest of the songs you provided worked fine, so we still do not know why it happened.

Sorry for the hassle. We try hard to make sure thing go well. Your groomsman did rock that song though. Maybe it was fate!

High Society worked with us to create exactly what we wanted musically. They accommodated our guest musicians and really helped make our wedding the party of the year. I cannot say it any better than our guests at the end of the night.... "One More Song! One More Song!...."

Sent on 10/10/2012

Amy · Married on 09/08/2012

Guests at our wedding commented that The High Society Band was the best wedding band they have ever heard. The are very professional to work with and extremely professional musicians. We did not want the evening to end, thanks to this band. I highly recommend High Society Band for any event!!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Alex · Married on 09/08/2012

We are so grateful to HSO, in particular for their ability to learn songs specifically for our wedding, their professionalism, and most of all their talent. For a memorable event I'd absolutely recommend HSO.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Megan · Married on 09/08/2012

All of our guests keep telling us that our wedding was the best one they've ever been to! We absolutely feel that High Society is a HUGE reason they're saying so... EVERYONE danced the entire time (which is rare)! The band accommodated all of our "off the menu" song requests and performed them beautifully. I am so thrilled to say that I had such fun at my own wedding, especially the "Hey Ya" finale!!!! It certainly was a PARTY! Thank you SO much HSO!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Maureen · Married on 08/04/2012

EVERYONE was on the dance floor! All musicians were extremely talented and knew how to read the audience.

Sent on 08/08/2012

kathleen · Married on 06/29/2012

High Society is an excellent orchestra. They played all of our requests and kept the wedding alive ! There was never a dull moment and all of
    our guests loved their music.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Joo Won · Married on 06/15/2012

High Society Orchestra performed at our wedding on 6/15/2012.

Allan was easy to work with as he responded to all the emails promptly! His emails are short and straight to the point (which can appear to lack some friendliness) but very professional. He sent us a worksheet he wanted us to complete for the reception about 2-3 months prior to the big wedding date. And he was very flexible making the changes I requested even a few days prior to the event. He called to confirm everything a few days prior to the big event, including directions to the venue. It was their first time performing at our venue and you could tell he wanted the event to go smoothly!

My day-of coordinator told me that the band was the first to arrive and first to have everything set up. I appreciate that because everyone else was running late, including our caterer! And let's get to the point - THEY WERE AMAZING!! Great singers and performers. During their breaks, the band played music on their ipod and I thought it was great. The band was prompt to get back on stage and was really friendly to all of our guests. I got so many complements about the band during and after the event.

As a bride, I wanted to make sure things ran smoothly and effortlessly, all while making sure that our guests would enjoy the night. This band made our reception a blast. It would not have been the same without them.

Thanks High Society Orchestra for making our day special!!!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Marie · Married on 04/14/2012

High Society played our wedding on April 14, 2012, and they couldn't have been better. It was amazing how many people told us it was the best band they've ever heard at a wedding.

It was a pleasure working with Allan Heinman as well. We'd absolutely recommend them - they were incredible!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Beth · Married on 03/03/2012

We hired High Society Orchestra for our wedding and were very pleased. The band was just fantastic. Super-talented group. We danced all night! Our contact was Allan, and he was very easy to work with. He made everything happen just as we planned. We highly recommend this band.

Sent on 04/13/2012

Beth · Married on 10/29/2011

High Society Orchestra is a great band! Not only did our friends and family have a great time, but Allan and the entire group were very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend this band!

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 08/27/2011

High Society Orchestra played our wedding on August 27, 2011 and they were absolutely fabulous. Carlo was our main point of contact at the reception and he was really on top of things and was a pleasure to work with. Most importantly, the band sounded fantastic! At one point I was in the back of the room talking with guests who asked if we had a dj playing songs while the band was on break. The music sounded like the actual artists recording, but it was the band playing the whole time! The dance floor was packed all night. Our guests have been raving about how awesome the music was. High Society made our party totally awesome! Do not hesitate to book with them. We also enjoyed working with Allan Heiman to make the arrangements for the band and to make sure everything was in order the week before the wedding. We are incredibly happy that we chose High Society Orchestra, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Katy · Married on 08/13/2011

High Society was one of the highlights of our downtown Chicago wedding. Allan, Carlo and the whole band were so professional and really cared about our special day and what was important to us. The band sounded great! Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had dancing the night away.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Lucy · Married on 07/09/2011

The dance floor never seemed to be anything short of packed and electric. If you want a special experience at your wedding then hire this band. Lots of people not known for dancing were recorded in action; even one man who refused to dance at his own wedding! It was seriously worth every penny. They assured me that I wouldn't be disappointed and they were right, I wasn't. Thank you for making our evening such a memorable one for all of us.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Glenda · Married on 06/04/2011

The High Society Orchestra was the high point of our reception. Not only were they extremely talented, but each member was friendly and polite. Many people have told me that they have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was filled until the end of the evening, as it was at our reception. All ages were out on the parquet ‘dancing the night away.’" I would gladly recommend the High Society Orchestra to anyone looking for a fabulous band!

Sent on 08/29/2011