High Impact Entertainment Reviews

150 | Winston Salem, NC

150 Reviews for High Impact Entertainment

Brian · Married on 05/23/2015

As a former DJ myself, I can say that Mike was great. He read the tone of the room very well and got people dancing at our wedding. His timing of certain songs made our reception a lot of fun. But in particular, I appreciated his effort to find a way to play our preferred "First Dance" song, even though it has not been officially released! He even made a special edit of the song for us to fit what we wanted to do.

His website allows you to layout the schedule of your event, special songs, etc. This means you can fill it out on your own time, rather than having to communicate it to him in an ad hoc manner. His questionnaire also helps you think about and map out the timing of the event (and reminds you if you have forgotten to think about something!). It also allows your guests to submit song requests (which of course require your approval before being added to the list) well in advance of the wedding.

Five stars. Would hire again.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Lisa · event on 04/11/2015

I have already recommended High Impact Entertainment to many of my colleagues. They were awesome to work with and our students loved every minute of their prom!

Sent on 04/14/2015
  • User4998510 · event on 04/11/2015

Mike was very eager to provide an event as close to our description as possible. He took our ideas, made lots of good suggestions and we ended up with the most successful event we have had in years. We will definitely be calling on him again for our future events.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Rachael · event on 02/20/2015

Absolute awesome job! Everyone had a great time and that is attributed to the music! Great with coordinating song requests before the event and at the event! I would highly recommend Mike Steffan for any event in the future!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Stephanie · Married on 02/15/2015

DJ Mike was amazing, and even that doesn't come close to explain him! We had a wedding with majority of our guests from New York and he kept everyone going and on the dance floor! He know the style and kind of party we were looking for and made all my ideas come true, right down to finding non typical songs to cutting out lyrics of another for the perfect parent dance song. He was always there when I had a question or to bounce an idea off of him, always quick and friendly to respond. His prefect ratings is really true and he is all that we say he is! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for DJ services!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Pete · event on 12/12/2014

I worked w/ Mike at a wedding that I helped coordinate - he did a great job so we invited him back to our 200+ person corporate event. The best thing I like about Mike is that you can give him a little bit of direction & he can run things w/ no worry. He shows up BEFORE time, is great w/ suggestions on how to accomplish a task, & loves it when you give him free reign to move the people on that dance floor!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

MIke did a great job for our wedding. I really dont know what I would have done without him, because he was not only our DJ, but acted as our planner as well. He sent me a planning program with the breakdown of every step of the wedding - from songs to names of the wedding party to everything that you can think of. His website is very helpful and he is ALWAYS available. I literally stayed up past midnight just chatting with him online on more than one occasion abut wedding things in general. He was always super prompt about getting back to me and answering any questions that I had (even when he was vacationing with his family in Disney World!) He was very flexible with anything that I wanted to do from accommodating any meeting times, to just coming to DJ our wedding from Winston Salem, NC to Rock Hill, SC! I would def recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/20/2014

DJ Mike with High Impact Entertainment was an excellent choice for our wedding. I, literally, danced all night. He was great with communication and had impeccable response time with emails and phone calls. He was willing to work within our schedule and our budget. He was an excellent DJ and a pleasure to work with. I am so thankful we chose High Impact Entertainment. I would (and have) recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Mike was wonderful to work with. We couldn't haven chosen a better vendor for our wedding reception. He worked with my husband and I for an extended period of time due to a family emergency and never missed a beat. He is professional yet friendly and very personable. Our guests were blown away by our music and we have Mike to thank for that. To say that we are pleased with the excellent service would be an understatement. We can't wait to plan our next event so that High Impact Entertainment can rock the house again. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/23/2014

For everyone who is in the process of hunting for a DJ - your search stops here. Mike Steffan from High Impact Entertainment an individual who helped make our wedding day the most outstanding day of our lives last weekend. Highlights:

1. Extremely quick to respond, helpful during the planning process, easy & enjoyable to work with - Mike set up video conferences for us to chat about what we envisioned for the day, got us thinking about the specific details and timeline, and kept us organized!

2. Listened to our needs AND used his experience to execute the perfect mix of music - we are super picky about the type of music we wanted to hear during the wedding (which is why we wanted to get a DJ instead of a band); Mike did a perfect job of taking our suggestions for music, gave his input on what would work best, and mixing in songs that would please our crowd! Many of our guests told us specifically that they loved the music.

3. Kept the wedding day on track with the right energy - Mike was responsible for the music at the first cocktail hour, ceremony, 2nd cocktail hour, AND the reception - in 3 different outdoor locations! He worked flawlessly with our vendors to keep the party flowing into the right places at the right times. Fun story - it started pouring down rain while everyone was dancing and the power went out, leaving us temporarily with no music - did it phase this DJ? Nope. Together, he and our amazing family and friends worked to keep his equipment covered and get the electricity going again (our cords kept shorting out) - someone managed to grab my iPod and portable speakers from somewhere and while the power was out, I would play party jams and then Mike would mix in seamlessly to whatever I was playing as soon as the power came back on!

Mike, we can't thank you enough for all the thought and hard work you put into making our wedding the most amazing time ever. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 09/01/2014

DJ Mike did an amazing job DJ'ing for our wedding! We loved working with him, he is incredible about being flexible with times to meet and will give you all the help that you want. His website for picking songs to play and planning the reception timeline was super easy to use. Finally and most importantly, his DJ skills are fantastic! He kept the dance floor hopping the entire time it was open! My wife and I laughed about it later how amazed we were that it really never slowed down. Great emcee, great DJ, great value and flexibility, we would highly recommend High Impact Entertainment!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Arah · Married on 07/10/2014

Mike with High Impact Entertainment was phenomenal! He made our wedding music one of the most enjoyable experiences of our wedding! He played an excellent variety of music that our guests of all ages enjoyed and danced to. Mike also made the music selection process extremely easy through a user-friendly website. Every guest was able to select song requests ahead of time by using the link that Mike shared with us, and our event was able to be planned via Skype interviews/meetings which allowed for last minute selections and flexibility. He was also was able to play our wedding song which was a specific version of a song found only on youtube (and he even improved the quality of sound)! Mike went above and beyond our expectations and his great personality and professionalism was refreshing. We highly recommend High Impact Entertainment for your wedding or any other events! =)

Sent on 07/14/2014

Best DJ I could have ever asked for & would recommend to anyone! It was a blessing to have someone so attentive and responsive!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Alex · Married on 06/14/2014

Mike was absolutely incredible. I've been to a ton of weddings with DJ's and he far surpassed our expectations. There was never a moment that the dance floor was empty. He took our music preferences and ran with them. We met several times with Mike and he was always accommodating with our schedules and preferences. Very professional! Could not have been happier.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Nutishia and Charles · Married on 06/08/2014

Mike was very organized and professional. He had so many tools available to us to make sure everything went smoothly. He was on time, responsive and we were EXTREMELY happy with his talent level. He knew what he was doing and despite our wedding being early in the morning on a Sunday, he got the guests up and dancing. He was exactly what we had hoped for and we absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Autumn · Married on 06/01/2014

I really appreciate how organized and professional Mike is!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Autumn · Married on 06/01/2014

Mike is great! He is very organized and takes the time to make sure you have every detail planned for your big day. I didn't have a wedding planner and didn't need one thanks to Mike. He kept us all on schedule and played a big role in making everything from the ceremony to the reception run smoothly.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Kali · Married on 05/31/2014

Mike was AMAZING! He did a great job of adjusting the music to our audience. He played requests that our friends asked for, and was just simply wonderful. We couldn't have picked a better DJ!

Sent on 06/18/2014

WOW! I am not usually one to leave reviews, but Mike deserves 100 5 star reviews from me!!!! He was incredibly good about keeping in touch and setting up meeting times to make sure everything was perfect on our wedding day. Not only was the music great and exactly what we wanted, but he did a fantastic job directing the reception and we never had to worry about a thing!! You will NOT go wrong with Mike!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2014

We absolutely LOVED working with Mike for our wedding! He met with us several times beforehand to make sure we were all on the same page and also correpsonded frequently via email or phone. He was willing to make the wedding in the specific way that we wanted it. Not only did he play amazing songs that kept our guests dancing for literally the entire reception, but he also helped make announcements that kept people informed on where they needed to be. He was very nice and professional throughout the entire wedding. His dance songs were awesome! He dealt well with my OCD qualities and played every song I asked him to play. He brought his own table to set up his equipment and was very self-sufficient, which is good when I had other things that needed my attention that day. I would recommend Mike to anyone planning their wedding!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Erica · Married on 05/18/2014

Was absolutely wonderful!! Will definitely use him again for a later event!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Jillian · Married on 05/17/2014

Mike was the DJ for our outdoor wedding in May and played a huge part in making the night a complete success! We had an age range from 2-85 yrs old and everyone spent a lot of time on the dance floor and enjoyed all of the music that Mike played. We had lots of people come up to us, both before and after the wedding, to tell us how awesome our DJ was or how he was the best DJ they had ever heard. And we completely agree! Mike far exceeded our expectations in every way, helped us to have an epic dance party at our wedding (the dance floor was packed!), and was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had asked him if he could create a custom mix of songs for our first dance and within a day or two he had a draft for us to try out. He also helped us out with music during the ceremony and microphones for our speakers and everything went smoothly. We highly recommend Mike!!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Anne · event on 05/09/2014

Mike DJ'd our Relay For Life event - all 12 hours of it! Just as we got underway, a terrible rain storm blew through. As soon as he was able, Mike jumped right back into the event to get everyone pumped back up! I could not have asked for more dedication and flexibility! Thanks so much Mike!! I enjoyed working with you!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Emily · Married on 05/03/2014

Mike was so great to work with. He was always very flexible with meeting times as I worked night shift and lived in Asheville. He was by far the most reasonably priced dj we could find and we were confident in his skills from day 1. He was very organized and helped us with a timeline that made everything run smoothly, he even went and checked out the venue months before the wedding to make sure everything would be set up right. He always emailed me back within a couple of hours which is great when your stressed out with planning a wedding! The night of the wedding I had so many people come up and compliment me on how great the music was. He even got my 74 year old grandma up and dancing the whole night! I would highly recommend Mike to anyone looking for a professional and upbeat dj!

Sent on 05/12/2014
  • User4092540 · event on 05/02/2014

Mike was an excellent DJ. His music was great and got the party dancing all night.

Sent on 05/10/2014