High Fidelity Reviews

70 | Austin, TX

70 Reviews for High Fidelity

Michael · Married on 04/29/2017

I used to book bands for many years and these guys are pros. Our guests stayed on the dancefloor until the very end--even during the set breaks dancing to the mix music provided. Our photo album is full of hilarious photos of young couples, crazy cousins, and 90+ year old grandmas getting down. We provided general music preferences, a few special requests, and a rough timeline for the evening. Peyton and High Fidelity took it from there. The band was setup on-time and highly professional throughout the evening--solid musicianship, engaging stage presence, and a whole lot of fun. High Fidelity Rocks!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Meg · Married on 02/25/2017

When my now husband and I were planning our wedding, the top item on our wish list was a great band. From the moment we stumbled across High Fidelity’s information, we knew we found the perfect band to play at our wedding. I really appreciated working directly with the owner, Peyton Riley, to discuss services and pricing. He was easy to communicate with and helped me formulate my ideas into a cohesive and smooth event. He was organized and prompt and clearly ran a well-respected and successful business. As our wedding day approached and details were finalized, I never once had to second-guess High Fidelity’s commitment and enthusiasm, which was invaluable for a stressed out bride-to-be. On the day of our wedding, Peyton took care of everything. He personally contacted our venue and arranged all of the details. When my husband and I made our grand entrance, there was High Fidelity rocking out on stage just as promised and everyone LOVED it! We spent our entire evening on the dance floor. Their talent and stage presence are still something that my friends and family are talking about! They had a perfect blend of classic and modern hits that had even our grandmothers belting out lyrics. They interacted perfectly with the crowd and had everyone up and moving, including a mass of toddlers in the front row. And there are no words to describe the love and joy I felt when Peyton brought out his acoustic guitar and serenaded my husband and I during our first dance; it could not have been more perfect of an evening. High Fidelity made our wedding one to always be remembered and we can honestly say that we had the time of our lives…which is every bride’s dream come true.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Marion · Married on 02/12/2017

The band was super talented and very accessible,accommodating and fun! We will hire them again for other event !

Sent on 09/23/2017

Julie · Married on 01/28/2017

When you are planning the most significant event of your life, a wedding, you know that there are key components that can make or break the magic of the event. One of these is music – specifically the band. Not having booked a band in central Texas before, I went to the Knot for guidance. What a fortuitous act. We found High Fidelity! None of our friends had used them or were aware of them, but fortunately, that didn’t stop us from booking them. After hearing their promo tapes, our daughter and her fiancé knew their music and “sound” would match their vision. From the first contact with Peyton, every step in the process was smooth. Payment was easy, song variety was vast, options for additional instruments available, discussions on approach personable – right down to patience with slow response on OUR end! They were on-time, flexible in staying longer to meet the bride’s request, and provided the best party and dance we could ever imagine. Looking back at the photos of our guests filling the dance floor, hands waving in the air, musicians on the dance floor jamming – we want to do it again. I am looking for the next opportunity to hire High Fidelity and work with Peyton. You will not regret your decision to book them because you will have the highest level of professionalism combined with the highest level of musicianship, and topped with the best personalities and energy to make your event memorable. Love this group of musicians and their gift to us of a great wedding!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Erin · Married on 01/21/2017

I'm in the stage of life where all my friends and cousins are getting married. NO ONE'S entertainment has topped High Fidelity!

They were professional and helpful in the planning process (and I'm particular), great to work with on the day of, kept my guests on the dance floor ALL NIGHT and helped with all our silly surprises-karaoke, singing happy birthday, and the Aggie War Hymn! We are so grateful for their professionalism, enthusiasm, and did I mention talent? Thank you for a perfect reception! Y'all are the best!!!

Sent on 02/20/2017

So I do not have enough words about how much EVERYONE (& I mean everyone!!) @ my wedding LOVED High Fidelity!! They had everyone dancing, from kids to the older crowd! It truly MADE my wedding! They were not only fun & interactive with my guests, but professional & considerate and responsive of my special requests. All my little cousins & nieces and nephews wanted their autographs! :) You got some followers! They are GOLDEN & a solid choice to make your event, AN EVENT! :)

Sent on 11/21/2016

Elissa · Married on 11/19/2016

I booked High Fidelity without getting the chance to see them due to their positive reviews. Their manager was very responsive and helped me through the booking process. It only took two songs at our wedding for it to click for me just how amazing the band was. Not only did they go above and beyond to help with ceremony instruments and sound (which was not part of our contract), but they learned many new songs for our dances, played many of my requests, helped my dad with music for his toast, and played Bruce Springsteen on the spot for my family from Philly per their request AT the party. The sound and light show were very high quality. The dance floor was completely packed all night. People were commenting on the band the whole entire night as they played 80's, 90's, oldies and pop hits. Our Hava Nagila was epic, and I thought the dance floor might break during Blink 182 with the whole crowd stomping and pumping their fists. The reception could not have been more fun, and I credit this band for bringing out the energy in our guests. They emcee'd the party and were interactive with the groom and me throughout the night. My family was obsessed with landing the perfect band, and they are now obsessed with High Fidelity.
    Thank you High Fidelity! We couldn't have asked for more.vI would not hesitate to hire them again, and I bet our wedding guests will be hiring them too!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Katie · Married on 10/01/2016

Finding a band to wow our guests was one of the hardest parts of our wedding! We would see these fabulous bands and then find out that they cost $15,000 and my heart would sink. I finally gave up and took to FB and asked my friends for help. That's when I learned about High Fidelity! YALL! They were responsive, kind, easy going, and SO talented! We wanted a female vocalist and a horn section added: They provided for little extra cost! We opted for no stage to save money: No big deal! We opted to have an RV for their greenroom since the venue did not provide one: They totally went with it! My BIL's have a habit of getting on the mic for a Guns n Roses performance: They catered to them perfectly even giving my 2 year old niece a tambourine to get in on the action! And most importantly, they were SO talented!! Their rendition of Chris Stapleton's Tennessee Whisky will forever make my MIL swoon!! I am SO grateful for High Fidelity and their talents/service! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Justin · Married on 09/24/2016

If you are on the fence or just starting your search for a band to add to your wedding or gathering your search is over. My wife and I are in our mid 20's and have been to probably 20 weddings together over the last 4 year so we knew a great band was the most important thing to make our reception memorable for us and our guests. We searched for months viewing several different bands, some more than once and thought we had settled on 1 until we saw High Fidelity perform in Austin. We drove from San Antonio to watch them preform "80's Night" and they knocked it out of the park! We signed their contract the next day.
    They were very professional and more than accommodating before, during and after our reception. They send over a checklist to help your night go as smooth as possible and will even learn a few songs to perform at your event. My wife and I took dance lessons to a Sam Smith recorded song to get our step count perfect. They surprised us with learning and performing the song and absolutely nailed it, our step counts and Joe's lead vocals were on point with what we had been rehearsing for months. We gave them the reins to introduce couples, first dances, cake cutting etc. and everything flowed perfectly - no awkward quite moments of transition.
    I can't give High Fidelity enough praise for their performance at our wedding. We got married 5 months ago and people are still talking about the band! If you have any hesitation to hiring them you should take the time and go see them live - you will not regret it.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Enisa · Married on 06/25/2016

Peyton and the entire High Fidelity team are amazing. They are absolutely stellar musicians. It was important to me to have a live band at my wedding and High Fidelity was the answer. I did not hold them to a specific playlist. Being a musician myself, I know how important it is to read a crowd and get a feel for what the crowd wants. I allowed the band to do just that and they nailed it. The band was also very relaxed and flexible. My wedding was outdoors in a covered pavilion. With looming rain, they made certain accommodations and the show went on! Thank you so much for making my night so memorable. All of my guests loved you guys!

Sent on 07/01/2016
  • thecececollins

Cece · Married on 04/29/2016

Seriously, the best addition we could have ever made for our music festival themed wedding #barnaroo! high Fidelity had everyone on the dance floor within the first 5 seconds of the first song and kept the party going until we were kicked out at midnight. They played the best songs on our wishlist and were more than willing to accommodate for any requests. If you are nervous about finding a band that will be fun, outgoing, willing, can get everyone from all ages on the dance floor, well look no further!

It's been a month since our wedding and we still have people (especially our mom's) who repeatedly tell us how much they loved High Fidelity!

Sent on 06/10/2016
  • lauren

lauren · Married on 04/16/2016

I just wanted to say thank you! Thank you for being an easy vendor - straight forward and dependable. The band was great! OMG that band was so good. I really think they made my reception such a success and probably the best wedding reception I've ever been to (I might be a little biased). The weather turned out great - and the dance floor was constantly packed. All the members were friendly and great. I even think the guests were singing "sing another song! sing another song!" even after me and my husband left in the getaway car. I know learning reggae wasn't easy - and I thought the band killed it. My husband and I loved dancing to Bob Marley sung by a live band member. SO GREAT!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/02/2016

High Fidelity did an awesome job at our wedding! I had a whole plan regarding what songs to play at what times and they followed it wonderfully! The band even played some of the songs I had on my mp3 list that I didn't even know they were able to play (since it wasn't on their list on the website). They can play almost anything (any genre), it is great!! They knew how to get the party started and the guitarist even came off the stage to jam out (my husband played his air guitar with him) lol. I was planning from NJ and our wedding was in TX. It was very easy to get in contact with Peyton when if I needed anything. Overall great experience and would totally recommend!!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 11/07/2015

This band ROCKS! And they know how to make a reception, a party! If you are looking for a reception that gets people out of their seats then you must hire High Fidelity. They do an AH-MAZING job prepping to build the perfect private concert for you and your guests (yes! that's exactly what it feels like!!)

Before the event they will ask you for the key songs and will ask you to send the VERSION of the song you want them to play -- this was amazing to my husband and I -- big music people! We picked obscure versions of songs -- sent them the video / song in the version we wanted and BAM! The night of the reception they sounded like our favorite artists, singing our favorite songs -- at our wedding concerts! Again I'm tearing up thinking about our wedding because these folks made it so special. Oh! And they sang for the ceremony -- I was a bit "out of it" walking down the aisle but from what I hear it was glorious. I do remember looking at the lead singer walking down the aisle and he gave me the sweetest smile. The band members truly wanted to be there and make the night special -- you can tell they love making memories for their clients and guests.

I "planned" my own wedding -- worried at the last minute that everything will work out. Well -- choosing a partner like High Fidelity eased any nerves. They arrived on time, asked the right questions and performed an amazing show. Again -- this is the band you want to hire if you want people dancing all night long!!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Anthony · Married on 09/25/2015

Simply put -- you must hire them!

High Fidelity absolutely killed it. We are from New York, but getting married in Austin you know there are a ton of local bands to choose from, but none exudes the type of energy and delivers an almost absurdly diverse song list like High Fidelity. My wife summed it up perfectly, "They seemed to understand who we were as a couple and played to that - literally." From the very start, they were professional and approachable, and we easily communicated via both email and text. They conveyed a sense of confidence, and it was nice to know "they got it taken care of" when you are in the midst of planning. They read the crowd well, and you can tell they truly enjoyed playing as much as we enjoyed dancing.

Beyond playing songs ranging from "Dreams" by Fleewood Mac, "Add it U" by Violent Fems, a rousing rendition of "Shout" by The Isley Brothers, "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leopard, and even mastering Warren G (yes, they learned "Regulate" for us), they also MC'd the entire night and generally kept everything flowing. They are definitely up to any challenge, and will without a doubt deliver the type of experience you are looking for. They know when to quiet it down, and when to bring the house down. They also have a seller tech team, and worked well with our wedding coordinator to nail down what songs were to be played when, even sourcing the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances from Spotify, and filling in the band breaks with our own play lists without having us worry about anything. Multiple lead singers, great musicians (think...Grammy Awards), and all around good people -- it's a hard mix to find.

They brought good vibes from the moment we walked in the door, and it was amazing to hear comments from our guests like "wow, I can't believe they did that song." For now, all I can do is stress how great they were. We were beyond happy we hired High Fidelity and we think you should too.

Sent on 10/10/2015

brenna · Married on 09/19/2015

The band was wonderful. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to make their event special. They were so fun to work with, quick to respond to any questions or concerns that we had, always available to talk via phone or email, they guided us through the entire process and made it incredibly easy for us. They read the crowd perfectly and had all ages dancing literally all night. We have received SO many compliments about the band since the wedding. Everyone was so impressed with their song choices and musical ability. They engaged the crowd (even had my dad - a bass player himself - up to play a song with them). I have nothing but the highest praise for High Fidelity! If you are looking for a band, look no further, this is who you need to choose if you want to have a fun, upbeat celebration!!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Best investment!! Everyone was still talking about how great the band was days after the wedding. They were high energy and played well to the crowd. From a brides prospective, they were so easy to deal with! It was nice to have one thing easily taken care of. I just got to sit back and enjoy the entertainment!

Sent on 09/07/2015

The band was amazing!! From the beginning, Peyton was very easy to deal with and was prompt with answering any questions that I had. About a month prior to the wedding, they sent a questionnaire to fill out with all the information they would need to MC the event that evening and about our song preferences. I had watched videos of them on their website and was excited for them to play at my wedding, and let me tell you, they exceeded all of my expectations. They were lively and sounded wonderful throughout the night. They interacted with the crowd and were able to play music that kept everyone on the dance floor all night. People were still talking about how much fun they had and how great the band a week after the wedding. Trust me when I say, they are worth every penny!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Chris · Married on 07/18/2015

My wife found High Fidelity, the band was absolutely amazing and they really made the reception! They were judging the crowd and played music that kept everyone out on the dance floor, I want to have a party for our five year anniversary and have High Fidelity play! They learned three songs for our reception which was included in the price, as well as find the guitarist for the ceremony music. Thanks High Fidelity, everyone is still talking about how much fun they had at the reception, even a month later. I would definitely recommend High Fidelity!!! - The Groom

Sent on 08/19/2015

Patience · Married on 06/28/2015

The band was flexible with our wedding day schedule because we were late and all the times were off schedule. They rocked the house and everyone commented on how great the band was. Payton was super nice!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/27/2015

They made our wedding night a perfect fairytale

Sent on 07/04/2015

Vince · Married on 04/27/2015

Awesome band to have at our wedding . Their point of contact , Peyton was spot on with the logistics . Everyone from the sound / visual engineers to the band members themselves were amazing .

Sent on 06/02/2015

Chad · event on: 04/25/2015

These guys ( and lady ) are fantastic !!! All of our guests were asking " where did you find such a great band ?" everyone really enjoyed them. They were the perfect band for my wifes 40th party !!! I would highly recommend them to anyone !!!! If you are looking for a band that is very professional and like to have fun with the crowd look no further !!!
    - chad d

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/11/2015

The band is amazing! There are not enough words to describe just how much fun my wedding was, and it was all because of them! The music was phenomenal, they played almost everything that was requested! They got everyone onto the dance floor on almost every song! I cannot thank them enough for their wonderful talents, and My husband and I will definitely be following them and attending their shows!!!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Amanda · Married on 01/31/2015

High Fidelity was a fabulous band, keeping the wedding on the dance floor all night! I had so many of my guests tell me how much they loved the band. I would 100% recommend them for any party, wedding, gala etc. They are professional and they were always communicating with us.

Sent on 02/12/2015