HI Light Wedding Films Reviews

56 | Wailuku, HI

56 Reviews for HI Light Wedding Films

Judy · Married on 05/06/2018

We totally recommend Hi-Light Films - worth every penny! Jordan and his team are great; professional and friendly! They were on top of things and were accommodating to our changes, including location and post edits. They were also quick to deliver an amazing video (online and hard drive) which captured our wedding and added a creative flare. We appreciate their work and were extremely happy with the end product.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Mary Beth · Married on 04/26/2018

It is honestly hard to put into words how incredibly happy we were with our choice to have the team at HiLight share and capture our special day. If you are anything like we were and are on the fence about whether or not to hire a videographer to capture your wedding....DO IT!!!! Seriously.... and make sure you hire HiLight!!

I can truthfully say out of all of the decisions that we made with respect to our wedding this was one of the BEST decisions we could have made. No matter how relaxed the day is and how present you are in the moment, it goes by WAY too fast! Pictures tell a beautiful story but there truly isn't anything like film to help you remember ever little detail.

It was so great that HiLight had a variety of options available that were also affordable - which is important to many and something we found hard to find while still being top notch quality. Jordan was SO responsive and friendly and although we didn't meet in advance, after emailing back and forth and briefly speaking on the phone I felt completely at ease and comfortable. His team that joined us the day of the wedding were so friendly, kind and talented - not to mention dedicated to ensuring they captured it all.

Where many videographer's can take months to provide you with a finished product we had ours in WEEKS!!! This was such a wonderful and welcomed surprise. The video was incredible. We absolutely loved being able to share our special day through video with friends and family who were unable to join us in Maui and have received SO many compliments, including comments from many that it was the BEST wedding video they had ever seen.

Our wedding was only a short month a go and I can tell you watching the video reminded me of things I had already forgotten of the day. Trust me, you won't regret the decision to have HiLight capture your special day, I have watched our video every single day since we received it :)

Sent on 06/07/2018
  • I

Ian · Married on 04/17/2018

HI Light Films was absolutely amazing!! Little history about us. We both are newly graduated, full-time dentists living on the East coast and simply did not have time (nor energy) to put together a wedding, so we decided to elope to Hawaii. Without any guests and really without any help from us, HI Light Films put together a masterpiece that we can enjoy forever. If you are on the edge about drone footage, we highly recommend it, the footage was amazing. Thank you so much for making our special day forever memorable!!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Kristen · Married on 03/25/2018

Like many people, we were debating on whether or not to have a videographer at our wedding, but after reading many "Must Do" lists, we didn't want to regret not having one later. There is only so much photos can capture. After much research and watching various wedding videos from different companies, I knew HiLight Films was the company we had to go with! Jordan was professional throughout the whole process, and Michael (aka Matthew McConaughey) & Amber honestly were awesome & hilarious throughout our entire wedding day! I can honestly say that HiLight Films was the best vendor we booked! Our wedding video was AMAZING!!!! I can not get enough of it! It was perfect in every way - it captured every aspect of our day and the editing was unreal! Watching it takes me back to our wedding day and melts my heart every single time!
    Book HiLight Films - You will not regret it! Spend the little extra money for the extended length video & add on drone footage - they are both well worth it! Thank you Jordan, Matthew McConaughey, & Amber! You guys are the best!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Sascha · Married on 12/03/2017

We organized our elopement from Germany and decided last minute with our wedding coordinator to include a wedding cinema. After looking at a few companies we instantly decided to pick HI Light Wedding Films. What a good choice - Jordan and his team was so amazing, flexible and excited. As we did a real first look moment the team was really into it and shared with us a fun and happy time as you would hope for, when you decide to elope in Hawai'i. As it was already our third time to Maui we really recognized the connection that Jordan and his time have for the island, just inspirational.

Definitely a great pick with a lot of value and flexibility for money. Therefore we highly recommend to get in touch with Jordan and team!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Valerie · Married on 12/02/2017

This team is amazing! Jordan did a great job of communicating with me and getting information on exactly what we wanted for our big day! I would highly recommend this company for any one who wants the best quality and professionalism. Thanks HI Light Wedding Films for making our wedding day even more special!

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

Thank you again for having us!!! It was our pleasure and a joy to be your wedding videographer! Congrats!

Brittney · Married on 11/28/2017

We did a short notice elopement style wedding and they were quick to respond and work us in to their schedule! They were great! Super professional and fun :) not to mention the amazing video they gave us, we love it!! Such a great way to remember all the details of our day!

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

Thank you so much!!! It was really fun shooting your day too! It really was a beautiful day! Mahalo again! -Jordan

Alexandra · Married on 11/01/2017

I had an overall great experience with HiLight Films! We decided to have a destination wedding which made a wedding video even more necessary for the family and friends who were unable to attend our ceremony to enjoy. We asked them to stay a bit longer on the day of our wedding to capture a few more special moments, to which they were flexible and happy to accommodate. The turn-around for our video was also quick considering we requested it for just one month after the ceremony to play at our at-home reception. The video they composed of our day was incredible and wonderfully put together. My mom was quick to compliment! Great work, and thanks again!

Sent on 12/30/2017

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

Thank you so much for having us! Shooting your wedding and the turn around time was no problem! All the best and congratulations again!!!

Jamie · Married on 10/21/2017

HI Light films equals AWESOME!
    Jordan was awesome to talk stories with, or even keep in contact. His forms to get your special day set were in full detail! You couldn't go wrong. And to have not 1, not 2, but 3!! videographers was amazing. Amber and Martin worked with my husband and I on our big day. We also asked to push for another 30 minutes more before they left the reception, and with ease they stayed (with extra charge of course).
    To capture and cry again by watching our film at home made us realize we made the right choice!

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!! It was our pleasure to be a part of your amazing day!!!

Jan · Married on 10/18/2017

I had my dream wedding I always wanted in Maui. We picked Hi Light Films based on their illustrated work and pricing. We were so happy when we received the wedding video in less than two months. I still cry every time I watch it. It is so beautiful. Thank you for capturing our special day! I would highly recommend anyone who is having a wedding in Maui to hire Hi Lite Films.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Hillary · Married on 10/15/2017

Jordan and his team were so amazing. I am so grateful we found them and booked them - they made a beautiful video for us and made our day extra spectacular!

Sent on 12/13/2017

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

Thank you so much it was our pleasure!!!

Kathy · Married on 07/17/2017

Hi Lights Films was AMAZING! Truly the best! We love our highlight from our wedding!!!! I've received so many compliments about our video. Jordan and crew did an awesome job!! He was reasonably priced and easy to get a hold of. Returns all calls and emails in a timely manner. 100% recommend. High Lights Films is a must for wedding videography.

Kathy C.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Kiani · Married on 06/17/2017

Jordan and his team were wonderful to work with. Jordan was always responsive, and made sure to understand what we wanted, and help everything run smoothly. I was so grateful that he was able to provide a package that fit within our budget, as I really wanted to have something to be able to watch in years to come that brought back wonderful memories of our special day. The highlight video we received was everything we could have asked for. It made many of our guests who watched it cry all over again! The team that was there the day of made sure to get every possible shot, they were great to work with.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Joyce · Married on 05/07/2017

One word to sum up Hi Light Films: Wow!

One of the best investments you could ever make for your wedding day is to hire amazing videographers like Jordan, Amber and their team. At the end of the day, when everyone has forgotten the speeches, what color your napkins you had, the types of flowers you had in your centerpieces or the dance moves you were seeing on the dance floor, the one thing that you will forever have is your wedding film! I say look no further!

Jordan is very easy going and was easily accessible every time we had questions. He was quick to schedule a phone call with us whenever we wanted to clarify information. He was also very honest with us in term of our timeline and gave us suggestions on what we can do to best utilize our day.

Hi Lights captured our day beautifully. The opening shot legitimately looks like a painting-they really captured the beauty of our venue! They captured special moments like my grandma on the dance floor having a blast with our glow sticks to my mom and little brother slow dancing.

Right off the bat, I felt at ease when I met Amber. She is personable and funny. It never felt awkward that we had cameras on us. They worked discretely-always ensuring that they were not intruding or blocking anyone's view. At one point, I saw Amber and Michael on the GROUND and I had no idea how long they have been filming there to make sure that they get all the shots they needed!! They're video ninjas with a purpose!

In addition, their turn around time is unbelievable. Our film was ready to go about 2.5 weeks after our wedding (their timeline might vary depending on the season).

Give Hi Light an email or a call and you won't regret it!

You guys are awesome! Thanks!!

-Joyce and Nick

Sent on 05/24/2017

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

This is awesome!!! It was great shooting your wedding day! All the best!
    It really means a lot that you set a side the time to write such great things about your experience! Mahalo and congratulations!!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 04/15/2017

Highly Recommend!

Where do I even begin?? We could not be more happy with our video and the incredible service we received from Hi Light Films! Jordan was easy to communicate with and took the time to find out what we really wanted with the experience and the final product. On the wedding day, Amber and Matt worked so well with our photographer, Angela Nelson, to get the perfect shots and made the experience lots of fun. Nothing felt awkward or rushed. When we received the video (much sooner than expected) I was crying within the first 5 seconds because it was just so beautifully and seamlessly made. It perfectly captures all of the love and feelings we felt on that day, which is priceless because the day passes so quickly. The quality of the video compared to so many others that I’ve seen is indescribable. It’s edited like a movie, and everything just flows together perfectly. When we shared the video with all of our friends and family, they were blown away. A few people even said it looked like an advertisement for Hawaii and for marriage haha. Strangers even commented to say how great it was. We ended up adding on extra time, both on wedding day and extra minutes to make the video longer, and it was worth every penny. We did ask Jordan to make a couple adjustments to the final product, and he was very accommodating. If you’re questioning if a wedding video is worth the money, it 100% is and you won’t regret working with this amazing company. Thank you to the entire team for making our video dreams come true and capturing our perfect day!
    -Mr. and Mrs. Berry

Sent on 11/01/2019

natasha · Married on 04/08/2017

My husband and I couldn't have selected a better videographer crew then HI Light Films. Jordan was so quick to reply to all of my questions and was sure to set up the perfect crew for our needs. The 3-man crew that showed up was so fun and professional. The video was done quickly and came out better than we could have imagined. I would highly recommend anyone on the island of Maui to book with HI Light Films!

Sent on 09/17/2017

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

Mahalo and all the best guys! Thank you!

Charmaine · Married on 02/17/2017

We had a great experience with HI Light! They went above and beyond our expectations. The turn around time was super quick too and we even got our raw video shipped to us all nicely packaged! I posted our video on my social media last week and it already has 6k views! If you're getting married anywhere in Hawaii, we definitely recommend them to capture your beautiful day!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Lindsey · Married on 10/01/2016

Probably the best way to sum up our experience with Jordan and his team at HiLight Wedding Films is: WAY above and beyond what we expected. When planning our wedding, we had a budget but wanted so badly to have the experience on video. Jordan was patient with us and helped us find a package that would allow us to document our day AND fit our budget. The end result and highlight reel was SO much more than we expected. I feel like the value of Jordan and his team are far beyond what we paid for. If you have any doubts about having a videographer - DO IT!!! My husband and I have the most amazing film to share with our friends and family that couldn't make our destination wedding.. and even better we will be able to relive this day over for the rest of our lives. THANK YOU SO MUCH JORDAN AND TEAM!!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2016

We chose Hi Light initially because of the prompt follow up which we didn't receive from the first company we contacted. Not only was the pricing much more competitive, I felt a sense of comfort that Jordan was going to be prompt and reliable based on his high level of responsiveness. Most importantly, our film turned out awesome! He used the music we wanted and the final product is just gorgeous. We showed at our reception last weekend and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Lots of 'oohs' and 'ahhs' over the stunning shots of our beach location, and they captured some very special moments which were just perfect to share. Highly recommend Jordan and team to produce your wedding film!

Sent on 11/12/2016

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

It was great shooting your wedding day! This is awesome!!! All the best!

Melissa · Married on 08/05/2016

We absolutely love our wedding video!! We asked them to make an extended video for us and they did a fabulous job!!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in Maui!!! It was so nice to be able to watch our video and remember everything from our wedding night!!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

It was our pleasure! Thank you so much for the kind words!!!

Jodi · Married on 07/15/2016

Jordan was amazing to work with! He captured everything without being in the way at all and knew exactly what angles, lighting, etc to use. All of our friends and family love the video...as do to we! It perfectly captured our special day. I would highly recommend him to anyone! Jodi Baxter

Sent on 09/12/2016

Gina · Married on 06/16/2016

I am so happy that I decided to take a risk and hire Hi Light Wedding Films. We had a destination wedding and we traveled from Chicago to Maui and we were just able to view their previous wedding films as our decision maker! After watching their previous films, there was absolutely no question in my mind that this was the company I would hire to capture our wedding day! Words alone cannot fully express how incredibly talented Hi Light Films truly is. My husband and I watched our wedding video for the first time with our families and we were completely blown away by both the quality and artistic vision of the film and their ability to capture the most exciting and happiest time and day of our lives. Our wedding day went by all too quickly and Hi Light Films was able to preserve our wedding day memories forever and will let us relive them and take these memories throughout our lives. Ordinary wedding films show you what happened the day of your wedding, while artistic wedding films show you how you felt on your wedding day. Hi Light Films brings you back to the moment in a very special way. Amber and Robbie were our main videographers and also had an assistant with them and I can't say enough about how fabulous all of them were. They truly took the time to get to know us and worked with us on such a personal level. Jordan is who manages the company and he was so quick to getting back to my emails and meeting every need that we had. He made himself available to discuss what we were looking for and even gave us suggestions! After our wedding, he was quick to send out our video on the flash drive and all of our raw footage on the external hard drive. He made sure that we received it and wanted to ensure that we were happy with the video, with without question we were! It was a pleasure working with them and would recommend Hi Light Films to every bride looking to get that artistic wedding video that captures all of the special moments of their wedding day!

Sent on 08/29/2016

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

It was great shooting your wedding day! All the best! This is awesome!!!
  • Karena

Karena · Married on 06/15/2016

Our wedding planner highly recommended HI Light for our 6/15/16 wedding. And because all the other recommendations she made for us were spot on with meeting our tight budgetary needs and matching our style, the choice for us was a no-brainer to sign on with HI Light. We do not regret our choice at all! And we almost wish we had another wedding so that we could have another cool video to watch over and over again. Adding wedding videography was actually a last minute decision for my husband and I after hearing countless other couples tell us that they are so glad they had the service because otherwise, their wedding days go by like a total blur and why would you spend all this time/money/effort into planning your big day and not want to capture all the details!? So just weeks before the wedding day, we booked with HI Light and right away Jordan contacted me and got us started right away on making sure we had exactly the kinds of shots, music and details we wanted. He provided us with excellent tips on making sure we had the best documentation and made sure that everything was in sync to go. The day of the wedding, Amber and Mike came to film and they were very reassuring, friendly, professional and perfectionists. After the wedding, Jordan contacted us to make sure everything went smoothly and we discussed the last details for making sure we got the kind of film we wanted; he was always very responsive and helpful in directing our questions. In just a short few weeks, we received our final film and as you can see from the other films they have done, their work is of high quality and entertaining to view. We definitely cried watching the film and rewatch it often, it's just so beautiful and captured all the emotions, memories and details of our special day we will cherish for a long time. All of our wedding guests also cried watching the video and could not stop remarking how wonderfully it came out, and I quote them, "wow, best wedding film ever!" Mahalo guys!

Sent on 08/01/2016

HI Light Wedding Films's reply:

This is awesome!!! It was great shooting your wedding day! All the best!

Van · Married on 06/12/2016

They are very responsive and professional. The video is great and we really liked the fact that Hi Light gave us all the RAW footage, including the whole length of ceremony and toast. We searched other companies and most of videographors either do not provide RAW footage or charge us for extra fees to release RAW footage, which is quite upsetting. 3 videographers from Hi Light are really nice. The price is also very reasonable and affordable.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Aaron · Married on 06/10/2016

We couldn't have been happier with HiLight Films videography for our wedding! From promptly answering all our questions to helping us find the perfect package for our needs, Jordan was professional and supportive throughout the planning process. On the day itself, the videography team led by Amber made us feel taken care of and made sure to capture all of the moments we wanted to "HiLight." We absolutely love the incredible footage we have of our wedding (from three different cameras!) and are so lucky to have found a company with so much aloha!

Sent on 08/27/2016