High Fidelity Reviews

70 | Austin, TX

70 Reviews for High Fidelity

Caitlin · Married on 10/25/2014

We loved Peyton and his band! They were so responsive, professional and talented! They play a variety of music and everyone at our wedding commented on how great they were! They even played La Vie En Rose for our first dance and it was beautiful! They are also reasonably priced! I highly HIGHLY recommend this band!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Meghan · Married on 09/13/2014

We are so, so happy that we booked High Fidelity for our wedding. They were super easy to work with before the wedding and on the actual wedding day - very responsive to my emails and answered any questions I had very quickly. They played a wide variety of music that kids and grandparents alike loved and were also very flexible when we wanted to hook up our iPod to play a few special songs at the end of the night. So many people came up to us unprovoked and said how great the band was. People were on the dance floor the ENTIRE night!!

Sent on 09/27/2014
  • User4296276 · event on: 07/26/2014

The band performed for us last minute -- we had a going away party.
    They took requests, were friendly and professional.
    Only negative was the keyboard player couldn't make it since our party was last minute.
    The band sounded so much like any band they covered.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Aurora · event on: 06/07/2014

My whole party loved the band!!!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Erik · Married on 05/31/2014

We seriously could not have picked a better wedding band. When we first contacted Peyton and asked what their "requirements" were for putting on a show, he said a flat surface and a wall outlet. The entire process from start to finish was that simple with these guys, and they put on a PHENOMENAL set at our wedding. They have a lot of variety in their song catalog (mostly 80's rock) and on top of that they offered to learn up to 3 new songs of our choosing. So if you ever book these guys and here "I was made for lovin you" by KISS, you're welcome. We felt that their band fee was extremely reasonable and competitive relative to other bands of their calibre, and we just do not have a single negative word to say about this band or any of its members. Do yourself a favor and see them live if you can, you will be sold. Their bass player could be a one man show, and everyone is just very talented and professional. If they are still rocking in 10 years, we will be calling them for an anniversary concert.

Sent on 08/26/2014

"High Fidelity was one of the upmost highlights of our wedding. From start to finish, working with Peyton and High Fidelity was pleasant, professional and superior. The wedding 'process' has its strains on a couple but working with this band was AMAZEBALLS! Not only did they help plan the perfect event we wanted but they delivered a great show and all my guests were so impressed with how awesome their performance was. I only hope that you don't read this review and hire them up for a date that I want to book them for our next party. Awesome! Amazing! Fun! Don't overthink it....just do it!!!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Greatest band ever! They played 80's rock music for my dad's 50th birthday and it was amazing! All the songs that were requested were right on, all our guests loved them! My dad could not have had a better birthday celebration without these guys! The whole band was amazing, they arrived at the agreed time, and started to play on time. All of the guys were friendly and open to any requests. Peyton did a great job communicating with me throughout the whole planning days in advance and on the night of the event. They were super accommodating and we had a great time!! Not to sound repetitive but the way they play, sing and set the mood of the party was awesome! Thanks!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Tucker · Married on 03/01/2014

I would recommend this bank to ANYONE getting married or for any other event. They played an awesome playlist, kept the entire dance floor full, allowed me (the groom) to sing a song or 2 on-stage, and seriously received like 50 compliments from random guests. A+++ job!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Fun band!!! Kept everyone dancing all night! Very professional and attentive!!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Elise · Married on 01/25/2014

We booked High Fidelity in August for a January wedding. Generally speaking, five months is not a lot of lead time to book a band, but Peyton and the band were extremely responsive and easy to work with during the planning process. We had a meeting with Peyton, after talking with him about what we were looking for in a wedding band, we felt he really understood what we wanted (I wanted dance pop/top hits and my husband wanted 80s rock). They played top hits at the wedding that weren't on their song list which we really enjoyed.

My husband and I both studied music in college, and we were very impressed by the way High Fidelity sounded in person. The live YouTube videos on their website are good, and the band offered us multiple chances to come listen to them perform live, which was helpful.

Peyton did an excellent job MCing the reception and kept the night running along, even though we were way behind schedule. We had a bit of miscommunication with the venue which led to a very ambiguous timeline, but thanks to High Fidelity none of our guests even noticed. Every guest we've talked to has told us about how much fun they had at the reception, and we really believe this was in no small part due to the band. They were unbelievably flexible throughout the whole process and we could not have asked for a better band to help us celebrate the night. They truly went above and beyond all expectations, and if we had to do it all over again, we would absolutely book them again.

Sent on 02/12/2014

Mary · Married on 12/28/2013

All the guests had a great time at the reception. The band leader served as the MC for the evening. He did a great job. The band played a variety of music for all tastes. The dance floor was full of all age guests the entire evening. Peyton was extremely helpful. He guided me through the process, gave a list of possible songs and the band had no problem playing the songs we requested for first dance, father/daughter, mother son as well as a surprise last song for just the bride and groom. The band was well worth the cost which was very reasonable. I would highly recommend High Fidelity. My husband and I plan to travel to Austin to listen to them play when they play at a venue.

Sent on 05/18/2014

High Fidelity was very accommodating and played all kinds of music.
    I am so glad we decided to go with them (High Fidelity) instead of a DJ.
    High energy, great music, awesome memories.
    I just recommend them to my good friend who is also getting married.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Scott · Married on 05/30/2015

My wife put me in charge of the music and booze for our wedding, and when it came to the music High Fidelity did not disappoint! Once they got going, no one stopped dancing the entire night, even their set break music was awesome! Compared to other bands that are considerably more expensive these guys are awesome! They have a vast repitoire of songs, I only wish they kept their list a bit more up to date so we would know if a special request song was one they needed to learn or they already knew! Chances are though, if it's a hit tune, even a newer hit, they already know it, so just ask! Very flexible with their time, and didn't restrict us to a set amount of live music time, they played all night and brought the house down!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Our first song and the father/daughter song were mixed up, but they rectified the situation later. Once the music got going, everyone was blown away by the quality and variety of the music played. They were AMAZING!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Klarinda Garza · Married on 12/13/2019

Better than we could have hoped for

This was one of the first vendors we booked after picking the venue. They did an amazing job! They even had all my grandparents on the dance floor. I distinctly remember running across the venue multiple times to get to the dance floor. Would recommend a thousand times over! Hope to catch them live again next time we're in town.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Brenda · Married on 07/03/2016

High Fidelity did such an amazing job at our wedding! They genuinely had the dance floor going all night.

A few months before our wedding, my husband went to check out a few different bands in the Central Texas area. After attending a rehearsal of High Fidelity's in San Marcos, he called me immediately after and said he had found our wedding band. He's a fan of rap and was sold after hearing their rendition of "California Love" lol.

Fast forward to our wedding reception- we requested mostly top 40 and, of course, some hip hop songs and High Fidelity did not disappoint. They were able to incorporate our music preferences along with traditional favorites and had such a good feel for what would keep the party going! They even had the little kids dancing through the night! That was easily one of our favorite memories of the entire wedding day.

Also, Peyton was great to deal with from the logistical side of things. I can't recommend HF and their entire team highly enough- thanks for such a memorable night!

Sent on 07/19/2016

This band has more talent and ability than any wedding band I have ever heard. True musicians who have deep understanding of music and how to put on a show you will never forget.

Sent on 06/26/2016

We used High Fidelity at our wedding reception three weeks ago, and I can't express how much fun everyone had with them. I've never been to a wedding where almost EVERYONE was dancing! Plus, people kept talking about how amazing the band was and how much they were able to sound like the real songs! Plus, they even allowed my cousin to play the tambourine. So much fun! Peyton was so easy to work with, and the band was such an amazing value compared to other wedding bands out there. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/05/2014

We had High Fidelity play for our Symphony Deb Ball. We have people ranging from 14 to 80 at the event. This band is fun for everyone! They are super professional and very easy to work with. Would definitely book them again!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Christi · Married on 05/23/2015

This band is great. If you want a real, live party band feel to your wedding, they will be for you. I am a big live music fan and these guys bring it. They play the songs true to the originals. All of our guests RAVED about the band. They will even learn 3 songs that you choose for the reception. For us, they learned a VERY obscure song that we used for our first dance and they also learned a Phish song, which is NOT easy to play. I was so impressed.

The only negative is that a terrible storm cut our evening short with the band and we only got 1 full set, when we were expected to have 3. This was not their fault.

They were all very nice people as well. They were fun to have at the event. Hope to see them live if they are playing next time we're in Austin.

Sent on 07/08/2015