High Impact Entertainment Reviews

150 | Winston Salem, NC

150 Reviews for High Impact Entertainment

Bill · Married on 10/21/2017

Several weeks later, our guests are still talking about how much fun they dancing! Having a small wedding, we were unsure on how much we would be dancing, but Kevin kept the dance floor busy! From adults to little ones, Kevin catered to everyone and their online tool to allow guests to help pick music prior to the event was a fun bonus. They were very flexible as well and helped us add ceremony music last minute. Thank you again Mike and Kevin!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Beth · Married on 10/01/2017

Mike was so easy to work with and very attentive to our needs! I would recommend this company for any event!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Adriana · Married on 09/07/2017

We LOVED Mike. We gave him a tough task of DJing a multicultural wedding with traditional and modern music, with minimal direction, and he did perfectly! All of my friends and family were telling us how great he was. He is very responsive to all forms of communication. We met with him in person at first, but in the middle of our planning we moved, and he was very accommodating to Skyping with us. He had tons of great suggestions, and was very flexible with our input and also last minute additions, even up until the day of the wedding. We didn't have a wedding planner and the day of the ceremony he was superb at keeping us on track and narrating all of the events. He was also right on track in advising as to the length of our ceremony, our wedding ended on a high note with all of our guests wanting more. We would recommend him to anybody.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Robyn · Married on 08/26/2017

Mike made everything so easy with planning and payment. Everything was done online and the preparation made me feel at ease!

Sent on 08/27/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/26/2017

I cannot say enough good things about our DJ, Kevin (DJ Bald-E.) Our entire dance floor was PACKED the entire night! Not only did he play EVERY song that I requested, but he read the crowd's response to each song and continued to play similar songs to keep the party going all night! I received so many compliments the throughout the night about how great he was. He even made a mix for my dad and I to perform a surprise dance to! He made announcements in regards to our wedding party, cutting the cake, when dinner was served, the bouquet toss, and when it was time for speeches that were all personal and professional, which helped the night run smoothly. He was professional and friendly the entire night, and made an effort to speak with me twice to ensure I was happy with the way things were going. I cannot recommend High Impact Entertainment enough. Kevin also worked my ceremony music, which was also perfect and in accordance with everything I asked for. Before working with Kevin, we communicated with Mike to book our big day. Mike was responsive and very helpful. We decided last minute to have them do our ceremony music as well, and Mike immediately drew up another contract for us, no questions asked. High Impact Entertainment made my wedding perfect, you'd be crazy not to book them!

Sent on 08/29/2017

M · Married on 07/15/2017

High Impact Entertainment was great to work with! My fiancé and I actually booked them a month before our wedding (due to firing a former DJ service) and we were pleased with their responsiveness and information. We were able to schedule a meeting with our wedding DJ, go over the major details, and book instantly. Mike's client website and information is very organized and goes over every detail of planning ceremony and reception music. He also answered any/all questions I had. He offers various packages at a reasonable price.

Our wedding DJ Kevin Pope (DJ Bald-E) was very phenomenal! Kevin was able to provide sound to all of the speakers in the ceremony: officiant, scripture reader, and guitar player. He came to the wedding ceremony early, prepared, and organized. He played every song we requested for the ceremony and reception at the right times. He also did not play the songs that were on the do not play list (which is huge)! We definitely got people to the dance floor during the reception. He was also very flexible in making some adjustments last minute (whether it was a few days before or during the reception).

Overall, I would recommend High Impact Entertainment to anyone. My fiance and I were very impressed. They are very responsive and very organized. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Anna · Married on 06/02/2017

Mike was awesome!! He was very helpful answering questions and extremely professional! He was always super responsive to emails and was willing to work with my individual needs. The music at both the ceremony and reception was perfect! Mike did an excellent job combining the music that we were looking for while gauging the crowds energy to get everyone on their feet and dancing! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome! Everyone had a GREAT time! Overall, Mike was a wonderful person to work with! High Impact Entertainment is the total package! I will definitely be recommending their services to anyone in need of a great DJ!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Brianna · Married on 05/25/2017

Mike was amazing!! His setup for the ceremony was perfect so that he wasn't in the way of the photographers/videographer. He kept the party going until the last possible minute. I loved that he has an online portal for song requests and planning your events. It made it extremely easy to communicate the vision I had in mind for our ceremony and reception. He was flexible and upbeat - everything was perfect!

Sent on 05/31/2017
  • Tracy D

Tracy · Married on 05/20/2017

They say that the most memorable parts of a wedding reception are the music, the food, and the booze. Well I nailed it with High Impact Entertainment! Although I communicated mostly with Mike, Kevin was our reception DJ and also provided our ceremony music. Mike was awesome - he was very responsive and his experience was immediately evident. We met with Kevin for a consultation, and we left knowing this was our DJ! His personality was a perfect match for us and we booked right away. Then life threw a little wrench in our plans. Due to a very sick child (who is A-OK now) we had to push back our wedding by 8 months. I contacted Mike and explained the situation. Without hesitation he offered his well wishes and changed our booking date! What a relief!! When our wedding day came, Kevin's services were top-notch! He provided our ceremony music perfectly, his cocktail hour and dinner music was on point, and he kept our party going till the very end! One of my favorite memories from dinnertime was when I started nodding my head and singing lyrics to a great instrumental that was playing quietly in the background. I looked up from my plate and glanced around to notice about 10 of my family members doing the same lol My brothers and I made eye contact and proceeded to air-guitar, sing & drum together across the room :) Seriously we had such a great experience that I'm trying to come up with a reason to have another event that Kevin can DJ! I can't recommend these guys enough!!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Emily · Married on 04/29/2017

Yes, yes, yes! Mike was wonderful! In addition to putting on a great party, he was so patient with me as I was so indecisive! He welcomed multiple conversations re: our wedding and gave advice as needed. We were so lucky to have him be a part of our big day! Thank you Mike!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Hannah · Married on 04/22/2017

DJ Mike was awesome! Very flexible and accommodating. He played a perfect selection of music at the reception and had people dancing right up until the last song. So glad we went with a professional for this service!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Jiamei · Married on 04/09/2017

Mike is the guy to go to! He's awesome since the beginning of our wedding planning stage. He went above and beyond and put together songs for our special dance video. He's very responsive and professional. We all loved the songs that he played at the wedding. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Sara · Married on 03/26/2017

Mike was exactly what we were hoping for in a DJ! He was attentive to our wants and needs, worked with us on adjusting our timeline, and had our guests up and dancing the entire time! We got so many compliments on what a fun reception it was, and Mike's music selection, attention to detail, and energy were a huge part of that success. Thanks, Mike!!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Katie · Married on 12/30/2016

Mike was awesome! He was very accommodating and was all for seeing our vision for the big day. We made a few special requests regarding our processional music and father-daughter dance and he handled them with ease and was up for the task! The music selections for the cocktail time were perfectly chosen, and I loved how he picked up on the vibes of the guests and knew how to both get them on the dance for and keep them on the dance floor. Also, he was great at helping with the transitions of the night (e.g., moving guests from the ceremony to the cocktail time, from moving dinner to the toasts, etc). Overall, a five-star dj experience! I hope I get to work with him again in the future!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Shelley · Married on 12/03/2016

My husband and I loved working with Mike! Since we were planning a wedding from across the country, Mike was super flexible and accommodating, scheduling calls and Skype sessions with us to get to know us and talk through the logistics of our day. Mike created the perfect wedding atmosphere - he nailed our reception music and constantly had people on the dance floor. We had tons of guests commenting on how great the vibe and music was for the entire reception.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Heather · Married on 11/21/2016

Mike (High Impact Entertainment) was absolutely the perfect DJ for our wedding. We planned most of the wedding ourselves and the resources he offered to his customers helped us organize our event while delivering the information that he needed. He understood the vibe we were after with very little direction. As an MC for the event, he was very enthusiastic which created excitement in our guests. He kept everyone dancing ALL AFTERNOON. Needless to say, we had a blast at our own wedding.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Summer · Married on 11/19/2016

Working with Mike was incredible! He is incredibly responsive, has a great ability to get a feel for what's important to you, is super professional, and creates an incredibly fun party! I loved the electronic planning portal; it makes it so easy to plan all of your music and communicate with him. The night of the wedding, he was fantastic at facilitating the event and I felt like he personally knew our music tastes, because we loved every song that came on! I would absolutely recommend High Impact Entertainment for anyone's wedding!!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Mike catered every single aspect of the music to exactly what we asked for. He didn't leave anything out and he made the night full of dancing, fun, and smiles!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2016

Mike was awesome! Very responsive leading up to the day, and his planning tools are really easy and great to use. We liked looking through the top songs and being able to drag them to the "Must Play" list and also moving the non-family appropriate music to the "Do not play" list since we had a ton of kids. I emailed him just a few days before the wedding asking to move the start time of cocktail music up half an hour, and it was no problem. He didn't manage the prelude/ceremony music (I'm sure he would, we just didn't need that in the package), but he brought a setup so we could have a phone playlist running, which is exactly what I wanted.

His actual DJ performance was great as well. I loved how he mixed the music - usually I get bored of dancing to a song halfway through, but he mixed everything so that we got enough of each song but not too much, which I really enjoyed. A lot of our guests left about an hour into the dancing by no fault of Mike's (we had 2 ceremonies and the day started at 11am, so people were tired!), but my bridesmaids and I were on the dance floor till the very end and had a blast.

His prices were also super reasonable, and I know that we got a great value with him! Would 100% recommend to anyone who wants great dancing and flexible service!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/17/2016

Mike instantly had the dance floor filled for the reception. We had a blast and enjoyed every minute. He was responsive to the guests as well as what I did not want to have played. Cannot say enough wonderful things about Mike!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Dana · Married on 09/10/2016

Mike did a great job as DJ at our wedding! He was flexible, responsive, and such a pleasure to work with! He timed the ceremony music beautifully. He created an awesome vibe for our dance floor and had everyone dancing from the time the music started to when it stopped. We highly recommend Mike!!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Danielle · Married on 08/26/2016

From the very beginning, Mike has been a great vendor to work with. When I was still in the early stages deciding on a DJ, I went on his website and we began a chat where he answered all my questions very thoroughly and was straight with me about the cost of travel for him to come to my venue in Maryland from North Carolina.

He has great energy, attitude, he's easy-going, accommodating, and he seemed to have a very good sense of what we wanted for our wedding - both the ceremony and reception. The dance floor stayed packed all night long! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! So happy I looked for a DJ outside of the DC metro area! The price was much more affordable for the same or better quality!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kate · Married on 08/21/2016

Mike is the BEST

Mike from High Impact Entertainment was the absolute best. We had him DJ our wedding and he exceeded all expectations. He is so responsive, gives advice and recommendations when you need it, and to top it off he is so kind. I would recommend him to anyone, for any occasion!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Ashley589

Ashley · Married on 08/20/2016

Mike absolutely MADE our wedding. I can't stress how important it is to have a good DJ at your wedding - they do so much more than just play music! He ran our ceremony and cocktail hour super smoothly and our reception was an absolute BLAST! He played the perfect music from the LITTLE guidance that I gave him. People were coming up to me all night saying he was the best wedding DJ they've ever heard. The dance floor was completely packed the whole night, and at the end of the night when I was scared that everyone would leave before our sparkler exit, he got everyone to stay. It was awesome. AND not to mention how incredibly affordable he is. Some DJ's are the same price or even more than a photographer, but Mike was extremely reasonable and worth every penny.
    I can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/14/2016

Mike was absolutely amazing! So many of our guests came up afterwards commenting about how great he was.

Mike helped provide a lot of feedback and tools to organize the wedding timeline. He gave professional advice when needed, and was so flexible to any changes the day of. He was incredible!

If you're looking for a DJ, Mike is the guy to get!

Sent on 08/15/2016